Chap 16

The Good, The Bad and The Undead

Chanmi sighed as she stared at Minseok, who was currently checking himself in the mirror. She didn't sigh because Minseok looked ugly or anything; it was quite the opposite. Instead, Minseok looked very stylish and handsome in the suit he was wearing, and it made her fear that he might accidentally catch someone’s eye at the party. She didn’t want that to happen and had begged and begged Minseok to take her along, but Minseok had rejected her request.

“Channie, let’s go. I’ll take you home before going to the party,” Minseok said as he fixed his bowtie.

“Oppa, can I wait for you until you come back from the party?”

“But I could be late, and I don’t want you to go home at midnight. It’s too dangerous.”

Chanmi couldn’t stop herself from grinning at that. She liked it when Minseok showed that he cared about her wellbeing despite the fact that she was a witch and could protect herself.

“Then I’ll just spend the night here. Just like old times. Are you okay with that, Oppa?”

“Yeah... sure,” Minseok replied awkwardly. He shouldn’t have agreed, but he could never said no to Chanmi. It wasn’t because he didn’t like Chanmi staying overnight. It was just that the one piece pyjamas that she wore to sleep showed her thighs, and they… affected him greatly.

“Thank you, Oppa.” Chanmi grinned in delight.

“You’re welcome. I should get going now. Kristina is waiting for me.”

The smile on Chanmi died down upon hearing the name of the person whom she disliked the most.

“Y-you are going to party with Kristina-ssi?”

“Yes. Didn’t I mention that to you?” Minseok furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as he tried recall whether he had informed Chanmi that he was going to party with Kristina.

Had they been in another situation, Chanmi would have squealed at the sight of Minseok’s confused face, because he looked so cute. However, she felt angry at Minseok for not informing her about going to the party with Kristina. She abruptly got up from the sofa.

“You’re a jerk, Oppa!” she yelled before running toward the guest room and loudly slamming the door.

Minseok could only stand there dumbfounded while wondering what had just happened.

 


 

“Jie, come out! How much longer do you need to take to get ready? Minseok-ge is going to be here any minute.” Yixin knocked furiously on the locked door of the Kristina’s bedroom

“Just give me another minute!” Kristina yelled from the other side of the door.

“You’ve been saying that for the past hour. You better come out now before I use my key to open the door.”

“For god’s sake. Can’t you be more patient?”

Yixin was about to argue back, but her words were cut off midway when the door opened. Her jaw almost dropped to ground when Kristina stepped out of her room. The blue gown she was wearing was gorgeous and suited her so perfectly. It brought out her milky, pale skin, making her seem more beautiful than before. No wonder men constantly threw themselves to Kristina.

“Why are you staring at me like I’m a piece meat?” Kristina asked while using her arms to cover her chest.

Yixin rolled her eyes. “I’m staring at you because you look stunning right now, and I’m not the type to give out compliments that easily, so you better thank me for that.”

Kristina stick out her tongue at her best friend. “Whatever. I should get down now. Minseok will be here any minute now.”

“What? You’re just going like this?” Yixin asked in disbelief. Kristina indeed looked beautiful, but she was about to attend high class party. She should at least wear makeup and do her hair.

“What’s the problem? It is not like I’m going there , am I?”

Yixin counted to three as she took a deep breath.

“At least do your hair and put some makeup on your pale face.”

“What? Are you crazy? You know very well that I don’t like wearing makeup. About the hair…”

Kristina’s words were cut off when Yixin dragged her back to her room. Yixin roughly pushed Kristina to sit in front her dressing table.

“Yah! What are you trying to do?”

“I’m going to do your hair and makeup,” Yixin replied. She decided that she wasn’t going to wasting her energy to argue with Kristina. She leaned forward to grab Kristina’s makeup kit. It was Kristina’s birthday gift from her last year, but it turned out that Kristina never used it at all.

“But…”

Kristina’s words got stuck to her tongue when she saw the glare coming from her best friend. Yixin might look sweet and kind all the times, but she was the kind of the person that you might want to think twice before offending.

“Good girl.” Yixin patted Kristina’s head. Kristina frowned, unhappy being treated like a kid.

“Now let us get started,” Yixin continued as she grinning evilly.

Kristina shuddered upon seeing Yixin’s evil grin. It made her scared of what Yixin was going to do her, and she couldn’t run away,  because she knew Yixin would catch her again. The only thing she could do now was sit here while hoping that Yixin wouldn’t make her look like a cake.

 


 

Minseok frowned a little as he glanced at his watch. He’d been standing there for ten minutes, but no one was opening the door. He pressed the doorbell again, but there was no result. He frowned deeper. There was no way that Kristina had forgotten that the party was today, because he had sent a message to her this morning to remind her.

He decided to call her first before making wild assumptions. He was about to take out his communication device when the door suddenly opened. His eyes widened when Kristina stepped out of her house.

It was very shocking to him, since it never occurred to him that Kristina could look so pretty. Although her face was covered by the mask, he could see that there was hints of makeup on Kristina’s face while her long, blonde hair was side swept and curly, bringing out her beauty.

“Ge, close your mouth if you don’t want to catch flies,” Kristina teased after she saw Minseok’s dumbfounded expression.

“I-I’m sorry. I was taken aback a little because you look very beautiful tonight.”

Kristina giggled. “Well, thank you for your compliment, but you should watch your words. I don’t want to accidentally anger Chanmi-ssi.”

A small sigh escaped from Minseok’s lips at the mention of Chanmi’s name. He couldn’t understand what he had done wrong. Still, he had sent an apology message to Chanmi because he didn’t like it when she was mad at him, but she never replied to his message.

“What is wrong, Ge?” Kristina asked after she saw Minseok's expression turn sad.

“Chanmi suddenly got mad at me after I told her that I’m going with you to the party, and I don't understand why.”

Kristina clicked her tongue in annoyance. When was Minseok going stop being a coward and confess his feeling for Chanmi? She hated the tension stuck in between them, especially when Kristina didn’t even have feelings for Minseok. Looks like she needed to do something about this matter.

“You’re seriously very stupid, Ge.”

“Hey! Why am I stupid?”

But Minseok didn’t get a reply, since Kristina was already walking toward the gate, leaving him standing at the porch.

“Wait up!”

 


 

The banquet hall was crowded with demons of all kinds, wearing formal clothes with their faces covered by masks. Classical music played, mixing with chatters that could be heard everywhere.

Kristina felt a little out of place. It wasn’t because this was her first time attending a party, but it was because they were the only witches at this party. Not only that, but she could felt most of the male demons eyes on her from the moment she stepped inside. They were either staring at her because she was a witch or because of how she looked tonight. She hoped it was the first case because she didn’t want to deal with their flirting tonight.

She scanned the place, and her eyes brightened up when she saw the long table that filled with food under the chandelier. She felt watering upon seeing all the dishes. Most of the dishes were her favourite foods! She was about to walk toward the table when Minseok suddenly grabbed her arm.

“Ge? Why are you stopping me?”

Minseok frowned. He saw how a group of male demons at the back had been eyeing Kristina like a piece of meat, and he didn't want her to wander off alone. He wasn’t jealous or anything, since his heart clearly belonged to Chanmi, but Kristina was just like his little sister, so he needed to protect her tonight.

“Listen, Kristina,” Minseok said, bringing Kristina to the corner. “I want you stick with me all the times.”

“Eh? Why?”

“You do realize that demons have been eyeing you since you stepped inside this hall?”

“I do. That's not a reason to stop me. Do you how hungry I am right now?”

“Please listen to me, okay? I’m scared that they may have ill intentions toward you.”

Kristina patted Minseok’s shoulder. “I understand your concern, Ge, but I can protect myself.”

It wasn’t that she was arrogant or anything, but she didn’t think that she would lose in a fight with demons no matter how many there were or how strong they were. Not only that… she shuddered a little when she recalled the events of that night. It was still fresh in her mind how Suho mercilessly killed one his own kind simply because that demon had hurt her. If any of this got to Suho’s attention, she didn’t know how would he would react to it.

Minseok let out a frustrated sigh. Did she know that she was in dangerous situation right now?

“Look, you’re under my care right now. I need to make sure nothing bad…”

Minseok’s words were cut off when the host announced the arriving of the demon lord. As soon as the host had finished talking, all the demons immediately stopped their chattering and scrambled toward the door to greet their lord. He did the same; although he didn’t feel like greeting their enemy, he didn’t want the demons to think that he was disrespectful.

He was slightly taken aback when the demon lord stepped inside with his companion followed closely behind him. They were more good looking from the pictures that he had seen months ago. Instead of wearing suits, they were wearing black uniforms, making them look like princes, which kind of explained why most of the female demons squealed in delight.

He then realize that the demon lord was scanning the crowds and looked somewhat disappointed. Minseok just shrugged it off, since it didn’t relate to him. He turned around and became worried when he realized that Kristina wasn’t with him.

He look around the hall and he let out sigh of relief when he spotted her standing in front of the table. He shook his head amusedly when he saw Kristina trying every dish on the table. There were only two things Kristina wasn’t able say no to: cute stuff and foods. He started walking towards Kristina.

“Do I know how worry you made me when I saw you disappeared?”

He grimaced a little when Kristina turned to facing him while slurping a noodle. Her image right now didn’t suit her beautiful appearance at all.

“I already told you that I was hungry,” Kristina argued back.

Yes, this was part of the reason that she was here instead with Minseok greeting the demon lord. The other part of the reason was that her tall figure would make her easily spotted by that erted demon lord. She was planning to been unseen by him for the whole night. So what if she had brought gift for him? It wasn't like she was going to give it to him by hand. She would just sneak into his room and leave it there.

“Did you listen to anything I just said?” Minseok said while frowning.

Oops! Kristina thought. She was about to apologize when she felt her stomach ach painfully. “Ge, please hold this for me. I need to go to the washroom,” she said as she handed the plate to Minseok.

“See, th—”

Minseok wasn’t able to finish his words, because Kristina had already run out from the hall. A small sigh escaped his lips. He started to regret his decision to bring Kristina with him.

 


 

Kristina frowned as she walked down the hallway. Since she was already out here, why not take this chance to sneak into that ert demon lord’s room? But she never thought that a mansion could be so big that it would be impossible to find the master bedroom. But she wasn’t going to waste her time by checking every room in this mansion. Not only that, but she had forgotten which way the banquet hall was. She stopped her steps abruptly when that feeling hit her.

, he’s coming this way!

She wanted to run and hide to avoid being seen by him, but, thanks to her long gown and high heels, she couldn’t be fast. She mentally cursed and even considered taking off her shoes so she could run faster, but she was too late; the guards spotted her and asked her to stop. She quickly turned around so that they wouldn’t able to see her face.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” a guard asked rudely.

Kristina clenched her fist as she tried to claim her anger.

“Be nice to a lady.”

Kristina wanted to scoff upon hearing his voice. Stop pretending to be so nice!

“I’m sorry, my Lord,” the guard replied. He turned to face Kristina again. “Miss, can you answer my question?” The guard’s voice had softened a little.

“I just came from washroom and lost my way to the banquet hall.”

“The banquet hall is that way,” the guard said as he pointed his finger to right side.

“Thank you, mister. I’ll go back to the hall.”

Kristina was about to leave, but once again she was stopped. This time it wasn’t the guard. Instead, it was Suho.

What this jerk want now?

“This is very weird. Not once did you turn around to face me. Usually most girls are very eager to meet me.”

Oh my freaking god. How arrogant can this jerk be? He really thought all people would throw themselves at his feet?

“Now that you mention it, my Lord, it is indeed very weird that she never turned around to face us. Maybe she stole something and doesn’t want us to see it.”

Kristina scoffed after she heard the guard’s accusation. What could this place have that I would want to steal? This big statue of your lord or this big picture of your lord?

“Miss, if you don’t mind, can you turn around? We only want to make sure.”

Kristina sighed. It seemed like she didn’t have any choice. She could just run away, but she was with Minseok and couldn’t abandon him here. Besides, there was a chance that Suho wouldn’t recognize her, since she was wearing a mask. She took a breath before turning her body. However, she either turned too fast or didn’t have luck on her side, because her high heel stumbled on the carpet, and as result, she lost her footing.

A loud thud echoed through the hall.

Kristina’s eyes widened when her eyes met with Suho’s. Oh god, why did she have fall onto this ert. What was worse, this erted dared to smirk and tighten his arms around her waist.

“Look like an angel just fell into my arms.”

 

Beta-ed by rmzcharizard


Pictures for this chapter:

Kristina's gown, shoes & mask

Suho's image