Chapter 2: Banana Milk

A House of Cards

 

 

 

-JiHye-

*knock,knock, knock

I wake up to a sudden knock on my door interupting me from small nap." Yes?" I question as I made my way to the Door

" It's Jackson, Maria asked me to tell you that your parents are on their way and will be here in 15 minutes" I opened the door as I was still a bit groggy from sleeping and couldn't seem to hear him when his voice was muffled through the door. "What was that? sorry, I couldn't hear you."

"It's ok, Maria just said that your parents will be her in 15 minutes" Jackson repeated himself. " Will you and Jimin-shi be eating with us for dinner?"I asked." I don't know about but I am, I haven't said hi to your parents in a while" He replied with a smile" I'll get going, the guys and I were just playing on the playstation. they've waited long enough"He waved his hands and jogged back down the hallway. 

Closing the door I made my way back to my vanity and brushed my hair out. After applying some lip gloss on and checking that none of my masccara ran off, I Softened my dress out and walked out. I heared a conversation going on as I walked down the staircase looking at the front door it still seemed to be closed. I made my way into the dinning room and saw that the table was set but there only was five plates. Going into the kitchen I saw all three boys around the counter and maria getting glass cups from high shelves. Making my way towards her I easily got the cups, earning the attention of everyone in the room. I gave her a small smile and walked back to the dinning room setting the cups next to the plates. 

" The food smells great, I can't wait to dig in later when mom and dad comes back" I complemented her " Is Jimin-shi not going to eat with us today"

" Thank you, I tried hard remembering what types of food you liked to eat back in the day you know. I guess not that young boy did say that he already had his dinner reserved for someone else" she said after giving me a weary smile then walking back into the previous room. Following her back I walked slowly behind Jihoon attempting to scare him. " Noona you do know that I could hear you." said said turing his head around with a sly smile. The boys around him tried to hold in there laughter but it was abviously not working. I let out a sigh and walked infront of them and leaned on the counter to talk faced to face." Your no fun, Jihoon, I remember scaring you all the time back in Cali" I said with a frown on my face. " Noona that was years ago I'm not like that anymore" he said. True to his words, to me he still was my little brother who was a bit too mature for his age, but then again that wasn't his fault more likely mine at the least.

" Your parents are here" My butler stated entering the kitchen then walking out. Well I already forgot his name, now I feel bad. " What's wrong?" A voice said in a whisper. I turn my head to the right and see Jimin looking straight at me, he seemed to be very observent which made me want to learn about him even more. " Oh, umm I kinda forgot our butlers name haha" I said awkwardly seeing the expression of shock on his face but quickly changing it. " You know that you could speak comfortably around me right, Jihoon is like family too me so technocally you are too. And no worrys his name is Chul remeber!" he said. Aghh thats right, I repeatedly said his name in my head till we were in the main room again. The doors opened and showed my parents walking in, my mom was first and seemed to be in a rush but one look at me her face softened.

Her arms rapped around me with the warmth that I missed for too long " Oh, honey its soo nice to see you again you look great, Have been taking your meds, they seem to be working!" she said pulling away so that she could crush her hands on my cheeks. " Mom, please not know, theres people here" I begged her holding her hands in mine so that I could pull it away from my face. I awkawrdly laughed outloud so that I could change the topic, and too my surprise it did seem to work out as the attention shifted to my dad who also entered the room and made his way towards me after handing Butler Chul his suitcase and coat. " Sorry dear didn't mean to do that" My mom whisppered in my ear before letting me go so that I could walk to my dads embrace. I smiled at her showing her that it was fine knowing that she could be such a blabber once she gets too happy. " Hey sweet heart, how's it going" my dad said with a tight hug. " It's great dad, all I have left to do is two shootings and an interview till my whole schedule is cleared for a whole month" I said cheery, It's been a while since I had that much rest seeing as I had no time for myself,, I always being busy from my job. My dad ruffled the top of my head and gave me a smile before walking away to Jimin who I just noticed to be only a couple feet away from me. My mom linked her arms with mine as I was being pulled away to the couch so that I could sit down where Jihoon and Jackson was. The two guys looked so contented with their live has they sat on an opposite couch and talked about life. 

"Jackson how's it going for you, I heard you got a new instructor from Europe" My mom questioned. Europe? I made a confusing face wich consisted of my eyebrows being furrowed, my eye squinted and my mouth left a bit open showing just my two front teeth.

" HaHaHa noona, your making that face again" Jihoon said a bit too loudly, everyones eyes diverted to me and I quickly changed my face to how it was before making my cheeks a bit rosy. " I forgot to tell you but Jackson-hyung is a fencer and Jimin-hyung works in the hospital with me". Jackson chuckled a bit before replying to my mom about the new technique he learned. My mom rubbed her hand up and down my spine as the conversation continued but I couldn't quite listen as my attention was towards my dad and Jimin, they must be talking about plan and stuff at the hospital. My face quickly turned to Jackson as I made eye contact with jimin showing that I was stairing at him. I tried not to crack underpressure as he made his way to the couch after he shook hands with my father . He stood infront of me and i had no choice but to look at the floor feeling burdened knowing he's look strait at me.

" It was nice meeting you today Jihye but I must go now" he took his hand out and I clapsed it with mine giving him a shake. My mother stood up giving him a hug before asking him as to why he wasn't staying " I'm going over to KimCorps, he's been there for the whole week he's practically living there" He replied. I looked at him mentioning someone that I didn't know of but kept it to myself not wanting to be nosy. " Has he now, tell him I said that he should take it easy. Too much stress at his age isn't too good" my mom said, does she know who he is talking about it must be another one of Jihoons friends I thought. " Oh, and I forgot I'm throwing a celebration for Jihye comming back, make sure that to come and invite him too, Ok?"  she continued enthusiastically. " I will, Bye!" he said giving the two guys a hanshake which included a shoulder bump and pat on the back.He made his way out and the rest of us walked back to the kitchen getting ready to eat dinner.

Everyone was eating comfortable as there was small chit chat going on. The topic of my welcoming back party was up when dessert came out, I took my first bite red velvet cake when my mom mentioned that there were approximtly three hundred people attending . My eyes nearly fell out of their sockets knowing that there is no one I know here except for a couple models and Photagraphers, not to mention the two people I just met today.

" Who's attending" I asked looking around seeing how no one was affected by what she just stated. " Oh not much, probably just close friends and buisness partners, feel free to invite anyone though" My mom said joyfully " But, mom most of my friends are back in America!" I whined knowing that the real purpose was to keep close to other C.E.O so that we could have other companies to back us up if anything goes wrong. " Honey, you've already met Jihoons friends like Jackson and Jimin just hang out with them if you feeel lonley, you have alot of time to make friends at the party it is scheduled at 7p.m  on the day after tomorrow." She said I looked at Jackson who just gave me one of his friendly smiles, I smiled back not wanting to be rude but it did bring my mood up. I took a sip of my water as I was already full eating a small salad and soup.

The night continued as plans were being arranged over the table, Jackson said his farewells as his driver came by to pick him up. He gave me a hug before leaving gosh this boy does know how to warm up to people, he seemed to be a really jumpy person but rather cool to hang out with. Saying goodnight to everyone I made my way up to my room. Getting dressed in my pajamas I found in my already full walk in closet I sat on my bed with my phone and a glass of water. I set an alarm for 5:00 and began opening the lids of my perscriptions. Popping them into my mouth I took two gulps of water then began pulling the covers over my legs. Leaning on the headboard I opened a book and began reading.

/////

-Taehyung-

It was currently 8:00 when I finally finished organising the piles of papers and contracts on my desk. Its is such headache when a shareholder wants a bigger profit from your company to share. Like dafuq you signed a contract saying 3% nothing else, changing even just the smallest amount could have a huge impact, these old cranky people think that just because someone in thier 20's is in charge of a company doesnt mean that he's careless. Afterall I do have many lives on my shoulder, Once this place goes bankrupt ( Which it is not) all my employes will loose their job, and that is not happening.

I get a text from Jimin saying that he's on his way up and thats when I start putting my coat on and making sure I know where I placed my papers at. The door opens showing my bestfriend with an iced coffee in his hands half drunken, I grab my keys and turn the lights off and grab the drink from his hand taking a long refreshing sip. " Hey man what's up did you finish your work?" he said walking on the right of me down the hallway. " Dude I'm so ing tired, I just finished the last of my papers so I'll probably be free for the rest of the week" I replied. Exiting out of the elevator we decided to order take out and just eat at my mansion.

Grabbing some beer out of the fridge I walked back into the t.v room where Jimin patiently sat eating out of the pizza box. That's the thing about my best friend he doesn't even need to do anything big but you know that he's always there listening to you. I've met him in my last year of middle school, being the new kid that he was; Jimin wandered the halls trying to find his classes. After asking if he needed some help I looked at his schedule then found out that we had our classes all the same, that day on forwards we did everything together. Handing him the opened beer we talked about everything and anything, including the days we spent together during highschool.

Jackson, well he's a whole different story! Jimin and I decided to go get some icecream at a convienent store after a club that just finished. Going in the Icecream freezer at the corner of the store, Jackson didn't stand to far from us with one his hands aswell. AsJimin and I were looking at the flavors to pick, the bell to the door rung signalling customers comming in. Jackson quickly ducked down and ran over to Jimin and I looking more scared than flustered. He shoved the icecream cone in my hands and wedged himself in between Jimin and I turning us around to avoid our faces to the group of guys who entered. I of course didn't get to see his face at the time and was to shocked to do anything, when the guys finally left after a good three minutes he finally let go and turned to face us. I remember the look of sorry in his face and the way his hair was pointing in all different directions from his head. That's when I noticed who he was, Jackson hasn't been to school quite alot aside from eating, sleeping and practicing fencing he didnt go to school. His parents instead gave him multipal tutors to teach him at home. Jackson apologized explaning why he hid away from the muscular men saying that they go to the same gym as he does and that they knew his parents well. If they ever saw him anywhere but school, his house, or the gym he would have been dead especially with ice cream in his hands. 

Speaking of that kid I asked Jimin of where he was and why he couldn't join. " He's at Jihoons place eating dinner, something about not seeing Mr.Son in a while" Jimin said looking at the huge flat screened t.v. " Oh, I almost forgot! Are you busy Saturday, Mrs. Son is having a party at their mansion. I'm actually going so you should too." he said turning his face to me and away from the lit up screen." Is it anything big? You know that I like going to the club on Saturdays especially after this hectic week of being locked up at the office" I said a bit uninterested, as I remember correctly Jihoons birthday isn't in for another two months.

" I don't know if its that big I mean, Its for a welcoming back party for his older sister. Bro I didn't even know he had an older sister, I thought he was the only child."

An older sister? How come he hasn't mentined her for the past couple years we've known him. Well if it involves family I guess I should go, it is weird though we've practically spent every day together and he hasn't mentioned her. " Tell me about her?" I said getting curious.

" Well she looks to be about her twenties probable around our age and her hair is just about a little past her shoulder. Ooh and she's a bit quite too, not like me though, she tends to space off alot is what I ment. I think her and Jackson are getting along quite well, you know how he is."

Hmm, she sounds quite different from Jihoon almost the exact opposite. I've met Jihoon through Jimin, his first impression is friendly and really comfortable. Although he was pretty young when I first met him, he had alot to do at such a young age.

That night Jimin drank a little too much and ended up sleeping in one of the many guest rooms. After dragging him in a room and making sure he was comfortable I went to my room and straight into the shower. Having the warm water hit my tensed musceles I relaxed only a bit. Brushing my Brown hair back I relieved a deep sigh closing my eyes. Should I go to the party? I really need some time off, knowing how the Sons throw parties the're usually filled with C.E.Os and representatives. Turning the fosset off I left the stall with a clean white towel wrapped around my waist. Wiping the fogged up mirrors I stared at my reflection. What have I become B (Jihye), we made a promise but I couldn't keep it. I don't even know where you are, how am I suppose to continue.Should I just give up now? I only seem to be dragging myself around with some silly promise thirteen year olds make. 

I left the bathroom and sat onto my bed after dressing in my dark blue basketball shorts. Opening a small jewlery box I hid under my bed, I pulled out a crumbled  peice of notebook paper out. Smiling at the uneven heart drawn on the folded paper I remember so clearly what had happened that day almost ten years ago.

"B why are you crying? Did the guys bully you again, if they did I swear I'll punch their teeth out so that they can't say another mean thing to you." A frustrated 13 year old said. Digging a cold banana milk drink out of his brown paper bag he stuck a straw right through the middle and handed it to a crying little girl in the corner of the empty classroom.

" Haha you always know what to get me V , thankyou"  Jihye calmed down after taking a few sips of the drink in her hand.

" It's your favorite after all, that's why I call you 'B' for banana milk! Can you tell me what wrong now?" said the little boy sitting down next to the girl." Did the guys make fun of you for being fat?"

"No, it's not that" she said looking down." Yesterday my mom and dad said that we're moving to the states. My mom told my dad about how she saw the guys and girls pick at me while I walked to the car getting picked up a week ago. You weren't there you had a dentist appointment." 

" Your dad can't do that, if there is a problem he should just talk to the parents of the other kids. You can't leave me now Jihye I'll be all alone" the thirteen year old exclaimed getting teary eyed himself.

" That's what I said" the girl started to stand up but failed due to her heavy weight. V grabbed her hands and began pulling her with all his might. " My dad said that he was opening a hospital their so to make it easier we might aswell live there till it gets stable. But that just means that I'll be comming back, I promise" Jihye walked over to her book bag and ripped two pices of paper out giving on to V.

" Write a letter here so that you could read it whenever I miss you when I'm gone" B took a pencil out and handed it to V "I'll be making one too but promise me that you will open it once I'm gone, I'll be leaving tomorrow afternoon be sure to say goodbye to me. ok?" The two began scribbling on the paper saying the things they wanted to say for the next couple of years. Not knowing when they will meet again they concentrated on the piece of clear white paper until it was filled with lead.

"I'll give you my letter tomorrow, I haven't finished it yet but I promise not to read yours till i'm on the plane" Shouted Jihye through the small window of her car.

" That's ok, I'll have my butler bring me to your house so that I could say good bye" I said waving back . The window to the car slowly closed till B wasn't visible anymore. His smile turned upside down once the car drove away till it was faded into a small dot and finally disapeared.

 

~~~~~~    ~~~~~~    ~~~~~~    ~~~~~~

Chapter 2: Banana Milk

I know this chapter is a bit confusing but I just wanted to let you know that B is Jihyes nickname from Taehyung, It stands for Banana milk which is also Jihyes favorite drink. And yes V is finally introduced this chapter includes a little bit of the past through Vs eyes. Hope you like it, Thankyou for everything and please subscribe and Vote!!

 Song : Blood - by Day6