Chapter 1 : Don't Be Sad

A House of Cards

 

 

"Ma'am, Ma'am please wake up! The plane has just arrived welcome to Korea" A stewardess whose name I just read as Cathren gently woke me up.

I mumbled a quiet thank you and began stretching my limbs. looking around I saw people heading for the exit and gathering their belongings, A yawn escaped my opened mouth as I began to stand up and collect my book bag and of course checking that I had my passport, phone, and wallet. I gently smiled at the stewardess as I saw her again when I headed to the door.
   Ughh I better head out to the restroom, god knows what I look like right now. Making my way to the lady's room I caught a glimpse of a familiar person but to my luck he turned around blocking my view of his face. I frowned at my thought but brushed it away as I was already holding the handle to the door.
Just as I espected it. My hair pointing out in different directions and a bit of drool on the corner of my mouth. Refreshing myself up I checked the time and began calling my brother. The phone rang twice as I head out to retrieve my suitcase.

" Hey, I just arrived I was wondering if you were here yet?" I said into my phone as I struggled to get my suit case off of the conveyor in one hand.
"yup,  I'm actually picking up a drink right now. knowing how the long the plane ride was, I too was a bit thirsty when i got off" he chuckle back.
"Now that you mentioned it I am! what would I do without an amazing little brother like you"I gushed at him." where should we meet?" I asked.
" Near gate 18, I'll meet you at the exit. its not too far from where you are, it'll just be a quick left turn and just go straight. it'll probably take you up to 10 minutes at most. " he directed me.

Saying a quick goodbye I began my journey to the gate. I looked around at the people around me. Seeing how loved ones hugged each other, it made me smile.Before I knew it, I was met with a tall, dark haired (man is what I should say) boy waving at me in a wide smile. I rushed over trying my best to not look like some kind of dog chasing it's owner as if it's been Five years since it last saw him.Dropping my bag at my feet and letting go of my suitcases handle I then wrapped my arms around him in a bone crushing hug. We stayed like that for a good minute till he of course let go first.Picking up an ice cold americano off a near by table he handed it to me.

"Annyeong Jihye noona" Jihoon said in all smiles " how are you?" I asked  as we headed out the airport with my suitcase in his hands. God this is so refreshing I thought to myself as I took a long sip out of my drink. " Good so far, the meeting I had last night with the other doctors and dad took up 3 hours witch of course is a total buzz kill though."  he said in a tired expression. " Ayeee, don't be too sad I'm here now! How long has it been almost 5 years since I last saw you?" I said to cheer up the mood." Please noona don't ever say that again it only make me cringe" Jihoon said with a horrified look on his face." Hey! I'm not that old there's only a 3 year difference between us!!" I said back in defence.

We laughed it off as we head into his 2015 white jeep wrangler. Getting inside the passengers seat he immediately turned the A.C on with the radio following after dropping my suitcase into the back. As the tunes of the latest songs were being played the drive was quiet heading off into the highway.  I looked back into the city as it came into view thinking how long it has been since I came back to seoul, 8 years maybe? I lived in Korea my whole entire life until that is when i was 13. An incident happened which caused my family and I to move to California and since then that's where I built my life upon, It was just the last 5 years where evryone but me in my family moved back to Seoul, with the occasionally two-five day meet ups where either one of us would fly in if we had any extra time.Unknowingly I bounce my head to the beat of the song as I use my hands to drum on my lap.

"You like the song?" Jihoon asked casting me a side glance making sure to pay attention to the road. " I've actually been into this singer lately, isn't he pretty cool?". After getting a nod out of me he continued. I chuckled a bit dwelling on the thought. " What? what's so funny" he said back in a grin. 

" I don't know, aren't you suppose to be listening to girl groups or something?" I said in a teasing tone

" Actually Jihye, what you said there was very offensive. Incased you didn't know; I know many girl groups for your information, and hey Dean isn't too bad." Jihoon replied in a very offensive tone.

" Jeongmal, is that so?" I challenged him back.

"ye!" he shuffled and started started playing a pop song on the bluetooth of the car.

As a song started playing he suddenly started to scream the ending syllables of the words sung, bringing a smile to me face he continues the 'fanchant' of the names of who I'm guessing are the artists within the group. " PARK CHORONG, YOON BOMI, JUNG EUNJI, SON NAEUN, KIM NAMJOO, OH HAYOUNG. EH.I. PING.KUE!!" I looked at him in awe as he was just so into the song. Got to give them credits though, the song is pretty Catchy and the lyrics aren't to bad too, I guess thats whats in style now a days. A couple replays later and I too was singing along to the song! "Suelpeohajima No No No, Honjaga anya No No No, Eonjenanana naege hansang bichi dwue jun guedue!!"I sang along. 

~~~~~~~

I wake up to the busy honking cars outside of my window. Looking at my surroundings I was still inside the car which was parked in the front of a huge building. I wonder where Jihoon is, aish that boy, he didn't even leave a message of where he is. I take my empty cup I had at the begining of the day and began wandering around the street to find a trashcan but to my surprise there wasnt any. After my 3 minutes of searching I gave up and entered the building.Looking around the place it looked well kept. With the huge windows on the sides you could see the busy people of seoul walking. Going into the bathroom I washed my hads and fixed my apearence, is it just me or does everyone looked like a hog after waking up? I left the restroom looking in my purse, finally finding my phone I open it up and look for Jihoons number. "OUCH!!" I sudenly fall on the ground with a harsh impact from shoulder.

"Noona! Guenchana? " Jihoon yelled and began picking me up from the floor.I look up to find my brother with a red and flustered face.

" Aish jinjja! Where have you been? Why couldn't you have told me that you were just going to be here?" I questioined back, I straighted up and dust off the dust from my outfit. I was mad but with the face he was giving me I had to let it go.Eomeo, has this kid lost his manners! He even knows how to get out of trouble." It's fine just please don't do that again" I say in a more generous tone, not knowing where my younger brother has gone I'd atleast like to know If he's safe. My eyes suddenly widen from seeing extra people around him, with me falling down and suddenly finding jihoon I hadn't notice the new faces. I bend my body down in ninety degreas angle and began saying sorry " Jeosonghabnida, nan mobsi jeosonghabnida" (sorry, im very sorry).

" Ani ani, it's our fault we weren't seeing where we were going" A guy started bowing began saying cutting me off from my apology. He had black hair which seemed like to reach just right above his ears, he wore some black skinny jeans with a large red t-shirt, topping it off with a black beanie and a rectangular framed eye-glasses

" Deh, please forgive us." Another one started.The two seemed to be around my age, this one being a bit more musculer with blonde hair, he wore black joggers and a white-t, finishing it off with a blue jean jacket around his shoulders.

I awkwardly stare at the two after seeing how handsome they are, wow why aren't there any hot guys like them in Cali I thought forrowing my eyebrows. Hearing a cough to my side I restrain my eyes from the two cute guys in front of me. Jihoon giving me a weird look began to say" Noona these are my friends, I was just going to fetch them because Jackson hyung left his guitar in my room."

"Jackson?" I repeat his name. Looking at the two boys I notice a huge smile on the blonde guy, this must be jackson. I turn my gaze to the quite guy next to him giving him a warm smile, my guess is that Jimin is an awkward fellow huh. " Annyeonghaseyo, Son Jihye imnida! I'm Jihoons older sister, nice to meet you." I give the two a handshake as they say they're names aswell. True to my guess they are around my age, after another two or so minutes we head back to Jihoons car and began driving home with my two new acquaintance in the back seat.

"Hold on what about your cars, we left them at the building!" I question in confunsion. I turn around in my seat to find them in a calm state," It's ok we arrived there with our drivers, I texted them to head home as we are already going over your house." Jimin said looking at me in the eye. Him having a weird aura I turn to look at jackson who was giving me a straight face. Staring at him for another ten seconds he made a cute scrunched up face then bursts into a pit of laughter.Leave me in shocked state I then slowly started laughing along with him. Gosh, never would I have guessed  to knowing that the guy dressed in all swag with huge muscles is an ageo king. 

The rest of the car ride was filled with small conversations of how my trip was and learning a bit more of the two guys. Reaching my moms and dads mansion I jump out with a huge grin. looking up the steps to the door that then opened ever so slowly, I see Maria and an old man who i'm guessing is the butler. I've known Maria practically my whole entire life now, as to how she was my half Korean half American maid back in California. She was the one who taught me more about the different culture and the new language. With only one son who was in his mid thirties she was able to move with my family to Seoul. I ran up the steps to give her a tight hug which was also returned.

" It's great to have you back dear, you look amazing" she said with a motherly smile " Thanks Maria I try, haha I missed you soo much" I reply " Such a tease are you now hun, this guy right here is your butler his name is Chul" she said directing me to the balding guy who was fairly tall next to her. " Annyeohaseyo Jihye imnida" I bowed to him. Giving me one back he showed me a warm smile and said his own.

Entering the mansion I was hit with a full blowing smell of food, growing up with her cooking it was absolutley amazing. " Wheres eomma and appa?" I question .

" They should be comming here in about an hour." Jihoon answered, following where his voice trailed I see him making his way up the stairs with Jimin and Jackson trailing his back.

" I'll show you to your room for the night Miss. Son" Chul said a couple feet infront of the stair case with my suitcase in his hands. After making my way up to the top of stairs I walk down the hallway seeing as it was a three way intersection. After a couple doors down he then makes a right and stops on the second door to the left. I say a thank you as he left my suitcase infront of the door and makes his was back to the main area.

Walking inside I lock the door behind me and take a good view of the room. Feeling staisfied I walk into the walk-in closet with me luggage in hand. Seeing as how there were already a couple outfits hung up I choose a deep blue  V-necked dress that reached just above my knees. Deciding that I should just kill some time I walked into my ensuit and heated up some water in the tub myself knowing how busy Maria is with preparing dinner. I added in a rose scented bubble mixture before stripping myself and dipping my self in the bath. I closed my eyes as to ingulf myself in the nice warm water breathing calmly. It's been one hella long day and I tottally deserve this I thought. Jihoons friends are kinda weird though, but hey who am I to judge as long as they don't do some kind of illegal buisness he should be fine in making his own friends. My eyes shot open as I think more about what I thought. Hold on I haven't asked them about what profession they took yet, maybe they do illegel stuff and mom and dad don't know about it yet! Great now my mood is totally ruined I groaned, Goodness all I wanted was a warm bath!!

~~~~~~   ~~~~~~   ~~~~~~   ~~~~~~

Here you go, I know the first chapter isn't much but I didnt want to jump into the drama before you learned a thing or two from the main charater and the ones around her. Hope you guys like it, and trust me there will totally be spice in the story, so please subscribe and vote I will be 100% thankfull. ( P.S sorry for the small mistakes in this chapter please forgive me)!!!

D (Half Moon) - by Dean ft.Gaeko.