Chapter 1 'Fateful Encounter'

The 'Unplanned' Trip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-------------------

 

‘Wake up, Jessi!’ Tiffany tugged her blanket out.

 

Jessica mentally cursed Tiffany before hiding her face under a soft pillow. She just wanted her sleep and wasn’t going to get out her bed unless there was something important. Or was there something really important to do?

 

‘Jessi!” Tiffany suddenly raised her voice and again, teared her blanket off her.

 

‘Why do I have to get up so early?’ Jessica squirmed and hesitantly, sat up in a very slow motion.

 

‘Come on, Jessi.’ Tiffany slowly walked into the hotel’s window and quickly released the curtain, letting the sunlight flooded into the room,’ It’s not that early anymore.’ Said Tiffany in her vicious tone. She was chuckled and shaking her head, couldn’t stop grinning of her sister’s odd sleeping behavior.

 

‘So?’ Jessica scoffed.

 

‘You won’t waste your time in the hotel, Jessi. We’ve got plenty of things to do in here.’ Tiffany walked back toward the bed and sits at the edge of the bed. ‘I promise you won’t regret enjoying your time in Melbourne, Jessi. We’re going to have fun so much fun! shopping, enjoying dessert, many more!’ She was excitedly blabbering, then turned around to meet Jessica’s sleepy eyes, smiling.

 

‘Hoahmmm….yeah, yeah. Whatever, Tiff, you’re always winning.’ Jessica yawned and still had no enthusiasm of getting out of bed. But then, Jessica decided that she was not going to debate her sister anymore or she would have to prepare to receive a scolding call from her parents in Seoul. Jessica exactly knew that Tiffany would eventually told them every single thing she does, including her sleeping pattern, and it was not going to be a good idea to receive a long lecture from her parents, as what she normally got, almost every single time and everyday in Seoul. Getting warned about that thought makes Jessica immediately got annoyed, so she sluggishly rolled out of bed and heads out to the bathroom.

 

‘Yess, that’s my little sister!’ Tiffany ran triumphantly towards her and suddenly pecked Jessica’s left cheek.

 

‘YAH!’ Jessica shrieked as she’s unprepared with Tiffany’s abrupt lovey dovey action.’Eww…this is gross!’ She glared dangerously into Tiffany, ready to pierce her out, only to be responded with her sister’s grin and trademark laughter.

 

‘Aww, sissy… you’re so cute when you’re angry.’ Tiffany patted Jesssica’s head playfully, then quickly heading towards the door before Jessica could chop her into pieces, still smiling at her. ‘Me & Taeng will be waiting for you downstairs’. And in a split second, Tiffany was gone.

 

Tiffany Jung, or soon to be Tiffany Kim, Jessica’s older sister, was twenty-five years old, beautiful, smart and perfect in every way. From her parents, her grandparents, her high school until her university almamaters, they always felt proud of Tiffany. At home, Tiffany was very obedient towards her parents and skillful in cooking. Academically, she had always maintained her first rank position and even received a perfect -laude in her business degree. Not only Tiffany was excelled in her academic achievement, but her caring and warm characters made her admired and loved by everyone, including little children and elderly people. Tiffany had also started and co-founded her own charitable organization since she was sixteen and until now, managed to raise more than hundred-thousands of dollars to reduce poverty. And now, Tiffany was engaged to her college-sweetheart, Kim Taeng, the heir of one of Korea’s wealthiest enterprise and they are getting married in one week.

 

What a perfect life of Tiffany Jung. Jessica sighed while brushing her teeth. It’s not that she hated or envied her. Well, perhaps could be a little envious. But, she didn’t and even can’t hate her because she knows Tiffany really loved and cared about her. Oftentimes, Tiffany got up early in the morning to cook her breakfast and packed her lunchbox. Tiffany also the one who always waited and picked her up from school, baked a delicious cake and held a surprise party for her birthday, and not to be mentioned..paid for the Melbourne trip.  

 

And in comparison to her, Jessica was always her parents’ second favorite and considered to be rebellious. She was lazy and didn’t know how to cook. She had always possessed a cold demeanor, resulting people are often getting frightened by her. Even though visually she was actually as appealing as Tiffany’s, her potential high school suitors would have eventually decided to pursue other girl and did not even make a great effort to chase her. Most of the times, Jessica preferred to be alone rather than socializing, immersing herself in her hobby of watching Disney Movies and sketching out a drawing. She could spend most of her day on her chair and table, drawing, coloring or painting, and is not going to stop unless her parents shouts her out to go down for dinner. Academically, her grades were just average and Jessica was perfectly fine with it as she was not that motivated enough to get into the first rank. And now, Tiffany was soon to be married to her ‘dream’ prince, Jessica always wondered when would she meet her prince charming, like Cinderella, Snow White or even Princess Anna in Disney movies? Would there be a prince charming, who was going to search her life out to find her? Would she also be given a chance to have a sweet love story like Tiffany’s? Or maybe, would she meet her prince charming in other country outside Korea? Or perhaps, her fairy tale story could have started in here, the city of Melbourne?

 

As Jessica was imagining about that thoughts, she mentally laughed about it. I barely knew anyone in here, were you dreaming, Jessica?

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Meanwhile, on the other side of Melbourne City…

 

The door loudly opened before they slammed shut and a teenage boy walked abruptly and almost accidentally bumped into a waitress, who’s holding a cup of hot tea on a tray.

 

‘Watch out, Kid!!’ yelled the waitress.

 

‘Pardon, Miss.’ Replied the boy in a nonchalant manner and saluted the waitress while walking hastily towards the last row of the table. He then set his eyes upon the long black-hair girl who’s back was facing him and immediately, a handsome smirk was forming from his lips.

 

‘Hey babe…’ The boy sneakily wrapped his arms around the girl’s waist from behind.

 

His sudden action jolted the girl right out of her position and quickly turns around to face the suspect. ‘Omg, Yul! You’ve almost given me a heart attack!’ Shrieked the girl and displeasingly turned her head away against his face that only four inches away from her.

 

Slightly disappointed by her reaction, Yul unwrapped his arms from her waist and stepped forward to sit at her opposite direction.

 

Yul looked and smiled into her, but she did not smile in return. He was beginning to frown and hardened his eyes. ‘Hey babe, you suppose to be greet me with a hug. I flew almost 16 hours away from home and that’s not really the respond I want to receive from you.’ He muttered unhappily.

 

‘Why should I suppose to give you a hug?’ The girl cocked her eyebrow, actually felt offended by Yul’s remark. ’People will think we are in a relationship, Yul and I’m very uncomfortable with it.’ The girl replied coldly.

 

‘And don’t call me with that name, please’.

 

Yul was flinched from the bitter and cold words that were spewing out from the girl’s mouth.

 

‘Su…zy, w-hy?what did I do?’ He stared at her for a moment, a confusion and hurt looks taking over his face.

 

‘Listen, Yul.. I don’t have much time explaining or reasoning with you. As you have already known, from the start, I’m not your girlfriend or you are my boyfriend. And I wish we won’t even proceed into that term!’ Suzy seemed to get boiled while uttering her words.

 

Yul’s mouth ran dry and couldn’t even move. He was shocked into silence as he had no idea why Suzy suddenly transformed from a cheerfully warmth girl into a new, cold person. He didn’t know what wrong things or mistakes he had done to her, but he knew that she was right. At the first place they were not a couple. They were just friends. Or could be said, very close friends. Yul was aware that their circle of friends and family often have mistaken them as if they’re in a relationship because of their closeness and frequent skinship. They almost acted like what normal couple did, holding hands, hugging, hanging out, teasing, joking or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter