she leaves, she's gone

Broken: The Collection

The room is dark, silent. Yongsun feels like she isn’t at home. It doesn’t feel like home anymore. Not with Byulyi standing at the front door, duffel bags at her side and bloodshot eyes looking at the floor.

Yongsun is resolute, firm; doesn’t budge an inch even when the heavy weight of guilt burdens her and tells her to let Byulyi go.

“We can talk about this.”

“There’s nothing to talk about, Solar.” There it is again.

“Stop calling me that.” She hisses, the hurt poisoning . Byulyi says nothing else. “Please. Just- put your bags inside our room. I’ll make us something to drink.”

Byulyi sighs, heavily, deeply; her shoulders drop even lower, fatigue dragging her down. Yongsun’s eyes shift away from the sight.

“Stop. Let’s stop this, please. I’m tired.” Byulyi’s stare is hazy, almost like she isn’t really there and Yongsun’s resolve falters a little more. “I’m so tired, Solar.”

“I am too, so stay here tonight. It’s late and-“ Yongsun tries but Byulyi cuts her off without any mercy.

“I’m tired of this- of us. I’m tired of being in love with someone who won’t love me back as much.” Byulyi looks so broken, so utterly defeated and it comes as a heart-stopping shock to Yongsun because when did it get this bad?

When did Byulyi start to lose her shine?

When did she start to look less than Byulyi and more like Moonbyul, the stranger she met at the beginning of their long journey?

Yongsun can’t remember.


i uploaded this a while ago on twitter but i forgot to upload it here