Table slamming

THE CALM STORM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hayi ..." President Lee started to speak, like Jennie and Kim Gunho who were talking in their respective car, Hayi and her dad were also in the car.

"Why didn't you tell me that you already knew?! I feel like a fool!" President Lee was furious at the same time worried about Hayi.

Hayi couldn't help but sigh as she observed how her once strong and formidable father could be this fragile. "Dad.." Hayi held her father's hands and said "don't worry, I'm not mad and neither should you be. I trully understand your struggles, you may have thought all this time that I would be devastated once I'll know about it. But this I assure you, I'm with you every step of the way. Let me help you."

President Lee heard her, and in his heart, he couldn't be more thankful to God for guving him Hayi. He now knew, that the little girl he always protected would have this kind of inner strength. He can see it in her eyes, it screams determination. However, even if that is the case, he is still worried that if Hayi would step in the battle feild, she would be harmed. 

"Thats ..." President Lee did not want to answer Hayi, he is afraid that if he will encourage her, he might send her to danger. On the other hand, he can sense that Hayi needs to see the world he is in if she wants to survive the business world.

There was just silence, and Hayi definitely sees her dad speechless. She wants to help him, but apparently he is not ready to entrust that task to her. Hayi decided not to force her dad to answer.

"Dad ... let's just talk about it some other time." She said.

"No..." her dad stopped her from ending the topic "... I need to trust you... and you ... you also must know how the world that we live in works." Listening to her dad's words, she felt a bit animated. 

"Its time for me... to pass on the task to you. Don't worry, you have it in you... you're my daughter" President Lee, after saying such things, felt that he is making the right decision. A decision made by him that he might be proud about someday.

"Thank you father. Thank you for trusting in me. I know, I still have a lot to learn from you, from the business. As much as I want to take the company back now, I know its not the right time yet, we're too weak. We need more people, loyal people." Hayi told her dad.

Hayi stopped from talking after seeing her dad smile.

"Why? Did I say something wrong?" She asked.

"Oh no! You are talking about the right things. I just remembered your Grandfather in you because of your wisdom." -PL

"Really?" -H

"Uhuh." -PL

"Wow, its like the first time." -H

"First time of what?" -PL

"That you talked about Grandfather's traits to me" -H

"Oh... " -PL

"What else? Tell me more about him." -H

"Uhm ... not today Hayi .. I'm sorry. I just feel bad talking about him. I'm sorry if I opened up the topic." -PL

"I guessed just right," Hayi knew it was coming, that her dad would never continue the topic, especially because it was about her Grandfather. Ever since, her dad would only disclose the former's achievements and prestige as a businessman. But never about the personality, private life, or hobbies. It may be weird for other people to understand, but it was a normal thing to Hayi already.

_____________________________________________

Everybody shook and felt nervous when the meeting table was slammed by the boss. 

It was so sudden, and everyone can't  see no other thing to blame for but the on going report. it seems that the boss didn't like it. However, its odd that the boss seems to be in a very bad mood, one dared to ask why the boss was so angry. They were all silent, asking would only be a cause for a voluntary resignation.

"Why is this like this?!" the man in the farthest chair of the meeting room asked the reporter in a cold voice.

The reporter did not want to answer, because he did not know what was actually wrong with his report.

"No intention to answer?" The boss, Kim Hanbin said.

The reporter almost felt his feet shiver. "Uh.. sir, I really don't know" he said.

Again, Hanbin banged the table and said "Now, that's the big problem. If you don't know what the problem is, you have to think about it and present it to me next time. And make sure that NEXT time, it will be that something I expected, or even better."

Everyone just listened to him, but actually they all would agree that the presentation was very good. But the rule in the office is "the boss is always right", so whether they like it or not, all of them have no choice but to agree on what Kim Hanbin would say.

Oddly, however, even if Kim Hanbi is the boss and could act tily if he wanted too, normally Hanbin would not act this way.  The staff just assumed that maybe, their boss is facing some difficult situation, which is why he is in a bad mood.

When the meeting was ajourned, Hanbin's face is still frowning. His secretary Park Yesung, who was like his older brother, approached him to ask what is wrong with him.

"Boss, what's the problem? Is the presentation really that bad?" His secretary asked.

"Not really." Hanbin said, this time his face is still frowning but his voice became less cold since its his secretary who was asking him.

"Then... why did you say that earlier to his face? The poor guy must've worked hard on it" secretary Park intended to make such comment in the presence of Hanbin, so that his boss could reflect. Since Yesung felt that, Hanbin is just bothered about something and is not really pertaining to the report as the main reason why he is irritated.

Hanbin as well, got the message and then said "sigh ... tell that guy its approved and that he need not make another one."

"Chinja?! Wow boss! Your the best alright " Secretary Park gave Hanbin the two thumbs up.

"Now go" Hanbin ordered. 

After secretary Park left him alone in the meeting room, Hanbin thought about his manners just earlier. Then, he wanted to slap himself for doing it. 

'Why are you acting like this Hanbin?' He thought to himself. Finally, Hanbin could not take the way he acted and said to himself " This is absurd".

"What is absurd?" Suddenly a man came in the empty meeting room.

Hanbin was taken by surprise and turned to look at the person entering.

"Dad. You came." Hanbin saw his dad smiling at him.

____________________________________________

Hayi and president Lee just arrived at the mansion. Hayi went with her dad, because Madame Lee said she will cook something special for Hayi. 

President Lee went inside first then was followed by Hayi. When they came to the dinning area, both of them saw precious home cooked dishes by the madame herself. 

Both President Lee and Hayi were shocked by it, seldom did Madame Lee bothered to cook this fancy.

"Wow!" Hayi said.

"Well, she sure is amazing." President Lee complimented his wife and Hayi smilingly nodded to her dad.

"Oh are you both here already?" Madame Lee entered the dinning room from the kitchen with another beautiful dish on her hands.

Hayi's eyes were twinkling when she saw the salad.

However, her smiles went away as it was replaced by a stunned expression right after.

Unexpected as it can be, Jackson came out from the kitchen door after Madame Lee with some Chocolate Gelatin in his hands.

"Wha- ??" Hayi was about to ask Jackson what he's doing in her house, but Jackson said his response earlier.

He said, "Hayi-ah, I'm sorry I came. I just wanted to meet your parents." 

Jackson's words made President Lee look at madame Lee, as if indicating 'is this guys serious'

madame Lee likewise just gave her husband an I don't really know expression.

Jackson knew that this was abrupt, but he was hoping that Hayi would not kick him out.

Hayi actually havent shared to her parents the thing about her meeting with Jackson. So, she had no choice but to politely accept Jackson's presence since he's here already.

 However, Hayi still sets off the a cold stare at Jackson. Leaving the gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter