Chapter 3

Could have been Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The group decided to take a walk after the dinner. It was dark outside, but still warm enough for them to take their jackets off. Jimin was missing, but Jungkook didn't really care, his focus being taken by something else. The group split into tinier groups, Jongin with a few of his friends and his two brothers, the other part of his friends walking separately with Seokjin, Namjoon and Jungkook himself. Jin was excitedly telling about his own wedding, Namjoon occasionally nodding along. But the ravenette wasn't listening, his attention on the pair walking in front of him. Somehow Jongin´s little sister had managed to get Taehyung away from the others and the way she was clutching onto the brunets arm was making Jungkooks stomach twist uncomfortably. He didn't know why and he was pretty sure he didn't want to either. He was pissed off by the way Hyeon laughed. Even more annoying was that Taehyung joined in with an equally as loud laugh. Deciding to do something about it he excused himself from Seokjin and ran up behind the couple. With an extremely loud and obviously fake cough the ravenette announced his presence, making Taehyung and Hyeon stop walking and turn around. The girl was looking expectantly at him so Jungkook shot her his best fake smile.

“I'd like to speak to Taehyung, could you kindly leave, please?” His voice was sickeningly sweet and he just really wanted to tell her to off. But she was his future sister in law, he had to compose himself. For Jongin's sake. Hyeon was scowling at Jungkook, seemingly not pleased with the idea of leaving the brunets side. With a tiny flick of her wrist, her long, perfectly straight, black hair flew over her shoulder in a y manner. She stared at the ravenette for a few more seconds before stomping off with an annoyed “Fine!”. There was a short silence, then Taehyung spoke up. “Jungkook? What did you want to talk about?” Suddenly the ravenette realized what he had done. He was alone with Taehyung and now he was headed straight for an awkward situation. His plan was only to get Hyeon away from Taehyung (and he had no clue why), there was actually no intention of talking to the older. Said boy was looking cutely at him with his big, brown doe eyes, expecting the ravenette to talk. So Jungkook spilled out the first thing that came to his mind. “You know we hadn't had the chance to catch up yet. Five years are a long time. What happened to you after … you know”. It was true, Jungkook had been thinking about it a lot. The brunet looked thoughtfully at him for a moment, before breaking out into a grin. “Yeah, your right. Let's talk!”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

In the next 20 minutes th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter