Chapter 3 - Appropriately Dressed

Every Time I Fall

The member’s were heading back to the dorm, each one stretching and groaning at their aching muscles. Yoongi trudged behind the lot, lost in his own thoughts. Taehyung noticing the elder lagging behind, slowed down to match pace beside him.

“Nice tumble you had back there,” he grinned.

“Shut up,” Yoongi responded, making a point of not looking at the boy with the bright orange hair beside him.

Grin becoming even wider, Taehyung continued, “bet you enjoyed it”.

At the younger’s sudden announcement, Yoongi’s steps faltered a bit and he turned to face him, shock written on his face.

“Wha..What are you on about?” he stuttered.

“I think you know what I mean,” Taehyung laughed out loudly. “No point in denying it. We all know. You’d have to be blind not to see it.” Frowning slightly at this Taehyung rephrased, “well maybe not blind because he hasn’t seemed to have caught on, but pretty damn oblivious.”

The coloured drained from Yoongi’s face at this statement.

“You… know?” he quietly asked.

Clearing enjoying Yoongi’s look of distraught on his face, Taehyung went on, “I’m pretty sure I just said that. Namjoon, Hoseok,” checking off each member with his fingers as he went on, “Kookie and me all know. Before you even caught on yourself”.

Taehyung was practically skipping by now – a stark contrast to the boy beside him who looked as though he’d just been told Santa Claus wasn’t real.

“You’re not going to…,” Yoongi attempted to start but the words were caught in his throat.

“I’m not going to what?” the flame haired boy sing-songed beside him.

“You’re not going to… tell him…are you?” Yoongi eyed his dongsaeng, visibly pleading with him.

His already large grin, turned into a full-blown smile and Taehyung sniggered back, “now where would be the fun in that? It’s funnier seeing you suffer,” before deftly skipping off to join the other’s who had put quite a distance between the two.

For the second time that day already, Yoongi felt a headache begin to form. He massaged his temples as he dragged himself along, silently cursing Taehyung and the other’s.

~~~

“I call dibs on the shower first!” An already stripping Hoseok yelled out. Running past Yoongi who had just entered the dorm, in the process.  

Still peeved at his earlier encounter with Taehyung, Yoongi made his way to his room and flopped down on his bed, covering his eyes with his arm.

“I can’t believe that kid” he grumbled to no one in particular, so he was surprised when he received a response.

“What kid?” Jin asked as he entered the room, plopping down onto his own bed.

“You should know,” Yoongi muttered. “That pumpkin-haired kid who can’t stop grinning all the bloody time”.

“Ah,” understanding coming through Jin’s voice, “Taehyung.”

From his position on the bed Yoongi mumbled an incoherent sound of affirmation.

“But why? What’d he do this time?” the elder questioned, while leaning forward and putting his face in his hands.

Yoongi rolled over to his side and opened his eyes, giving an annoyed look to his hyung. He let a deep sigh.

“Jimin.” Was all Yoongi uttered but it was enough for a look of comprehension to cross over Jin’s face.

Trying to fight back a grin – lest he be given the cold shoulder from the younger, Jin attempted to continue the conversation.

“So he told you we know?”

A grumbled ‘yes’ made it’s way to Jin from the other boy.

“So…what are you going to do about it?” Jin prompted.

“I dunno. Nothing. It’s probably just a passing thing anyway. Just forget about it.”

Jin scoffed at the younger’s announcement.

“Yoongi, it’s been months. I don’t think it’s just a ‘passing thing’.”

“What would you know,” Yoongi shot back.

Before Jin could go on, there was a knock on the door and Jimin poked his head through the doorway.

“The shower’s free. Does anybody want to go in now?”

Jin shook his head, “No you go in now. I’ll go for one a bit later.”

Jimin turned towards Yoongi, “ how about you Hyung? Want to go in first?”

Rolling back over onto his back, Yoongi shrugged off the younger’s question.

“I’ll go in after you’re done.”

“Alright, thanks Hyung.” Jimin called out while leaving the room.

Jin stood up and made his way to the door as well.

“You should tell him,” he advised the silver-haired boy, “you’ll only make it harder on yourself.”

With those final words, Jin left the room too, leaving Yoongi to ponder over his thoughts. Closing his eyes again, Yoongi settled into a steady pace of breathing, feeling his muscles relax and letting his drowsiness take over.

~~~

Déja-vu was the first thing to hit him as Yoongi woke up from his nap. Someone was shaking his shoulders and calling out to him to get up.

“Hyung,” repeated the voice, “ah seriously, why are you like this? How did you even manage to fall asleep so quickly? Hyung get up, it’s your turn for the shower.”

Blinking back the last remnants of sleep, Yoongi’s eyes focused in on Jimin hovering over him, hands still on his shoulders. Recoiling a bit from Jimin’s touch, Yoongi quickly sat up, in the process hitting his head against the youngers.

“Ah oww…” the two whined as they grabbed their foreheads in their palms.

“Really Hyung,” Jimin whined, louder this time.

“Well if your face wasn’t so close it wouldn’t of happened would it?” Yoongi retorted, annoyance laced in his voice.

Looking back up at the younger, Yoongi finally began to take in the younger’s appearance and his attire – or lack thereof. Clad in only a pair of tracksuit pants, that hung dangerously low on his waist, and a towel wrapped around his neck, Jimin’s fashion choice had his Hyung yelling out in shock and clambering away to put as much distance between the two.

“Yah!” Yoongi all but shouted. “Go put on a shirt!”

Scrunching up his eyes, Yoongi attempted to hide the younger from view, but it was already too late. The image of Jimin’s upper body was burned into the backs of Yoongi’s eyes, igniting a torrent of desire within him.  

Perplexed at Yoongi’s outburst, Jimin looked down at his shirtless self, and then back up at his Hyung, expression even more confused than before.

“I just came to tell you can go shower now…” the younger meekly tried.

Eyes still shut, Yoongi tersely responded, “Just. Go.”

Giving in to Yoongi’s wishes, Jimin quietly stepped out of the room, still baffled by silver-haired boy’s outburst. He padded into the kitchen, puzzled expression still on his face as he came across Hoseok who was snacking on a cup of ramen.

Eyeing the younger’s confused expression, Hoseok swallowed his current mouthful and questioned him.

“What’s up with you?”

“Huh?” Jimin responded, broken out of his reverie.

“You seemed confused, what’s up?”

“I dunno…,” the younger replied half-heartedly, “Yoongi-hyung was acting weird just now. He got mad at me for no reason.”

Taking in the younger’s full appearance Hoseok snickered, “yeah I bet he would.”

Jimin turned to face Hoseok. “Why? Did something happen?”

This only served to trigger a round of laughter from the elder who didn’t bother replying to his dongsaeng’s question, leaving the latter in a state of utter confusion.

~~~

Meanwhile, back in his room, Yoongi was still sitting with his eyes scrunched closed, trying but failing to stop thinking of a certain boy.

“Damn you Park Jimin!” Yoongi exclaimed to the silence of his room.

Sighing in defeat, he stood up and went to grab a change of clothes, exiting his shared room to head for the bathroom.

“I’m really going to need to take a long shower after this,” Yoongi thought. “A really long and god-damn cold shower”.

~~~ 

Author's Note

Wow I can't believe I already wrote 3 chapter's for this in 2 days... Safe to say my updating might slow down a bit because the school week starts again. Thankyou to all of those who've subscribed so far, hopefully you've enjoyed it! For those who have just started this, please comment/subscribe/upvote and enjoy the story (:

~ shelly7