Chapter 2

Not Enough for You

Days and weeks have passed by and eventually a month is almost over. Things between me and Jiyong have gone well so far. He is busy as usual with all his business meetings and also, his business is getting more well known. He even needs to fly out to Japan soon for a meeting with his business partner there. Meanwhile my boutique is growing bigger too and I plan on opening another store here in Seoul. Jiyong has always been supporting me with my work and he even introduced me to couple of famous fashion designers who I can do a collaboration with. My designs finally made it into a big fashion show event held every year in Seoul which is Seoul Fashion Week. I’m so happy that I finally get the chance to see that my designs are going to be showcased to many people.

 

Despite the fact that our career is going better, there is actually something that have been making me feel uneasy for this past few weeks. I have been seeing a lot of that girl’s face lately, the one who went for a business dinner with Jiyong before. Almost every time I decided to pay Jiyong a visit at his office, I will see her inside Jiyong’s office chatting with him. I also spot Jiyong with her two times out of his office and working hours. Even though Jiyong has been telling me that they are just constantly talking about business stuffs, I just can’t help being suspicious at him. Well, don’t blame me. After what I’ve been through in the past, I have every right to feel this way… but for once, I tried not to overthink that and put on a positive thought, who knows it’s just my insecurities that has been haunting my mind.

 

Jiyong didn’t actually lie to me either, he told me everything about their meetings and even the one that is outside of his office. So, I choose to let it slide and focus more on my work to distract me from overthinking about that.

 

 

****

Since I was working nonstop to keep myself distracted, I have finished all my final designs of clothes that will be showcased in the fashion show event. It is usually not hard for me to design clothes since it has been my hobby and passion. But to design couple of clothes in such a short time is quite hard, especially I always focus in every detail which eats up a lot of time. I’m surprised that I could finish the design in one day though, it is truly a miracle. I checked the time and it is still 9.30 pm which is way earlier than the time I usually finished my work. I decided to close the boutique and head home earlier to relax.

 

I was expecting Jiyong to pick me up tonight but that isn’t happening since he texted me that he will be busy tonight. Lately, he has been a lot busier than he used to.

 

After dismissing my workers, I decided to go to the nearest convenience store to buy a pack of tea for me and Jiyong to enjoy later. He's always busy with work and I wanted him to relax a bit. I bought our favorite tea flavor and started walking home. It is already the beginning of winter season now. Light snows started to pour the city. I’m the type of person that can’t really stand cold air that much and the winter air is not helping me at all. Thank God I wear a thicker coat today, or else it will be unbearable.

 

The walk home was kind of enjoyable. I do hate the cold temperature but winter season sure makes the city looks beautiful at night. The moment I got home, I just want to quickly enter my house and feel the warmness from the heater because I can’t really withstand the cold anymore.

 

It is quiet inside the house. Jiyong probably won’t be home until the next few hours. I walked to the kitchen and unpack the tea that I bought, intending to brew a cup of tea for me. I was about to boil the water before thinking of taking a shower while waiting for Jiyong to come home. Then we can have the tea together while sharing stories about our day. I think that it is a great idea so I put the kettle back from the stove to the kitchen counter and head up to our room.

 

 

*****

The next thing that I see really caught me off guard… I opened the bedroom door to find two person making out on our bed and even under this dim light, I know that that person is no other than Jiyong, my very own boyfriend and that girl he called business partner. I feel my legs are glued to the ground and my eyes widened at the scene I’m looking, as if my eyeballs are going to pop out soon. I stood still on the ground, paralyzed. I'm not able to move even an inch of my body and my eyes are still glued at the couple. They are both so drowned into their 'making out' session that they didn’t even realize I was standing there by the door…

 

“Ji….” I the light and managed to say a word, but my voice cracks as tears started to pile up on my eyes, blurring my vision...

 

The couple finally stopped and turned towards me after hearing my voice and I can see on Jiyong’s face that he is shocked to death for being caught red handed…

 

“B-b-Bom?” he stuttered.

 

“Bom, I can explain this! Bom!” he yells my name as I run away from him, from the bedroom and even from the house.

 

I keep on running and running without knowing where to go, I just let my legs brings me wherever they want. As long as it brings me far away from him…

 

Hot tears that have been piling up are now streaming down my cheeks.

 

I can’t believe he betrayed me this way, I can’t believe he cheated on me again, I can’t believe any of this!

 

I screamed inside my head while I keep on running. With each steps I take, I can feel my heart breaks even more and more…

 

My legs brought me to a public park near our neighborhood which me and Jiyong often visit when we have a free time. The pain and the heartbreak have made me forgot about how cold the winter air is. I even forgot to bring my coat as I run away from that house. I can feel that my legs are weary by the time I reached the park, so I decided to sit on a bench and just cried my heart out there…

 

All the past memories with him came back rushing into my mind, hitting me like a truck. I can feel all my emotions are messed up now and I can literally feel my heart breaking. I can’t stop crying. Even if I want to, these tears just keeps on threatening to flow down.

 

 

Not long after that, I feel a warm coat being wrapped around my body. A familiar scent can be smelled by my nose and I immediately know who that person is.

 

“What are you doing here?” I glared at him and intend to throw away his coat.

 

“Please just put on the coat Bommie… I don’t want you to catch a cold… and I wanted to explain everything to you” he said in a guilty tone.

 

“There’s nothing left that you can explain Ji. It’s not the first time you cheated on me” I said bitterly.

 

“Please Bom… just let me explain this…” he pleaded. “She is indeed just a business partner to me at first just like I told you Bom, I really didn’t lie to you that time… but as time flew by, we spent more time talking about business and she is just so friendly and attractive. Our business talks started to turn into normal conversations and even personal stories”

 

"I thought I was only attracted to her as a friend that time, but it turns out to be more than that… and I just can't resist her tonight, I thought you will be home late as usual but you came home earlier... I’m so sorry Bom. You can hit me, punish me as long as you want but please forgive me…” he pleaded, his voice is shaking.

 

“Is it that easy for you to cheat and just beg for forgiveness from me like it is not a big deal?? You ing make out with her Ji!! Imagine what will you do next if I didn’t interrupt your HOT make out session?!” I yelled at him.

 

I managed to take a glance at him, he is looking down and he keeps quiet. Only one word that can describe my feelings right now and the word is ‘hurt’.

 

“When did it start?” I asked.

 

“About a week ago… but I swear we didn’t do anything until tonight Bom… please believe me”

 

“Do you ever think about my feeling for once Ji? Do you ever think of how hard it is for me to learn to believe you again after everything you’ve done?? Do you even consider yourself lucky to be forgiven by me even though you cheated on me?! You started cheating by text messages and now you’re more daring huh? Making out with her on OUR bed” I laughed sarcastically at him.

 

There is a silence between us. None of us utter a single word.

 

 

“I’m sorry Ji, but we’re over now. I’m tired of all your bulls” I finally said.

 

“What?? No!” he looked at me with eyes widened. “You can’t break up with me Bommie please… I promise I will make it up to you, I promise I will not make the same mistakes ever again. Please… I don’t want to lose you” I can see tears started piling up on his eyes.

 

“That is exactly what you said every time you apologizes” I chuckled bitterly. “When exactly are you going to keep your promises? Well yeah, you do for a couple of months then again you will repeat your mistakes”

 

“I am tired of it Jiyong. Do you know how much I have to go through mentally? Do you know how hard it is for me to believe every single words you said?? Because I don’t! Even if I can, I don’t want to anymore… I’m tired of always having suspicions towards you, I’m sorry Ji” I continued.

 

“Bom, baby please… don’t leave me… what can I do to make you stay?” he said, tears flowing down his cheeks.

 

“Nothing Ji… I just really can’t stay anymore. No matter how hard I tried from the beginning until now, I will never be enough for you Ji. You never feel enough of having me in your life only…”

 

“Eventually, you will find someone better than me, prettier than me, someone that is ier than me and you will leave me again… I knew all along that I will never be enough for you, but I never take action for it. For now, I will be taking action. I’m sorry Ji, find someone who will be enough for you and we both know well that that person is not me…” I said as more tears stream down my cheeks.

 

“You are enough for me Bom! I made mistakes… please don’t leave me…” he pleaded.

 

“No, I’m not and your actions proved it. If I’m enough in your life you won’t be cheating or even thinking about another girl. I’m sorry Ji. I will be moving out from that house tomorrow and I’m moving out of your life too…” I stand up from the bench and made my way to his front.

 

“I love you so much Ji…” I wiped his tears slowly from his cheeks. “And I will probably love you until the rest of my life but for now… I can’t be with you anymore. I’m tired Ji, so tired…” I feel another teardrop on my cheek.

 

“Please take care of yourself, don’t skip your meal even though you’re busy… find a girl that can take good care of you and treats you well. And please don’t hurt her like you did to me… Goodbye Jiyong” I quickly give him a peck on his cheek and walked away instantly to prevent him from saying anything else that might change my mind again.

 

I heard him shouting my name couple of times and even begging me not to leave him but my heart just aches so much and I’ve had enough of all this. As much as I wanted to stay, I’m tired of not being able to trust him even more this time…

 

 

I hope you find someone that will completes your life someday… I will probably regret it later for leaving you, but I will regret it more if I keep on hurting myself by staying with you, knowing well that I’m not the one for you… I love you so much Ji, even though you broke me into pieces…

 

---------

This short fanfic is completed for now people! ^^. But i would like to know if you guys wanted a sequel for this story? or maybe you prefer a new fanfiction? Please let me know by commenting down below. I'll be waiting for your response! :D

 

Check out my other fanfic, "We Belong Together Forever" if you haven't. 

Don't forget to comment and subscribe!