Chapter 1 - Different Start

Foolish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I had high expectations for your daughter Mrs Jung, but these days, her grades are dropping. If she starts off the year like that, she won't finish this year."

"I will make sure she doesn't drop. I'm sorry."

"These people really... I mean, if she can't bear it, she should give up her place here.  It's too renowned for students like this."

"Mr Kang... You... you know my Haneul is very nice, she works so hard, she's really tired because of her part time jobs, she'll do better next semester. But she adores this school."

"Mrs Jung, your daughter sleeps so well in class, such a pity we don't study inactivity in this high school!You should take care of her." Mr Kang sighs "They are so many teenagers who dream to study with our teachers. She should be thankful to have a scholarship."

 

After this, my mom stood up and walked out the room. She remained silent until the dinner. My weariness causes me so much trouble. I was on the top before I started my part time jobs. With my mother illness, I couldn't let her work much. But I thought she'd be proud if I study at the best high school of Seoul, instead I make her feel so tired. I feel so sorry towards her. Since my step dad left us with his debts, my mom, my half-brother Hansol and I are having so much hard times.

 

Three days later

Aahh! My alarm didn't ring! Oh my goodness, I didn't want to cause more trouble since my mom met Mr Kang. I need to quickly dress up, I can't even take my shower, and my hair is messy, my uniform isn't iron, my backpack is half opened, and on top of everything, I'm going to miss my bus! Damn! I have to wait for the next bus... I don't want to be punished because I'm late arh! These wealthy people ride some Rolls Royce and Porsh while I have to stand in this bus full of workers for like, hours! My life is such a mess. After walking off the bus, I always bump into few people on my way to school, but this time and fell hard... in love.

....

"Oh no..."

"Haneul-ah, you're alright?!" A deep voice asks me.

Our eyes met... I could stare him for hours! His eyeslashes are so long, his tanned skin is so beautiful... Such a handsome boy! He's wearing our school uniform. My heart races. What is this feeling?! Wait... Kim Jong In?!!

-----

A few years ago, Jong In and I were classmates. He was wearing glasses and had braces. He was such a nerd back then. He was always at the library, reading some comic books with his best friend Taemin. I was really pretty, I had such a good skin, my hair was flawless. I was really popular, my friends and I but we didn't have good marks, so we were bullying Jong In friends. I'm really ashamed now, but I don't know how to apologize for my behavior.

On a rainy day, I fought with my step father. He was drinking and he was beating up my mother. We had so many debts because of him. They were always yelling at each other because of our problems. This is also why we had a fight. I was wondering why he was making my mom and my brother sorrowful, I hated being in his "family". I told him mom should divorce him, he didn't bring us any delight. So why was he giving us so many headaches?!

This day, after we fought, I was really mad, I locked up into my room. At a moment, thinking I was by myself, seeing my mom and her son in the car, I went down in the living room. I found my step father drinking on the couch, dru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter