Psychometry [4/5]

Psychometry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin was pacing around the office, worried. It had been 3 hours and Jiyeon still hasn’t contacted him. “That’s it. I’m going to her apartment.” He decided and took his belongings with him. He drove to Jiyeon’s apartment and went straight up to her apartment. He pressed the doorbell continuously but there was no answer.

He tried knocking and even resorted to kicking the door, but there was still no answer. “Where the hell is she?” Jin cussed under his breath unconsciously. He widened his eyes at his own choice of words and shook his head in disappointment. The chief was a bad influence to him. In terms of vocabulary.

Jin decided to go to the security office and check the CCTV to make sure that Jiyeon got back home. He showed his ID to the security as an authorization and told the security guard to backtrack the time. He sat down, looking at the CCTV at the lobby. “Stop!” Jin exclaimed, startling the security guard. He gave Jin a short glare but Jin ignored it as he watched the CCTV play.

He saw Jiyeon looked into the CCTV camera, her eyes were blank and the man that had his arm around her shoulder seemed to be enjoying whatever feeling that she was giving him. He couldn’t see the face of the man, but he saw a familiar tattoo on his arm. He unlocked his phone and went to search the picture of the owner of the butcher shop.

He widened his eyes when he saw the exact same tattoo. “Oh .” He thanked the security guard before running to his car. He contacted Jungkook and the chief, telling them what happened as he drove to the butcher restaurant.

Meanwhile, Jiyeon woke up, adjusting her eyesight to the brightness of the light. She wanted to rub her eyes with her hands but she realized that it was tied behind her back. She widened her eyes when she saw where she was. It looked like she was inside a morgue. Metal drawers standing in front of the wall, above her head. She was lying on a metal table which looked strangely familiar, and that was when it dawned upon her.

The vision that the ring gave her. She tried to struggle free but it only caused rattling sound made by the metal table. “You’re awake.” A man walked up to her, with a butcher knife and said. She felt her heart beating rapidly, her lips dry. He walked away from her and went to a smaller metal table that was filled with all different kind of knives. And there was a rectangular block of stone at the side. She knew that it was for sharpening his knives. Another thing that caught her attention was her phone that was sitting right beside the stone.

“You weren’t my next target at first until I saw your web comic.” The man started, sharpening his butcher knife with the stone. Jiyeon winced at each of the screeching sounds that they were making. It sounds like metal against metal.

“What do you want from me?” Jiyeon asked, her voice shaking in fear. Never in her wildest dream would she have expected this. Being in the same position as the previous victims. Her palms were sweating as she tried to get her hands off the plastic cable. Her ankles were tied together as well, except, with a rope. She ignored the pain on her wrist and palms as she tried to release her hands free.

“Answers. And the satisfaction of hearing you scream basically.” He said, not looking up at Jiyeon but at the knife. A spark would occasionally appear as the stone and knife made contact.

“Answers to what?” Jiyeon asked.

“How you knew precisely where the others packages were hidden. And how you saw me kidnap my victims without me noticing.” The man said calmly, still not looking up at Jiyeon, who was staring at him. Scared out of her wits but she tried her best to remain calm. She was afraid that if he saw her being agitated, he would have the satisfaction of torturing her slowly. Plus, she was slowly loosening the plastic cable.

“I don’t know. It’s just a comic.” Jiyeon said, trying her best to stop her voice from shaking, which wasn’t working out well. The man gave the sinister smile that she saw in her vision and chills ran down her spine.

She could feel her hands being free and she put the plastic cable in one of her fists.

“You expect me to believe that you coincidentally wrote about the story of my hobby?” The man asked, sounding extremely amused and Jiyeon bit her lower lip, not answering him. Her heart beating erratically fast. She was in the room with a psychopathic killer. What did you expect her to do? Agitate him and get killed sooner rather later?

The man was about to say something else when she didn’t answer him but his door bell suddenly rang. “I’ll be right back. Don’t try to escape. Not like you can anyway.” He laughed at his own inside joke and Jiyeon had the sudden urge to roll her eyes at him. He left the morgue-like room and right after he closed the door, she sat up, trying her best not to make too much movements. 

She freed her legs in a little less than a minute since she knew how the knot was tied. She saw him tie the knot from the vision.

She got off the metal table, unconsciously making a rattling sound. She quickly took her phone and a knife from the metal table. She went behind the door as she tapped on the emergency call icon, holding onto the number one speed dial until it was starting to dial. She tensed when the door slammed opened the same time the person picked up the phone. She moved away from the door in time to avoid it from slamming in her face.

The man’s posture looked enraged and he didn’t realized Jiyeon behind him. Jiyeon didn’t hesitated and stabbed him in his lower back, making him tensed and tilted his head to look at Jiyeon. Jiyeon’s breath caught on when he didn’t look affected by the stab. Instead, he let out a chuckle. “Good try little girl. But you have to try harder.” He smirked the last bits before turned his body around, forcing her to let go of the knife.

Her phone still grasped in her right hand. His eyes trained on hers as he took out the knife that was protruding on his lower back. He didn’t seem at all affected by the pain that he was supposed to be feeling. “Do you want to know why I enjoy seeing people in pain?” The man asked, giving Jiyeon a sickening smile. She felt her stomach drop, her heart not giving signs of calming down anytime soon.

“I don’t feel pain. So, I inflict pain. Everyone has their own personal preference of entertainment, mine just so happened to be illegal.” He chuckled, shaking his head in amusement. Jiyeon was frozen in place. Not knowing how to go about this. She was literally stoned. Terrified. Looking at this psychopath in the eyes. Actually hoping that he would pardon her for stabbing him.

“Since you’re a special guest here, let me show you something.” He said, putting the knife that was filled with his own blood on the metal table where it previously sat.

He walked over to the metal drawer and Jiyeon had the urge to just run away from him at this moment. The door was open wide, so why can’t she just move her legs and run out of this place? 

He opened one of the drawer, and Jiyeon could feel the food that she ate last starting to come back up again. It was a frozen human body. The skin was blue, and he had his eyes opened, staring into abyss. There were cuts all over his body. Deep or not, she couldn't tell since there weren’t any blood on it. It was clean. There wasn’t even a tinge of dried blood surrounding the cut. That was when she knew, the body was completely frozen, with no ounce of liquid in his system.

“Beautiful isn’t it?” The psychopath asked, caressing the frozen corpses body with his fingers. Taking in a deep breath of the body that was supposed to be decaying if it weren’t frozen solid.

“You’re crazy.” Jiyeon managed to breathe out. He heard her and let out a laugh.

“Then you’d be calling everyone in the world crazy. I’m just doing what I like to do.” The man said, pushing the metal drawer that had held the metal body back in. Jiyeon pursed her lips together. “You’re going to do that to me too?” She managed to ask, mustering whatever strength and confidence she had.

The man’s sickening smile was still plastered on his face as he replied Jiyeon.

“No. After thinking about it, I’ll make you my partner. I was intrigued by your comic about me. When I read your comic, my heart felt like it was beating faster and it felt good. So, I want you to draw and write about me. What I do as entertainment. Everything.” He said, his grin widening and his eyes looking even more crazed than before.

“You do know that if the police finds my comic, you’d be found easily right?” Jiyeon asked, looking at him warily. She was ready to do whatever she was told to do to keep herself alive as long as possible. She wasn't going to die. Especially not by the likes of this psychopath.

“I don’t care. They’ve got nothing on me as long as you don’t tell them where I live.” He said, and Jiyeon’s grasp on her phone tightened. “In other words, I’ll be behind you, watching your every single move.” He adde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter