Chapter 1

Not Enough for You

The night breeze blows my long brown hair causing it to fly in random directions and slightly covers my face. I try to tuck my hair into my ears but failed as some hair keeps being blown to my face. I wrapped my coat tighter around my body since the wind is sending chills down my spine. The winter season is approaching soon in Seoul which is why the night breeze is so cold. It’s almost midnight when I got back from my work and I have to walk my way back home alone since I couldn’t find any cab at this late hour.

 

To me, it is very late now but this city says otherwise, Seoul is well known for its nightlife. For people living in this city and enjoys its nightlife, the night is just starting. The sound of expensive car’s engine can be heard roaring from the distance, probably those rich people who are going to spend their money in some clubs. There are still many people walking in the pavement, most of them are couples who enjoyed their night walk. Come to think of it, I haven’t talked nor hear from him today. He was supposed to pick me up tonight but it seems that he is very busy. I immediately take out my phone from my coat pocket to check if he finally leaves me a message but I got nothing. I should probably call him once I get home.

 

But speaking of the devil, as I passed a quite fancy restaurant at the corner of the street, I spot a quite familiar white car. As I got closer, I get to see the car’s plate number clearly. I stood still when I recognize whose car it is…

 

What is he doing here…?

 

I got the answer right away though, a minute later he walked out of the restaurant dressed in a very neat tuxedo with a girl, who wears a long elegant formal dress, following behind him. He opened the passenger door once they reached his car and flashed her a very gentle smile, the one that I always love. The girl entered the car and he closes the door before joining her in the driver seat. Then he drove away from the restaurant. They didn’t seem to notice my presence there even though I stand not quite far from them…

 

I’m actually used to seeing these kind of things since it happened before. But I always keep a positive thought as that girl might be one of his assistants or his business related friend. And maybe he flashed those gentle smile just to be nice towards her, to set a good image about him. I know I sound stupid, but it’s not bad to think positive for once.

 

I stood there for a good five minutes, his car is already nowhere to be seen. God knows where he is driving her to. I continued my walk back home which seems further than it usually does. Probably because of the cold that slows me down…

 

The sound of my boots can be heard as I approached my neighborhood. The night seems to be very silent tonight. Not the creepy kind of silence but the calm and soothing kind of silence. It is quite pleasant neighborhood and the security is pretty good. There hasn’t been any crime reported in our neighborhood for the past few years. A few minutes later, I finally reached my house. I quickly take out my keys from my bag and unlock the door. Finally, I’m able to escape the cold winter wind.

Once again, I was greeted by the silence of the house. He was supposed to be home by now but remembering what I saw, he would probably be home later than I am. Oh, and yes we do live together in this house. He purposely bought this house for us when I told him I was going back to Seoul for good. I’m originally born and raised in Korea but later I moved to the US as an exchange student. That is where I met him, Kwon Jiyong, my current boyfriend. He was an exchange student as well in my college and we both somehow clicked since we are the only Koreans there. We get closer and eventually he asked me to become his girlfriend. We dated for about 4 years now since college. When we graduated from college, he went back to Korea since he has to run his father’s business. While I on the other hand, stayed there for two years to pursue my dream of becoming a fashion designer. We somehow managed to went through our long distance relationship and both of us eventually made it in our career. He became a successful businessman as he is now while I became a fashion designer and managed to open my own boutique. After two years I finally decided to open a branch in Seoul and decided to focus on that branch. I finally left US to come back to Seoul for good, leaving my boutique there in good hands of my sister. That is when we finally started living together.

 

I went straight to our bedroom and take a good warm shower after putting my bag and remove my make up. By the time I finished showering, it is already 1 am. It has been a habit for me to come home late and sleeps very late since it gets busier lately in the boutique. I popped my head out of the bedroom door to hear if there is a sign of him but there’s nothing but silence. I pout at the idea of him not coming home yet. I went back to the bathroom to dry my hair with the towel. After that I decided to put on his sweater since it’s a bit cold and his sweater is just big and warm for me.

 

Not long after that, I heard the sound of the front door being unlocked which means he is back. I immediately broke into a smile and rush out of the bedroom, eager to see him.

 

“Bommie?? I’m home” I heard him calling me.

 

“Hello Ji” I said while walking down the stairs.

 

He walks towards me and I can see that he still wears the same tuxedo I saw him wearing before.

 

“Why are you still up baby? It’s late now” he pulls me into a hug and gives me a peck on my forehead.

 

I inhaled his masculine scent which I loves so much. I could literally snuggle my head into the crook of his neck and just stay there inhaling his scent all day.

 

“I just got home an hour ago and I’ve just washed up. Why are you coming back late? And why didn’t you call me today?” I pout.

 

“Don’t pout baby. I was very busy with work today, there are lots of meeting to attend with such short breaks. And I just got home from a dinner with my business partner” he said

 

I didn’t really think he would tell me the truth though…

 

“Is it a girl or boy?” I try to put on a suspicious look on him which caused him to chuckle.

 

“It is a girl baby, but trust me she is just a business partner. It was an arranged dinner to talk about our partnership, she is one of my investors too” he said as he gives me a peck on my lips.

 

“You believe me right Bommie?” he said again, while looking at me.

 

“Yeah I believe you Ji” I smiled at him.

 

As much as I want to admit that I don’t really believe him, I decided to keep a positive thought about it. Something inside my heart just tells me that there is something more…

 

“Why don’t you go wash up Ji, it’s late now. You must have been tired” I said while ushering him into our bedroom.

 

Later that night, we used a little time to talk about our days like how we usually do every night. Despite how tired we are, this is the little thing that we would never forget to do. He told me that his schedule was hectic today and that he didn’t get any time to rest as he needs to immediately attend another meeting after one meeting is done. He also apologizes that he didn’t contact me the whole day. He also told me about the dinner and how that girl is interested to invest more into his business. He also told me some other things like how his personal assistant, Seungri, was very tired at the end of his schedules that he just simply dozes off on the office couch. I also told him about how the boutique has been crowded recently and I’m really tired of getting back home late everyday. It seems that having Dara and two other workers in my boutique is not enough nowadays, I might need to hire more workers soon. We talked and talked until Jiyong falls asleep first.

 

He must have been very tired… you looked more like a zombie nowadays

 

I stare at his face and slightly caress his cheek, as light as possible so I won’t wake him up again. He could really use a good sleep now. Suddenly, the memory of seeing him with that girl appeared again in my mind as well as a couple of bad memories before… this is quite my habit that when I think of something that makes me feel uneasy, bad memories from the past that are related to it tend to come back again all at once.

 

Memories of him cheating on me hits me again. Yes, he did cheat on me couple of times back then. I still remember everything about it, every single detail and even I can still feel the pain I felt back then whenever I recall those memories. He did change his bad habit for me but it only last for a couple of months before he falls into his mistake again… even though it’s just small mistakes, I can’t stop overthinking about it. I don’t know if I’m being stupid or is it because I love him so much that I keeps on forgiving him even though I’m really mad at him…

 

My friends have been insisting me to break up with him. But even though he cheated on me, even though he hurt me, even though he lied to me couple of times, I just couldn’t find the strength to leave him… Maybe I’m too in love with him? Maybe I’m used to being with him after all these years together? Or maybe I’m scared at the idea of losing him? I don’t know which reason is right to me anymore…

 

Aigoo, what to do with you Ji… I thought as I watch his sleeping face which looks so peaceful.

 

Unknowingly, a tear managed to escape my eye. I quickly shake off the memories before it drowns me more into it. I snuggle my head closer to the crook of his neck and inhale his scent once more before drifting off to sleep.

 

All I can do now is wish that history does not repeat itself again…