Chap 11

The Good, The Bad and The Undead

Kristina was stunned by that question. This was weird. She couldn’t understand why this demon asked her out instead taking the money. If this demon wanted her to pay for the dinner, she didn’t think a dinner would cost that much.

“I’m not going to force you if your answer is no.”

She would have said no, since she didn’t like to go out with men. Even her male colleagues were having a hard time asking her out only for a drink. However, she was curious about this demon. She wanted to know who this demon really was, and if a simple dinner could give her the answer, she definitely would take the chance.

“Fine, but we’ll eat at a restaurant chosen by me.”

Since there was no doubt that she would be the one who was paying for the dinner, she’d better choose a restaurant that she could afford.

The smirk on Tao’s lips grew bigger. “It is fine with me. Can we go now?”

“Sure.”

Kristina started walking without even waiting for the demon to follow her.

Tao chuckled. He did feel bad for taking advantage of this situation, since he wasn’t that kind of demon. However, when he saw that there was an opportunity for him to spend more time with Kristina, he quickly took it. He hoped this dinner would make him a bit closer to Kristina.

 


 

Kristina tapped her finger on the table as she watched Tao eat. There was a small frown on her lips. She tried to read Tao’s feelings, and once again, all she felt was blankness no matter how hard she tried.

She knew that there was no way that a person could have a blank feeling, and this made her wonder how Tao made his feelings blank. Unless… she knew that there was a spell that could block her from reading the user’s feeling. But if he really used that spell, it meant that he knew her empath power, and how would he know that when she’d never even told others about it?

“Am I that handsome that you can’t stop staring at me?” Tao grinned teasingly.

Kristina scoffed. “Don’t misunderstand. The reason I stare at you is that I was waiting for you to finish your dinner so that you can finally tell me who you are.”

“Wow, you’re very eager to get to know me.”

Kristina angrily slammed the table. Tao’s behavior was starting to irritate her. “Are you going to tell me or what?”

“Calm down, Kristina. I was about to, but you interrupted me.”

Kristina glared at Tao, but Tao ignored it. He took a sip from his cup of tea then put down the cup.

“My name is Huang Zitao. I’m a time control demon.”

A time control demon? He can control time? Kristina thought as she stared at Tao in disbelief.

“Yes, I indeed can control time, and no, I can’t read your mind. Your expression shows what you’re thinking right now.”

Damn, am I that obvious?

Tao flicked his finger, and all customers inside the restaurant stopped their movements, and the grandfather clock stopped ticking.

“I can make time stop. I also can make time move again.”

Tao flicked his finger again, and the customers continued their conversations like nothing had happened while the hands of the grandfather clock started moving again.

Kristina had heard about the people who could control the time before, but she’d never gotten chance to see it with her own eyes. She thought it was quite fascinating, but she wasn’t going to say that aloud to Tao.

“I use my power to get the information that my customers need. Either I rewind or fast forward until I get it. Any more questions, Kristina?”

“Are you using the same tactic to get my personal information, too?”

Chuckling, Tao answered, “Of course not. We’ve met before. You just can’t remember it. Well, I can’t blame you, since it was long ago.”

Again, Kristina was shocked by Tao’s answer. Did this mean that the day they bumped into each other wasn’t their first meeting? She also had a very good memory, and no matter how hard she tried, she was unable to recall it.

“When did we met?” Kristina decided to ask straight away rather than wasting her energy.

“You have to go on another dinner date with me if you want to know more.” Tao’s lips formed into smirk.

Kristina frowned upon hearing that request.

“If I didn’t know any better, I would think that you’re trying to take advantage.”

Tao shrugged. “Maybe, maybe not. It depends how you interpret it.”

“If that’s the case, I’ll have to say no this time.” Kristina got up from the chair and leaned closer to Tao. “You aren’t the only one who knows how to search for information that’s requested by your customers.”

The smirk on Tao’s lips grew bigger. “Oh, really?”

“Don’t underestimate me, Mr. Huang.”

Kristina was about to walk toward the entrance when Tao’s voice stopped her.

“If you ever change your mind, you know where to find me.”

She ignored it and continued her steps to the entrance. Yes, she admitted that she was still curious about Tao, since Tao only gave her a very brief description about himself, and she also wanted to know when they first actually met. However, to go out on another dinner date with him... she didn’t think she’d be able to do that a second time. She’d just find another way to get that information.

 


 

Kai rolled his body to face the wall with his eyes closed. He let out a small groan before opening his eyes again. He should have been resting now so his body could heal property, but he couldn’t. Every time he closed his eyes, Yixin’s face would appear. This had started a few days after he’d last seen her.

He was a bit confused and lost. He’d never felt like this before with his ex-girlfriends. Why did he only face this kind of situation after meeting Yixin? Was she that special in comparison to his other girlfriends?

He kicked the blanket off his body and got up from the bed. He went to the wardrobe and changed out of his pajamas. He hoped that he wouldn’t bump into his brother and Kyungsoo; they surely would force him to rest and would not allow him to go out. He couldn’t have that. He needed to go out to get some fresh air to clean his mind.

 


 

Kai sighed as he stared at the clinic in front of him. His feet automatically took him to Yixin’s clinic. He didn’t know what he should do now. Should he go inside or pretend that he’d never come here and leave?

His eyes widened slightly, and he quickly hid behind the bushes beside the walkway. He felt so pathetic right now while mentally cursing at himself for hiding simply because he had seen Yixin step out from the clinic.

Once again, Kai was taken aback by Yixin’s beauty despite the fact that Yixin was only in a blue loose t-shirt and track suit. She didn’t even wear any makeup, but she still look so breathtaking. However, he was a bit disappointed, since Yixin had tied her long black hair into high ponytail.

I’m so pathetic, he thought as he came out from his hiding place and started following Yixin from behind. This wasn’t what he’d been planning on doing in the first place, but he still couldn’t stop himself from following like a puppy trailing his master.

He was curious as to where Yixin was going. Was she going back home now? But she was holding a basket, so could it be that she was going to the market to buy ingredients for dinner? Was she a good cook? That made him wonder whether he had the chance to taste Yixin’s cooking.

He quickly scolded himself. Why should he care about that? It didn’t relate to him in the first place.

“Boo!”

Kai jumped.

“I caught you!” Yixin cheerfully said.

Damn it! I was too caught up in my thoughts! How am I going to explain myself?

“I’m very sorry… you see… I was…”

“Have your wounds healed?”

“Huh? What?”

“I’m asking if your wounds have healed?”

“It doesn’t hurt that much anymore, and I want to thank you for that… which is the reason I was following you… so yeah…” Kai rubbed his neck awkwardly.

“It’s okay. I’m not mad at you.”

What? She’s not mad at me? Why?

“I trust you.”

Kai was shocked after hearing Yixin’s words. They were only meeting for the second time, so why would Yixin trust him? Not only that, but he was a demon, and Yixin was a witch. It was quite common for witches not to believe their kind.

He wanted to ask, but instead of asking that question, he asked, “So where are you going?”

I’m indeed a very pathetic demon.

“I’m going to the forest to pick herbs for my potion.”

“And you are going alone?”

“Yes, I am.”

“I’ll not allow that!” Kai suddenly yelled.

Yixin was a slightly taken aback by Kai’s sudden outburst.

“Ehh? Why?”

A blush slowly crept onto his cheek after he realized what he had said.

“You see… I think it’ll be too dangerous for a girl to go inside in the forest.” Kai scratch his cheek.

He’s worried about me? How cute.

“I’ll be fine. I’ve been doing this for years, and nothing’s had ever happened to me,” Yixin explained.

Kai couldn’t understand why he would react like this, but just the thought Yixin going inside the forest alone made him worry.

“Then let me come with you. I don’t have anything to do after all, and you can’t predict what’ll happen inside the forest. What I mean is…”

“Okay, you can come with me.”

Kai’s eyes widened. “Really?”

Yixin giggled after seeing Kai’s expression. “Yes.”

“You still let me come with you even though you know who I am?”

“I already said before, didn’t I? I trust you.”

“Can… we go now… before it gets dark?” Kai stuttered a little.

“Sure. Let’s go.”

Yixin offered a small smile to Kai.

Kai could feel his heart beating wildly inside his chest when he saw the smile on Yixin’s face. It made him think that he had made the correct decision in following Yixin to forest. However, the thought of spending time with Yixin made him happy.

Okay, Kai. Snap out of it! Kai slapped both of his cheeks.

“Why are you still standing there? Aren’t you the one who said that we should go now?”

“I’m… coming...”

 


 

Kai sat down underneath the tree as he watched Yixin pick herbs. A small sigh escaped from his lips. Yixin looked angelic when the sunlight shined on her.

“Are you bored?”

Kai snapped out from his reverie.

“Huh?”

Chuckling, Yixin said, “This is the second time that happened. Please stop making me repeat my questions.”

“I’m sorry. So what did you ask?.”

“I was asking if you’re bored, since you keep sighing.”

Kai quickly waved his hand. “Not at all. I’m not bored. I was just thinking about something else.” Kai lied, since he couldn’t outright tell Yixin that she was the reason why he was sighing.

“I’m glad to hear that. I thought you got bored from sitting there doing nothing.”

“I don’t mind it, Yixin-ssi.”

“You don’t have to be so formal with me. Just call me Yixin.”

“Ermm… how old are you?” Kai’s fingers fidgeted with each other.

What a smooth way of asking her age.

“I’m one hundred thirty five years old. Why are you asking?”

“What? You’re older than me!?”

“Is there a problem with me being older than you?”

What the hell wrong with me? Why do I keep screwing up today? And she’s right. What does her being older than me have to do with me?

“Not at all… Noona… I was little shocked.”

Yixin raised her eyebrows. “Noona?”

“Well… since you’re older than me... it’ll be more polite for me to call you ‘Noona’. But, if you don’t like…”

“It’s fine with me. You can call me ‘Noona’.”

“O-okay… ermm… Noona, you sure you don’t want my help?”

“Do you even know how to pick the herbs?” Yixin plucked the herbs in front of her.

“No,” Kai said with a slightly disappointed tone.

“Do sit there. Although your wound may have healed, I still don’t want to risk anything.”

“But….”

“Just do that, okay? I’ll feel really bad if your wound reopens again from of helping me,” Yixin said. Her lips curled into small smile.

“O-okay… Noona.”

The smile on Yixin’s lips grew bigger. Her job as a healer allowed her to meet different kinds of people, but she had never met a male demon as cute as Kai.

I’m definitely going to have fun with this one.

 

Beta-ed by rmzcharizard


Author's note: Since there are some of you miss Kaixing, here it is the Kaixing moment. 

Krisho's moment coming on the next chapter.