4. Can You See Me?

Can You See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Hyungjun was still very comfortably burrowed in his bed, sleeping. It was seven in the morning, Saturday. Kibum went inside his room slowly, as not to disturb his hyung. He knew his brother came in at around three in the morning after work. He was the one who opened the door for him. 

Opening the drawer beside the bed very slowly, he poked through the various things in it. Smiling when he found what he was looking for he closed it silently. Just then a phone rang, his brother mumbled under the blanket squirming a little. Kibum looked around to turn the phone off, he remembered Hyungjun said he doesn't have any early schedule today so he'll sleep through it.

He was still looking around for the phone when Hyungjun emerged from the blanket, eyes still closed, mumbling. Kibum doesn't know if he was talking in his sleep again so he ignored him still looking around for the culprit.

"Where is it?" Hyungjun garbled words his hand waving in the air.

"Huh?!" Kibum said.

"My handphone Kibum, give it to me." Still very sleepy, his vocie very low.

Understanding his brother he kept looking and found it under a pile of magazines on the floor. 

"Do you want me to turn if off?" He asked him.

"Ani, I'll answer it. Might be Kyujongie." He said. Kibum gave him the phone and went of his room. Without looking on who's the early caller he answered the phone.

"Yeobossaeyo." He answered in his sleepy voice.

"Dhe yeobossaeyo. Mianhae oppa, it's Nina." The other party answered.

"Oh Nina, waeyo?" He asked.

"I just want to ask something. It's about Aiko and Youngsaeng oppa. How long have they've been friends?" Nina asked curiously.

Hyungjun was still not in his normal state and just answered the question.

"From what I know , about four years ago. They met in program hyung was doing that time. She's one of the writers of the show. They have been very close friends since then. That's how we came to know her through Youngsaeng hyung. Though I think she resigned being a writer for varieties because of the schedules. I heard she's applying to be a reporter, well she's a mass communication graduate so it just fits. Any more questions?" Hyungjun said sounding still sleepy. The woman on the other line chuckled.

"For a sleepy person you're very talkative." Nina said.

"Deh arasso. Annyeong!" Hyungjun said quickly turning off the phone and tossing it somewhere. He burrowed himself again in the blanket getting back to sleep.

On the other side Nina looked at her phone in disbelief.

"That was.....unexpected." She said shaking her head. Placing her phone down then she stood and looked at the window. She could almost see the whole of Seoul from where she is. 

Youngsaeng was doing his part inside the booth when Aiko came in the recording studio. He saw Hyungjun and Kyujong by the couch seriously reading and learning their part. They were unaware of her arrival and she kept quiet since recording is going on. She just smiled and nodded at the producer and two other people there. She slowly made her way beside Kyujong since he's the closest and sat beside him. 

Kyujong looked beside a the new comer and smiled brightly.

"Annyeong, you look....pretty....today." He complimented her but made a face.

Aiko blushed, she's still not used to compliments but her sister gave her pointers on this.

"Thank you oppa." She simply said and smiled.

"Wait. There's something about you. Did you do something?" Kyujong said, now focused on her.

"Nothing oppa, what did I do aside from trying to be my sisters guinea pig." She chuckled.

"She called you oppa." Hyungjun interjected still looking at the lyrics sheet.

"Oh right, you never call me oppa and you don't dress like that. It's not you but from what you said, Aira is doing this to you?" Kyujong looked amused.

Aiko rolled her eyes at him just then her stomach grumbled. She felt a bit embarrased by it she tried to hide by Kyujongs back giggling.

"Well at least something still hasn't changed." Hyungjun joked.

Kyujong chuckled and Aiko slapped his arm lightly for laughing, then she pouted.

"Aigoo, uri Ike is doing the cutesy stuff now too?" Kyujong pinched her cheek.

"Yah!" She pulled his hand from her cheek and pouted more.

 

Meanwhile on the other side of the studio.

"Sorry can we do that again Youngsaeng." One of the directors suddenly said.

Youngsaeng who was inside the booth had seen everything and he was not feeling happy about it making him loose concentration.

"Youngsaeng!" The producer said a bit louder this time.

The silent man jumped and looked back at the producer with wide eyes. The other people looked at him too including Kyujong, Hyungjun and Aiko. 

He felt a bit embarrassed by it and answered politely his head bowed lightly.

"Mianhaeyo sajang nim, what was that again?"

The producer breathed deeply.

"Maybe we should take a break for a moment. I have to call someone any way. Thirty minutes break!" He told him as he took off his headphones and slowly walked out the door while looking at his hand phone.

Youngsaeng on the other hand is having trouble whether to walk out of the booth or just stay there. In the end walking out won. 

The three were still sitting on the couch and talking when he stepped out of the recording studio. They were busy talking, they didn't notice the recording was halted until Youngsaeng bounced his way to the empty couch across them. 

"Oh you're finished already? That was..... fast." Hyungjun looked confused. As far as he knows, his hyung entered just twenty minutes ago.

"Ani,hyung said he has to call someone." He said not meeting their eyes, picking up a magazine and going though the pages. Ignoring them. 

Kyujong sensed something but didn't say anything, looking back at Ike he smiled. 

"That's strange, stopping a recording which just started to answer a phone call?" Hyungjun looking confused, he pouted. "Are you sure it's not because you're giving him an attitude?" Saying it bluntly.

Youngsaeng gave him a death glare, then a flying magazine met maknaes h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter