|1| Versatile: HIT

Versatile

|1: HIT| 'Pilot'

 

 

11:23PM« Sat. « Bay Pilot Boat Dock

 

"In position?"

Currently I sit reclined in a BMW, black from the interior out, munching on Lays to entertain myself before the show. You're probably asking, what show? Well, one that includes fire, lots of fire. I remain parked a distance away with my assigned partner Alex whom currently, might I add, is hogging the binoculars.

"Copy." Alex whispers to boss over the ear piece while staying concentrated on our subject, or more so the boat he's on this late at night. With how low he spoke I'm not sure he could even hear it.

"Dude, why the hell are you whispering?" My eyebrows meet as I scrunch my face. I wipe my hands on the arm of his shirt and snatch the binoculars from his hands swiftly catching a look at what's going on.

"Can you not?" Alex hisses as he dusts crumbs off his black shirt.

"Can you not?" I mock back, "You're such a baby."

I mean it's black, what does it matter anyway crumbs won't stain.

"On the count of five."

I pull the binoculars from my eyes to give Alex a quick nod before holding them up again.

4

3

2

Click.

All I hear is the click of a button letting me know Alex was on time. Now, what should've followed and would've been the highlight of my night, failed to happen. I rip the binoculars from my face giving Alex a 'what the ' look.

"Elle? Alex? What's with the delay?"

"Uh..." Alex starts to manically press the trigger button hoping for a reaction.

I let out a huff of air and toss the binoculars onto the dash before reaching in the backseat for back up. Rule one of carrying out a hit: always have a backup. In this case, silent sniper will have to do.

"What are you doing?" Alex asks, still pressing the dumb button.

"Finishing this ! Obviously that was a bust, and I'm hungry." I'm still starving from that lone bag of chips. I quickly get out of the car only to stay low and crouch beside it. I position my mask and set my gun looking through the scope for my target. I move it around a bit searching for a clear shot before I see his head come into view through the boats window.

"Gotcha"

Counting down from three I smirk and pull the trigger and immediately the body drops. I see figures move around frantically and one in particular comes to the window. I wasn't expecting there to be company. Damn. From the looks of it he's angrily looking around but it's all cut short when-

BOOM

The boat in its entirety is on fire with pieces flying here and there. I admire the beautiful scene before me. Well, better late than never.

"Get in!"

Alex hurriedly pushes the passenger door open from the inside. I hastily slide in just when he floors the gas before I can fully close the door. I scream and kick around in exhilaration and turn to Alex still bouncing in my seat. I totally disregarded the seatbelt. He takes a quick glance at me then returns his eyes to the road.

"What'd you do?" I thought the button didn't work.

 

"It was jammed," I replied simply. "Now let's turn in." He shifts gears before slowing to city speed limits.

 

 

 

 

 

 

12:11AM« Sun. «HQ

 

Entering the front of HQ, Alex and I complete our thumb and I.D scans revealing the hidden sanctuary of D.E.C.A. The place is full of stuff. From the gym and training rooms to the large entertainment center and of course my favorite, the kitchen. If you haven't guessed I spend most of my time in there and then of course get scolded time and time again after being trained like a dog. But my logic is, I have to eat in order to have something to work off and turn into muscle right? Right now though, like any other mission, you meet with Remi. An original. He's more like a big brother rather than our boss but never confuse the time and place when it comes to addressing him. We've all learned the hard way that when it comes to business Remi is over us all. We walk by a few members training and take a left down a dimly lit hall reaching the isolated gold door and as always, Alex's scared pushes me in front to go first. I roll my eyes before tapping my knuckles against the metal door in a six hit sequence.

"Enter." His gruff voice orders.

I do as told leaving Alex to hold the door for himself and take a seat in front of the oak desk. As soon as he removes his attention from the files in front of him his eyes switch between us both holding irritation.

"What the hell was that?" He leans forward on his desk, fists balled.

Alex chooses to speak up saving our asses, "The button jammed, Elle handled back up before the button even worked." He states it seriously looking in Remi's hard eyes without faltering. Rule two: Don't show fear. It's a weakness and we can't have such petty weaknesses. It doesn't go with our line of work.

His attention is now given to me. I snatch off my mask inhaling the smell of mint and nicotine. I lightly run my fingers through my black and purple tipped hair letting it land however on top of my head. I notice they're both staring at me now. Was there something I was supposed to say? I thought Alex pretty much summed it up.

"Were you aware there were other people on that boat?" I pick up a pen off his desk and steal some random paper as well and begin to doodle.

"There were others?" With the way he sounded I knew he had no clue.

"Yep," I pop the 'p' "but, of course they were a part of the show-that was pretty awesome might I add-so there shouldn't be anything to worry about." I toss the pen at his penholder making it in a slot and immediately stand.

"Now if we're done here I'd like to eat." I give a smile and exit not waiting to hear any response.

My hips sway as I walk towards the kitchen. I give some nods of acknowledgement on my way. In the kitchen I find Noel. Brown hair, green eyes- he's a pretty chill guy but he comes off intimidating sometimes. Not that it bothers me since I can do the same. His 27 year old self is 6'3'' tall in comparison to my 5'5'' height. I'd personally say we're close and I would think he'd say the same with how much stuff he lets me get away with that he normally wouldn't. Like this, I snatch the burger from his hands just as he's about to take a bite. I take the biggest bite I can of the juicy burger and moan in contentment.

"What the Elle!" He tries to keep a face of anger but I don't miss the twitching at the corner of his lips.

"I need to be fed." I shrug before taking another bite. Gosh this is good!

"You couldn't have made your own?" He crosses his toned arms causing them to strain against his white fitted shirt.

"Don't feel like it." He shakes his head as I wipe excess ketchup from the corner of my mouth.

"How'd it go?" He settles for a bottle of water reclaiming his seat on the counter stool.

"Ehh, button jammed but it's all taken care of." By now my hungry-self had eaten more than half of the burger and deciding to be somewhat nice, I place the small portion back on its plate in front of Noel. I figured this was a nice gesture and motion for him to eat up. Of course the look he gives me doesn't go unnoticed.

"Really Elle? That's not even enough to chew." He takes another swig of his bottle. I laugh at that truth patting his shoulder as I exit the kitchen. As of now I think to turn in for the night so I can function within the next seven hours. My sleep doesn't necessarily have a schedule but I always try to wake up before eight in morning to hightail my here for training. Being late only makes Remi increase the intensity of it all. It'll leave you feeling like your limbs are jello. I make way to the back exit holding up a peace sign in response to the chorus of multiple see you laters. The back door clicks behind me as I walk across the lot to my-one of many cars-burnt orange Audi R8. In the late night the silence is interrupted by the sound of each of my steps against the dark gravel. I press the button signaling my car to unlock and pull the handle getting in.

Instantly get the feeling something isn't right as a shiver runs down my spine. I reach up to adjust my rearview mirror but before my fingers can even touch it I'm yanked back by a cold heavy metal around my neck. I gasp for air as I try to pry what feels like a chain from around my neck only to have it yanked back again with a strong force. Many thoughts cross my mind in an instant.

One being a memory that even after all these years sits fresh.

Everything slows and I feel my eyes close as my air starts to deplete; my internal panic causing me to hand over control. My body goes limp making the stranger halt his assault. I hear his heavy breaths along with the handle of the back door as he gets out and click when it's closed. I cautiously lift my head and snap my eyes open watching as he begins his retreat.

A dark chuckle escapes my lips as an energy flows through me. I reach beneath my seat pulling out my crowbar; not once taking my eyes off of the masked figure.

 

 

 

 

 

"Let's play."