Faking it & Loving it - Review

ELYSIAN REVIEWS

Story Title: Faking it & Loving it

Author: TixaFofi

Status: Completed (9 chapters)

 

Description:

Chanyeol and Baekhyun are best friends and they're studying abroad together in America. In Korea skinship between two guys is completely normal, but in America they're often misunderstood as a gay couple. The boys decide to go with it and keep feeding that lie in order to be popular in their new college.

 

Review:

Description and Foreword: 4/5

The overall idea of the story seems very interesting and has a lot of potential. The description itself is simple and straight-to-the-point which is a bonus as well as it doesn't use any overally complicated storyline. However, I feel like it could use something extra to act as a hook in order to draw readers into the story more. Other than that, its a great description to the story! I especially liked how you provided gifs of the main character and personalised the foreword. 

 

Grammar and Punctuation: 4/5

There are a few small grammar errors here and there but it doesn't distract you from the overall enjoyment of the story. The main grammatical error that is made is the wrong subject-verb agreement, but i'm sure thats mainly because you wrote the story quickly. I'd recommend you to re-read your story and correct some of the more basic grammatical mistakes and typos. 

 

Character Development: 3/5

The overall character development is quite minimal compared to longer stories since it is 9 chapters long. However, it was interesting to see how you developed the romance between Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Though some bits left more confused, for example, why did Baekhyun say he couldn't accept Chanyeol's feelings if he had loved him since they were young etc. I'd recommend you to provide further detail and explanation or possible write a chapter in Baekhyun's POV to explain why he acted this way. 

 

Story Plot: 3/5

The overall plot, like previously stated, was extremely interesting and I was curious as to how you would unravel the events that led to their actual relationship. I felt the pacing of the story was a bit too quick, especially in the final chapters as there wasn't much explanation or detailed description. Overall, the story was still very memorable. 

 

Writing Style: 4/5

The style of the story is great in general. I had to deduct a mark purely because its a pet peeve of mine to read stories written in present tense since I'm used to reading everything in past tense. Other than that it is a wonderful read.

 

Enjoyment: 4/5

I don't normally read boyxboy stories but this was quite a nice read. There was minimal drama in the story and the characters were relatable in the sense of struggling with your uality etc. I would recommend this story since its a quick read and the story itself has a lot of potential. 

 

Total: 22/30