Final

Autumn Leaves

The shrill ringing of the outdated school bell caused students to disperse towards their respective classrooms. In room 13B, a vigorous lesson in Chemistry was about to begin. Teacher Lim slammed his hand down on the podium and opened his mouth when seven rowdy boys entered the classroom.

 

“How nice of you to join us, boys.” Mr. Lim said in his stern, authoritative voice.

V, or known as Taehyung, bowed dramatically. “Sorry ssem! We had more important things to take care of.” He did a pout that earned bubbly laughter from the other students.

Mr. Lim silenced the class with a look and grimaced at the seven young men. “Take your seats and don't disrupt my class any longer unless you'd like to spend lunch with me for detention.”

“No thanks.” Jimin made a look of disgust as he made his way to his seat. V and J-Hope snickered and clapped their shorter friend on the shoulder.

Bo Jaein looked up from her chemistry book. She met eyes with the most silent one of the group. His dark hair covered a bit of his hard eyes. He had a prominent nose and a strong jawline. Most students were afraid of him and his silence, but not Jaein. Jungkook took his seat that was directly behind her and placed his elbows on the desk. Jaein glanced at the red stains on his knuckles and looked back up at him. He removed his hands off the desk and quickly rubbed his knuckles on his black slacks. He looked at Jaein who was still looking at him and nodded his head, telling her to look forward.

Jaein scoffed and returned her attention to the front of the classroom. Jungkook leaned back in his chair as a small smirk played on his lips. Jaein looked beautiful today, Jungkook thought. But then again, she looked beautiful every day. He wished they were little kids again. He wished he could go back in time to when they would go to daycare together and play every single day out in their backyards. He wished he could relive all the birthdays they celebrated together and the summer camps both of them had attended. But things were different now. Jungkook exhaled a heavy sigh and opened his eyes.

 

“Wake up.” Jaein mouthed with an amused look. Jungkook rolled his eyes and buried his head in his arms on the desk.

--------------------

Lunch finally came. Jaein dropped by her locker to leave her backpack and then headed to the cafeteria to meet up with her friends. Lizzy and Seuli waited for her at their usual table underneath the biggest tree on campus. As usual, they had already gotten lunch for her as well. Jaein loved these two. She smiled brightly and took a seat in front of them. Right away, Seuli animatedly told them about the drama that happened between Teacher Kang and the newest transfer student, Wonho.

 

“I swear I saw steam coming out of Teacher Kang’s ears!” Seuli claimed. Lizzy gave Jaein ‘the look’ and shook her head. Jaein giggled and covered . “What?! You don’t believe me?” Seuli looked offended.

 

Lizzy gave her infamous side glance at Seuli. “You have an awesome imagination.” She patted Seuli’s head in a motherly manner. Jaein’s head rolled back and she laughed out loud. When Lizzy and Seuli bickered it was like a mother-daughter argument.

“Ladies!” Suga whistled and slid into the seat next to Lizzy. Lizzy’s cheeks turned a bright pink and Seuli chortled. “Suga Daddy’s here.” He grinned and winked at the girls.

Jaein and Seuli laughed at how quiet Lizzy had become. Before Jaein could ask where the others were, they all streamed over one by one. Jin sat on the other side of Seuli and wrapped an arm around her neck, pulling her close. Jimin, V and J-Hope took their seats and began eating right away. Rap Monster sat to the left of Jaein and greeted her before he, too, dove into his food.

“Where’s-” The seat on Jaein’s right suddenly became occupied by Jungkook. He turned his head to look at her and raised an eyebrow.

Jaein rolled her eyes with a smile and took a spoonful of her rice. She held out a can of grape soda in front of his face. Jungkook gave Jaein a look. “Seriously?” She muttered and opened the can for him and lightly slammed it onto the table. Jungkook gave the tiniest smile and took a long gulp of his favorite drink. “Yah, pay up.” She slapped his shoulder.

 

Jungkook grimaced and took a pack of Oreos out of his blazer pocket. He tossed them at her and she fumbled with them, accidentally dropping them. She picked them up and excitedly pumped her fist.

 

“Hey Jaein.” All ten of them looked up at the owner of the intruding voice.

Immediately Jungkook curled his hand into a tight fist. Jaein straightened up and smiled warmly. “Hi Wonho.” Jungkook was taken back by Jaein’s reaction to the male in front of her.

 

Wonho gazed at her with those deep eyes of his. “Can I talk to you?” He noticed all of her friends looking at him and he added, “Alone?”

 

Jaein, taken by surprise, tripped over her chair as she got up. “S-Sure.” She placed her Oreos next to Jungkook and followed Wonho out of the cafeteria. Jungkook’s eyes watched them as they left and turned the corner. His jaw twitched as anger itched at his fingertips. He stabbed the fork into his rice and finished the rest of his soda in one go. He crushed the can in his hand and gave the pack of Oreos a dirty look.

 

Jaein and Wonho came to an empty hallway and stopped near the locker rooms. He turned to face her and gave her a smile that made her knees weak. “So...? What did you want to talk to me about?” Jaein chewed on her bottom lip nervously.

 

Wonho sighed and touched the bridge of her nose. “How are you so effortlessly beautiful?” His touch felt warm and Jaein was so sure she would have collapsed. He moved closer to her and she could smell his wonderful cologne. “I wanted to know if you would like to hangout with my friends and I sometime.” He twirled a piece of her long, brown hair around his index finger and looked at her intensely.  

Jaein’s cheeks felt hot and she was positive her face matched the red Converse on her feet. “I would like that.” Her lips curled up into a wide smile.

“Meet me at the front gate of the school tonight at 6?” Wonho gently the back of her head and showed his pearly teeth.

“Okay.” Jaein breathed. Wonho winked and touched her chin before leaving. He shoved his hands into the pockets of his pants and made his way back towards the cafeteria.Jungkook was coming up the stairs just as Wonho made his way down. They locked eyes and stared one another down. Thick tension blanketed the both of them. Wonho smirked with a low chuckle and shoved past Jungkook.

Jungkook did everything he could to not jump after the other male and pummel him to the ground. He spotted Jaein and walked up to her. He saw the pinkness of her cheeks and felt his chest contract slightly. “You have heard the rumors as to why he was expelled from his other school right?” He asked.

Jaein furrowed her eyebrows, causing her forehead to crinkle a bit. “They're rumors, Jungkook. Like you said.”

“Don't say I didn't warn you.” He dropped the Oreos on the ground and crushed them underneath his boot.

fell open in shock as he destroyed her favorite cookie. She looked up at him with annoyance. He walked past her, gently brushing against her shoulder. “Damn it Jeon Jungkook.” She cursed under her breath.

----------------------------

After school Jaein made her way home with Seuli and Lizzy. They all walked arm in arm chatting about the upcoming fall dance on Saturday night.

“I can't wait for you girls to see my dress! It matches perfectly with Jin Oppa’s tie.” Seuli squealed with happiness.

“Are you girls talking about me?” Jin came out of nowhere. The rest of the guys followed shortly behind. Jin grabbed hold of Seuli’s hand and she gladly let him lead her away. “Don't worry, I'll get her home safely!” The two love birds waved and took off in a different direction.

“See you!” Lizzy and Jaein waved good-bye. “He's so in love with her. It's so cute.” Lizzy sighed, feeling a bit jealous.

Jaein glanced back and chuckled. “You have someone that is in love with you too.” She winked and grinned.

Lizzy smiled and gave her a knowing look. “I love you too, Bo Jaein.” Arms wrapped around her waist from behind and she gasped. “Yah!” Her head whipped around and she grew relieved when she saw Suga. “Min Yoongi!” She ripped his arms off her and hastily made her way up the hill.

Suga looked at Jaein and made a face of pleasure. “I love it when she plays hard to get.” Suga jogged after Lizzy. Jaein heard Lizzy yelling at him and covered to stifle her giggles.

“We'll see you guys tomorrow!” J-Hope, V, Jimin and Rap Monster all headed in the direction of the oldest one’s house to play video games.

Jungkook and Jaein were left alone. They walked in comfortable silence toward their homes. When they reached the top of the hill they stopped in front of their respective gates and looked at each other. “Homework after dinner?” He nodded his head up towards her house.

An amused smile came on Jaein’s face. Her head moved up and down with agreement. “See you then.” Jaein entered her home and shut the door behind her. The house was eerily quiet. As usual. She dropped her bag by the door and kicked her shoes off. After undoing the buttons on her blazer, she flung it onto the couch. She looked around her empty house and heaved an empty sigh. She walked into the kitchen and saw a note taped to the fridge.

Jaein, we left for the New York dental convention today. We will call you when we land. I love you my dear. Be good. - Dad

Jaein pulled open the fridge and saw a big container of her mom's favorite dish. A melancholy look settled on her face. She heated it up and headed upstairs to her room. A feeling of loneliness itched in her chest and she grabbed her phone. Homework now instead? Unless you're busy. She pressed send and hoped Jungkook wasn't napping at the moment.

She changed out of her school uniform and slipped jeans on when she heard a thump out on the balcony of her bedroom. Jaein looked at the door and watched the door knob turn slowly. Jungkook poked his head in and looked at Jaein. He sniffed the air. “Is that-?”

“Your mom’s galbi.” Jaein said in a tender voice. She opened the lid and handed him chopsticks. He popped a piece into his mouth and immediately felt hot tears burn his eyes. Jaein noticed that and changed the subject. “Alright! Let's do homework. I know you need my chemistry notes you slept through this morning.”

The two of them sat out at the small table that decorated the balcony. She took all her materials out of her book bag and placed them in front of her while Jungkook tossed his notebook and a pen on the table. She gave him a look and shook her head. “Always so prepared, Jungkook.”

He loved it when she said his name. A smirk played on his lips and he took a seat across from her. She passed him her notes and he began copying them onto his paper. She placed her chin in her palm and watched him write. “Where are your parents?” He asked.

“Dental convention in New York.” Jaein said. Her eyes moved to his bedroom balcony door that was left wide open. “Where's your dad?” She looked back at him to gauge his reaction.

Jungkook’s hand froze for a brief second. “He's up to his ears in paperwork.” His father owned a law practice in the heart of Busan and was usually never home anymore due to always being so ‘busy with work.’

Jaein planted her elbows on the table and leaned forward. “And how have you been?” She referenced his mother.

He couldn't meet her eyes. His voice felt caught in his throat and he swallowed the knot that had formed. “I'm okay.” He said through gritted teeth.

Not wanting to push him any further, Jaein dropped the topic and worked on her history outlines. They were silent for the next two hours as both diligently worked on their studies.

Jaein put her pen down and stretched her stiff limbs. She checked her phone and shot up from her seat with a gasp. “I'm meeting Wonho at 6! I almost forgot.”

Jungkook stopped writing and leaned back in the chair. “Are you really going to meet with him? Alone?”

She shoved her books back into her bag and zipped it closed. “His friends will be there too.”

 That made Jungkook tense up. His eyes rounded in shock and he looked at her as if she were insane. “And you think that makes it any better? Have you seriously not paid attention to what the other students say about him? Don't you remember what I told you during lunch today?” His tone became higher and his voice shook.

 “Then I guess I'll have to find out if you and everybody else is right.” Jaein gave him a small smile. “I'll see you tomorrow Jungkook. Take the rest of the galbi.” She motioned to the container of food and shut her balcony door behind her.

 “God damn it.” Jungkook pressed his face into the palms of his hands. He kicked the chair out from under him and tossed his book over the ledge. It landed with a loud thud onto the wooden floor of his bedroom. He climbed onto the ledge and leaped into the air, safely landing in his balcony. He took one last look at Jaein’s doors and had half a mind to jump back to prevent her from seeing Wonho. I already lost my mom. I don't want to lose you too. Especially not to that bastard. He released a sigh of surrender and locked himself in his room.

Jaein took one last look in the mirror and ran a brush through her hair. She smiled in content and headed downstairs. She slipped her feet into her Timberland boots and for a moment her mind became occupied with Jungkook. Her phone lit up with a new notification. It was from her father, letting her know that they had a layover in Maine. She quickly texted back and left the house.

 In less than 15 minutes she arrived to the front of the school. She scanned the vicinity for Wonho but didn't spot him anywhere. She checked her phone and knew she wasn't late when it was promptly 6 o’clock. She felt a presence behind her and spun around.

 “Woah!” Wonho stepped back just in time to avoid the coffees he had bought from spilling everywhere.

 Jaein clutched onto her chest. “I'm sorry!”

 Wonho gave a million-dollar smile, making Jaein smile as well. “No worries. Have you been waiting long?” He asked, concerned.

 She shook her head. “I just got here too.” He held out a coffee to her. “For me? Oh, thank you!” Jaein gratefully took the drink and grinned when the hot liquid warmed her on the inside.

 

“Let's go.” Wonho placed a hand on her back and lead her away. They walked for about five minutes when she could hear loud voices echoing from the neighborhood basketball courts. “My friends are waiting over there.”

 Jaein wondered what his friends would be like. She saw six males running across the court, trying to make baskets against each other. They all looked quite  intimidating, especially the taller one with big arms and hard eyes. He locked eyes with her and Jaein stepped closer to Wonho. He greeted each single one with hi-fives and handshakes. “Guys, this is Jaein. The girl I can never seem to stop talking about. Be nice to her.” Wonho placed his hands on her shoulders and gave them a firm squeeze. He released her and walked towards Jooheon who tossed the ball to him.

 Jaein flinched slightly at his touch. She looked up at his friends and the only one standing there looking at her was the one named Shownu. He crossed his arms over his chest and tilted his head to the right. He studied her. “What?” Jaein self-consciously put a hand against her cheek. Maybe there was something on her face.

 “Why did you agree to come here tonight?” He asked in a deep voice. She blinked in surprise by his sudden question. “Didn't Jungkook warn you about Wonho?” Shownu walked away from her, leaving her stunned.

 How does he know Jungkook? Jaein furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. She turned her head when she heard her name being called. Wonho waved her over and pointed to the bleachers. “Watch me play.” He cupped her chin and stared down at her lips for a good second before releasing her and winking at her. Jaein sighed in relief and thanked her lucky stars he didn't try to kiss her. She suddenly began to regret her decision on not taking Jungkook seriously. Jaein wanted to leave but was worried about looking rude. The warmth of the coffee had long left her body and she watched the seven boys play a rough round of basketball.

 After twenty minutes, Wonho jogged up to her. Sweat made his bangs stick to his forehead. He flipped his hair and grinned at her. “You doing okay?” He reached out to touch her knee.

 Jaein quickly stood up. “Yeah! I just have to use the restroom.” She gave him a tiny smile and hopped down.

 “Do you want me to walk you?” He asked and placed his hand on her lower back.

 She stepped away and gave him an assuring smile. “No it's okay. I'll be right back.” She hastily made her way towards the bathrooms and glanced out to make sure he hadn't followed her. Jaein looked at herself in the mirror and turned the faucet on. She started washing her hands when she heard shouting outside.

 “Are you ing kidding me, Wonho?!”

 

Jaein dried her hands and walked out. She saw a girl with black hair in high waisted jeans and a dangerously low-cut shirt tugging on Wonho’s arm. Her view was blocked by Shownu. “Stay behind me.” He said in a harsh tone. He pulled her behind his back and headed towards the exit.

 “Who the hell is that?!” The girl screamed. She stormed over to Shownu and Jaein.

 Shownu stepped in front of Jaein. She felt her stomach drop and her heart rate tripled. “She's with me, Minah.”

 Minah’s red lips turned into a nasty smirk. “Bull. She's Wonho’s type.” She hissed.

 To Jaein’s ultimate shock, Wonho walked up to Minah and wrapped his arms tightly around her from behind. He kissed her neck and looked up at the Jaein. “She's the one I told you that likes me, remember? I thought the three of us could have some fun together, babe.” Wonho bit his lower lip and sent another wink at Jaein. She felt humiliated. But most of all, she felt a lot of anger within her. Her hand curled into a tight fist.

 “Ohhh. I see.” Minah’s lips curled into a devious smile. She looked at Jaein as if she were prey.

 Wonho stretched his hand out to Jaein. “Come on, Jaein. Play with us, no?” Minah giggled into her first and stared her down with bedroom eyes.

 “ off, Wonho.” Shownu pulled Jaein out of the basketball courts and headed towards the school. She could hear them roaring with laughter and felt hot tears pricking at the corners of her eyes. Shownu released her wrist when they reached the school. “You should have listened to Jungkook.” He scolded her. He shoved his hands in the pockets of his jeans and sighed. “I'm sure you can make it home safely from here?”

 Jaein glanced at Shownu with tear-filled eyes. “Thank you.” She whispered and pulled her hood on. She ducked her head and hurriedly made her way up the hill. She arrived at her house and slammed the door shut. Tired, she kicked off her boots and sank into the leather couch. She leaned her head back and more tears streamed from her eyes. She let out a small sob and covered her face. She couldn't wait to get an earful from Jungkook tomorrow.

------------------------

The next morning Jungkook arrived to school on time for the first time that week. He shoved all of his useless books inside his locker and checked his hair in the mirror that Jaein had taped to the inside of the locker. Jungkook swung his backpack over his shoulder and shut the door.

 “You were right.”

Jungkook turned his head in the direction of Jaein’s voice. She leaned against the red lockers with her chemistry book hugged tightly against her chest. She looked up at him and gave him a meek smile. “About Wonho. You were right.”

 Before Jungkook could tell her ‘I told you so’ she told him last night’s events. She left no details out about Wonho’s girlfriend and how Shownu had dragged her out of there. His fists tightened by his sides and he became livid. Without a word, Jungkook stalked down the hallway and came to the courtyard where students hung out. His eyes fell onto his target and he saw red. Wonho looked up and grinned at him.

 Jungkook strode up to Wonho and grabbed him by the collar. “What the hell is your problem?” He snarled.

 “All I wanted was to have fun. Is that so wrong?” Wonho threw his head back and laughed.

 “ you!” Jungkook pulled back and rammed his fist into Wonho’s face, knocking him down to his knees. He spat blood and glared up at Jungkook.

 Wonho stood up and wiped his mouth. “You hit like a .” A smirk tugged at the corners of his mouth.

 Jungkook stepped forward to land another hit when Jaein stepped in and pressed her hands against his chest. “Don't.” She whispered. Jungkook’s shoulders moved up and down with anger. He let out a breath of frustration and headed back into the building.

 “You have him wrapped around your finger.” Wonho spat more blood near her shoes. Jaein looked uup at him in disgust. His head whipped to the side when her hand made contact with the side of his face. He stared at her with wide, anger filled eyes.

 It was Jaein’s turn to smirk. She spun around and went in search for Jungkook. She found him on the second floor near her locker. He was pacing back and forth when he suddenly let out a yell and punched the wall. “!” He cradled his injured hand against his chest.

 Jaein's eyes widened in panic. She ran over and took his hand. “What is your problem?!” She yelled, worried for him.

 Jungkook yanked away and hissed in pain when he bumped his hand. Without a word he walked past Jaein, accidentally bumping into her shoulder. Jaein stood there with a crestfallen expression on her face. Tears formed in her eyes.

 The school bell rang.

 Jaein wiped her tears away and reluctantly headed towards classroom 13B.

-------------------

Lunch finally rolled around and Jaein had never exited her favorite art class as quickly as she did just now. She pulled her phone out and pulled up Jungkook’s icon.

 Where are you? She texted him and prayed that he'd respond right away.

 I just walked back in. He messaged back.

 Jaein made her way towards the front of the school. She spotted Jungkook walking up the stairs and grew relieved. “Hey.” Her eyes shifted down to the cast on his arm and her heart sank.

 Jungkook hid his hand behind his back and looked down at her. “It's nothing.”

 “Idiot.” Jaein muttered.

 They looked at each other and mimicked one another's smiles. Jungkook opened his mouth to say something when a soft voice interrupted them. Both of them looked in the direction of Kahi, a pretty girl with fairy-like features.

 “Hi Jungkook. I know this is last minute but I wanted to know if you would like to be my date for the Fall dance tomorrow.” Kahi’s cheeks turned a cute shade of pink.

 Jungkook and Jaein exchanged looks. Jaein wanted to scream “NO!” and haul Jungkook away with her, but remained rooted to her spot. Jungkook saw the hopeful look in Kahi’s eyes and couldn't bear to crush her. “Sure, Kahi.”

 “Really?! I mean...okay...that's great! I'll meet you at the dance at 7 o’clock!” Kahi beamed. She waved good-bye for now and ran to her friends who were waiting for her at the end of the hall.

 Jaein felt the sudden urge to cry again. Jungkook grabbed her elbow. “What's wro-?”

 “I'll talk to you later.” Jaein escaped his hold and ran towards the cafeteria.

--------------------

Jaein was so happy that Friday had come to an end. After a few solid hours of shopping with Seuli and Lizzy, she was ready to sleep for two days. She didn't understand how those two had so much energy. Jaein pushed the front door closed with her foot and dropped her shopping bags on the floor. She skipped her usual late snack and flopped down onto the couch. Her eyes felt heavy with drowsiness and they fluttered. Sleep won and her eyes closed.

 The front door opened and Jungkook strode in. He put his copy of her house key in his pocket and came to a halt. He saw a figure on the couch and leaned over to take a look. A serene smile lit up his face. Whenever Jaein was around, he felt happy. He felt his heart strings being pulled at. He reached down and gently the bridge of her nose. Jaein stirred a little bit and Jungkook pressed his finger between her eyebrows. She fell into a deeper slumber and and exhaled a warm breath.

 

With caution, to not worsen his injured hand, he slipped his arms underneath her and carried her upstairs. He carefully laid her down as to not wake her and placed her phone on the dresser. Jungkook ran his hand through her hair, pushing it away from her face. He pulled the blanket over her and took one more look at her before leaving her to rest.

--------------------

The next day Jaein woke up around noon. She stretched her arms above her head and made a noise of content. A smile lit up her face. She pushed the blanket off her and headed to the bathroom to wash up.

 After changing Jaein made her way downstairs. She rummaged through the fridge in search of lunch. After ten indecisive minutes she chose to make fried rice and pulled out all of the ingredients she needed. She expertly diced up all the vegetables and poured rice along with appropriate amount of water into the rice cooker. She closed the lid and waited. She drummed her finger on the counter and surfed the internet on her phone. Her fingers automatically went to Jungkook’s icon. She stared at his contact picture.


Her finger hovered over the send message button for a few seconds before deciding against it. The rice cooker made a noise, letting her know the rice was ready. Jaein went back to making her vegetable fried rice. When it was done, she grabbed herself a plate and sat down at the dining room table.

Ding dong!

 Jaein put her spoon down and looked at the door with a curious expression. She walked over to the door and pressed the button that allowed her to see who was at the gate of her house. “Hi Jaein!” Seuli and Lizzy waved excitedly. Jaein laughed and let them in.

 She opened the front door for them and welcomed them into the house. “I just woke up an hour ago.”

 Lizzy clucked her tongue. “Shocker.” She joked.

 The girls laughed and Jaein offered them lunch. They ate together and helped Jaein wash dishes after they finished. Seuli gleefully clapped her hands and smiled so big, Lizzy scolded her saying the corners of her lips were going to rip. Seuli waved her comment away and pulled out beauty masks from her bag.

 “We must cleanse and prep the face before we apply makeup.” Seuli patted her cheeks and looked at the other two.

 “Aigoo! Let’s get started then.” Lizzy took a green tea mask and tied her hair up. Seuli and Jaein did the same and chose their desired masks. The three of them sat in front of her bathroom mirror with their legs crossed. Lizzy looked at Jaein through the mirror and frowned slightly. “Are you sure you don’t want to go tonight, Jaein? It’s not too late, still.”

 Seuli turned to look at Jaein as well. “Yeah Jaein! Please?! We’ll have a lot of fun!” Her lips jutted out as she begged.

 Jaein giggled at Seuli’s reaction. “I’m sure.” She nodded, reassuring her friends.

 The three of them spent the rest of the afternoon beautifying themselves before the Fall dance. Jaein curled Seuli’s hair and did Lizzy’s in an intricate braided up-do. She did both girls’ makeup as well. She applied another layer of lip gloss on Seuli’s lips before applying light blush on Lizzy’s smooth cheeks.

 Jaein stepped back and admired her two masterpieces. She beamed and held two thumbs up. “I’m amazing.” She complimented herself and let them look into the mirror.

 “Oh my gosh! You’re amazing!” “Bo Jaein, you really outdid yourself this time.”

 Seuli wrapped her arms around Jaein and jumped up and down with her. Lizzy gave her a high-five and grasped her hand. “Are you sure you don’t want to go?” Lizzy asked one last time.

 Jaein nodded her head with a smile. “I’ll be fine.” She grabbed a large makeup brush and dabbed glitter onto the girls’ collarbones and chest. “Final touch.” She gave them a wink and dusted her hands on a towel.

She let Seuli and Lizzy change into their dresses and headed downstairs. Her doorbell rang and she pressed the button to let the guests in. The front door swung open. Suga and Jin strode into her home.

 “Suga Daddy has arrived Lizzy!” He exclaimed, causing Jaein to burst into laughter.

 Jin shook his head and looked over at her. “Hi Jaein.” He greeted warmly. “Hey Jin.” Jaein replied with equal warmth. They chatted for a few minutes before they heard a whistle from the second floor.

 “We’re ready! Jaein, announce us we descend the stairs!” Seuli hollered. Jaein covered her face and couldn’t help but laugh at her friend.

 Jaein sighed and stood at the base of the stairs. She looked at the boys with a look that said ‘I-can’t-stand-her.’ “How do you put up with her Jin?” Jaein joked.

 “We’re coming!” Seuli stated loudly.

 Jaein scratched the back of her head and glanced up the stairs. “Ladies and gentlemen! Or in this case, just gentlemen. First we have Miss Jung Seuli. She is wearing a formal strapless gown with a jeweled sweetheart neckline. Her eyeliner is on point, might I add. Your stylist is truly amazing.”

 “Ahem.” Seuli held her hand out to Jaein. Jaein rolled her eyes with a grin and led her to Jin. Jin stared down at her and whispered how beautiful she was.

 “Next we have Miss-” “I don’t need an introduction!”

 With a red face, Lizzy came down the stairs and stopped in front of Suga. Suga’s eyes widened to the size of plates and his jaw hung open. It was his first time seeing Lizzy in such attire and he was beyond impressed.

 Lizzy raised an eyebrow at him. “Oh, now you have nothing to say?”

The others laughed at his reaction. Suga shut his mouth and looked her up and down. “Damn you’re gorgeous.”

 “Aww!” Seuli and Jaein cooed, making Lizzy turn even redder. “Zip it!” Lizzy hissed in embarrassment. Jaein took pictures of the two couples and Jin took some of the girls doing silly poses in her living room.

 Jaein sent them off to the dance and headed back inside her house. Her phone vibrated in her pocket and she checked it.

 Help. Now. Please.

 Jaein smiled at Jungkook’s message and walked over to his house. His gate was opened and she went in. She thumped her fist against his front door before entering.


Jungkook stopped in his tracks as he walked by. He was having a difficult time tucking his button down into his dress pants. Jaein chortled and closed the door behind her. “Need help?”

“Hilarious.” Jungkook said dryly. He gave up and raised his arms slightly out of her way. Jaein came around him and tucked the shirt into his pants. Jungkook’s skin tingled and he hoped she didn’t notice how hot and bothered he had become. “Are you okay with me going?” He suddenly asked, catching her off guard.

 Jaein looked up at him. She gave him a small smile. “Don’t worry about me.”

 Jungkook wasn’t convinced. “I can stay if you want me to.” He wished she would tell him to stay and spend the evening with her.

 Jaein adjusted the sleeve so it fit comfortably over his cast. “You made a promise to Kahi.” She undid his tie and fixed it for him. She grabbed his jacket and helped him slide into it. She smoothed it across his shoulders. “I’ll be fine. I’m staying in and ordering pizza probably. I’ll watch some movies.” She did her best to persuade him into believing her.

 Still Jungkook wasn’t sure. “You can stay here if you want.” Jaein pushed him towards the door. “Call me if you get scared of being alone. I’ll come running.”

 Jaein lightly shoved him outside and closed his front door. “Just go already.” Jungkook walked down the steps and stopped once he reached outside the gate. He looked back at her. “Go.” She mouthed. He gave in and walked down the street towards the school. Jaein released a dejected sigh and tightened her grey cardigan over her body. She wanted to ask him to stay with her but couldn’t bring herself to do so. Jaein wanted to tell him that she wasn’t okay with him going to the dance with another girl because she wanted to be the one to go to the dance with him.

 Jaein entered her home and locked the door behind her. She grabbed her cell phone and ordered a large pizza. She waited half an hour for it to arrive and when it did, she headed upstairs to her bedroom. She turned her TV on and played a movie. Her mind preoccupied with the movie playing in front of her that she momentarily forgot about Jungkook.

An hour into the film, Jaein heard a loud thump out on her balcony. She paused the movie and slowly got out of bed. She saw a tall shadow outside her window and her heart thudded in her chest. The doorknob gradually turned and the door opened.

 Jungkook stepped in and Jaein released a breath of relief. “Jeon Jungkook you scared me half to death!”

 Without a word, Jungkook wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her to him. He looked deep into her eyes. Jaein felt her insides turn to mush at the way he looked at her. His usually hard eyes were soft and gentle. His eyes shifted down to her lips and she swallowed, nervous. He pressed his body against hers and ducked his head to meet her lips. Jaein felt weak at once. Jungkook held onto her tightly as his kiss became more intense. His tongue her bottom lip, begging for entrance. Jaein’s lips parted and his hot tongue invaded . Her hands became tangled in his dark hair as she kissed back eagerly.  

 After a minute, Jungkook broke the kiss and pressed his sweaty forehead against hers. “I love you.”

----------------------

On Monday morning Jaein made her way towards her chemistry class and took her seat. The tardy bell had just rung when Jungkook and V raced in. Teacher Lim gave them disapproving looks and shook his head. He brushed them off and began to write on the board.

Jungkook met eyes with Jaein and gave her a playful smirk. She sat up as he made his way towards his seat. He ducked down and pressed his lips against her temple. “Good morning, my princess.” He whispered sweetly. Butterflies fluttered in Jaein’s tummy. She loved the pet name he had given her.

 “Take your seat Jeon Jungkook.” Teacher Lim warned.

 Jungkook made a face that caused Jaein to giggle, but didn’t argue. He sat in the chair and played with her hair. Jaein’s lips stretched out into a smile. His touch made her feel calm and happy inside. She let him twirl her hair around his fingers throughout the entire lesson without complaint.

 

 

When the bell rang for lunch, Jaein made her way towards her locker. She climbed the stairs and saw her favorite person waiting for her.

Jungkook looked up and met eyes with her. He beckoned her with his finger and she walked up to him. He cupped her chin with his good hand and pressed his lips against hers. Jaein loved the feeling of Jungkook’s soft lips and wished the moment didn’t have to end.

 “Are you staying for lunch?” She asked.

 Jungkook frowned. “Not today, my princess.”

 “Tch. You’re lame.” She let go of his hand and scowled.

He laughed and grabbed hold of her hand again. “You’ll see me later. I promise.” He kissed the back of her hand and lead her away.

They came to the bleachers near the gymnasium. The rest of the boys were there waiting for Jungkook and jumped the wall when they saw him. Rap Monster and Jimin waved and jumped over.

 “Where are you guys going?” Jaein questioned.

“To take care of business.” Jungkook replied and pecked her on the lips. He couldn’t get enough of her. He hopped onto the bleachers and looked down at her. He stepped down and captured her lips once more. “I love you, my princess.”

Jaein’s eyes fluttered open and she sweetly smiled at him. “I love you too Jeon Jungkook.”

Jungkook swung a leg over the wall and blew her a kiss before disappearing.


I miss you already Jungkook. Jaein sighed and headed inside towards the cafeteria. Seuli and Lizzy bombarded her before she could take a seat.

 

“You have some explaining to do!” Seuli exclaimed, referencing Jungkook.

“You owe me fifty bucks, Seuil.” Lizzy cackled and held her hand out.

Seuli banged her fist on the table and glared at Lizzy. “Damn it.” She cursed. Jaein covered her face in embarrassment and giggled. “Spill it sister!” Seuli wailed.