Chanyeol: Present

Wolves and Thieves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun wanted to get wasted and do our work tomorrow, but I told him no, we needed to get to my place so that I could show Baek the files. I didn't care if Jongin showed up. After Baekhyun does his job I don't care if I die. I would have completed my goal. The only goal I’ve ever had. Find out who killed my parents and kill them.

 

Baekhyun always liked to call my house small, but it's a mansion. Two floors, seven rooms, the largest backyard I could get and no basement. I made sure the house didn't have a basement. Ever since I was small I've wanted a house. My parents were “travelers” so we never stayed in one place long and my foster parents weren't the greatest either.

 

It’s been about thirty minutes now since Baekhyun and I finished with the files and contacting others within the city. Baek said he'd need another copy of this list if we wanted Onew dead quicker, since everyone still in Krimson City who might want to kill him are all “little fish”.

 

As it turned out I didn't have the right sized flash drive and Baek didn't have enough energy to keep going anyway. It didn't really matter though because it was spread across SM-T and was nearly spread across the galaxy and the people need it can get it, the goal was complete. Baek had fell asleep on my velvet couch as soon as we had gotten done with everything, but I have been a bit antsy. What do I do now that my life's goal is fulfilled? Well whatever I guess. I should just start with going to bed.

 

I climb the stairs and as I pass Baek I give his head a pat and he mumbles something to me sleepily in return. As I am walking up the stairs I take off my shirt and head into the bathroom to get ready for bed.

 

I brush my teeth, floss, wash my face and just as I'm drying the wet spots still on my face, someone decides to say my name from the window. Of course it's none other than Jongin. I am, yes very surprised by his sudden appearance and let out a small embarrassing squeak. “What the hell are you doing in my bathroom?” I growl.

 

“Don't worry it only seems the first time.”

 

Jongin smiles and that makes me angry. It makes me angry because Jongin is acting very casual for someone who tried to kill me. Multiple times. In one night. “You're getting huffy Channy, something the matter?”

 

“Jongin, do you think it would be possible for you to leave?” This is too much for me right now. The possible love of my life tries to kill me then shows up in my bathroom the next night. Perfect.

 

“Yeah, it’s definitely possible, but it isn’t going to happen. I need-” I cut him off.

 

“No!” Well there goes my last drop of patience. “You don’t get to need anything from me!”

 

The boiling anger in my stomach is a feeling that I haven't gotten in years. Jongin takes a step closer to me and in return I take a step back. I see his eyes flicker to the side, he must be debating about something. If I wanted to I could attack him right now, but from the fighting skills he's showed me, he has been trained. “Channy-”

 

I stop him before he can finish that sentence. “Stop calling me that! You don’t have the right, not anymore.”

 

He scoffs before he speaks. “Why not? I’m not the one who left! You left me...remember?”

 

“And you tried to kill me!”

 

“I didn’t know it was you!”

 

“I am not even sure I care that it was me, what I care about is the fact that you were out there ready to kill someone, you didn't even know!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter