Final

Two Little Bears and a Happy Life (entry for KaisooAUfest)

 

 

Day 1: Best Day for Picnic! - February 22, 2016


“Good Morning!!” Kyungsoo whispers as he points the camera at him. “It’s currently seven thirty in the morning and I woke up early to prepare for today’s family picnic. Jongin and the kids are still sleeping. I’m so excited!” He continues while moving around their kitchen, preparing the family’s breakfast. 

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin are Youtubers. They’ve been on separate accounts before, Jongin as a dancer slash gamer while Kyungsoo is a singer slash book reviewer. One day, they both got featured in a random interview video by Oh Sehun - their mutual friend who is also a Youtuber - and everything started from there. They dated, got married and here they are eight years later, with two-year-old twins named Taeoh and Yoo. Their current daily life vlog account entitled “thegomifamily” was both their ideas and it started just before they got married. 

 

Back to the present, Kyungsoo finished preparing their breakfast and picnic snacks and turned the camera on again as he goes upstairs to check on Jongin and the kids. “It’s time to wake up the big bear and our little cubs.” He snickers, directing the camera to the hallway. 

 

As soon as he opens the master bedroom, he sees Jongin looking at him through lazy eyes. “Good Morning, big bear!” He exclaims as he approaches his husband and pecks him on the lips. Jongin smiles, “G’morning, Soo. Morning guys!” He says to the camera. “Go wash up while I wake up the little cubs. Breakfast is ready downstairs.” Kyungsoo says as he walks out the room to check on the kids. When he nears their room, he hears squeals coming from the inside. “Looks like the little cubs are awake,” He chuckles, still recording. When he opens the door, both Taeoh and Yoo turns around and squealed, “Appa!!!!!” as they ran towards Kyungsoo. “Good Morning baby bears!” he says, bending down to hug the two. “Appa, p’cnic! P’cnic!” Taeoh screams as he tugs on Kyungsoo’s pants. “Yes Tae bear, we’re going to have a picnic today! Are you guys excited?” The elder asked, and the little cubs exclaimed “Yes!!”, obvious excitement lacing on their voices.


As soon as they all finished eating their breakfast, Jongin started bathing the kids. 

 

“Hardest but also the most fun part of being a parent is when you bathe your kids.” He looks at the camera, which is now placed steadily on top of the toilet. “You see, it’s hard because the kids can be way too energetic sometimes, but also fun because you can clearly see them having the time of their lives playing.” He smiles, obvious adoration in his eyes. 

“Daddy, wha’s this!” Yoo lifts the toy to show it to Jongin.

“It’s a penguin baby. Say penguin, peng-guin” He instructs. 

“Pen- gwin” Both kids repeated. 

“Very good!! Ah you’re both growing up well. The penguin looks like appa don’t you think?” 

“Appa! Pen- gwin- appa~!” Taeoh squeals. 

 

--

 

After all the preparations, the family finally headed to the park. As soon as they let the kids down, the two baby bears started running towards the playground. Kyungsoo smiles, filming them.

“Be careful, baby bears! You might trip and get some owies!” He reminds. 

“Let them be, hyung. It’ll teach them to be careful next time if they to trip and get some oos.” Jongin suddenly says as he puts his arms around Kyungsoo’s waist. 

“Fine then, you deal with their high pitch screams if they do.” 

“Hey, it’s not like I’m not used to your screams when we do it.” Jongin snickers. 

“Jongin what the heck! I’m going to have to edit that out later.” He sighs. 

“Love you too, hyung.” The younger pecks Soo on the cheek before he goes to check on the little bears. 

“Daddy! T’wing! T’wing!” Taeoh shouts as he raises his hands for his daddy to pick him up. 

“It’s swing, tae bear.” Jongin chuckles. His sons are too cute. 

He carried the kid to the swing, made sure that he’s properly seated, and started pushing him lightly. 

“Yayyyyy!!! More daddy! More!!” Taeoh giggles. 

“You sure? You might get some owie if you fall, hang on tight on the ropes okay?” The elder warns as he starts to push him just a little harder. 

“Weeee!!” 


“My bears are so sweet.” Kyungsoo whispers as he films the moment. “Taeoh has always been the adventurous one between the twins, Yoo always choose to play on the grounds, as you can see behind Jongin and Tae, but the kid can really be sweet too. I might as well join him play in there. ” He continues, as he walks toward Yoo who’s now playing in the sandbox. 

“What are you doing Yoo bear?” He asks, as soon as he places the camera somewhere where it can still film them. 

“‘Ouse appa!” 

“Oh, and whose house is that? Is it yours?”

“No, ‘tis our house!”

“Aww. Where are we then?” Kyungsoo asks. 

Yoo looks up to Kyungsoo and pretends to think, then he reaches for the small toys provided in the sandbox and took four people. 

“Is that us Yoo bear?”

“Yes! ‘Tis daddy, appa, Taeoh, Yoo!” The kid smiles as he points to every toy he gathered. 

 

Kyungsoo can only smile at how adorable his son is. 


♥♥♥♥♥

 

Day 2: Baking with the baby bears! – February 23, 2016


“Hi, guys! So today I’m gonna film Appa bear and his little helpers Yoo bear and Tae bear while baking. What are you guys gonna bake?” Jongin asks as he points the camera to Kyungsoo and his kids when shouts of “Cookies!!” came from the two kids. They’re now at the kitchen, Taeoh and Yoo standing on the chairs while Kyungsoo goes and prepares all the ingredients they’re going to need. 

“Do you love cookies, Yoo bear?” He ask, as he focuses the camera on Yoo. 

“Yes!”

“How about you, Tae bear?” He turns the camera to Taeoh, who is now busy playing with the flour, “What do you love more, cookies or daddy?”

“Mmmmm..” Taeoh pretends to think. 

“Cookies!” Yoo giggles.

“Hey!!! You’re supposed to love me more!” Jongin pouts at Yoo. 

“Taetae love cookies!” Taeoh interrupts. 

“You brats!”

 

Hearing the three bickering, Kyungsoo laughs and looks at the camera, “Let me introduce to you my eldest kid, Jongin everyone.” He says as he continues snickering, with Jongin shouting “Not you too, hyung!” in the background. 

 

Once Kyungsoo finished preparing all the ingredients they needed, they started their “baking with the bears' show” - as Jongin wants to call it. 

 

“So today we’re gonna bake white chocolate chip cookies because my eldest kid Jongin here requested this morning.” Kyungsoo teases, with Jongin still whining at the background. “Here I have my little helpers, Yoo bear, and Tae bear! Applause!” He started clapping, followed by squeals of “Yay!” by the two kids. 

“So to start off, we’re gonna need sugar, baking soda, eggs, butter-“

“Isn’t it cute how he’s taking this too seriously” Jongin whispers behind the camera.

“..can you help me put the flour in the bowl Yoo bear?” He asks, holding Yoo’s hand as they scoop flour together. 

“Now where are the eggs, Tae bear?” He questions, as Taeoh looks up to his daddy Jongin as if asking. Jongin points at the sugar while chuckling and Taeoh points his little finger at the sugar, following his daddy. 

“That’s the sugar, not an egg, silly!” Kyungsoo says, amused. “Stop teaching him the wrong things, Jongin.” He continues while Jongin can only reply with “Sorry! But it’s amusing!” and a chuckle. 

“Anyway, so after mixing all the ingredients together, you just mix it all up using the spatula. Help appa stir this, Tae bear.” He says, holding Taeoh’s hand. 

“Now that we’re all done, we’re just gonna put this in the oven for fifteen minutes while the little cubs go watch their favorite movie, Despicable Me.” 

 

Jongin then pressed the recording button off and played the movie on the television while Kyungsoo brings the kids to the living room. 

 

When the cookies were done, the family started eating. 

 

“How does it taste, guys?” Kyungsoo asks, recording his twin cubs eating cutely.

 

He cracks a smile when both just gestured a thumbs up, still focusing on their favorite movie. He then proceeded on recording his husband, who’s in the kitchen, with a mouth full of cookies. 

Kyungsoo laughed, “Jongin, slow down! I’m guessing it tastes good?”

“Tastes as good as you, hyung!”

“What the- Jongin!” He pinches Jongin’s sides as he stops the recording. He doesn’t need their viewers hearing Jongin being his usual self, thank you very much. 

“I need to edit that out again” He sighs. 

“Sorry hyung,” the younger chuckles, not looking apologetic at all, “I seriously can’t wait for Friday f-day. I wonder if our viewers already know the meaning of F in f-day.” He smirks. 

“Shut your dirty mouth, you . Let them think what they think it is.”

“Shh. The kids might hear you, baby.” 

“I hate you so much, I hope all of our friends has something to do this Friday so you can’t have me.”

“You wish, honey. I’ve already talked to Sehun and he says they’re free to babysit this Friday.” Jongin snickers. 

“Ugh, you.” Kyungsoo whispers. 

“On Friday baby, just wait for Friday.”


♥♥♥♥♥

 

Day 3: I miss you! - February 24, 2016


“Good Morning! So today Kyungsoo and I decided to split the twins apart for the first time. I’ll go walking with Taeoh while hyung goes grocery shopping with Yoo. I wonder how they’ll react to this.” Jongin says as he smiles at the camera. 

 

After everyone was prepared, Kyungsoo picked up Yoo and started heading to the door. It was all going well until Taeoh started following them.

 

“Oh no, tae bear. Didn’t you promise you`re gonna go jogging with daddy today?” Jongin asks as he approaches the kid. 

“But Yoo’s wit’ appa?” 

“Yes, they’re gonna go grocery shopping, remember?”

“Taetae wanna come!!” The kid pouts. 

“Aw, but who’s gonna go with daddy when you two both go with me?” Kyungsoo joins, trying to persuade the kid. 

Taeoh pouts even more, trying to think. 

“Then how about this, Appa and Yoo is gonna buy you an egg surprise if you come with me?” Jongin says.

“Mm.. okay. “ 

“Yay! Then go ask your brother to buy you one!”

“Yoo, buy me minion egg s’prise, ‘kay?”

“‘M’kay taetae!”

 

When everything was settled, Kyungsoo took off with Yoo while Jongin started walking outside with Taeoh. 

 

--

 

“Which cereal do you want, Yoo bear? Pick one for you and one for Taetae.” Kyungsoo says, trying to teach Yoo how to make a decision.

“’Tis!” Yoo points at the minion cereal.

The elder chuckles, “Of course, it’s still the minion. How about for Taetae?”

“Mmmm… ‘tis!” The kid points out at the other minion cereal with a different design.

Amused, Kyungsoo can only laugh harder, “You cubs and your obsession with the minions. Alright, c’mon, hold this so we can go buy the other stuffs we need.”

 

--

 

“What a great day to go walking! Am I right, Tae bear?” Jongin exclaims, filming the both of them. When he looks down, he sees his son looking a little sad, “Are you okay, taetae? What’s wrong, baby?” he asks.

“Taetae w’nna see Yoo ‘n Appa..” The kid pouts.

Jongin was surprised, to say the least, he didn’t know the two are so attached to each other, but then he realized maybe it’s different for twins since they’re basically together from the start.

“But you’re gonna see them soon, tae bear. How about this, we go buy some ice cream and go to the playground to play, and when we get back home, Yoo and appa will be there!” Jongin picks up his son and tries to cheer him up.

Taeoh stares at his daddy as if trying to decide if that’s a good idea. Eventually, he gave in.

“I love you, tae bear,” Jongin says, kissing his son’s cheek.

“’Wuv you too daddy..”

 

--

 

After getting all that they needed, Kyungsoo and Yoo went straight home. Kyungsoo got a text from Jongin awhile ago that Taeoh feels down because apparently, he misses him and Yoo, so he decides to just go home as soon as they finish. It’s a good thing Yoo didn’t really sulk, he’s the more matured one between the two after all. He can’t help but smile at this, though, like what Jongin said in the text, the twins are still attached to each other, maybe they’re too young to be separated after all. Well, at least they know now. 

 

When they got back home, they were welcomed by the sound of Taeoh and Jongin squealing. “Looks like Taeoh has cheered up now,” the elder says to the camera while opening the door. 

 

As soon as he heard the sound of the door opening, Taeoh came running towards his appa and brother, “Appa!” he squeals as he goes hugs Kyungsoo’s legs. 

“Hello, tae bear! How did your walk with daddy Jongin go?”

“Ice cream!”

“Oh, you guys went to have ice cream?”

“That’s the only way I could cheer him up.”

“It’s fine, I guess one ice cream and egg surprise won’t hurt? Yoo bear, why don’t you give Taetae the egg surprise you promised him!”

Both parents watched as Yoo showed Taeoh the two egg surprise he’s holding, “Want ‘tis? Or ‘tis?”

Jongin smiles, now holding the camera and recording the whole scene, “He’s letting him choose, they’re really growing up..” he whispers. 

When Taeoh chose his egg surprise, the elders were surprised when Yoo opened it for his brother before giving it to him. 

“Soo are you tearing up?” Jongin snickers, now pointing the camera to Kyungsoo who is indeed teary eyed. The elder glares at Jongin, “Shut it, Jongin.” He then turns away from the camera to hide his blushing face and asks, “Who’s up for chicken for dinner?!” 

 

At this, the little cubs and Jongin looked up with a smile on their faces and squealed, because of course, like father like children


♥♥♥♥♥

 

Day 4: Sick day! – February 25, 2016


“Good morning guys! So early this morning, Jongin and I woke up to the kid’s voices through the baby monitor. Apparently, Yoo was talking to Tae, and I recorded it. I’m gonna put the record after this cut as soon as I edit this later on. But for now, I need to go drink some medicines ‘cause I wasn’t really feeling well since last night.” Kyungsoo says, obviously looking pale.

 

--

 

“Are you sleepin’ taetae?” Yoo asks, peeking at his brother who is lying on his bed, obviously not fully awake.

“Mm..”

“Do you wanna play with Yoo?”

“M’kay..” 

“Ok, c’mere” Yoo said, tugging Taeoh who didn’t budge.

“Are you sleepin’?” 

“Mm..” 

“Oh m’kay.. go sleep” Yoo nods, taking his brother’s blanket and draping it on Taeoh. 

The kid then, obviously bored because he doesn’t have anyone to play with, went to his bed again and slept for a little more. 

 

--

 

“Good morning guys. So I’m on my way to my parent’s house to go get our babies before Taeoh and Yoo came.” Jongin laughs, eyes focused on the road, “It’s our dogs Monggu and Janggu. If you’ve been with us from the start, you’ll know that Soo and I raised some puppies way back when we were just boyfriends. Sadly, they had to stay with my parents after Kyungsoo gave birth because we needed to be hands-on with our first babies. We do let them visit Tae and Yoo at least twice a month, though. Soo is a little sick today, so we decided it’s time for the dog’s monthly visit. Hopefully, they’ll be able to distract the twins from their appa at least until before their nap time.” He finishes and lets the camera continue recording while he drives. 

 

After an hour, Jongin came back home with the two dogs. As soon as the kids heard the barking, they immediately ran towards the door while Kyungsoo follows them, recording everything. 

 

“Mongie! Jangie!” The little cubs squealed when the dogs ran towards them. 

“Thankfully, the two are used to the dogs so they aren’t scared anymore.” Kyungsoo says behind the camera, “C’mon little bears, let’s play with them in the living room.”

 

When they’re all settled in the living room, Jongin decided to take over the recording. Holding the camera in his right hand, while petting sleepy Monggu on the other, he focuses the camera on Kyungsoo and the kids playing with Janggu. 

 

“Appa, Janggu eat choc’late?” Yoo asks. 

“No Yoo bear, dogs can’t eat chocolates. So you shouldn’t feed him your egg surprise, okay?” Kyungsoo replies, fixing his son’s messy hair. 

“He get ow’ie?” Taeoh then asks. 

“Yes taetae, they’ll get some ow’ie. So you shouldn’t give Janggu and Monggu any of them.” He smiles, cooing at his son’s cute curious face. 

“Are you alright, Soo? Do you want to rest for awhile?” Jongin asks behind the camera.

“I’m fine, Jongin. It’s almost their nap time anyway.” 

“Alright then. Kids, do you want to see Janggu’s tricks?” He asks, handing the camera to Kyungsoo. 

“Yayyy!!” 

 

Behind the camera, Kyungsoo chuckles, “They never get tired of seeing Janggu and Monggu do the basic dog tricks. They think their dad’s a magician or something for having the dogs do what he says.”

 

“Okay Janggu, sit!!” Jongin instructs.

“Sit! Sit!” The twins followed, cheering after seeing Janggu do what they say.

“Now roll over!”

“Lol ov’r!” The twins followed once again, squealing loudly when Janggu rolled over. 

“How about you Monggu?” Jongin asks after giving Janggu some treats, “Monggu, bang!” He says loudly.

“Bang! Bang Mongie!” Yoo shouts. The twins’ smiles faded though when Monggu just stared at them. “Mongie bang!” Taeoh tries this time. When the dog continued staring at them, the twins started pouting.

“Jongin, do something!” Kyungsoo whispers, still filming the entire scene.

 

Jongin, obviously panicking, petted Monggu and asked, “Monggu-ah, are you sleepy?” and continued petting the dog. Monggu continued staring at him so he whimpers and said, “Monggu said she’s sleepy. I guess it’s nap time?” He says, trying to smile at the little cubs who’s still pouting adorably.

 

Kyungsoo snorted at Jongin’s attempt to brighten the kid’s moods. Seeing that it’s just ten minutes before their nap time, Kyungsoo stopped the recording and announced that it’s definitely nap time. He ended up explaining to the kids that the dogs are sleepy because it’s also their nap time and that they’ll be fine later when they wake up. Thankfully, the twins agreed. Oh, the things you do as a parent, Kyungsoo thinks. 

 

--

When the little bears are finally asleep, Kyungsoo went down to the living room to find Jongin sulking. Chuckling, the elder sat beside him on the couch. 

“Are they asleep?” Jongin asks. 

“Yes, thankfully. Are you alright, baby?”

“I’m supposed to ask you that, hyung. I’m sorry for that lame attempt to cheer the kids up.” The younger sighs.

“It’s alright, Jonginnie. At least they agreed to sleep so stop pouting you big bear.” Kyungsoo chuckles.

“Are you fine now, hyung? Have you taken your medicines?” 

“Well yes I did after lunch, but I could use some sleep right now. Do you mind?” The elder asks, obviously tired and a little pale.

“Of course not baby, c’mon let’s take a nap.”


♥♥♥♥♥

 

Day 5: A day with the Uncles! – February 26, 2016


“Hi, guys! This is Sehun,” The said guy starts, as soon as the camera started recording, “and I am Luhan!” His boyfriend, Luhan shouts at the background, “And we’re going to be the twin’s babysitters for today! As you all know, Kyungsoo hyung has been sick since two nights ago and last night, it got worse that Jongin had to bring him to the hospital early this morning for a check-up. We’re going to meet Yeol and Baek hyung later so the kids can play with their Byeol noona. But for now, let’s go wake them up.” He says. 

 

“Goodmorning twins!” He exclaims as he opens the door. 

“’Ncle Hun!!” Yoo squeals as he runs toward his favorite uncle. 

“How’s your sleep guys?”

“Where’s appa?” Taeoh asks. 

“Appa and daddy went to the hospital today, Tae.”

“Why?”

“He got some ow-ie, but they’ll be back soon, okay? Do you wanna go meet Uncle Luhan downstairs?”

“Okay!”

 

--

 

As soon as they’ve finished their breakfast and preparing the kids, the four headed to the nearby kid’s cafe to meet with their other friends. When they reached the kid's cafe, the twins immediately ran into their Uncle Yeollie and Uncle Baekkie's arms, leaving their two other uncles amused. 

"Taetae missed you n’cle baek!"

"Aww, I missed you too, tae." Baekhyun replies, kissing the twin’s cheeks. 

"Taetae!! Yoo!!" Both the twins turned when they heard their names being called by their Byeol noona, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun's daughter. 

"Byeol noonaaaaa!!" Tae shouts as he ran towards his noona's arms, while Yoo shyly walked towards them, "Hi noo’na!" he smiles. 

Seeing the scene, the four elders smiled amusingly. They've always known that Yoo has a small crush with the elder girl. They all find it cute to be honest, not Jongin though, who always insists that Yoo is too young to have a crush. 

 

“It’s just a small crush, Jongin! They’re too young to even acknowledge that.” Kyungsoo told him the first time they noticed. The younger pouts, “Still!! Nobody’s allowed to steal our babies from us hyung, not until they turn twenty!”. At this, Kyungsoo can only scoff, “Oh god, what am I going to do with you?”.

 

When they’re all settled, the kids started playing in the playroom while the elders stayed on the coffee tables.

 

“So what happened to Soo?”

“He said he wasn’t feeling well lately, he’s also vomiting a lot.”

“Oh? Could it be?” Baekhyun raised his eyebrows. 

“Most likely. Jongin told me they did it just a few weeks ago. So we’re probably gonna have a new cub to babysit soon.” Sehun snickers. 

“Which reminds me, we have an announcement to make..” Chanyeol says as he looks at Baekhyun. 

“Well?” Luhan asks, raising his eyebrows at the two.

“Well, the thing is, you might have two new babies to babysit soon?” Baekhyun answers, smiling sheepishly.

“Ohmygod Baek! Are you pregnant?!” Luhan exclaims, grinning widely.

“For almost 2 months now, yes.” The former smiled.

“It’s about time anyway! Byeol is turning five soon, she needs a baby brother or sister. Congrats, baek! I’m so happy for the both of you.” Sehun interrupts, smiling at the couple.

“God, I still can’t believe both of my best friends already have kids, you guys are making me jealous.” Luhan pouts.

“Hunnie, I think that’s your signal to propose,” Chanyeol whispers at Sehun.

“You know I’m planning to do it on our third anniversary.”
Chanyeol shrugs, “I’m just saying. Luhan really looks like he wants a kid already.”

“I know, Yeol, but I want to marry him first. We’ve talked about it anyway.” Sehun smiles, remembering their conversation about their future. 

 

Chanyeol just looked at his best friend and smiled. He’s happy knowing that his best friends are happy. It’s been years since they’ve been friends, they’re already on their part of their lives where they settle down with their own families and he can’t be any happier. His train of thoughts ended quickly when they heard Yoo whimpering while Taeoh and Byeol assist him towards them, the kid looks like he got hurt. Oh well, back to babysitting duties. 

 

--

 

After a few more hours of chatting and recording the kids playing, the two groups decided to part since it’s almost time for dinner. While they’re on their way home, Luhan got a text from Jongin that Kyungsoo is still a little sick and needs to stay at the hospital for another night.

 

From: Jonginnie 
To: Luluhyung
6:34pm
“The doctor adviced us to let Kyungsoo stay confined for another night so they can monitor him. He got a fever last night and it still didn’t go down until now, but they assured us that he’ll be fine by tomorrow evening. Can you stay with them for one more day? I’m so sorry, we owe you a lot guys!”

To: Jonginnie
From: Luluhyung
6:36pm
“Don’t worry, we got this. We’ll just sleep in your guest room. Oh, and please tell Soo to get well and that Baek is pregnant! We’ll see you tomorrow. Good night guys! :)”


♥♥♥♥♥

 

Day 6: Bonus Throwback Video – 080612: Our fourth Wedding Anniversary – February 27, 2016


It was their fourth wedding anniversary tomorrow and Kyungsoo is ecstatic. 

Waking up in the middle of the night, he quietly sneaks out of their bedroom to prepare his surprise for his husband. As soon as he’s downstairs, he turns the camera on and pressed the record button, “Hi guys, so it’s currently 3:30am and I’m awake to prepare my surprise for Jonginnie for our anniversary tomorrow. It may be a surprise for you guys too, so I’ll end this here and you’ll see what I’m talking about later.” He whispers and ends the recording. 

 

--

 

The digital clock on their side table says 9:30 and Jongin just woke up without Kyungsoo by his side. After the momentary confusion caused by his sleepiness, he remembered that today’s their wedding anniversary so his dear husband is probably cooking him breakfast or preparing a surprise like they both usually do every year. His suspicions were confirmed when he sat up and noticed the note below the clock. 

 

Good morning Jonginnie~ I hope you know what today is? 
Your breakfast is ready downstairs, my King. But before that, 
go wash up and follow the instructions I taped everywhere.
Also, don’t forget to record everything! Love you, baby, see you later ;) 

Your handsome husband, Kim Kyungsoo


Jongin snickers, is Soo doing exactly what he did for their wedding anniversary last year? How original, he thinks as he plans exactly how he’ll tease his husband about this later. He ended up following his instructions anyway. After recording a greeting and introduction of the day’s events, he went and prepared for the day. When he’s finished showering, eating and dressing up, it’s almost lunch time, just in time for Kyungsoo’s instruction of him to meet him at this café near Sehun’s place at 11:30. 

 

“Hey guys,” Jongin says as the camera started recording, “So I’m now on my way to this cafe near Sehun’s place as instructed by my handsome husband Kyungsoo,” he chuckles, “We’ve been doing this surprises for years now, we’re actually starting to get used to it. And to top it all off, Soo’s actually doing exactly what I did last year. You better step up your game, honey!” He laughs a little more, looking at the camera every now and then, “But even though we do this every year, we never fail to actually surprise each other.” He continues. A few minutes after, he turns the car right and parks at the spot nearest to the café. “We’re here!” he exclaims, picking up the camera from its mount, “And look, Kyungsoo actually picked a kid’s cafe. My husband can be a little weird but really cute sometimes.” He snickers. 

 

Jongin entered the cafe and found Kyungsoo in the corner of the cafe. Since it’s a Monday, there're not many people around. Confused, Jongin approached the elder and asked, 

 

“Hey honey, so where’s the surprise?” 

“Well, aren’t you surprised that there’s no surprise?” Kyungsoo laughs.

“Soo!” 

“Just kidding. Come sit down first. Hope you haven’t eaten lunch like I asked you too?”

“Nope, not yet because I’m a very good husband who only follows your instructions.” Jongin winks, handing the camera to Kyungsoo.

“Ew, Jongin. That’s too cheesy. Anyway, I already ordered so while waiting, here’s your surprise honey. Open it.” Kyungsoo smiles, handing Jongin a gift the size of a shoe box. 

Jongin smiles, opening the gift only to find another box inside. He frowns, “Don’t tell me you’re giving me a picture frame of yourself like Baekhyun did to Jongdae last Christmas.”

“Oh please, I’m not that cheap! No offense baek.” He says behind the camera. 

“Seriously, just how many boxes are there in this huge box?”

“Be patient, Jongin. Just a few more.” The elder says, recording Jongin. 

When Jongin reaches the last box, Kyungsoo stopped him from opening it and Jongin looks up with a questioning look. 

“Before you open it, I want you to take deep breaths and to calm down and not scream when you see it, alright?”

“Hyung.. this is not a spider or something right….?” Jongin asks, paling at the thought. 

“No silly. It’s something much better. Now go ahead.” 

 

As soon as he opens it, he still screamed. Albeit a little controlled, it still gathered the attention of the few customers in the cafe. Kyungsoo smiled sheepishly while apologizing to the parents or babysitters who just wanted to have some peace while waiting for their kids to get tired of playing, and turns to Jongin with a glare. He softens when he sees Jongin crying, though, “Well, surprise? Do you like it, baby?” He asks. 

“S-soo.. baby, you’re p-pregnant?” He asks as he stares at the pregnancy test that’s obviously showing a positive result. 

“Yes, Jongin. I’m indeed pregnant, we’re finally going to have our first baby!” He smiles, eyes starting to tear up as well because, well, emotions and pregnancy don’t really go well together. 

“How long, Soo?” Jongin asks, now moving beside Kyungsoo. 

“It’s already a month now. I’ve learned about it just last week actually. I talked to mom yesterday and she’s kinda hoping it’s twins. We’ll find out tomorrow.” 

“Ohmygod we’re going to have a baby in 8 months. We’re going to be parents! I’m s-so happy, soo! Thank you! Thank you so much baby, this is the best gift ever!” Jongin says, his words now being muffled in Kyungsoo’s chest. 

“Shh, Jongin. You’ve also given me this gift you know. So thank you as well. I love you, Jongin.”

“I love you Soo, forever and always.” He replies, finally calming down and kissing Kyungsoo’s cheek. 

Kyungsoo snickers, “Cheesy as always.” 

 

It is then that the elder remembered the camera that’s now pointed at them and is still recording. He might have to edit out some of the last parts because Jongin can be quite ugly when he cries, he laughs at the thought. 


♥♥♥♥♥

 

Day 7: Important announcement! – February 28, 2016


“Good morning!” Kyungsoo greets, as usual, the camera recording from the top of the refrigerator. He’s in the kitchen, preparing some breakfast for his big bear and the little cubs. “So Jongin and I have been missing from the last two days and I would like to apologize for that. As you all know, I’ve been feeling sick since the twenty-fifth and Jongin had to bring me to the hospital the same night. We’re actually very lucky that our best friends were free to babysit our little cubs. Which reminds me, congratulations Baek! I’m so happy for both of you and Chanyeollie.” He smiles at the camera, then turns to look at Jongin who is now approaching his cooking husband. 

 

“Morning soo, morning guys!”Jongin greets as he picks up the camera, “Have you told them, soo?” he asks. 

“Not yet, let’s wait for the cubs to wake up first.”

“Oh alright then, I’m gonna go see if they’re awake.”

Still recording, Jongin proceeded upstairs. When he opens the room, Yoo and Taeoh immediately ran towards him. 

“Daddy!!!”

“My little cubs! How are you guys? Did you miss daddy?”

“Yes! Yoo missed d’ddy!” Yoo pouts at Jongin then hugged him. 
Jongin can’t help but coo at his kids, “How ‘bout my tae bear? Did you miss daddy?”

“Yes! Where daddy and ‘ppa go?” 

“Soo appa got some oos so we went to the doctor. Do you wanna see him now?”

“Yes!!”

“C’mon then, let’s go down and eat with appa.”

 

When they got downstairs, Kyungsoo received the same treatment as Jongin. The little cubs went to hug their appa’s legs because he’s busy frying some eggs. He went to hug them both though when everything’s prepared. 

 

After breakfast, the family went to the living room so they can watch a movie. The elders took this time to say the big news to the kids. With Jongin holding the camera and Kyungsoo sitting in the middle of the sofa with Yoo and Taeoh beside him, he says, 

 

“Do you wanna know why appa and daddy were missing the past two days?”

“Appa got some boo’boos?” Yoo asks.

“Well, aside from that” Jongin laughs behind the camera.

“Yes appa got some oos, but aside from that, do you know what the doctor told appa?”

“What?” Taeoh asks this time, surprisingly attentive to what Kyungsoo was saying.

“Appa is pregnant!” Kyungsoo exclaims.

“Surprise guys! Although I think some of you already knew it coming,” Jongin whispers, obvious happiness lacing in his voice. 

“Pwegnan’?” Taeoh asked again, proceeded by Yoo’s confused “Why?” 
Kyungsoo can’t help but laugh at his kid’s innocence and cuteness, “What do you mean why, silly! Appa is pregnant, which means you will have a little brother or sister!”

“Where?” 

“He or she’s still inside your appa’s tummy, Yoo bear. You’ll see him after a few months. For now, you little cubs can go talk to him or her?” Jongin answers, still recording the whole moment. 

“Why?” Yoo asks again. 

“Do you mean how? You can go lean on my tummy and talk to it!” Kyungsoo says.

The kids went and leaned on Kyungsoo’s tummy to try. 

“‘ellow?” They asked. 

 

They got confused when they got no response. Seeing his little cubs’ furrowed little eyebrows, Kyungsoo can’t help but laugh harder. “You sillies! He can’t respond yet! He’s still a tiny little blob inside me for now, but after a few months you’re going to see him or her and maybe then you’ll get a response, alright?” He explains, realizing that all of them are new to this. The kids don’t know anything about siblings yet, despite being exposed to other kids. Maybe after a few more explanations, they’ll understand but for now, they’ll settle for this, Kyungsoo thinks. 

 

At the same time, Jongin is thinking the same thing. The two of them might have to have a talk about how they’re gonna teach the kids the ropes of having a sibling. He looks at Kyungsoo and when he sees him looking back at him with a smile on his face, he knows he understands. 

 

--

 

It’s almost midnight and both of the elders are still awake. 

“What are you doing, baby?” Jongin asks, recording his husband. 

“I’m currently editing our videos awhile ago..” 

The youngers sighs, “You look so hot right now. I have married the most handsome guy on this planet.”

Kyungsoo stares. 

“What?”

“What are you saying, Jongin?”

“I’m just saying the truth! Am I wrong guys? He’s perfect, right?” 

Kyungsoo can’t help but roll his eyes at his husband. 

“Anyway guys,” he then stopped what he’s doing to stare at the camera, “I’m sorry for just putting up a throwback video yesterday. Coincidentally, we had the same theme for our videos posted yesterday and today. Yesterday’s throwback video was during our fourth anniversary and also the day I announced my pregnancy with the twins to Jongin, and today we announced my pregnancy to the twins.” He says, chuckling.

“Time does fly way too fast, I still can’t quite believe that the twins are turning three in a few months, and our third baby’s on his or her way,” Jongin says behind the camera. 

“This is why I always tell everyone, even you guys, that you should treasure every moment when you have kids.”

“That’s really true.”

“Anyway, I think we’ll end this video here. I’m still feeling a little tired and sick because of this new blob in my tummy. Bye, guys!”

“Bye guys, good night!” Jongin says as he ends the recording and placed the camera on their side table. “C’mon, Soo. Just continue editing that tomorrow, baby,” He continues as he takes the laptop from his husband. 

 

When they’re settled, Jongin hugged his husband to his chest, “Good night Soo, I love you and our little cubs so much.” He says, hands unconsciously Kyungsoo’s tummy.

Kyungsoo noticed this and smiled, “Good night Jongin, I love you guys too.”


♥♥♥♥♥

 

EXTRA: Little bears’ first time meeting Soomi - October 27, 2016

 

“Hi, guys! So we’re on our way home from the hospital. As you all know, Kyungsoo gave birth to our healthy baby girl a few days ago, and now the twins are finally going to meet her!” Jongin says, the camera recording on its car mount. 

“I wonder how they’ll react. I miss my baby bears.” Kyungsoo sighs from the back of the car, taking care of Soomi. 

 

--

 

When they got home, Yoo and Taeoh – now three years old – was delighted to see their parents back, and this time with their baby sister. The look of awe and adoration they gave Soomi was so overwhelming, Jongin almost cried while filming the moment. 

“Soo! Jonginnie’s crying!” Luhan - who was again in charge of taking care of the kids while their best friends are gone - elbowed Kyungsoo who is now obviously happy with what he’s seeing as well. 

“I heard you Lulu hyung! I’m not crying!” Jongin pouts. 
At this, Taeoh looks at his dad and asked, “Daddy got owie?” while pouting.

“No baby, Daddy’s just happy. So do you like your baby sister? Her name’s Soomi, you can now talk to her!” Jongin smiles at the kids.

 

Out of curiosity, the twins tried talking to the little bundle of joy but got no response yet again. At this, Kyungsoo can’t help but laugh hard when he saw the confusion on his baby’s faces. 

 

“Mimi bear can’t talk yet but she can really hear you this time! We’ll go teach her to talk when she grows older, alright baby bears?” Kyungsoo explains in which the twins thankfully understood. 

 

--

 

While Luhan and Kyungsoo cook dinner downstairs, the rest went upstairs so Jongin can change Soomi’s diaper. With Sehun holding the camera, Jongin went to do his task while the twins are watching. 

In the middle of changing, Taeoh suddenly asked, “Daddy, mimi’s peepee, where?” with his voice full of curiosity.

Sehun can’t help but snort at Jongin’s bewildered face, but of course, like the good best friend he is, he also asks, “Oh yeah, Jonginnie, where’s Soomi’s peepee?” while laughing hard.

“Shut it, Sehun.” He glares at the younger, “Well, you see baby bears, Soomi is a girl so her peepee will look different with ours.” He continues, trying to make the twins understand.

“Why?” Yoo asks, and the camera shakes with how hard Sehun’s laughing now. 

“You’ll know why when you grow up, okay?” Jongin smiles, finishing his task. “For now, who wants ice cream?!” He asked, trying to change the topic. 

 

 

 

 


Well, this is the life of Kim Jongin and Kim Kyungsoo. It may be chaotic, having two little bears which now turned to three, but hey, it’s still a very happy life and they definitely wouldn’t have it any other way.

 

 

--------------

 

A/N:

Soooo, this is my entry for the KaisooAUfest: No One Dies This Time! I'm posting another story by this weekend, and it will contain random episodes (drabbles) from this AU because I just love this AU so much. Again, comments are loved and you can always talk to me on Twitter (@qaisus)! Love y'all <3