// vision

technicolour

It all happened so quickly. Reds, blues, pinks and greens suddenly engulfed my world and I was left in awe at how one simple touch could change my world so quickly.

I heard an awkward cough from the side of me and realised that I had been staring at the handsome stranger with an open mouth for a while. I soon recovered, swallowed harshly and rushed to the exit, trying not to ricochet against any of the customers that I hadn’t noticed arriving during my technicolour moment. I pushed the heavy door open and began my journey home.

I couldn’t believe it. My world was slowly turning back to the dull tones of black, white and grey.

Was it him? Was he the source of colour? Is he MY Technicolor?

A thousand questions whizzed around my head as I turned the corner onto my road. Bursting through the front door, I run upstairs before my parents can try to initiate me in awkward small talk. Closing my bedroom door, I put my drink and, now crumbled, biscuit on my desk before flopping back onto my bed.

Why did it have to happen with him? I don’t even know who he is. My only chance at a colourful world, and I’ll never see my technicolour stranger again. Conflicted and confused I don’t bother getting changed before crawling under my duvet and spending the next few hours going over the same questions in my head.

Oh technicolour stranger, please don’t disappear…