it's a tragedy, really

Broken: The Collection

“Byul, no, please, no,” she begs. “I love you- please I love you,”

Byulyi can't hear her anymore. She is in a place Yongsun can’t reach. Her lips part slightly.

Yongsun leans in, grabs her hands tighter, ears straining to hear just a word, something, anything-

“Wheein,” she says breathlessly. A name.

Byulyi’s cracked lips struggle to form a weak smile and Yongsun feels something dark steal her soul in that instant.

Suddenly she is pushed aside, only held steady by large hands - her boyfriend, she realises - as she watches a young woman, holding her Byulyi tight, sobbing, yelling her name over and over and over again and it’s a sickening realisation that Yongsun’s too late when Wheein hurriedly presses a kiss to Byulyi’s lips.

“Wheein,” Byulyi says it so gently, it almost hurts to listen. “Why are you crying? Don’t cry.”

“You’re hurt, Byulyi-unnie, there’s blood everywhere, I can’t- it won’t stop, it's not stopping-" Yongsun hears the woman – Wheein – choke out. Her words are incoherent, mixed in with desperate tears and gasping breaths. Her hands, warm with crimson blood, presses on Byulyi’s wound, tries to stop the sickening flow of blood from a faintly beating heart.

Byulyi bleeds out on the grass and soil and Yongsun hates the colour red.

And while Byulyi’s heart stops bleeding, Yongsun’s one never does.


A/N: this was in my drafts for so long and i was gonna write a long- full story about it but i did a ficlet instead??? im as confused as u are tbh