Chapter 21: Game

Faking crush on me

Annyeong, I'm back again!

I was dying to write and here, I am. Hehe. did I take too long hiatus? Honestly, I don't have that much free time but never mind. I was afraid, if I abandoned this story too long, I wil possibly lose some of my readers. 

Hope you guys enjoy!


 

I open my mouth to say something, but closing back when there's no accurate question for it. I mean, since when Soyeong has been this deep person to me. She is like speaking more implicit with me that caused me hard to catch it well. I'd admit it, I'm a bit slow in almost everything. Sad thing about me. At the end, The atmosphere turned abrupt quiet and awkward around us, upon nope of us try to make any conversation anymore.

I squint my eyes to Daehyun, and he just sits there and eat his egg silently while watching the show on television. The side profile of him is strangely beautiful and I'm not sure why am I thinking like this. It's probably because of his wet hair and his plump lips which make him look that way or, maybe bacause of those light blue pyjamas that make him look less like a rich guy. Usually, I see him in fancy clothes but now, he just looks like an average boy who are almost normal than I've ever seen.

I think my gaze is strong enough, when he abruptly turn his head and meet my eyes as if sensing that I'm staring over him. I flinch, for getting caught. His lips formed a friendly smile which hoping a return from me. My cheeks heat up upon his smile and I can't bear it easily as I look down immediately, watching the cold floor beneath me. I take an egg in my hand and peel them like there's nothing happened a while ago.

On the other hand, Jongup appears and walk in with his fresh face. He is the longest one taking the bath. This guy, always unpredictable. I nudge Soyeong by the elbow and she turns to me before running her gaze at the boy who she is crushing on. Her face is turning shade of pink, but then run her eyes away. I chuckle lowly.

As soon as he arrived in front of us, he sets himself down right next to Daehyun and facing me. I throw him a small mockery smile "You're late"

Jongup rolls up her eyes to my words.

"He always like that" Daehyun interrupted, replying on behalf on him. I ignore him, nor looking in his way on purpose.

"Anyway, what are we going to do after this?" I ask, stuffing the egg in my mouth. Jongup gives a simple shrug, taking out his earphones and plugged in both of his ears. I scoff, and turning to look at Soyeong. She is paying attention on me. I mean, she is looking at my face.

"I'm bored already" I tell her. She startled as upright her body immediately. I guess, she is not literally paying attention. She just spaced out. I take a heavy sigh.

"Let's just play with me instead" Daehyun says to me out of nowhere. My eyes meet his immediately and he shows me his cute smile in an innocent way.

"Who wanna play with you, though?" I arrogantly stated, avoiding his gaze any longer. He giggles, knowing that he just tried to tease me and watch me excitable. This guy, he always poke the button inside me to make fun with me. I groan under my breath and take a brief glance at the time on my screen phone. It's still early and the prom left like an hour before it ends.

"Seriously, let's do something or play anything" Daehyum suddenly exclaims to us and trying to draw our attentions. His expression turned a bit serious than a minute ago. I bet, he is bored too like me. His eyes wander hardly on our faces before his hand yanks off an earphone in Jongup's ear.

"Hyung, What the " Jongup gives an unsatisfied gaze over the older. He had been so into in it yet his Hyung ruined it well.

"Can't you leave it aside for a second? We need to do something at least" Daehyun speaks up smoothly.

Jongup clicks his tongue once "Just take a nap"

He is about to put it back, but Daehyun prevents him again. "Don't be such a stubborn or I will rip off the thing" He started to threaten the male. I can't believe he did that. His lips twist in the corner in a crafty sly smirk.

And surprisingly, Jongup did obey him even there's a slight whinge. "I can't believe you're being-

He stops halfway when noticing both me and Soyeong are watching him in totally focus, Jongup clears his throat slightly then making himself busy which shoving the thing in his pocket pyjamas.

"So.." Daehyun's voice distracted us an instant.

"Do you want to play a game?" He asked, looking back and forth to us while Jongup rolls up his eyes secretly, totally uninteresting in whatever his Hyung is planning now. Aren't they come to relax their bodies? He lets out a silent groan.

Me and Soyeong exchange the gaze before giving in "Ok" we said in unison.

Daehyun grins "How about truth or dare?" He firstly suggested.

"Lame" Jongup mutters right before I be able to complain about it. I squint my eyes over him, and trust me. His face grows more boring than he already had.

"No" I follow along to against that kind of game. It's sound crazy and seriously need to avoid it. I don't want to reveal anything that shouldn't, also I don't want to do something stupid where I'm already am. Well, I know this game is quite popular, but no. Not playing with me.

Daehyun pouts to our reluctance. His face shows unsatisfactory while Soyeong is trapping between confusion and the chaos that's happening in front of her. For her, it's cool to play anything because she loves challenge.

"Hyung, I thought you're old enough to even think a mature things" Jongup adds, when he'd been noticed Daehyun's sort of childish expression that might him to throw out right away, over here.

He looks over Jongup "I'm being who I am" He defends.

"You're not, because I've never seen you like this" Jongup retorts in completely frustrated.

"Why would I show to you though? is not like you're the one who I'm going to win over"

Everything turns silent and I'm not sure why both Jongup and Soyeong are focusing on me right now. A few seconds passed and Jongup clears his throat quite loud while Soyeong has this cheesy smile on her face. I'm confused for a second. I look at Daehyun and he is looking away, chewing on his bottom lip. I think I'm sort of left out from the topic, so I just remain silent, say nothing. Don't want to interrupt.

"Just play something else" Jongup said eventually, his voice changed a bit from a minute ago. I can sense an awkwardness around us yet I don't have any idea.

"Right, How about king game?" Soyeong decided to talk and didn't miss a chance to throw the suggestion too. Three of us move our gazes on her and frown. I never heard of that game before, so do Jongup and Daehyun, when they have the same expression as mine. Noticing the way Jongup's eyes land to her, she seems nervous and scratching her chin timidly. It's cute somehow.

"I've seen this game where they play in japan and they are quite fun to play.." It's funny when her voice grows slower, partly unsure.

"I'm in" I exclaim immediately, Even I'm not so sure about the rules of the game yet- but at least, it's not truth or dare.

"It sounds fun" Daehyun smiles.

and Jongup seems like don't have other choice "Alright"

...

So here we go, according to Soyeong. Since the player is four poeple. There's like four single chopsticks which writting a digit numbers on each of them, from 1 to 3 and the last one going to be 'King'. She even got us papers and pens and make us to write down some penalties that we would want the selected to do when we play the game. I figure out, it's going to be good and enjoyable. After done, we folds the papers into small and mix up all together, so nobody will know the papers belong to whose. For some reason, I feel a bit restless because I don't know what kind of requests in there. I can't trust neither, Jongup's or Daehyun's. Their minds are totally different compare to girls. They could be absurd and insane.

Soyeong holds up an empty cup and put 4 chopsticks in it. She shakes it in front of us and whoever get 'King' just in case, to be considered as the lucky one. The king will draw one of the penalties and unfortunately, who got the number, they are going to do whatever the paper said it.

We start to scramble over once Soyeong placed the cup down on the floor, and she is the last one to take it. "Don't look at it yet" She warns and we obeyed it. We cover them with our hands before Soyeong begins to count for us "One, two.. three!"

I quickly peek on it and to my disappointment, I got number 1 and there's a sudden small whoop from Daehyun in front of me. He shows up a chopstick that written 'king' on it. I don't know, he is that lucky while Jongup slumps his shoulders down, his face becomes expressionless as always.

"Yes! I'm the king" Daehyun announced, then drawing one the penalty. He looks super excited now as his face shows it. He impatiently opens and read them out loud for us to listen too.

"Number 2 needs to kiss number 1 on the cheek"

A moment of silent passed by.

"Who it is?" Soyeong asks when nope of them give an respond.

To be honest, it's not as scary as I thought. The request is not that extreme like I've imagined, so I quickly admit it "I'm number 1"

And we are waiting the number 2 to be revealed, there's between Soyeong and Jongup, and either of them I'm totally fine to be kissed. It's just on the cheek though which not a big deal to me.

"Me. Number 2" Jongup shows his chopstick to us and he grins.

"Is not this interesting, Hyung?" Jongup suddenly asks Daehyun and I looks over him. His face had changed which I didn't realize before. It's so tense but then, he breaks into smile when he caught me staring to him.

"Sure, Jongup "He finally admitted as his smile is turning into another one, a glimpse of smirk perhaps. I'm not sure.

"Do you want me to come over, or you come to me?" Jongup's voice breaks my short trance. I snap and gazing at him. I feel a bit wrong for a second. So, I squint briefly over Soyeong. She is showing a normal facial expression as if didn't impress her at all, because I know she likes this boy.

"I was the one wrote that" She quietly tells me when noticing my worried face. I mouthed her 'Ok' before focusing on Jongup who are waiting for my answer.

"Come here" I say.

Since he is infront of me, it's easier for him to reach me. Without saying anything, he comes over and grab my neck from behind. I'm startled and wide my eyes. I look at him.

"Sorry, Hana" He apologized. Yeah, because it's just a game.

I squeeze my eyes shut and turn over, waiting for him to kiss me on the cheek. He slowly leans in and when his lips about to touch my cheek skin. Someone grabs him away from me.

Chu!

"What the .."

I open my eyes and found Jongup's disgusting face in front of me. Daehyun is grinning wide while Soyeong covers in surprised, didn't see that coming.

"It's over" Daehyun states. His face looks somehow relief.

"You're gross, Hyung." Jongup sounds pissed off and his hand hardly wipe off his cheek where he got a kiss a minute ago. I laugh at it and let it off.

"I'm trying to be fair, right Hana?" Daehyun looks at me and my laugh died right away, replacing which I blink my eyes in confusion.

He doesn't seems to explain to me, instead throw me his usual smile. His hands collect the chopsticks again and put them in the cup back for the second round.

We did the same again and this time, Daehyun who the one took it last. Once I get mine, I look at it an instant.

'King'

"Aha! I got king!" I almost shriek, while holding out the chopstick in front of their faces.

Thanks god, I'm out from being the next victim. I notice, Jongup's face looks so gloom compared to earlier and I want to laugh over it.

"Lucky you" Soyeong comments and her face is starting to worry. Probably thinking about what kind of penalty they need to do it.

I stare at the pile of papers in front of me and carefully draw one of them. I unfold it and read them silently.

'Number 1 need to do a y dance for at least one minute'

I feel my blood rush over within my body and secretly grateful Daehyun didn't pick this one because I was number 1 before. I take a deep breath, whoever is number 1, I'd feel sorry for it.

I turn it over and let them read themselves. "Who is number 1?"

"Not me" Daehyun shows his number instantly, which is 3.

I run my eyes on Jongup, but he didn't say anything instead holds up the chopstick to me. It was written number 2. So, that means..

I tilt my head to look at Soyeong beside me and she is only remain silent by her spot. Now, I feel more sorry, especially to her. Is not the request is a bit too much? I can see she is in fidget.

"Should we stop this game?" I mutter to her, reaching her arm. She lifts up her head to me and I found her expression is absolutely calm than I thought. She shakes her head in refused.

"No, I'm fine. I'll do it" She says in more confident. No offense, I'm a bit surprised over it but smile to her, let her doing so. I bet, she doesn't want to make her price to be ruined, she was the one suggested this game after all.

"Who gonna play the music?" Soyeong asks while forcing a smile on her lips. I'm worried.

"I will" Out of nowhere, Jongup offers himself and fish out his phone from the pocket. Since he loves music so much he must has a good taste in it.

"Okay" She is about to stand up, but I hold her for a second.

"Are you sure, Soyeong?"

"Don't worry" She smiles, it's soften than a minute ago. Suddenly, She takes off her glasses and give it to me. I just take it without a word anymore.

She stands up, towering us. There's fewer people around us, that make her feel less worry. Jongup is hesitated and when she shyly nods to him, he starts to play one of American artist's song.

She didn't dance yet, when she slowly pulls the towel hat off her head and let her long hair loose over her shoulders. I've seen her without glasses before, so there's nothing new for me but when I look at Jongup. He is stunning over her new image, probably didn't see that coming while Daehyun is like anticipating of it.

She turns around and show her back against us, before starting to dance. She swings her body slowly then her movement begin to follow the beat of the music. She turns to us and make a body wave in seduction way. I don't think she can see our faces that clear since her eyesight quite bad. Her hands are running through her slender body and she throws her head before playing with her hair. After some more movements, she ends with the best pose.

There's a few silents, when she suddenly covers her face with her palms, completely embarrassing for what had she done a while ago. She bows low and quickly mutter "Sorry" to us. I'm still speechless over her unexpected dance which didn't give her any responses at all. She feels more ashamed as run out from the room, leaving us in hanging jaws.

"Wow, I don't know she can dance that well" Daehyun is the first one, to break the silent, clapping his hands a bit.

"I never see her like that" Which is true. Soyeong is shy person indeed, so it just taken aback. I notice, Jongup has actual same reaction like mine. I really want to know what is he thinking after seeing Soyeong like that.

 

​​​​​

 

 

 

​​​​

 

​​​​


Yesterday was Daehyun's Birthday - 28 June 1993

So, Happy Birthday to him! <3