001

Hey, Kyungsoo

Soft music played in the background. Every beat accompanied by a soft hum. Hums that escaped from those plush pink lips causes the head to bob side to side and hips swayed from left to right. Dangling feet made its way across the floor, leaving a faint silhouette of the dancer.

Lean legs did the pique before twirling and leaping into the air, perfecting the Brise’. The dancer moved his legs towards the kitchen counter before dabbing his index finger into the perfectly made chocolate glaze, successfully the smeared chocolate afterwards.

The chef behind the counter could only clucked his tongue and narrowed his eyes at that ballerino of his. The dancer paid no heed to his chef’s threatening gaze and moved over to the sliced strawberries. He picked out two and put it in his mouth. He held out one towards the little man that was standing in front of him only to get his finger playfully bitten by the said man.

The dancer did a pout while holding his finger tightly, feigning hurt. The chef could only rolled his eyes and continued on putting the chocolate glaze onto the cake that he’d just finished baking earlier. Courtesy to his best friend’s husband wish, he decided to bake a chocolate cake for the latter’s husband, who is also his longtime best friend.

“Hey, Kyungsoo,” the dancer spoke using his childlike voice that never failed to amuse his lover.

“Yes, Jongin.”

“Do you have to make that chocolate cake for that whiny-pregnant-y husband of Park Chanyeol’s?” he twirled in his seat before back-facing his chef and elevating his head back so that he’d be able to see his man even though the image is upside-down.

“Mr. Kim, do you even have to ask that question?” the chef cocked his brow, clearly not amused to hear the same question that have been asked for the umpteenth time already.

“Well, Mr. Do, in fact I do need to ask that question over...” a sway of the hand in the air.

“And over...” another sway of hand in the air.

“Again!” cue in the flailing arms.

“And why is that Mr. Kim?” the chef could only giggle at his dancer’s demeanor.

“Oh, my dear! You know the answer to your question pretty well, don’t you think so?”

“If that’s the case, then by right, you should know the answer to your question quite well, no?”

The dancer could only grumble before letting his head fall onto the table with a soft thud.

The chef chuckled before smearing his finger that was smudged by chocolate on his lover’s face. The dancer could only whine before wiping his own hand on his cheek and the residue off his hand.

Sighing out loud he decided to stare at his lover’s face than grumble. Because who is he to say no to the breathtaking view in front him. His husband is practically glowing inside and out. With that heart-stopping grin of his that adorned his face along with his relaxed pose, he’d devote his life for it. He promised the latter that he’ll cherish those smiles and keep it along with his promises. Promises that were there for a reason. Promises that held so much meaning even though it is merely just words.

Jongin rounded the kitchen counter and went behind his lover, securing his arms tight around his waist. But not too tight, afraid that he might hurt his son.

Sensing Jongin’s warmth, Kyungsoo leaned into it and let his body that was starting to get tired from the standing leaned in, supporting half of his weight onto the other.

“Are you okay?” Jongin asked, concern laced in his question.

Kyungsoo so much as nod and concentrated on putting the finishing touches on the cake. Jongin gently rubbed his 26 week old protruding belly; caressing it with so much love that a father could give. He is happy and he is proud. In about 10 weeks time, his son would be in his arms, ready to fight this world.

Once he is done with the cake, a satisfied heart-shaped smile lit up his face and proud soft huff escaped those pink, plush lips. Jongin side-eyed his husband and was mesmerized again by his beauty. His heart-shaped smile and the soft pink hue on both of his cheeks made him so beautiful. That’s why he can’t resist the urge to lean in and place not a peck, but a smooch on his lover’s cheek - leaving a trace of saliva and lip balm that Kyungsoo had forced on him earlier this morning due to his chapped lips that causes it to bleed sometimes after a hot make-out session.

Kyungsoo could only whine in protest and harshly wiped at his cheeks before turning in his lover’s hold and pinching his cheeks.

“Ow, ow, ow, ow! Kyungsoo!” the latter whined before pouting. The former could only giggle before releasing his hold, but not before putting slight pressure on his pinch, causing the latter to yelp.

When his cheek was released, he quickly placed a palm on it and caressed it, in order to let the pain fade away. Kyungsoo could only giggle and quickly he pressed his lips against Jongin’s moist lips, before turning around and walked as fast as he could - which in Jongin’s opinion is equal to him walking at an average pace - to the nearest couch.

Once Kyungsoo’s hits the sofa, he winced a bit at the jolt of electricity that went up his spine. All those standing must have taken its toll on his back.

Seeing his little guy rubbed at his back and fidget on the couch in order to find a comfortable position for him to let his body sunk in, made Jongin curse the Park and Byun couple for making his pregnant husband stand too long just to bake the damn cake.

Jongin thought about putting some antibiotics that can cause C.difficile infections, but then again he decided to against it because he’s worried that Kyungsoo and other harmless, innocent people might eat the cake and will also be infected by it. God knows that Jongin would probably kill himself if he knew that his plan to get rid of the Park and Byun backfired him by hurting his precious one - well its actually two, but seeming that the other came in a package with the other one, so they would go as one.

“Hey, Kyungsoo.”

“Hmmm.”

“Will you bake all of Jongsoo’s cake on his birthdays?”

“Well, if he wants me too. If not then we’ll just buy it for him or let someone bake it for him.”

“I’m sure he’ll love your cooking, Soo.”

“What ever made you so sure, Mr. Kim?”

“Simple! It’s because everyone loves your food Soo! Even that Chanyeol’s spoilt brat.”

“Kim Jongin,” he warned, “Watch your language. You can’t call Chanyeol’s child a spoilt brat, even though I can’t deny that he is one. Because it’s not nice.”

Jongin just smirked and went to hug his pregnant husband placing a smooch on his lips.

“Hey, Kyungsoo.”

“Yes, Jongin?”

“I love you, forevermore.”

“And I you.”

 

 

Jongin snuggled closer to his lover and secured his arms around him. Invading his lover’s only space for breathing in air without having it mixed with his own scent. The scent of an all too familiar soap and powder never fails to make his lover feels at home.

It is this kind of smell that drives Kyungsoo crazy. Because he knows, this oh-so-familiar smell can only belong to one person and that one person would be the only one to make his heart beats rapidly one moment, having his stomach do somersaults - though not because of the baby, he’s sure of that - and the next moment, he is calming down from his high and indulging in the alluring and serene smell. 

Just when the two was about to drift further into their own little paradise, an annoying screech of a ring-tone fills the room, not failing to make a grumbled noise by someone who is easily pissed off at basically anything that disturbs his time with his lovely husband.

Jongin tries hard to ignore, only to receive a light pinch on the hip causing him to whine and snuggled deeper into the crook of his husband’s neck. The said husband can only chuckle before trying to get away from the death grip and answering the call to stop the ring-tone from making his ears bleed.

The man who is responsible for the death grip on him, only tightened his grip, refusing to let the other escape, but sadly Kyungsoo is having none of that, so he lifts his free arm and ever-oh-so-gently swings it and making it land perfectly onto its target. Earning a ‘thwack’ and an ‘omph, Kyungsoo!’. 

The latter merely rolls his eyes and nudged the other, silently telling him to answer the call. Because god knows how many times did the phone rings. After one unanswered call ended, another call breaks in, the caller definitely wants the receiver to pick up their calls.

Sighing out loud, Jongin gets up from his favorite spot and went in search for the damn phone. ‘Maybe I should’ve shut off the phone earlier,’ he thought. “Now where did I put the damn phone!” he grumbled whilst looking around for the sacred device. Once he spot the phone, he rushed to it and grumpily swipe the screen to answer the call.

“What the hell do you want?” he greeted without so much of a hello to emphasize his annoyance at being disturbed.

“Err, this is not Kyungsoo. I called Kyungsoo, not Jongin,” the caller said sounding a bit wary of his life. For all he knows, an annoyed Jongin is not a happy Jongin.

“Well, too bad. His husband is what you got. So now tell me before I blow up your head like a balloon, what business do you have, Mr. Kim Joonmyeon, with Kyungsoo at exactly 5 hours before the party starts?” he asked ever not so amused.

Joonmyeon gulped. For having a Kim Jongin saying his full name, that has never mean a good thing. Praying to God, he hopes that Kyungsoo would appear beside an angry Jongin and snatched the sacred device away.

And behold, his prayer was answered as he is know talking to the owner of the smooth, rich voice that he will adore for eternity.

“Hey, hyung. What’s up?”

“Oh, Kyungsoo! Thank god. You saved my pants from being wet there.”

“Ew, hyung, that’s just disgusting.”

Joonmyeon laughed, “My apologies. But it is true though. I did feel like wetting my pants at the sound of Jongin’s wrath.”

“Well, now that he is away from the phone. How may I help you?”

“Kyungsoo, I need your help. No. We need your help.”

At that Kyungsoo pondered for a bit, “What for? Don’t tell me the decorations...”

“Ahah! As expected from the smart one!”

Kyungsoo exhaled feeling his back starting to have that numb pain and the soreness of his feet. He ended the call with an ‘I’ll be there in a sec’ and turns to tell Jongin, who he knows won’t be enthusiastic about it.

“We have to help them don’t we,” he asked with an I-knew-it sort of tone.

Kyungsoo bit his lips and nodded.

“Fine. But! I’ll go and you stay. I need you to rest. I’ll come back later to pick you up just before the party starts.”

Kyungsoo gawked. There’s no way in hell is he going to stay at home and do nothing but sleep or rest - as much as the idea will make his body stop screaming in pain and sounding very refreshing indeed, he’d rather help his friend than staying at home. Just because he is 26 weeks old pregnant doesn’t mean he can’t do anything. For god sake, he just stood for a few hours to bake a cake. So he’s very sure that he can stand a few more hours!

“You wouldn’t be hearing a ‘yes’ or a ‘fine’, ya' know.” The petite man cocked a brow and walked past him to get himself ready and the cake ready.

The rangy guy can only shook his head and sighed in defeat. “Stubborn lil’ man,” he whined and stomping off to get himself ready.

 

 

Arriving at the Park’s residence, Kyungsoo and Jongin made their way to the front door hand-in-hand and giving the house a little ring. A very disarrayed Joonmyeon greeted him with what seems like glitter all over his head.

The couple made their way in and could only widened their eyes at how the house looked so far from the word ‘well decorated’. It looks more like a dump rather than a house really. There were popped balloons scattering around; crayons, glitter and marker pens lying around waiting for the lid to be closed; pillows thrown from across the room; and a loud happy shriek came from the toddlers mouth.

Jongin inhaled deeply and exhaled loudly, sounding exasperated. The man beside him tightened his grip on his hand, calling for attention.

“I’ll be in the kitchen okay. While you can...” the smaller blinked and looked around, “...get everything sorted and help Joonmyeon? I know that Luhan and Yixing are at the back so, I’ll volunteer to help them.” He smiled and standing up on his tiptoes to place a kiss on the others’ lips.

Reluctantly, the other let go of their entwined hands and proceed to make the house a lot more better than the ship-wrecked state it is in right now. He sighed for the hundredth time already since he received the call of doom earlier. “A lot is needed to be done in 5 hours,” he proclaimed to no one in particular.

 

 

5 hours later, all the preparations were done - the room, the food, the music and the surprise. The 3 kids were cleaned after messing around with glitters and crayons and chocolate and grass that they got from rolling on the Park’s backyard under the early sun of summer.

Everyone went to their spot and the lights were turned off. Once the door gave out a soft 'click', little gasps from the toddlers resounded the dark room as almost everyone held in their breath.

Baekhyun, who was laughing with Chanyeol and peppering his husband with kisses was oblivious to his surrounding. He didn’t find the dark strange because he thought that his angel, Joon Seok was at Joonmyeon’s. So he supposes the house would be empty - except it wasn’t. Even though Chanyeol could make out hushed whispers and muffled noise at the back, birthday boy Baekhyun seemed heedless by it and was in his own bubble until he stepped into the living room with his hand over his 20 weeks belly.

A loud ‘surprise!’ and the sounds of party poppers was all it took for Baekhyun to burst out of his bubble and stumbled back into his husband’s warm embrace.

“Happy Birthday!” Everyone chorused and started to sing the famous birthday song to Park-Byun Baekhyun.

4 year-old Joon Seok, ran towards his daddy as fast as his little, imbalance feet would carry. He falls into his daddy’s embrace and wiped at the corner of the older man’s eyes that were wet with tears. “Happy birthday, daddy! Joon Seok and everyone had fun today. Preparing this!” the kid gestured towards the well decorated room with banners and balloons and nice wrapped gifts in the middle of the room.

Baekhyun thanked everyone and moved towards the table where his chocolate cake that he knew could only be Kyungsoo’s work - since that the said man was the only one person who would be able to bake it with rich textures that stands out and decorated in a way he would love it - was laid on top of it.

He blew the candle and wished something that only he would know because well, a wish is a wish when it is kept as a secret. That’s the fun in it.

He cuts the cake and handed it to everyone after feeding some to his husband, who later gave him a deep long kiss despite having 3 pairs of innocent eyes on them. The elderly coos at the sight while the younger ones pretended to blush and covered their eyes with their little hands, protecting their innocence, it’s not like they don’t see this kind of sight everyday at their house, displayed by their own parents’ affections towards each other.

 

 

Jongin pulled Kyungsoo towards the couch after seeing the discomfort on the latter’s face earlier while singing ‘happy birthday’ to the giant’s husband and cutting the cake.

“You okay?”

Kyungsoo nodded and leaned his head on his husband’s shoulder attempting to rest for a while.

“Do you want some cake?” his husband replied with a nod. Smiling, his husband placed a kiss on his crown of head before getting up to get him food.

Feeling the seat beside him dipped, he looked to his left and was surprised to see Joon Seok climbing up with ease and sitting next to him, grabbing a plate of cake. With how there were chocolate smeared around his lips and the half-eaten cake, he knew that the boy just had a bite of his delicious main dessert.

“The cake was nice Uncle Soo. I love it!” the little boy said giving him thumbs up. Kyungsoo chuckled at his cuteness, leaving a faint blush on the boy’s cheeks that the older seems to miss.

“Is that your first or second slice?”

“Because it’s so yummy, so this is my second,” he held out two chocolaty fingers gesturing it to Kyungsoo, who could only chuckle and somewhat be proud of his baking skills.

‘A pat on the back indeed, Do Kyungsoo,’ he grinned.

“Uncle say ‘aahh’...”

“Hmmm... Aahhh...” Kyungsoo opened his mouth and in went a spoonful of the chocolate cake. He looked down and the boy looked up with a grin on his face. He can’t help but ruffle the boy’s hair.

“Hey, kid. What are you doing to Uncle Soo?” Jongin eyed him suspiciously. Jealousy obvious.

The kid smiled cheekily at him and gave another bite of the cake to his beloved uncle before sticking his tongue out. Jongin's left eye twitched at that and stomped towards his previous seat that was on the right-side of Kyungsoo.

Joon Seok places his plate down and went closer to the older, who reached out for a tissue to wipe the boy’s lips. The little man was shocked when Kyungsoo gently wiped the corner of his mouth clean. He blushed profusely at that that the tip of his ears turned pink and he could feel butterflies in his stomach.

Once Kyungsoo pulled away with a smile on his face that Joon Seok epitomize like the beauty of spring where all the daisies bloom and leaves turning back to green as its tree spring back to life.

Seeing the weird gaze, the little boy was giving to his husband, Jongin snatched the tissue and threw it square on the 4-year-old’s face. Snapping him out of his reverie.

Joon Seok blinked and his gaze faltered onto the pregnant man’s belly. He cast a glance towards his daddy with his own 20 weeks’ belly and cocked his head to the side, wondering why does his daddy looks a bit fatter than his beloved uncle, when he knows that the said man was soon to deliver his baby. “Isn’t Uncle Soo supposed to be that big too?” he wondered out loud. Though it didn’t leave Kyungsoo’s ears that it made him chuckled a bit.

The latter had to admit that it is true, Baekhyun was slightly bigger than him in size. But that’s only because the man had quite the appetite and it was his second child after all.

“Uncle Soo, can I touch?” Joon Seok pointed towards his tummy with an interested gaze.

“Sure. Go ahead,” he leaned back and took Joon Seok’s small, shy hands towards his belly and placed it on top of it.

The boy gave it a little rub and unintentionally - or not - scoot closer towards the other that he was almost sitting on his lap. The little boy’s eyes glint with delight and awe as he feels some movement and a kick afterwards.

“Oh,” the soon-to-be dad gasped. “He kicked. He must have liked your touch then, huh.”

“Or maybe he’s telling him to shoo away,” Jongin remarked.

Joon Seok scowled at that dumb uncle of his and instead returned his attention towards the pretty man. “Uncle, why are you thinner than daddy?”

“Huh?”

“What?”

“Yeah. Why is daddy a bit bigger than you?”

At that Jongin snorted before laughing his off, head tilted back and eyes curved into slits. On his side, Kyungsoo just looked at him with that grin of his and not too sure that he will like the reaction of the man that was across the room, once he found out about it from his loud husband.

“Hey, Baekyun. Some kid just called you fat!” Jongin hollered while clutching his stomach and almost hitting the floor if not for his grip on the couch.

Joon Seok gulped and hide his face and his being as much as he can by using Kyungsoo’s arm before an ear-piercing screech killed him from across the room.

“Park Joon Seok!”

 

 

Music played softly in the background as stars shone brightly high above their heads. Cars passed by the sleek black car, that was going at 90 km/h on the driveway, making sure to not go too fast even though the man behind the wheels was feeling tired and sleepy and ready to head straight to bed. But nothing is much more important than getting home safely, he once had said.

The passenger hummed along to the song with his eyes on the dark clear sky. The driver thrummed his fingers on the steering, matching the beat and his head didn’t fail to catch up to the rhythm.

“Hey, Kyungsoo.”

“Yes, Jongin?”

“Do you think that I’ll make a cute over-protective and jealous dad? ...And husband?”

“Yes, you will be annoyingly cute as an over-protective and jealous dad and husband.”

A pout made its way across those plump lips that belonged to the driver upon the word ‘annoyingly’ that was emphasized by his favorite passenger.

Kyungsoo couldn’t help but chuckled at his husband’s childish act. “Ow, Kyungsoo!” Jongin’s pout turned even deeper when his lover managed to pinch his cheeks yet again.

“You are a cute driver, aren’t you?” he cooed. A huff was given to him and a one sulking husband.

A click was heard before a ruffling of clothes soon followed. Leaning over, the pregnant man gave the sulking guy a kiss on the cheek and let his lips hover there for a while.

The man on the receiving end melted inside at this, before realizing that there was a click that came before the rustling of clothes and the kiss. And soon panic settled in before a shriek from an over-protective and jealous husband boomed inside the car.

“Kyungsoo! Seat belt!”