finale

the short-term soulmate.

 

 

a very special prompt to the subscribers of 0208: spread woohyun's loves and also the followers of intsa/hardcore.ifnt

 


 

 

Some people were born with soulmate-disorder (SD) and their disorders may vary from one person to another. Some of them were born with black and white as his/her color and eventually his/her soulmate born with multicolor except for black and white. When they meet, their colors combined. Some of them were born with a matching tattoo with his/her soulmate and some of them were born with soulmate clock on his/her wrist. The disorder was varied from one to another.


-

 

The room was dark -so dark until Woohyun couldn’t see his own hands and feet. He looked around the room to search a source of light. He stepped forward slowly so he won’t injured himself, or fall or stepped on something. His hands was trying to search, touch or grab something that he couldn’t see -maybe a wall, or a table that can lead his walk.

“Hyun ah,” Woohyun heard someone called his name.

He turned around to look for the source of voice but still he couldn’t help himself to feel bone-chilling.

“Wh-who’s that?” Woohyun stuttered and was still stepping forward to follow the voice.

“H-help me,” the voice pleaded.

“I can’t help you if you didn’t show yourself or tell me where you at,” Woohyun tried to sound brave thou he could pee in his pants in any seconds.

“I want you to look for me. I don’t want to die,” the voice said.

The clock ticked.

 


“Nam Woohyun!” a loud bang from the door was awakened Woohyun from his sleep. The trace of his saliva clearly can be seen on the corner of his lips.

“Y-Yes Officer Kim,” Woohyun immediately stood up upon heard his name been called by a man was older than him by 5 years. Not to forget, Woohyun wiped his saliva before giving a salute to that man.

The man that had a very toned chest that been concealed under his fitted white shirt named as Officer Kim Sunggyu handed a thick brown file to Woohyun. He rolled up his sleeves as Woohyun’s room was hot due to broken air-conditioner and revealed a wordy tattoo that tattooed in Arabic -which Woohyun’s very sure it was Arabic -on his right arm. The wild veins stuck under his pale white skin made Officer Kim was the hottest male cop in that department.

“You say that you had a found a trace of inside his stomach. Is that support the evidence that the victim was actually one of the drug’s dealer and he was hid the drug inside his stomach?” Sunggyu hugged his body while looking at Woohyun that was still examining the files that been given by Sunggyu just now.

Woohyun flipped the page one by one, “Well, it can but still it wasn’t a strong evidence to say that he was a drug dealer,” Woohyun said and handed the files back to Sunggyu, “Oh by the way, Sungyeol already processed the green things that I found inside his mouth and guess what, it was *ACF,” he added.

*I just make out the name hehe.

“ACF. Oh . Oh man,” Sunggyu laughed as he clapped his hand, “We’re hitting a jackpot!” Sunggyu said.

Woohyun looked confused, “Why? Why is that?”

“That man will solve L’s case. Yes,”

“L..? Ah, you mean Kim Myungsoo sshi?” Woohyun nodded his head, “Oh, oh. So we’ll know his whereabouts then?” he snapped his finger, “Damn son,” Woohyun chuckled.

Sunggyu headed to the door, “Thank you, Woohyun,” he said as waved his files to him.

Woohyun smiled in return. After Sunggyu is missing from his vision, Woohyun went to the morgue trolley where a dead body is awaited him for autopsy. He tied up his blue plastic apron on his body before slipping the medical gloves to both of his hand.

But before he could wear the gloves, his eyes caught on the drawing of clock on his wrist.

“What the,” his thumb touched the clock drawing that looked like been activated.

Beep.

“Ah, ah,” Woohyun surprised by the beeping sound. He patted his chest as he almost got a heart attack.

The clock started to countdown. The milliseconds started to tick and made the seconds followed too.

“What the is this?” Woohyun started to panic and rubbed the clock drawing on his wrist.

But the clock still did the countdown.


-


The water from his hair was still dripping alongside his temple to his sideburns before falling to his chest. He looked at his own reflection on the mirror that been covered by steam of the hot water. His damp hair stuck on his forehead was been dried using the small towel hung on the wall. His eyes once again caught on the ticking clock on his wrist.

“People will think I’m hiding a ticking bomb,” Woohyun said to himself.

He headed to the kitchen to grab his first-aid kit. The white bandage that he thought he had kept wasn’t there anymore.

“Sungjong ah, did you use the white bandage in this first-aid kit?” Woohyun said aloud.

Sungjong appeared in the kitchen a moment later, “White bandage?” he frowned his forehead, “No, I didn’t,” he shook his head.

“Weird,” Woohyun rubbed his neck.

“Why, hyung? Did you hurt anywhere?” Sungjong said as he came nearer to him.

Woohyun quickly hid his hand behind, “N-no,” he shook his head.

“Ey, hyung,” Sungjong stood few inch away from him, “Show me, then,” Sungjong said and tried to reach Woohyun’s hyung.

Woohyun put his hand up to the air, “No, nothing,” he said.

Sungjong hand reached for his arm, “Hyung, you should know, I’m taller than you,” he gave his famous smirk.

Sungjong examined his arm, “Why you need bandage, hyung?” his lips slightly pout as he exchanged his look with Woohyun, “There’s no cut,” he added.

“No?” Woohyun questioned back. He looked his wrist, “Yeah, it’s gone,” he mumbled and his thumb caressed the spot that used to have the clock drawing.

Sungjong made a step out of the kitchen, “Oh hyung, mum is coming this weekend” he said before plugging his earphones back.

“Mum. Yeah, maybe mum knows about this,” he monologue.


-


He saw a figure where his back was faced Woohyun. A tattooed-wing was colored with gray and back stuck proudly on the left of his shoulder blade. The figure’s body proportion looked so familiar for Woohyun. The broadness of his shoulder, the firmer and stronger pair of arms.

He heard the voice again. The voice pleaded him to save him.
He looked around to search the voice but as he sight went back to the place of the unknown man stood up, he wasn’t there anymore.

“Save me,” the voice echoed.


-


“Are you sure you’re fine, dude?” Hoya skated his moving chair to Woohyun’s direction.

Woohyun glanced up to face Hoya. He tired eyes exchanged look, “Yeah. I guess so,” Woohyun said weakly.

These past days, Woohyun was been haunted with nightmares. He can’t even to have a short nap because the dream will greet him -again, and again. Woohyun was sure, the dreams were the clues to lead him something. Something that he didn’t sure, what was that.

“Can you cover up my shift tonight?” Woohyun said while rubbing his runny nose with the soaked tissue.

“Yeah, sure,” Hoya smiled, “I’ll let Officer Kim knows later,” Hoya continued.

Woohyun patted Hoya’s back, “Thanks dude,” he applied some forces on Hoya’s shoulder blade.


Before going home, Woohyun stopped at pharmacist to buy cold medicine. His eyes were heavy made he couldn’t open properly. His migraine attacked him again and he swore he already ate half of the bottles of migraine pills. His weak hand pulled the glass door slowly and made the bell sound rang.

“Welcome,” one of the workers greeted him.

He headed straight away to the counter to ask for the cold medicine. Hie vision was too blurry as his eyes started to pour up liquid die to his massive headache and made he bumped with a man.

“Watch out, dude,” the man said.

“Sorry,” Woohyun bowed.

He started couldn’t feel his legs and made his steps became sloppy. His wobbled legs finally gave up and made Woohyun fell frontwards. His face met the tiles first and he didn’t remember what happened next.

 


Woohyun could feel a strong force was shaking his body and sent him back to reality. He opened his eyes and saw few empty beds across him. A strong wind knocked the glass window with heavy rains hammered it. It was very dark outside.

“How do you feel?” a raspy voice was heard from Woohyuns left-side.

Woohyun looked for the voice and his eyes caught on a strong figure walked to his bed. His dark brown hair was falling across his forehead -in which a sight that Woohyun never seen before. His white shirt wasn’t been tucked into his midnight blue pants made the creased on the shirt clearly can be seen. The sleeves have been rolled up to his elbow and made his expensive gold-coated watch shone under the fluorescent light of the ward he been admitted.

“Officer Kim what are you doing in here?” Woohyun asked him. Sunggyu was the last man he wanted to see by that time.

Sunggyu flashed his smile. His small apple cheeks appeared on the both sides. His eyes looked much more smaller than before -almost formed like two thin lines with eyelashes lined perfectly.

Woohyun could feel his heart beat faster than usual -because of that smile.

“You bumped with me in the pharmacist and you fell after that,” he said as pulled out the chair manly and sat on it, “I thought I was the cause,” he let out his small laugh.

Woohyun rubbed his neck, “I’m sorry” he said.

“I must be pushing you so hard,” Sunggyu paused, “The doctor said you were stressed,”he said.

Woohyun shook his head as he tried to deny Sunggyu, “N-no Officer Kim. You didn’t push me. I, I just didn’t get enough sleep lately. Haha,” he laughed awkwardly.

Sunggyu stood up, “I’ll let you rest for 5 days. You can call on duty next week,” he said at last before leaving Woohyun.

As Sunggyu closed the door behind, Woohyun took in some air into his lungs after feeling suffocated when Sunggyu was around. He searched his phone inside the drawer beside the bed and pressed on Sungjong’s number. He lied to Sungjong about he been hospitalized by telling he will on duty all night.

He placed his phone under his pillow after making a call and again, the beep sound was heard.

The clock ticked again and the number was different from the last time Woohyun saw. It started to countdown from 83 days instead of 90 days.

“The clock was still functioning even though it was been deactivated,”he thought.


-

 

Woohyun was rested his head on his mother’s laps while his eyes fixing on the TV. Sungjong sat beside their mother while playing some games on his smart phone. Woohyun glanced the clock once awhile as he waited Sungjong to go bed.

“Sungjong ah, should you go bed now? It’s already 11,” Woohyun tilted his head to face Sungjong.
“For God sake, hyung. I’m not a high school student anymore,” he said while eyes fixing on the screen of his phone.

Woohyun let out his small frustration, “Mom,” Woohyun pouted as he looked on his mother.

Mrs. Nam was smiling when saw his doing, “Sungjong ah, why not you sleep a little bit early tonight,” her hand brushed Sungjong’s hair.

“Okay,” Sungjong answer made Woohyun gawked. He needed to learn his mother secret’s weapon to persuade his only little annoying brother.

As Sungjong lost from their eyesight, Woohyun immediately sat and faced his mother’s face.

“Mom, can I ask you something?” Woohyun said.

Mrs. Nam smiled, “Sure. What’s that about?” she said.

Woohyun pulled up his sleeved up to his elbow and showed the clock to his mother, “Can you explain about this?” Woohyun asked.

Mrs. Nam’s faced changed drastically. She looked terrified and slightly agape upon saw the clock. No, it can’t be.

“I keep dreaming something terrible after getting this clock, mom. What should I do to stop it?” he sounded helpless.

Mrs. Nam touched the clock on her son skin gently before exchanging the look with him. She rolled up her sleeve too and showed the exact clock on her wrist. The faded clock.

“I used to have it too -when your dad is still alive,” his mother said.

Woohyun examined the clock on his mother’s wrist and looked back on his clock, “What does it mean, mom?” Woohyun asked her.

“People called this as The Cursed Clock since it showed the time of your soulmate has before she/he died,” she stopped as gained her own oxygen, “It’s one of the Soulmate Disorder, SD. The clock will stop ticking when your soulmate died and slowly it will fade away from your skin. My clock was activated a year before your father died, and I don’t understand why your numbers are so less,” his mother looked confused.

Woohyun was dazed with Mrs. Nam’s explanation. The input that his mother gave was way too much for his brain to engulf, to digest and to make him understand.

“I, I don’t understand, mom. I, I even didn’t know who’s my soulmate. Does dad knew about this?”

Mrs. Nam shook her head, “Nobody is allowed to know the existence of the clock, Woohyun and nobody can see the clock, actually,”

“But you can?”

“Because I suffered from SD too, Woohyun,”

Woohyun couldn’t accept the reality he faced by that time, “What should I do, mom? Perhaps, I dreamt about my soulmate along this time. He, he was asking me to save him. He didn’t want to die,”


“My advice is, you need to look your dream carefully -looked for a hint that described himself. You cannot save him, Woohyun. You can’t, but you can make his life meaningful,” she said.


-


Woohyun just finished his quick bath after finishing his autopsy. Hoya was absent on that day and made he needed to cover all Hoya’s job. He walked to his locker and pulled out a clean t-shirt with pair of short pants to wear. He checked the reflection of his face on the mirror for the last time before going back home.

“Going back home, already?” someone tapped his back; made Woohyun jumped in surprise. Luckily he didn’t scream or he’ll be humiliated for the lifetime.

“Ah, Officer Kim. Yes, I’m going home,” he tried to smile.

Woohyun tried to swallow his own saliva to wet his dry throat after his eyes catching something sensual on Sunggyu’s body. Sunggyu was topless, with towel wrapped around his waist. His abs was toned perfectly even though the lines weren’t there -perhaps of the lighting. His chest was broad, so firm, so bouncy that called Woohyun to touch it. Not to mention his deep perfect collarbones that could swim dolphins inside it. His hair was wet, and made the water dripped off from his jawlines to his well-parted chest. Woohyun was burning inside. Addition to Sunggyu’s y, masculine cologne called Woohyun to do something bad to him. He could feel his body temperature rose up.

“I-I’ll go home, now, Officer Kim,” Woohyun stuttered.

“You should called me Sunggyu hyung, Woohyun since it’s already pass the work time,” Sunggyu smiled but Woohyun fantasized he grinned instead.

“Ah, o-okay, Sunggyu hyung,” Woohyun wanted to run away. He could burst if he was still there.

Sunggyu turned around and made his back faced Woohyun. Even though Woohyun was in a deep fantasy, but still the tattoo on Sunggyu’s shoulder blade caught his attention.

That wing.

 

-

 


“Ah, what should I do, Lord,” Woohyun groaned and threw his pen away.

“Why it must be Officer Kim,” Woohyun mumbled to himself, “I prefer if my soulmate is Hoya, Lord,” he said.

“I heard someone called my name,” Hoya eventually passed by there and made he stopped. He walked to Hoya and his hand reached for the chair.

“Girl’s problem?” Hoya chuckled.

Woohyun shook his head, “I wish it’s a girl’s problem but no, it isn’t and I don’t ing have a girl,” Woohyun knocked his head on the table.

“Wow, wow, easy dude. Tell me, what’s wrong,” Hoya asked him.

“I’m ing need to love a man,” Woohyun said.

Hoya gawked in surprised. His eyes grew larger and his eyebrows rose up, “ing no. No, don’t say that you ing love me, Nam,” Hoya said.

“ing no. Why must you?” Woohyun disgusted, “I’m ing straight, and damn why, ugh,” Woohyun groaned.

“Did I ever straight because the last time I checked, I drooled for Officer Kim,” his own thought made he grew more frustration.

“No, ing no. You like Officer Kim?” Hoya screamed and thanks goodness they were inside the mortuary.

“Shut up, Hoya,” he tried to calm Hoya, “Look, I need to love that man, okay even though I don’t want to,” Woohyun tried to explain.

Hoya looked more excited, “You him, don’t you?” he smirked, “Or, he s you?” he said.

“We’re not ing each other, man for God sake, calm your own ,” Woohyun swore he never cursed so much like on that day.

Hoya was still laughing, “I don’t know what happened to both of you actually, but you’re ing great with him,” he said.

and a file landed on Hoya’s head.

 

-

 

Woohyun glanced on his own wrist and the clock was still functioning -60 days left. He tried to close his eyes again thou its already pass midday. He didn’t want to do anything on that day. His lazy hovered his body, and also his feeling. He still didn’t do anything about the clock and the soulmate. He just didn’t know where to start, actually.

“Officer Kim, you’re my soulmate and I need to protect because you only got 60 days left,” Woohyun talked to himself.

“Stupid, he’ll think I’m mad,” he said while biting the inner cheek.

“Think, Woohyun, think. He only got for God sake like 2 months and you still didn’t do anything,”

“Maybe he wasn’t my soulmate, thou because I don’t feel any attachment towards him,” he frowned while talking to himself.

“Ah, I really didn’t know,” Woohyun sat on his buttocks and rammed his hair.

Woohyun closed his eyes with his mind full of thoughts about Officer Kim.

The ringing phone snapped Woohyun from a deep thoughts. He looked on the lighted screen intensely before deciding to pick up.

“Hello, Officer Kim,” Woohyun said.

“Woohyun, are busy right now?” Sunggyu sounded like in hurry on that time.

He looked on the wall clock, “No, I’m not. Why is that, Officer Kim?” Woohyun sounded innocent.

“Great. Well, get ready, I’ll pick you up in 30 minutes,” Sunggyu said.

“W-wait, wait, what? Why? How?”

Sunggyu ended the call.

Woohyun was still can’t register what happened actually. He spaced out for awhile and another there was another incoming call from Sunggyu, again.

“Woohyun, I’ll be in 15 minutes. Get ready,” Sunggyu said. Sunggyu voice was mixed up with the noise from a loud music and also sound of strong wind whooshing.

“Wait, Officer Kim,” Woohyun called him but the line was cutting off again.

 

Sunggyu was driving inside his 4WD that Woohyun believed it was a new car since he never saw that. Along the journey to a place that Sunggyu had kept as a secret, neither of them muttered any words. Only a loud music from the radio filled up the awkward atmosphere. The tall trees and huge fields were greeted both of them along the drive. The weather looked perfect on that day -not too hot, just nice, windy and soothing.
Woohyun started to panic as Sunggyu drove the car into a thick forest. The road wasn't made of bitumen, and only pebbles and small rocks covered the road. Maybe that was why Sunggyu drove a 4WD instead of his usual car or someone needed to pump in tire. The road started to smooth as the car neared a white cottage. There were a lot of cars parked around the cottage and most of it were 4WD.

“I get you a suit. I hope it fit you well,” Sunggyu said as his finger pointed on the hanging suit at the back.

“I’m sorry, Officer Kim but why we’re here?” Woohyun asked him.

“It’s my sister’s wedding,” Sunggyu said shortly, “Change quickly, we’re late now,” Sunggyu said and jumped out from his car. He let Woohyun used the car for changing.

 

 

“I made it,” Sunggyu came greeted his sister that looked so pretty in her white wedding dress. It was a mermaid cut with heart-shaped cut for the top revealed her perfect cleavage. She didn’t wear veil; only a small butterfly pin with shinning stone adorned her short black hair.

“Who’s ing work during his own sister’s wedding,” his sister looked annoyed.

Sunggyu gave his sly smile, “Sorry, noona,” he didn’t prolong his talk.

Woohyun followed Sunggyu from back and he looked so uncomfortable around the unknown people.

“Oh, this is Woohyun, my friend. Woohyun, this the bride, my only sister,” Sunggyu introduced.

Woohyun pulled out his hand for a handshake, “Nice to meet you, noona,” he smiled.

“Nice to meet you, too,” she smiled, “Please, have yourself welcomed, Woohyun. I need to meet others,” she continued.

Woohyun nodded and gave a space for the bride to pass through.

 

“You must be surprised for my sudden call, right?” Sunggyu tried to break the silence between them after getting themselves food.

Woohyun nodded.

“I supposed to bring Dongwoo, but he got an emergency and you’re the only one I thought,” Sunggyu said before shoving his food into his hungry cavity.

Woohyun remained silent.

“You really don’t talk much, aren’t you?” Sunggyu asked him.
“I guess so. I’m not very good to interact with living people, actually. They’re complicated,” Woohyun said.

“Wow, wow, Woohyun, I never thought you’re really this introvert,” Sunggyu placed down his cutlery.

“I take that as compliment, then,”Woohyun let out his small laugh.

“You need to live like today is your last day, Woohyun. We never know when we’ll die, so we need to work that off and enjoy your life,” he said.

Sunggyu’s words struck his heart hardly. A huge plot twist was happening -Woohyun knew when Sunggyu will die.

“Do you have any plan tonight?” Sunggyu asked him.

Woohyun shook his head, “Besides going back home and sleep, I don’t have any,” he said.

“I have something to show you,” Sunggyu said.

 

 

“Ah, my ing head,” Woohyun rested his head on the wooden table that separated him with the bartender.

He just finished up his 10 shots and Sunggyu was still slurping down his drink.

“Was it great?” Sunggyu asked Woohyun after placed down his glass on the table.

Woohyun shook his head, “I could feel my head was about to explode,” Woohyun said.

“C’mon Woohyun, it just a starter,” Sunggyu said.

“No, no. I don’t want to have it anymore,” Woohyun didn’t take his offer.

 

-


Woohyun woke up on the next morning after having an urge to puke. He straightly ran away to the opened door across the bed. He emptied out his stomach into the sink with running tap water. After made sure the nausea was no longer there, he cleaned the mess he made on the sink. He washed his face with cold water and made he felt refreshed than before; and also made he realized he wasn’t inside his own room.

He looked on his own reflection on the mirror, and saw the top of him. His eyes slowly trailed down his own body and gladly his pants was still there. Fuh.
Woohyun walked out from the bathroom slowly and headed to the bed that been covered with a thick white duvet. He could see the duvet was moving up and down slowly and steadily. The white shirts were scattered on the carpeted floor. His sweats started to pour down as he came closer to the bed.

The moving duvet stopped Woohyun from stepping any further. He swallowed his saliva, took a deep breath and walked to the lamp-rest. He grabbed his belongings on there with his eyes still looked on the figure on the bed.

“Woohyun,” a hoarse voice called him made he faced the owner of the voice.

Woohyun’s heart skipped a beat as he met the pair of the small eyes belonged to Sunggyu. His face looked so tired but still he managed to smile to him. His hair was messy, damped with gel or maybe sebum on his forehead. His face wasn’t flawless -there were smiling lines, and also pimples on his chin. For a moment, Sunggyu looked like a lost child, a cute lost child. For a moment, Woohyun forgot about the manly side of Sunggyu as he really dumb-struck with Sunggyu’s childish side.

“I should drive you home,” Sunggyu said to him, “But, I’m so tired now,” he added. His voice sounded weak.

“I’ll get a cab. You don’t need to drive me home,” Woohyun said.

Sunggyu nodded as his eyes shut tightly, “Bye, Woohyun,” he mumbled.


-

 

Woohyun caressed the ticking clock on his wrist one day when taking a short break after the autopsy. 50 days left. He closed his eyes awhile as thinking Sunggyu’s words on the other day -live your life.

“Did you find anything?” Sunggyu’s voice made Woohyun woke up.

“Officer Kim,” he quickly stood up, “Yes, I did. Here,” Woohyun led Sunggyu to the morgue trolley and handed him a pair of gloves.

Sunggyu put them on and began to examine the dead body. He looked through the huge cut on the head while Woohyun watching him from the opposite side of the trolley. His mind wandered to elsewhere and made Sunggyu called him few times.

“Yes, Officer Kim,” Woohyun looked clueless.

“Don’t forget to hand the sample to Sungyeol,” Sunggyu reminded him.

Woohyun nodded, “Okay,”

Sunggyu threw out the gloves into the dustbin before making steps to the door.

“Officer Kim,” Woohyun called Sunggyu and made the latter stopped.
“Yes,”

“Are you free tonight?”

“Yes and why?”

“I’m asking you for a dinner, at my place,”

Sunggyu smiled, “Okay. Meet you at 8 then,” he said.

When Sunggyu wasn’t around anymore, Woohyun went mental breakdown. Why the words even slipped out from his tongue? How’s about Sungjong? Oh God, Woohyun, you just made a huge mistake. Ugh.


-


Woohyun handed his credit card to Sungjong as a bribe so he won’t be inside the house later. Sungjong didn’t argue much because Woohyun never, ever gave to him this much freedom, and money. Sunggyu came at 8 PM sharply with his jeans and baggy stripping t-shirt. His hair wasn’t been styled up, and made it covered his forehead. Not to forget, a red wine as a present.

“So, you must have something to tell me, and that’s why you asked me for this dinner,” Sunggyu said after having the dinner.

Woohyun handed the empty wine glasses to Sunggyu and made the latter poured out the wine into it. He passed one filled glass to Woohyun before slurping down the wine into his throat.

Woohyun was few inches away from Sunggyu. He placed down the wine glass before speaking.

“Well, actually,” Woohyun was nervous. He even rubbed his hands to each others and his feet fidgeted.

Sunggyu waited his words, “Look, we really didn’t do anything on that night. We just drunk and sleep, particularly on my bed. That’s it,” Sunggyu said.

Woohyun was fighting with his inner conflict. That wasn’t the thing he wanted to tell Sunggyu.

“Do you have that one little thing you always wanted to do before you died?” Woohyun blurted out as he didn’t think he can say what he wanted to say.

“Eh?”

“You said, live your life, so I’m wondering, you must have that tiny little thing you wanted to do so much,” he explained.

Sunggyu rubbed his neck, “I don’t have any solid wishlist to do actually. I just do what I wanted to do,” he said, “But, before I died, I really want to have a someone, someone that will be always for me, loves me, hugs me and do something crazy together,” he smiled.

“You mean, a lover? Or a soulmate, perhaps?” Woohyun frowned.

“Lover and soulmate are the heavy words, Woohyun,”

Woohyun bit off his bottom lips, “Then, what you called them?”

“Just a someone,” he said shortly, “How about you, Woohyun?” the question was given back to him.

“Me? Um, I don’t know,” he mumbled.

“You must got something to do,” Sunggyu chuckled.

Woohyun’s lips curved upwards, “Maybe a kiss? I don’t know, Officer Kim,” he shrugged.

“You never had a kiss before?” Sunggyu exclaimed.

Woohyun shook his head, “No, I don’t,”. He was embarrassed.

“Woohyun, look at me,” Sunggyu raspy voice called him seductively and made he looked at Sunggyu.

Sunggyu’s eyes were deep and full of sensual tension. His lips were like calling for Woohyun to kiss it. The fantasy about Sunggyu was coming again, and damn Woohyun really felt hot, .

“Woohyun, if you really like me, you should tell me,” Sunggyu’s words snapped him out from fantasy. He could feel his face burned in embarrassment and his cheeks were turning red.

“I could see how much you wanted me, Nam, since inside the locker room,” Sunggyu was calling for Woohyun’s little devil out.

Woohyun looked down on his own laps. He fist up his knuckles on his thighs. He bit off his lower lips.

“Woohyun, look at me,” Sunggyu’s voice so damn near to him. He tilted up his face and his nose brushed with Sunggyu’s lips.

Sunggyu’s finger traced Woohyun’s jawline before meeting his supple lips. He rested his thumb on Woohyun’s chin and with a weak force, he brought Woohyun’s lips to meet him.

Their lips touched and Sunggyu’s tongue slowly parted Woohyun’s lips. His tongue traveled inside Woohyun’s wet cavity and made the younger moaned. The red wine left a sweet taste in Woohyun’s cavity and Sunggyu hungrily out all of the sweetness.

They breathed each other air that was full of s. Woohyun pushed Sunggyu slightly away from him as he started to feel uneasiness inside him.

Sunggyu’s lustful eyes begged for more. He rested his head on Woohyun’s shoulder and exhaled his hot breath that tickled Woohyun’s sensitive spot. He trailed kisses on Woohyun’s neck and led his lips to meet Woohyun’s again. He kissed again, but no more tongue-exploring. The kisses were not getting weaker, and gentler. Sweet and no more lustful.

Sunggyu broke off the kiss and pierced his sharp gaze into Woohyun’s eyes.

“How was it?” a huge naughty grin plastered on his face.


-


Woohyun opened his eyes after hearing someone called his name. The darkness, again, welcomed him but this time, he was in the middle of an aisle. Tall walls were on his sides -few meters away from him. He found a metallic-body torchlight on his hand.

“Woohyun,”

He scanned around to look for the voice but it was coming from all sides. He let the light from his torchlight led him to the front. Slowly, and steady he made steps. The voice now changed with a sniffs, sobs and cried.

“Help me, please,” the voice begged him.

“Please tell me, what should I do to help you out? I know, I already know, you’re Sunggyu or perhaps, Sunggyu’s soul. Please, tell me,” Woohyun said.

“I can’t make you see me, Woohyun. Not now,”

“Then tell me, what should I do to break off this spell,”

“You can’t Woohyun,”

 

The sweats flowed down from his temple as he woke up from the nightmare. He thought the nightmare already gone since he had not have any nightmare after meeting Sunggyu but he was wrong.

“Hello, Mr. Sleepyhead,” someone greeted him as he woke up.

His eyes met Sunggyu that was sitting on the couch across his sleeping site. He sure, he was alone in the pantry before he falling asleep.

“Woohyun, you should know how to be professional despite the relationship we have now. I’m still Officer Kim,” Sunggyu said.
Woohyun quickly stood up and his hands were fixed up the collar of his lab coat, “I’m so, sorry, Officer Kim,” Woohyun said as he lowered his head, “I’ll get back to my room now,” he continued.

He could hear Sunggyu chuckled.

Sunggyu walked to him with both of his hands were inside the pockets of his slack pants.

“Look at me,” he ordered Woohyun, and Woohyun obeyed him.

Their eyes met and Woohyun could feel his mind went numb. Sunggyu was inside the white shirt and bulletproof vest wrapped his top perfectly. Woohyun’s nose caught up the smell of smoke from Sunggyu that mixed up with man’s cologne. The sweat beads formed on his sideburns and Sunggyu didn’t bother to wipe it off.

“Why you always give that innocent puppy look to me? I don’t like it. It makes me feel guilty for having a wild image about you,” his raspy voice escaped in between that pinkish lips and traveled into Woohyun’s ear canals.

Woohyun gulped his own saliva and made his Adam’s apple moved along, “I really don’t understand why you tried to say,” he said.

Sunggyu laughed as he heard that, “You’re the baddest man I had ever encountered for my life. You really a thing, Woohyun,” he said.

 

The next morning he woke up on Sunggyu’s bed. The thick white duvet that covered his bottom was been pulled up to his chest after the cold air brushed his top. Sunggyu wasn’t there. The digital clock on the table beside the bed showed 7.15 AM and he still got an hour and half before getting ready. He closed his eyes again but a loud noise from the kitchen took him back to the reality.

He jumped off from the bed and grabbed his boxer from the floor before walking to the kitchen.

A limped body lied on the cold floor of the kitchen caught his attention. He ran to get Sunggyu.

Sunggyu was half-conscious besides the scattered glass on the floor. His hand got cut made the blood rushed down to his palm. Woohyun started to grow panic inside him. Sunggyu was breathing hardly and his bloody hands was shaking. His lips almost went blue but still tried his best to talk with Woohyun.

“C-call ambulance,” Sunggyu said to him.

Woohyun was too panic until he couldn’t think properly. He dashed into the bedroom and dialed up ambulance. The call was connected in milliseconds.

The operator asked Woohyun to describe Sunggyu and he did. She asked Woohyun to loosened up his button and fanned him while ambulance is coming.

“Please, h-hurry. His breathe was getting labored,” he said while holding Sunggyu’s hand.
“The help is coming,” she said.

 


Woohyun glanced on his wrist while waiting Sunggyu to conscious -he only got 30 days. He took a deep breath and exhaled his air together with all his regrets, his anger towards himself. He could feel the liquid formed as he closed his eyes. His bit off his lips so he won’t produce any noise from crying. His body trembled. He took a look on Sunggyu that was still sleeping with IV tubes stuck out from his backhand and connected to the hanging water back. The oxygen mask covered half of his weary face.

Sunggyu eyes fluttered and he tried to move his hand. Woohyun immediately wiped out the tears and neared him. He got Sunggyu’s hands inside his hands.

“Hey Sleepyhead,” Woohyun smiled as he uttered the words.

Sunggyu gave his infamous eye-smile as he heard him. He pulled the oxygen mask away from his mouth, “You must be shock,” Sunggyu said weakly and almost sounded like a whisper.

Woohyun smiled and placed back the mask to his face, “Get rest. I’ll be here all-time,” he said.


-


“Sunggyu, do you need anything else,” Woohyun popped up his head on the door as he passed by Sunggyu’s bedroom.

It was the third day after Sunggyu was discharged out from hospital. His condition was stable, but still weak and he was off-duty for a week.

Sunggyu shook his head and plastered a weak smile on his face. He looked pale, and his dry lips were cracked. His skin was rough due to the facial hair that grew up since he didn’t shave for a week. He lost weight drastically and made his cheeks appeared hollow a bit.

He ushered Woohyun to come lay beside him and Woohyun did. He moved an inch neared to Woohyun and rested his forehead against Woohyun’s. Woohyun brought his hand to Sunggyu’s head and gently Sunggyu’s hair. Sunggyu closed his eyes and couldn’t help to smile for Woohyun’s action.

“Sing me a song,” Sunggyu sounded like a kid that sought for his mother’s attention. His eyes met Woohyun as his hand clutched Woohyun’s t-shirt.

“Hush, little gyugyu, don’t say a word. Hyunnie’s gonna buy you a mockingbird,” Woohyun began to sing as his hand was caressing Sunggyu’s back.

Woohyun could hear Sunggyu giggled under the hug.

“And if that mockingbird don’t sing, Hyunnie gonna buy you a diamond ring,”

“And if that diamond ring turn brass, Hyunnie gonna buy you a looking glass,”

Sunggyu was smiling.

“And if that looking glass gets broke, Hyunnie gonna buy you a dog,”

“But I want a puppy,” Sunggyu whined.

Woohyun giggled, “And if that dog won’t bark, Hyunnie will buy you a horse and cart,”

“You should buy me an Audi,” Sunggyu teased.

“And if that horse and cart fall down,” Woohyun purposely stop from singing and made Sunggyu opened his eyes and looked at him.

“What happen then,”

“Well, you’ll still be the sweetest little gyugyu in Hyunnie’s heart,” Woohyun said and brought him closer to his chest.

“Go away, namcheese,” Sunggyu pushed him away.

Woohyun laughed, “Wait, I thought you like that kind of song,” he said.

“That was the buttery, cheesy thing I ever heard,” Sunggyu said with his hoarse voice due to the sore-throat he had.

Woohyun’s lower lip protruded in a sulky pout, “I don’t want to sing anymore,” he said.

Sunggyu was still smiling, “I really like the idea about Hyunnie nickname,” he sounded serious.

“Don’t call me Hyunnie until you admit my song is great,” he was still in sulky mode.

Sunggyu didn’t utter any words. His eyes was still locking with Woohyun.

“What,” Woohyun blinked his eyes few times.

“Can you kiss me, Hyun,” Sunggyu said.

His blood rushed to his face, and made he appeared like a red tomato upon heard Sunggyu’s wish. Sunggyu was still in that position, only his chest moved, only his breath tickled Woohyun’s face, only his eyes blinked. He didn’t laugh, or smile -he was being serious.

Something controlled his body, his reflex to land his lips on Sunggyu’s dry lips. It was soft and tender kiss. Woohyun could feel the roughness of Sunggyu’s lips brushed against his lips. Their nose touched to each other. Sunggyu’s lips tasted bitter medicines that mixed up with his favorite strawberry lip balm. Woohyun broke off the kiss after he started to feel salt liquid formed in his eyes. He ran out from the bedroom and left the clueless Sunggyu alone on the bed, in the bedroom. Woohyun locked the bathroom and stood against the door. His body was shaking and his tears streaming down his cheeks. He slid down the door and brought his knees to his chest. He tried not to make any noise. The tears streamed down both of cheeks continuously and Woohyun didn’t bother to wipe it away.

By that time Woohyun realized that he already fall for Sunggyu so hard.


-


Sunggyu never skipped his medications after that incident happening. Sunggyu suffered from weak heart disease since he was kid and he was under prescriptions all time. On the day the incident happened, he skipped his medication for two days and with the activity he had a day before made it worsened. Sunggyu was lucky to have Woohyun during the incident or he won’t survive. The doctor even advised him not to vigorous activity anymore since his heart was getting weaker and if the cardiac arrest happened again, he couldn’t promise Sunggyu will be fine again, or worst, the death.


-


“You’re home,” Woohyun said after seeing his standing brother across the wooden table in the middle of the kitchen.

“Hyung, I was here since 10 minutes ago,” Sungjong said as he walked towards refrigerator and pulled out a cold drink from it.

“Bad day, huh?” Sungjong asked him after gulping down the drink into his throat.

Woohyun spaced out, again, and made the younger nudged his body, “Hyung,” he said.

Woohyun jumped in surprise. He made an eye contact to Sungjong, “Hmm,” he hummed.

The younger placed back the cold drink inside the refrigerator, “You spaced out so much lately, hyung. Is it because of Sunggyu hyung?” he asked him.

Woohyun turned his body to face the sink, “N-no, not really,” he said as starting to wash the plates in the sink.

Sungjong came nearer and turned the knob off -made the tap water stop flowing, “You’re not a good liar, hyung,” Sungjong said.

The bubbles were still on Woohyun’s hand when he rested his hand at the sink. He lowered his head, body started to shake. He didn’t dare to look up to his brother’s face. He didn’t want him to see the breaking Woohyun -at least not now.

“Sungjong ah, I really don’t know what to do now,” he told him -forgetting about the fact that, Sungjong didn’t know about The Cursed Clock.


-


Sunggyu tried to reach Woohyun but the latter didn’t pick up his call purposely. They barely spoke for past days, and Woohyun was keeping a distance between them. Every time he went to Woohyun’s room, Woohyun would told he was busy, he was tired and even promised to call him later -but he didn’t.

Sunggyu was coming back to the quarters after realizing he left his laptop in his office. He got some a lot of cases to catch up along his leaving and made he really needed to get his laptop back. After tapped his security card to the card reader, Sunggyu walked into the department. He walked straightly to his office and passed by the pantry. He didn’t realize at first, there was someone in the pantry until he heard a sound of glass shattering.

He changed his direction and walked to the pantry slowly. He pulled out his gun, and held it tighter on his hand. He peeked into the pantry and his eyes caught on a figure that was kneeling on the floor -faced the spilled dark liquid on it. Sunggyu pushed the door slowly so he didn’t make any creaking sound and made the steps.

“Careless, careless, careless,” the voice was so familiar to his hearing.

“W-Woohyun,” he called the name.

The kneeling man was jumping in surprise after hearing his name been called. He turned around.

Woohyun swore, his heart almost dropped to his feet, but luckily, it was Sunggyu. Sunggyu placed back his gun into the gun holder before approaching Woohyun.

“What are you doing here, Hyun,” Sunggyu asked him as he helping Woohyun to clean up the mess.

Woohyun didn’t utter any words. He was still picking up the glass on the floor.

Sunggyu grabbed his arm, “Woohyun, I’m talking to you,” as his eyes locked to Woohyun.

Sunggyu eyes were red, tired with the dark circles clearly can be seen. His hair was no longer been styled up -covered his forehead. There were some beads of sweat at the tip of his hair and also his sideburns that waited to fall down followed the gravity.

Woohyun’s could feel the pressure around his arm lessen as the time, and slowly the man loosened the grip. His eyes, still, fixed on Sunggyu.

“Hyun, I’m sorry,” Sunggyu said while lowering his gaze.

Woohyun confused by the apologized, “Why you said sorry?” he asked him.

Sunggyu’s Adam apple clearly can be seen moved up and down as he swallowed his saliva.
“I feel like, I was the one created the mess that we had, and made you distanced from me,” Sunggyu rubbed his neck, “I’m sorry for whatever I did to you because honestly, it sicken me to the core not to have you beside me, I,”

“If you got only 15 days to live, what you would do now?” Woohyun cut in Sunggyu’s words.

The elder muddled upon heard Woohyun’s words. He was out of words. His lips trembled as he wanted to speech but nothing came out.

“Answer me, please,” Woohyun’s eyes brimmed with his salty tears. His vision stared to glassy.

“Are you, d-dying,” Sunggyu asked him.

The man shook his head, “No,” he paused, “You’re,” Woohyun looked at him.


-


The rays of sunshine passed the white thin curtain into the bedroom, and lowered the beams to greet both of lovers on the bed. The younger male cuddled up to the elder and rested his head against his well-toned chest. They were wide awake but still didn’t show any sign to jump out of the bed. Sunggyu placed his chin on the top of Woohyun’s head before nuzzling his hair.

They were in silence, only body parts played the role.

Sunggyu wrapped his legs around Woohyun’s tighter and made the skin contacted more. The younger buried his face into the space between them and inhaled the air that mixed with sweats, man’s cologne and love. He closed his eyes, tried to clear up his mind from all problems; nightmares he had. He just wanted to be on Sunggyu’s side -as much as he can before his clock stop ticked.

“It just a nightmares, Hyun,” Sunggyu said as he landed a sweet and gentle kiss on the top of Woohyun’s head.

Woohyun nodded as agree even though he knew, it wasn’t just a nightmare but a reality. He told Sunggyu everything last night but the elder male didn’t believe it. He assured Woohyun, it was a nightmare and he won’t die -at least no that soon.

Woohyun really wish he could fall for Sunggyu’s words -believe that it was really, really a nightmare. Maybe, it was just a nightmare -he thought -but he got something inside it that kept denied that.

Sunggyu breathed out his air into Woohyun’s ear canal and sent an impulse to Woohyun’s body. He nibbled Woohyun’s ear while chanting his name seductively which make Woohyun held into Sunggyu’s hips tighter.

He landed kisses along the side of Woohyun’s and traced down his rough jawline. He secured his finger under Woohyun’s chin and brought his face to face him. Woohyun’s moans made Sunggyu became wilder. His lips landed on Woohyun’s and the bottom lip of Woohyun before biting it to make Woohyun’s lips gaped. Woohyun let his man dominated him; he let Sunggyu’s wet tongue traveled inside his cavity.

They both closed their eyes and enjoyed the lustful kiss. Woohyun moaned Sunggyu’s name and made the brunette broke off the kiss. Woohyun grew frustration inside him. He opened his eyes and looked into Sunggyu.

“You really a thing, Woohyun,” he told him.

Woohyun could feel his inner was burning in sensation when Sunggyu gave the concupiscence look to him. Sunggyu pushed him to the side before riding him on top. He nuzzled Woohyun’s neck and traced the kisses along Woohyun’s bare shoulder. Woohyun drowned in Sunggyu’s ecstasy. He secured his arms around Sunggyu’s neck and brought his chest nearer to him. Their body touched, their sweats mixed and their lust radiated.

Woohyun was never feel so like that day. He wanted Sunggyu to taste every inch of his skin. He wanted Sunggyu to explore him deeply. He wanted Sunggyu so badly.

“ me like you never did,” he moaned when Sunggyu out his neck like a hungry vampire.

“You’ll regret, Hyun,” he breathe out his sensational air.


-

 

Woohyun wrapped his wrist with the white bandage he found in the morgue -covering the ticking clock. Sunggyu only got 10 days -ing 10 days to live. After making sure the clock is invisible to see by him, he cut out the remained bandage and clipped the end with a clipper. He didn’t want to see the clock anymore.

 

“What’s wrong with your hand, dude,” Hoya saw the bandage when the man rolled up his sleeve to wear the medical gloves.

“Minor cut, got from the kitchen,” Woohyun said nonchalantly and made Hoya nodded.

They both walked to the dead body on the body cart after wearing the blue plastic clothes and beginning the autopsy. Hoya was standing in front of Woohyun with the body cart separated both of them.

“Tell me about the victim,” Woohyun ordered Hoya to read the content of the file that they received half an hour ago.

“The victim’s 25 years old. Found dead in the pool of her house. She believed to die 2 days ago before her family found her,” Hoya read the content.

Woohyun was examining her head, “The cut on her head is deeper,” he said, “She got few bruises on her neck but seem it wasn’t new,” he added.

Hoya jotted down all the details that Woohyun gave on his notebook, “They found a baseball bat in the house,” he told him.

“But the cut, I don’t think it’s because of the bat,”

Hoya nodded as he copied down the notes.

Woohyun took the marker from the trolley to draw lines on her chest when he received a call. It was from Officer Jang.

The next words he heard made his marker slipped away from his hand.


-


His hand trembled to hold the knob with his pounding heart beat under his rib cage as he stood in front of the ward -fighting his inner conflict to enter or not. His fingers made a light contact slowly before grabbing the knob inside his hand. He pushed the door before ajar with his feet making steps into the all-white room with strong antiseptic smell. He saw the laying man with wires lingered around his body. The life machine was on his right with slow beeping sound produced, and he could see the man’s chest moved up and down to the rhythm.

Woohyun stopped by the side of the bed. He fixed his gaze on Sunggyu’s face that covered with the breathing mask. The man was sleeping soundly under the sleeping drug that been given to make him rest more. He reached for Sunggyu’s hand, and caressed the back of his hand with his thumb. His skin was rough, dry and warm with his life.

Sunggyu’s eyes fluttered when their skin contacted. His eyes looked tired, but still the eye-smile never gone. Woohyun neared his head towards Sunggyu face and landed a sweet peck on the top of Sunggyu’s head. Sunggyu’s shaking hand reached for the breathing mask and pulled it away from his face.

“Is this how you seek my attention, Gyu,” Woohyun pretended to be mad but his lips pursued a upward curve.

Sunggyu smiled, “You really love me, aren’t you,” he tried to sound witty with his weak, and cracked voice that almost sounded like a whisper.

Woohyun nodded, with all his will, “Of course, I do,” his eyes brimmed with tears.

Sunggyu placed back the mask on his face and the oxygen into his lung. Woohyun held his hand in between his clasp and brought it to his face. He buried his face into the clasp, and unconditionally poured out an amount of tears into it.
His body was shaking, and nothing could stop him from crying now.


-


Sunggyu’s weak heart worsened the healing process. There might got no chances for him to get better, and injected drug into his body everyday only helped him to life a bit longer than expected. In a week, he lost his weight tremendously. He lost the shape of himself -made his toned chest and abdomen became floppy. He lost his color, and made him got no different with the dead body that Woohyun used to see everyday.

Every time Woohyun nuzzled Sunggyu’s neck, it made his heart dropped. His man’s cologne replaced with nasty smell of drug which Woohyun disliked so much. It smell like the morgue. Every time Woohyun cuddled Sunggyu on the bed, he only felt sharp bones under his skin. His body nearly lost in the sheet of hospital white-bed.

On the very last day of Sunggyu, he held him tighter into his arms. He didn’t care if the hug could hurt Sunggyu, he just wanted him all day. He wanted to have him all day. He was very selfish on that day. Woohyun intertwined his finger with Sunggyu’s slender fingers and rested on the top of Sunggyu’s body. He leaned over him, forcing himself into Sunggyu field of vision. Woohyun brought his finger to the corner of Sunggyu’s watery eyes -wiping the liquid away from it. He didn’t bother to wipe his own tears that slowly fell from his cheek and struck to Sunggyu’s chin. Sunggyu didn’t have any strength to rise up his finger and wiped Woohyun’s tears. He even breathed hardly, and weakly under Woohyun’s snuggle.

“Sing me a lullaby, Hyun. Drive me to a very sweet dream,” he told him.

Woohyun wanted to cry so badly, or maybe slapped his face to gain consciousness. He pursued his lips together, inhaled the air before beginning the song.

“You’re my favorite gyugyu in the world, you’re very special to me”

“I curl up next to you, you’re my gyugyu in the world,”

Woohyun’s cracked in every verse with his glimmering waterworks trailed down from his cheeks to the Sunggyu’s gown.

“Hyun holds you like a little bunny, you’re my favorite gyugyu in the world,”

The weak pressure that Sunggyu made as they pressed their hands together started to fade, and fade. Woohyun hard sob started to escaped out. He held it tighter and closed his eyes tighter.

“I love you like a butterfly, I love you more than a flower,” his voice was shaking.

“You’re my only gyugyu in the world,” he said at last before all of Sunggyu’s warmth slipped away from his bare hands.

 

 


End.