Skeptic

Deception

The ground vibrated as to alert the commuters that the next train was about to come in. The commuters abrubtly crowded the subway platform, looking as if they were about to fight each other, hoping to just get a seat. You reminded yourself why you even took the subway today. You hated using the public transportation the most. But you also reminded yourself that you wanted answers. You wanted answers to your questions that were always left unanswered. Questions that Soonyoung always tries to avoid. The subway tube was rather busy for a Monday afternoon. You dodged the people as you walked to the next tube, hoping to at least find an empty seat. Instead of finding a seat though, you found your boyfriend leaning against the glass door. 

You've always nagged him about that. "Soonyoung, if you love me and yourself, please stop leaning on the goddamn door. It might break." This time though, a different woman was doing the job for you. It's as if time had stood still, freezing you from your spot, not allowing you to run away. You can feel the stinging burn dominate your eyes but you tried to fight it back. You wanted to disappear and melt into the ground. And as if the gods were listening to your wishes, the train reached the next stop and stopped, throwing you down onto the floor. Not exactly what you were wishing for but yes, now you're on the ground.

By this time, everyone's attention were on you. It was a very bad fall. Tears blurred your vision and you found yourself crying uncontrollably. Was it the pain and humiliation that  made you start bawling or was it the pain Soonyoung has brough you these past months? Now you really wanted to just die on the spot. "Babe? What are you doing? Hurry and help her up." Tears blurred your vision. Just as you were about to wipe your eyes, warm hands were extended into your sight. You wanted to get out of the damn subway and lock yourself in your room for the rest of eternity. You quickly grabbed the hand while sobbing, like a baby desperately crying for its mother. 

You looked up to see Soonyoung with his hands entwined with yours and a set of bewildered eyes, almost as if tantalizing you. "Soonyoung-ah." It was a gentle whisper, gentle enough to lull a baby to sleep though it didn't quite look gentle seeing the reaction Soonyoung gave you. You ran out of the subway as fast as possible as Soonyoung and the girl followed behind. You find yourself dodging the people on the platform once again, trying not to collide and knock yourself into people. "Babe! Wait!" Something must have malfunctioned inside your brain and finally stopped. Wiping your tears away, you turned around to face the man of your dreams, only this time, he was with some other girl from god knows where he picked up.

"Babe, what are you doing in here? You hate public transporations so much!" Shaking, Soonyoung held you straight, he's always had that skill. He always knows how to get into your head. It's as if he read your thoughts and held you firmly, because you knew in your mind that you were about to crumble into pieces in a matter of seconds. You wanted to surrender. Surrender right into his arms but you held your ground. "I could ask you the same thing. Last time I checked I was your only girlfriend." 

"What is she blabbering about babe?" I had to fight the burning urge to rip Soonyoung's new girlfriend apart, if you could put it like that. He did cheat on you with a new girl. So technically, she is now his new girlfriend. But before you could though, the girl hisses at him and walks away. Soonyoung follows her body with his oh-so-sharp eyes, but never moves nonetheless. 

"How could you do this to me?" Your voice cracked. He opened his mouth to say something but decided not to. It looked like he had an explanation but is refusing to come out of his mouth. You started to walk away with him trailing closely behind. You must have walked for a good 10 minutes before you realized he was still behind you. You wanted to curse at him, punch him, banish him but what in the world would it do? The damage has been done and you don't think you'll ever be the same again.

"'I'm so sorry." You didn't realize such simple words could cut through your soul until this day. He held your hands tightly, though you fought free from his grasp. "I'm really sorry." He ruffled his hair in frustation, realizing what he had just done. He couldn't find the right words to say, he wanted to console you but all that came out was a loud frustrated scream, followed by him punching a light post. 

"How long?" You held out your palm in front of the post, stopping him from further hurting his beautiful hand. You stared at his balled fist into yours. Your remembered how you always griped about how his hands were much more prettier than yours, "I mean, how long has this been happening Soonyoung?" 

He didn't answer. Though the chatters of passerbys dominated the street, the silence between the two of you dominated your mind. Suddenly, he let out a faint cough, as if clearing his throat to finally speak. And he did.

"3 months."