Chapter 3

In Plain Sight

In the time that followed, things were awkward-tense, really. They had to meet up for practice just a few days after their return from Tokyo and it was quiet. They practiced their routine silently without their normal jokes and banter. Even their choreographer noticed something was up, and they quickly shut him down with the excuse that they were just tired. When they were done and just quietly going on their phones, the door swung open and a few members of SHINee walked in.

 

“Hey guys,” Key said loudly as they entered the room, the others following closely behind.

 

“What are you guys doing here?” Krystal asked, smiling up at them, saying something for probably the first time today.

 

“Just thought we’d come and say hi to our favorite girl band,” Jonghyun joked, laughter soon following. He had moved towards Amber to talk to her about something and Luna was about to stand up and greet Onew as he walked her way, but he beat her to it when he sat down in front of her.

 

“Hey Sunyoung-ah,” he smiled a cheeky smile, his eyes narrowing to crescents,“How’ve ya been?”  

 

“Ah, I’ve been good, Oppa, how about you?” she asked sweetly, noticing Krystal and Victoria watching them from her right as they were talking to Minho.She had to fight the urge to roll her eyes. For years, everyone was under the impression that she and Onew were madly in love with each other and perhaps, at one point, she did have a crush on him, but that was long gone. The others, meaning Krystal and Victoria, however, didn’t know that, so she thought now was the opportunity to perhaps shake them up a bit.

 

“Well, same old same old, really,” he grinned, “But you know I just saw your guys’ new concept and it’s really good!”

 

“You really think so?” she laughed shyly, covering with her hand in a ladylike manner, “Or are you just saying that to be nice?”

 

“No I really mean it!” he chuckled at her cute expression, a smitten look on his face, “You were, uhh, really good.”

 

She giggled like a schoolgirl, hopefully not too over the top, as she glanced over at the oldest and youngest members still watching her.

 

“Well thank you, Oppa,” she said, patting his shoulder and batting her eyelashes, “That means a lot.”

 

That should do the job, she was thinking to herself when Key suddenly shouted,

 

“Yah, we said we were coming here to talk to f(x)!” he smirked at Onew, “But clearly you just came here for Luna, didn’t you?”

 

“No, that’s not it!” he slid away from her to stand on her feet, “I was just-”

 

“Ah forget it,” Taemin laughed, throwing an arm over his shoulder, “We can all see through you.”

 

She laughed again, this time looking over at Amber to throw her an apologetic look. She was glaring back at her and Luna bit her lip, trying not to laugh. She’d make it up to her later..


“So how was Onew?” Amber asked suddenly, jealousy lining her voice as Luna placed large bowl of noodles in front of her later that day. She had texted Amber to meet her at her apartment for lunch and she knew she’d be this way.

 

“Ah, well he’s very good, I’d say,” Luna sat next to her, wasting no time to start shoveling the food into , “And he looked really cute today, didn’t he?”

 

She didn’t wait for Amber to respond and continued on with her teasing, “Yeah, his hair was looking really nice and he smelled really good and I dunno he’s probably like really good in bed and-”

 

“Luna!”

 

“What?” she asked scoldingly, “You think I’m gonna leave you for him? Keep acting like this and maybe I will.” She stuck out her tongue at her before continuing to eat, chewing thoughtfully before adding, “My acting was pretty convincing, though, right? I’m sure Krys and Victoria don’t know what to think.”

 

“Hmm yeah probably,” Amber grumbled into her food.

 

“Aishh, would you just get over it?” she sighed, knocking the side of her head against Amber’s, “I’m not gonna leave you for him, even though he’s probably really big..”

 

“Would you stop saying that!” she exclaimed in annoyance, Luna falling into a fit of laughter as a result, nearly spilling her food in the process.

 

“You’re annoying when you’re hungry,” Luna chuckled, “Just eat your food and get over it.”


 

“But really though, if I keep it up with Onew they’ll surely forget all of their suspicions about us, won’t they?”


 

“I mean, maybe,” Amber nodded, speaking more rationally now, “Hopefully.”

 

They then sat in comfortable silence until they finished their meal. When they were done, Luna got up to rinse of their dishes, turning around to Amber who was still seated at the table when she was done.


 

“So, what do you wanna do?” she asked, moving so that she stood beside Amber, her hand rising to run through her short locks, “Do you want to sleep? You look a bit tired.”

 

Amber looked up at her with a smirk over the caring tone in Luna’s voice and the way she could always pick up on those things. Luna took that as a yes and moved so Amber could stand up from her seat.

 

It was relatively cold in her little apartment, so Amber made sure to crawl under every layer of sheets she had, grabbing Luna so that her back was pressed firmly against her front so she could nuzzle her face into her shoulder. Luna laughed, shifting so her arms were free to still use her phone with Amber holding her from behind.

 

“You good?”

 

“Mhmm,” Amber mumbled against her hair, her arms giving Luna a light squeeze.

 

“I’ll wake you up in a bit,” she said twisting around slightly, “So you’ll still be able to fall asleep at night.”

 

Amber made a noise in response and Luna turned back to her book on her phone.

 

However many hours later, Amber woke up to a dark room, looking down to find Luna laying beside her, phone resting forgotten atop the sheets.

 

“Hey,” Amber nudged her until she began to toss and groan, “So much for waking me up.”

 

“Huh?” she muttered before opening her eyes to the darkness of the room, sitting up in surprise, “Oops!”

 

She reached around for her phone, the clock indicating they had slept well into the evening. “My bad,” she laughed and Amber reached down to ruffle her already messy hair and place a soft kiss on her lips. Luna happily kissed her back and was pushed until she was on her back, abruptly pulling away when her stomach made a loud sound.

 

“Aigoo, I’m hungry again.”

 

“Well I guess you would be after sleeping for like six hours,” Amber chuckled, pulling back the covers for them to head to the kitchen.

 

“Hmm true, well what do you want to eat? I want cereal!”

 

“For dinner? Sounds good to me.”

 

And they spent the rest of their night making a mess in the kitchen and playing around until they were tired enough to sleep again.


Updated finally I guess. Anyone really interested in this fic? Haven't got much feedback so idk leave a comment if you want to because I love reading your comments but if you don't want to then that's ok too.