Perfectly Imperfect

In Accordance with Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook pouts angrily at his phone. A picture of him and Kyuhyun smiling together is being shown on the screen; imprinting itself on his brain and burning his eyes for some unknown reasons.

It has been not too long ago when Kyuhyun confessed to Ryeowook that he loves the smaller man. At that time, Ryeowook has been surely elated, for he has thought that the younger doesn't reciprocate the love he has been secretly harboring for a long time towards Kyuhyun. As it turned out though, both of them just have been shy to admit that they love each other so only now do they end up together. Fortunately, everything has been going on smoothly between them.

Until now, that is.

Ryeowook has always thought that once he agrees to be Kyuhyun's boyfriend, he will finally be happy. He has thought that his partner will make him feel contented and secured in this relationship; he has once thought that the two of them can work out for, hopefully, a long period of time.

So why is he being miserable then?

Ryeowook then huffs childishly as he throws his phone away and proceeds to bury his head on his pillow with a silent scream.

That's right, it's because Kyuhyun is the unsweetest and the most unromantic boyfriend ever to grace this planet, as Ryeowook realizes with woe over time.

--

A perfect boyfriend is:

•Someone who will hug me if I'm angry

Ryeowook glares at the man in front of him with much viciousness as he can muster without crying; the receiver of the glare rolling his eyes at the action. The man then soon stuffed a piece of bread on the eternal maknae's mouth when the glare didn't decrease in intensity. As expected, Ryeowook sputters in surprise as he hastily swallows the bread without chewing it; causing him to cough for air and the man in front of him to laugh loudly before offering a cup of water to the still-choking Ryeowook.

"You're horrible! You can see that I'm angry at you and yet you go and try to make me more upset by trying to kill me! What kind of boyfriend are you?!"

Kyuhyun just chuckles at the protest being directed at him. "A handsome one, if you don't know."

"Yuck."

"Yuck? Excuse me, that's not what you said to me last night when you got to your knees and my di—"

"Is your purpose in this relationship to always make me angry?" Ryeowook instantly cuts off with a beet red face while Kyuhyun just smirks. "I can't believe you, first you spilled your wine on my most treasured shirt because your hormones were so freaking excited, then you freaking destroyed my favorite jeans 'cause you are so impatient to get them off of me, then I couldn't breathe last night because you were ing choking me with your mini-friend, then now you want to kill me because of that damned bread? You're a horrible partner Kyukyu," Ryeowook rants with an irate voice while crossing his arms on his chest defensively; Kyuhyun just scoffing in disbelief at the smaller man's accusations before he stands up from the table with a painfully blank face.

"Whatever, I'm going out."

And Ryeowook just stares wide-eyed at the retreating Kyuhyun—his heart suddenly feeling heavy and hurt as he wonders why Kyuhyun just can't appease his anger or at least apologize. He hates it, because Kyuhyun's indifference towards his display of anger really hurts him more that he can ever admit.

And before Ryeowook can even register what's happening in his mind, strong arms suddenly encase him from behind in a strong warm embrace.

"But I won't go out before I give you your much needed embrace. I'm sorry, Ryeong."

 

•Someone who will kiss me if I'm crying

Ryeowook silently sobs on the pillow he's burying his head with; Kyuhyun who is beside him giving him a weird and slightly judgmental look. Of course, because Ryeowook's busy on crying his heart and pain out, he doesn't notice what his boyfriend is doing and how Kyuhyun is doing everything he can not to just roll his eyes.

"You're seriously crying just because of this soap opera?"

 And Ryeowook sniffed once, twice, before he brings his head up and hits Kyuhyun on the shoulder with the now wet pillow.

"Hey, unlike you, I have a heart! And Eunhye is just so pitiful and she doesn't deserve the hate her stepmother is giving her!"

"That's just acting, Wook."

"But it's still so sad! How can Eunhye have her happy ending now when everyone is just so dedicated on making her life miserable? I mean, the monkey and the fish should end up together!"

Kyuhyun then just sighed deeply as he promptly shut the television off; all the while ignoring Ryeowook's loud whines of protest. "You're hopeless."

The smaller man pouts childishly as he starts to ignore the younger man, although his scrunched up face suddenly becomes that of disbelief at Kyuhyun's next choice of words.

"And you look so ugly when you cry."

"H-how dare you!"

"Yep, Ryeong, you become ugly when you cry! But what can we do about it; you're a crybaby in the first place!"

"No, I'm not!"

"Yes, you are!" Kyuhyun teases in a sing-song voice as he lightly hits Ryeowook with a pillow. "I can't believe my boyfriend gets so ugly because he always cries!"

"You're h-horrible!"

"But at least I don't look ugly when I cry!"

And Ryeowook proceeds to cry some more as Kyuhyun cackles evilly from the side; his feelings going haywire because 'why can't he just console me when I cry? There's no need to tease me more!'

"Aww, Ryeowook, you're getting ugly again," Kyuhyun suddenly says near his ear with a fake concerned voice. "You know what will make you go handsome and beautiful again?"

The smaller man sniffs; oblivious to Kyuhyun’s teasing tone of voice. "W-What?"

"When you smile like the angelic being you are."

And Kyuhyun kisses Ryeowook deep on the lips.

 

•Someone who will sing to me if I'm sad

Ryeowook plops down on his bed with tiredness pulsating over his body; his face showing telltale signs of sadness and frustration.

His day has not gone smoothly—instead it has went from bad to worse. The small man doesn't understand why all of the unfortunate things that can happen to him materialized together in one day; a day that he so wanted to be perfect. He doesn't know why he is so unlucky today, and that enigma itself makes him gloomier.

After

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter