|2| Versatile: MUTE?

Versatile

| 2: MUTE? | 'Kick-off'

 

 

1:32AM« Sun. « HQ

 

 

 

Rule four: If someone tries to kill you, kill them… Did I make this up in the moment? Maybe…maybe not.

Isn’t this a general rule or is it just me? Not bothering to be secretive about it, I forcefully swing open the car door and rush out making sure to slam it behind me. Not once did my eyes leave his figure, so I didn’t miss the stutter in his step before he stopped moving all at once.

“Really?” I drag out swinging the crowbar in circles as I near him.

He doesn’t say a word, his back still facing me. I huff as I come to a complete stop right behind him. In a situation like this I probably shouldn’t be talking to myself but, Now let’s be smart Elle, this is a dude, that you know nothing about. Main- A harsh throw of an elbow hits me right in the face knocking my head back and me out of my internal conflict. Before I can recuperate I’m held in his grip by the throat. Taking the crowbar I swing aiming for his left knee causing him to buckle. I swing again on his other as he lies on the gravel. Not a sound leaves him as he tosses.

“Ah,” The metallic taste of blood fills my mouth. I push my hair back laughing in astonishment. “So, who the are you?” I question in rising anger. My heart starts to race and my hands shake.

When I receive no answer, I go to stand on the side of him looking at his concealed face repeating the question one more time.

“I said, who the are you?!” My voice echoes in the dark dimly lit lot.

Again he ignores me gaining me no answer. Ok, we’ll do it this way. I stand in golfing stance pretending to align my swing with its target.

“Fore!” On impact I hear a deep grunt. I would’ve stopped but I didn’t feel satisfied, not yet. I start to manically swing not caring the location gain small grunts here and there from the stranger. With one last final hit to the head I drop the metal as his body ceases movement with his head lulled to the side. Breathing heavily I step over head of him and struggle to pull him up with me. My back begins to ache as I open the back entrance stumbling with his body weight on me. Upon my arrival to the main room I gain everybody’s attention, throwing the man’s body on the small coffee table not caring about the cups, plates, and other items scattered on it. It doesn’t take long for the poor table to collapse under him, but that’s the least of my worries.

“Where the hell is Remi?!” Like any other time I’m in my rage, everyone stands clear of me keeping on their toes.

“I’ll get him.” Lux, the red haired Russian excuses herself.

 

 

 

 

 

5:01AM« Sun. « HQ Basement

 

 

 

“Now that you’ve calmed down, what in the hell happened?”

For the past hours I’m been releasing my anger on the suspended punching bag in order to bounce back to my “normal” self. With all my sweat my shirt started to stick to me, so I lift it off over my head before tossing it aimlessly leaving me in my grey and green sports bra.

“It’s pretty simple really, here I am looking to go home only to get in my car and instantly be greeted with a chain around my neck.” I run my fingers through my curls as I shake my head in annoyance.

“Did you see his face? Recognize a voice? How did he even get here?” Remi rattles off questions. I know he’s expecting an answer but I honestly have not one for any of those. Especially the last one.

“No. He barely even made a sound. Didn’t say a word or nothing.” I feel my anger rise once again, “And as for how he got here, I could’ve swore no one was following Alex and I on the way back from the site.”

The long clanking of metal doors in heard a distance from the closed door and soon after three knocks echo through the room occupying us two.

“Enter!” Remi’s voice booms.

Quickly the doors open and Noel’s head is visible. “He’s up.”

Instantly I make way to the door passing Noel and leaving Remi behind. Now that his is awake, we can get some answers out of him. I don’t waste time crossing the distance to the holding room door and throwing it open. Everyone’s standing on guard with him tied to a chair in the center of the concrete floor. His face is still hidden underneath the mask. Weirdly enough he has no eye holes for the mask leaving us completely clueless. From the looks of it, he’s just staring straight ahead. Wanting to get this over with I march toward him ready to snatch the black barrier,

“Ellle, Wait.” Remi orders. I guess they caught up. I didn’t even notice them enter the room.

I breathe out heavily, “why” I whine. I’m really tired. So, if I’m not irritated, I’m whiney. They’ll put up with it as long as they drag this out.

“We’ve already tried removing it.” Noel notes.

I turn to him in confusion, “And..” I wound my hand in a motion to continue.

“It’s like some skin tight full body suit.” Danny informs. He’s another member. He’s cool if you ask me.

“Okay… then strip him.” I point out, irritation rising.

“We would but the suit has a tracker. We need to get answers first.” Remi pulls up a chair in front of the stranger and knocks him up aside the head only for his head to snap back into position.

Is it even human?

“State your name!” He just sits there. Totally a replay of earlier leading me to think,

“Maybe he’s deaf?” I tilt my head to the side staring. Slowly his head rotates in my direction. I’m sure now he’s staring at me. Even without seeing his eyes. “Or maybe not…” I hear a snicker from my left and see Alex.

“Who the hell are you laughing at?”  His cackles only continue if not get louder. I’m tired of asking people questions and not getting answers. Picking up the nearest item, just so happening to be a scalpel, I chuck it at his shoulder before returning my attention to the hostage who just so happens to still be  facing me.

“! That was uncalled for Elle!” Ignoring his stupidity,

“Maybe he’s mute?”  The figure shakes his head. I honestly can’t help but feel he’s laughing at me beneath that thing.

“This might take a while.” Noel crosses his arms.

I shake my head, “Well ya’ll have fun, I’m tired so I’m gonna go home, and take my to sleep.” I turn and whistle my way to the door.

“Not so fast Elle, since this specifically involves you, you need to watch him.” Remi, Remi, Remi…damn it. I stomp my feet. I’m about to throw a tantrum. I look at him with my begging face on,

“But, I want to go home. You know I can’t sleep here.” I point out.

“Then, I’ll guess you’ll be taking him with you.”

I think I’m about the hurl….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

THE YOU MEAN?!