Prologue: She's Gone

Replacements

“Hyung, it’s time to go for practice.” Mir softly placed his hand onto Seungho’s arm. Not getting any response, Mir sighed and gently tapped Seungho. “Hyung...”

Seungho jerked his arm away without a word.

Knowing beforehand that this was the reaction he was going to get, Mir sighed once more before going out the room. Outside, the other guys were waiting for Seungho.

“So?” Joon asked expectantly.

Mir just shook his head.

“I’ll try.” G.O stood up from his seat. Upon entering Seungho’s room, a shocking sight met him.

It had been only been a few days since G.O had last seen his friend, but the change in Seungho was incredible. His hair was all over the place, his dark eye rings were worse than ever... but the most shocking thing to G.O was how pale Seungho was. He barely looked normal.

“Seungho...” G.O started as he walked closer to his friend who was seated facing the window.

“Go away.”

The voice declared that its owner had given up on happiness, on the world, on life in general. It was cold. Emotionless. Tired.

“Seungho,” G.O began again.

“I said, go away.”

“And I’m saying no.” G.O said firmly. “How long are you going to live like this? This isn’t solving anything, Seungho.”

“I don’t care.” Another curt reply.

“You might not, but don’t you care about how we feel?” Slowly losing his patience, G.O narrowed his eyes as he continued, “Do you know how worried Chulyong is? He won’t stop asking me to check up on you. Changsun says that Chulyong can’t fall asleep each night, and when he finally does, he won’t stop repeating your name. Will you please just wake up from this daze? If not for the team, at least for Chulyong?”

“You don’t understand, Byunghee.”

“No, I don’t, but—”

Seungho suddenly stood up and turned to face G.O, cutting G.O short. “You don’t understand!” he shouted. “None of you do!”

G.O stared as his desperate friend gradually looked away with a glazed look in his widened eyes. “Nobody understands...” Seungho whispered.

He sat back down and put his head in his hands. “She’s gone, Byunghee. She’s gone.” Seungho sobbed. “She’s gone, and she’ll never return again.”