Chapter 2

In Plain Sight

They met in the lobby of the hotel and soon headed over to one of its finest restaurants. Luna made it a point to stand away from Amber as they walked over, though ended up sitting beside her at their table. She turned her head and made small talk with Victoria as they placed their orders for their meal. Everything seemed to be fine, she thought. No one seemed to suspect a thing. Surely she was just overreacting this morning.

 

“Can’t believe we’ve made it this far,” Victoria sighed, “Our own tour.”

 

“I know.”

 

“And everything went so well,” Amber smiled, “Thank god.”

 

The others nodded in agreement before silently digging into their food.

 

“It’s too bad Sulli wasn’t here to do this with us,” Victoria added, “It would’ve been even better.”

 

“That's true,” Luna sighed as she poked around at her plate. She looked up and found Krystal staring at her from across the table. Her gaze almost was almost a glare, but Krystal’s face looked like that half the time, anyway.

 

Luna’s head snapped to the side when Amber suddenly erupted into a fit of coughs.

 

“Am, are you okay?” she asked, pushing a glass of water while her hand clutched her shoulder.

 

“I'm fine,” Amber stuttered as she took a sip, Luna's hand now rubbing hers, “Just the wrong pipe.”

 

Luna’s eyebrows were scrunched up in her expression of concern. She kept her hand where it was, her thumb moving in circles, until Amber smiled at her. She smiled back and turned so that she was sitting normally, her smile fading when she noticed Victoria and Krystal's eyes on them. Her hand slid down to the table.

 

“Do the two of you have something to tell us?” Krystal asked, her eyes narrowing.

 

“Krys, you shouldn't-”

 

“What? I'm just asking,” she said to the oldest member before staring back at the two of them.

 

Luna glanced at Amber, before looking down to casually stab a piece of chicken with her fork.

 

“What do you mean?” Luna asked innocently as she took a bite, “We’re not hiding anything.”

 

Amber looked at her, silently asking if this was the right thing to do.

 

“You sure?” Krystal questioned.

 

Her eyes moved to Amber’s before she nodded her head and continued to eat, “Mhmm.”

 

She stared back at Krystal, almost challenging her to say something else. She looked as if she were about to before being interrupted by Victoria who sighed loud enough to break their little stare down when she said, “Let's just talk about something else, shall we?”


”I mean like what the hell?” Luna sighed as she packed her things into her suitcase for their flight later that evening.

 

 “I know,” Amber sighed as she watched her from the bed, having already finished her packing. She had come over through their rooms’ conjoining door when she was done, so there was no way for Krystal or Victoria to know she went there after heading into her own room.

 

“You saw their faces, Am. They know everything, and they didn't look too happy about it.”

 

“You don't know that for sure,” Amber said unconvincingly. Luna frowned at her in response before zipping up her bag. She walked over to the bed and laid down beside her. She held the side of her face while the older girl’s arms moved to wrap around her waist.

 

“They're not going to accept us,” she whispered sadly.

 

“Don't say that,” Amber rubbed her back.

 

“But it's true,” Luna muttered, tears beginning to sting her eyes, “They’re not gonna.”

 

She pressed her face into Amber’s neck, the moisture of her falling tears wetting her skin. Amber tightened her grasp as she kissed the side of her head, her heart tightening as Luna began to sob.

 

“I mean I love you and you love me,” Luna pulled away and wiped at her face with her palm, Amber's hand rising to wipe her face more softly. “It's not that bloody complicated so I don't know why it has to be this hard.”

 

Amber continued to press kisses to her hair as her hand moved in circles on her back.

 

“And I used to have the slightest hope that our friends would be the most understanding, but I guess that was stupid, wasn't it?”

 

“You know you can deal with anything, Luna. And you’ll have me to deal with it with you.”

 

“I know, but aside from them there's still management to deal with..and our fans...and my family!”

 

“All that will happen in due time, alright? Everyone who loves us will eventually understand.”

 

“Not my parents,” Luna sighed, referring to her ultra-Christian mother and father who had raised her so conservatively that made dealing with her own uality a struggle in the beginning. Amber frowned at the truth in her words, having luckily come out to her family a long while back. They were very welcoming to the news as it hadn't really come as a shock. She couldn’t help but feel guilty at the much more difficult situation Luna had to deal with.

 

She cupped her cheek and stared into her eyes. “I'm so sorry, Luna. I somehow feel like this is all my fault.”

 

“That's not true!” she protested.

 

“Yes it is,” she retorted sadly, “I was the one who liked you first and ended up making all the first moves. I should’ve just controlled myself. Your life would be so much easier if I had.”

 

“Amber, baby,” Luna murmured as she stared back into her eyes, “I don't regret a thing about what's happened between us. I don't care how hard it is and how much more complicated it makes things, because I love you, okay? And you're worth it. So don't you ever say that it’s your fault for messing my life up, because what you did was just the opposite. Everything is so much better now that I'm with you.”

 

In reality, it was true that Luna had been straight as a pin before she met Amber, but there was no way she could blame her for that nor was there any need to.

 

“Do you believe me?”

 

“I love you, Luna.”

 

“I love you, too,” she replied before kissing her swiftly in attempt to show her that she really meant everything she said. She held onto Amber's shoulder as she coaxed open, their tongues rubbing against each other in a passionate kiss. A kiss saying I love you, I mean it, and I'm never letting go.

 

Luna pushed her so that she was on her back and Amber easily complied, wondering how she had gone from the comforting one to the one that needed to be comforted. She would usually but on a brave front for Luna, to take care of her and make things easier for her, but sometimes it was nice to be able to let it all out and be comforted when she needed to. That was one of the best things about Luna. Even before they started dating, she was always the consoling one, always lending an ear to her problems because she just always cared and was great at showing it.

 

Luna's lips on hers were warm and comfortable and exactly what she needed to get over the little insecurities she still felt. Soon enough, they were without their clothes, each trying to show the other just how important they really were. When they were done, they were hot, tired, and sweaty with a feeling that no matter what else came their way, they'd be able to face it. Together.


Lunber at that club in Busan were so lit like holy . I just felt like I had to write something after seeing those fancams lmao.