Sass Meets A Bully

The Key To Your Heart

Laughter filled my ears as I entered the classroom. It’s pretty usual in the morning and we all are already used to it. Class 3-B is the second class that have balanced academics and curricular (that’s what I think). Most of us performed well in academics (but not as well as 3-A) and joined most clubs and activities around school. 

The first thing that caught my eyes when I stepped into class is Seungkwan's hand. 

"Hold up peasant! You almost step on my shoe" I stared at him in disbelief.

"You know you can just move it away Seungkwan-ah" and I received a smack on the back.

"A sass like me does not move his shoe away from a baby like you and that's Seungkwan-HYUNG, okay? Doesn't mean you jumped a grade you can be disrespectful to us especially me! Did your parents even teach you manners? Geesh... and are you glaring at me?"

I tried my best to fake a smile. Yes, Seungkwan is a bit of an as than a sass (Seungkwan: What did you say?) but I still love him though. Wait. Eww... I mean, I still love him as a friend. He's the one who helped me to adapt in this class since I jumped a grade... yes... what do you mean I'm Vernon. I'm Lee Chan!

 

 

 

 

Hansol: Hold up! Isn't this MY story? Why the hell is that Dino kid being the first-person?!

Me: Because he's my bias?

Hansol: Oh no sis, this is my story and I dont want him leading it!

Chan: What's wrong about me?!

Seungkwan: Everything!

Chan: Hyung!

Me: Alright, I get it. But I wont make a first person pov anymore. I'll change it to third person, happy?

Hansol: Yeah, sure

Me: *-*'

 

"Okay, HYUNG. I'm sorry. May I take my pardon?" Chan asked in a fake respectful tone manner before passing by with a fake smile. Seungkwan sighs. Is he a bit too much? He looks over his shoulder just to watch Chan sitting at his desk which is right behind his. Is he sulking because the pout on his face looks like a duck. Therefore, Seungkwan decided to talk about it, teasingly, even though he was sorry, he can never forget his sass.

Seungkwan just sat and was about to turn behind when a short girl came running inside screaming.

"The teacher is 10 metres away! And I think we'll have a new classmate!" the girl then sat beside Seungkwan, and the gossip begins. And surely Seungkwan forgot his intention earlier.

"Dahyun-ah, what does the new student look like? A boy or a girl?" 

"A boy" both of them squels while holding hands "and guess what. He's american ... or british? I'm not sure but I know he doesn't look Asian"

"Oh my God!" and both of them squels again, getting full attention of the class and an annoyed stare from Chan.

"Can you guys shut the f - "

"Chan, detention after school" no one realised that the teacher is already inside with the new student.

"sh"

"Add 1 hour for that" Mrs Jung is really strict even with vulgar words since she's the head of discipline. Everything must be perfecto for her.

"I'm so dead" he said as he bumps his head on the table.

"Haha funny Chan. Anyway, students. As you can see, this fellow here will be your new classmate. Mind introducing yourself?" 

The new student is probably God's most perfect creation. The student at the front of the class had golden brown hair, sleek and long, almost touching his shoulder. His eyes are light hazel, radiating warmth and comfort. The boy looks American but something screams Korean on his face.

"Hello and good morning, my name is Chwe Hansol, I'm from America and I'm half-Korean. Thank you"

Only a few clap their hands while the others remained silent, trying to understand the English that had just been spoken. 

"Okay, just for those who's still confused. His name is Hansol and he's from America"

Finally the class roars. A cheerful roar, welcoming Hansol and he smiled. He did smiled earlier which is quite forced but now, he looked happy and embarassed. Not sure why tho. 

"Okay guys, you can shut up now" and silence meets the class again. "You guys can talk with him later since we had class now, and Hansol, you can sit beside Chan over there"

The new boy than passes by Seungkwan's desk, unaware of the owner's silent squeling because, who can ignore Hansol's perfect looks? Chan greets Hansol as he sat next to him.

"Lee Chan" he said simply and Hansol was sure that this kid's eyes are glimmering with hope.

"Chwe Hansol" Hansol shakes Chan's hand before whispering to his ear "Let's save the intro later. I heard that Mrs Jung is scary" and both of them giggled like kids. Hansol thinks he found himself a best friend.

 

//after class ends and its recess time//

 

Hansol is expecting a crowd of students when Mrs Jung left the class but somehow, they're not coming. He looked around and was sure that all eyes are on him but still, they look hesistant. Like something is holding them back.

"Hello Chwe Hansol" The boy in front of him greets him "My name is Boo Seungkwan". The said Boo Seungkwan reaches out his hand for a handshake.

"Hey there, you can just speak with me in Korean" 

.

.

Seungkwan instantly dislike him.

"Then why the hell are you introducing yourself in English in a fking Korean school?!" There goes Seungkwan's sassiness.

"I'm sorry?"

"Is that a question or a statement?! If you can't make yourself clear then dont talk!"

"Dude, why are you so pissed off?!"

"Me, pissed off?!" Seungkwan rolls his eyes. "I am never pissed off for your information and..." He continues to blabber about himself being high and all, and Hansol find it really amusing. He wore a serious face but inside, he's dying for holding his laughter.

"Is he always like this?" Hansol whispered to Chan.

"Yeah, really annoying" Chan also trying hard to hold his laughs and now his cheeks fills like it's about to explode.

"Yah! Did you just insult me!" Seungkwan pointed at Chan "Doesn't mean you jump a grade, you can talk bad about me you peasant!"

"We're still about that hyung?" Chan whined.

"Wait, you jump a grade?" Hansol asked.

"Yes! He's a lowly peasant that needs to be taught about some manners towards elders!" Seungkwan exclaims and Chan could only sigh.

"Dont worry Chan. As long I'm here, I'll be taking care of you from this..." glances at Seungkwan before reaching towards Chan's ear. "spawn of a devil" and it was not a whisper though.

"WHAT? - YAH! CHWE HANSOL!!! COME BACK HERE THIS INSTANT!!!"

Hansol held Chan's hand and they started to run away from Seungkwan's deadly screams and curses. While sprinting in the hallway with Hansol pulling Chan, they accidentally bumped into someone, making them and the victim sprawling on the ground. The victim looks okay but Hansol and Chan's position is a bit awkward with Hansol lying on the ground and Chan on top of his chest. Chan meets Hansol's gaze and realised the situation before quickly standing back up with a flustered face. Really awkward.

"Next time, dont run in the hallway" a voice speaks and it turns out the victim is a teacher. Chan quickly bows while saying sorry and Hansol just stood up and recognise the familiar face in front of him.

"Oh hyung, sorry"

"Oh Vernon, hey there. I was wondering why you look familiar"

"Seriously hyung? Why on my first day of school I have to meet you in the hallway"

"What? You're the one who ran towards me"

"I didn't see you okay, geesh. Come on, Chan. Introduce me to the cafeteria!" Hansol grabs the boy's hand who seemed confused at the situation. "See you later hyung" and off they both go, leaving the teacher alone.

 

 

"Yes, see you after recess" the teacher said to himself and continues to walk through the hallway.

 


// AN: So here's the first chapter! I know its short and too much of Chan <3 but I'll just have to say that Chan's role in this fic is quite important as he's Hansol's best friend. I know, that this chapter looks like ChanSol but no, dont worry. Verkwan is sailing okay. This chapter, slightly explains Hansol's and Chan's start of friendship so yeah hahaha

And who's the teacher?! 

 

Anyway, this first chapter is kind of quick but I'll promise to make it slow on the next one and introduce the other ships. I'm in a rush. I had exams two days after this and I'm writing this lol 

.

// //