Daddy's Birthday

Domestic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

the words in italics are from the video(s)

“Mm mm mm!” Minhyun exaggerated his jumps with the cute noises he always made. Minho blinked the sleep out of his eyes, groaning from the weight on his stomach and lifted his son off his body, kind of pleased but slightly annoyed at being woken up in that manner.

 

“Yes Minnie, what can I do for you?” He sat up, still carrying his son and placed him on his lap before pecking his forehead. 

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!” Minhyun screamed in his face and continued jumping in his sitting position from Minho’s lap. Minho smiled down at his son who was already looking at somewhere else. Kids were so easily distracted. He pecked Minhyun’s forehead again.

 

“Thank you Minnieee” he pecked Minhyun’s cheek again and the boy giggled, pulling at Minho’s sleeping boxers. He looked to his right and realised Jonghyun wasn’t beside him, “where’s Papa?”

 

Minhyun shot his head up, as if remembering he had to do something and scrambled out of Minho’s lap. “Papa papa papa” he sang, walking over to the bedside table. Minho’s eyes followed his son and realised that the projector from Jonghyun’s room was on the table. Confused, he watched as his son hovered his finger between the red and blue button on the projector. “Red!” He exclaimed before pressing the button and ran out of the room without sparing another glance at Minho. He heard a few whispers and the tiny pitter patter of feet before his son came back to the room and said a cute "oopsy" before slamming the door shut.

 

Minho stared at the closed door in a daze and was contemplating to get up from the bed to follow find his son and husband but the blue screen from being switched to a video.

 

“Okay Minnie-ah sit still” Jonghyun’s voice came from the small speaker set up in front of the wall and Minho instantly felt relaxed. His husband’s voice never failed to make him feel calm. He looked at his son squirming on the sofa in the video, thinking that it would never be possible to make him sit still. Minhyun’s favourite Spiderman toy was suddenly handed to him and the boy’s eyes lit up immediately.

 

“What’s your name?” Minhyun looked up from his toy and into the camera, “Spiderminnie” he mumbled before focusing his attention back to the toy and his hands and Minho’s hand came up to cover his mouth, laughing at his son. There was a cut in the video and Jonghyun asked the question again, to which his son answered “Minhyun-ahhhhh” while shaking his head, extending his neck.

 

“What’s Daddy’s name?” Jonghyun asked and without looking up from his toy, Minhyun answered “Spiderman!” He heard Jonghyun laughing in the background and Minho’s smile grew wider. There were another two cuts in the video to which his son answered “Jongyeon” and “Choi Minno”, causing Minho to laugh out loud.

 

“How old is Daddy?” Minhyun looked to his left which probably where Jonghyun was out of frame, “ummmm, Jongyeon!” he stretched his arm out, looking pleased at himself for answering. “Minnie ahh, that’s Papa’s name!” Jonghyun said while laughing, making Minho laugh as well. “Mmm” his son hummed distractedly, picking up his toy again.

 

“What does Daddy work as?” Minhyun wiggled himself off the sofa, running away on his wobbly legs, ignoring Jonghyun's calls for him. The scene was cut again and Minhyun was back on the sofa with Minho’s old calculator in his hand. Minhyun raised the calculator up, “teacher! Daddy's a teacher!” he shouted happily, making Minho’s heart flutter.

 

“What is Daddy’s favourite colour?” Minhyun smacked his lips, “mmmm” he looked down at his Spiderman toy, “wed and bwue?” Minho shook his head, smiling fondly at his son.

 

“What’s Daddy’s favourite thing to do?” Minhyun looked to the left again, “ummm, play with Papa and Minnie!” he held on to his Spiderman toy and moved it around in the air, making whooshing noises.

 

“What does Daddy do that Minnie doesn’t like?” As soon as the question left Jonghyun’s mouth, Minho rolled his eyes and exhaled sharply, knowing what his son was going to answer. “When Daddy gives kissies and huggies to Papa” Minhyun answered immediately, staring at Jonghyun while answering. He wiggled off the sofa again and walked to where Jonghyun was, and stretched his both hands out, probably holding Jonghyun's arm, feet planted together and leaning backwards. When he finally got Jonghyun to sit down, Minhyun jumped onto him, latching his arms around Jonghyun’s neck and pecked Jonghyun loudly on the lips. “Papa’s mine!” he looked back at the camera as if warning Minho and Jonghyun laughed loudly, extending his neck all the way back. He wrapped his arms around his son and shook him around, making Minhyun giggle. Minho smiled at the video, feeling a certain warmth spread through his body.

 

“Do you love Daddy?” Minho’s heart pounded quickly at the question. He knows his son loves him but what parent doesn’t want their child to actually tell them that? “Yes! I love Daddy! Daddy I love youuuuu” Minhyun sang, jumping off the sofa, ignoring Jonghyun’s scolding and ran to the camera, connecting his lips with the lens. “Muah!” Minho couldn’t help but laugh affectionately at his son’s adorable antics. “I love you too Minnie ah” Minho whispered to himself, feeling so happy.

 

The scene was cut and Minhyun was back on the sofa, looking bored already. “Are we doneeeee?” Minhyun whined and his eyes lighted up, scrambling off the sofa when Jonghyun said yes. “Papa your turn!” He heard Minhyun say cutely and he laughed at Jonghyun’s groans. “Minnie ah, this video was for you-”

 

“No Papa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter