Interlude; Dream, Reality

That Tumblr Girl

Yoongi Pov

My hands trembled as I slowly opened up that envelope. As I suspected, it was an invitation but it was not the one that I was expecting. It was an invitation for a baby introduction party. I never thought that the silence between me and Ilta would lead to this. I opened up my tumblr app and saw the last message from her that she had sent back then. All she wanted to know was whether Namjoon was telling her the truth and that I'm not whoever I said I was. Jin hyung was right, she had felt betrayed as she had leaned on me during her darkest moments. Moments when she thought that she would try sleeping on the bathroom floor like I did before, she confided in me because she thought she could trust me but Jin hyung was right, I lied to her from the start about who I was.

After she found out the truth, it felt like the one person who understood how lonely I felt has left me entirely because of my own doing. I freaked out Taehyung because he found me lying down on the bathroom floor after the whole thing happened with Ilta almost exactly like that time when I was 18 and Namjoon discovered me on the bathroom floor because of my depression and anxiety issues. That was how I started seeing the psychiatrist. Bang PD-nim was very understanding and told me to go as many sessions as I needed to help me. I thought I had fixed it but I guess not. I keep staring at the invitation again and noticed something off because the last I remembered of Ilta was that she lived in Malaysia but the venue for this party is in Seoul. Did she move here? Was Namjoon keeping in touch with her? I had so many questions left unanswered but the one person who can answer me, I had already chased him off.

I got out of the room and went to Jin hyung. He sat me down and told me to not overreact but Namjoon and Ilta has been keeping in contact ever since she found out the truth about me. Turns out during the time of our no communication, she got married to that same fiance who proposed during our concert and his job moved him to Seoul so she has been staying in Seoul for more than a year now. She had wanted to invite me to the wedding but she felt like she played my feelings and I played hers so to avoid any awkwardness, she decided not to however she did inform Namjoon about it. I questioned Jin hyung on why he knows so much, he only told me that after Taehyung found me on the bathroom floor, he decided to finally confront Namjoon about the issue we had between us and get the story out of him.

I tossed the invite to Jin hyung and asked him if I should even consider going. All he told me was that I myself should know my own feelings better and he let me in on one secret, Ilta had named the baby Yoon after me. She told Namjoon that I must have had my reasons for hiding my true self and she also told him that I only seemed strong but the things I confided in her tell her otherwise. I can't believe that the one girl that I possibly loved is not only married but had named her baby after me. Maybe this is a sign that night should turn into day and I should move on from her. I texted the number on the invite and just said yes to the RSVP.

 

Thank you so much for the support you all have given to this story!

I know this chapter is a little twisted, I never did promise happy endings...

I will most likely end this story in another 1 or 2 chapters.

Do comment, I love reading your comments and replying them!

Take care!