Hold my hand, I'll protect you

Dracula

During the movie, a frown appeared on Krystal's face, that grew deeper and deeper with every new minute. Amber sometimes shot her a look from the corner of her eye, but she didn't look back, either not seeing the redhead look in her direction or ignoring her. They didn't speak during the movie. Amber's stomach was tingling of nervosity. The smell of Krystal's sweet scent filled the air. She had diffeculty concentrating.
At a certain moment, she paused the movie. Amber looked up in confusion at her friend, who was still staring at the screen. She had paused at the moment Edward and Bella were laying in the flower field together. Edward, still deeply tormented over the fact that he is so close to a human, and Bella completely mesmerized by his beauty. Krystal's eyes were glued to the screen.
"She falls in love with him?" she eventually asked, slowly and carefully pronouncing each of the words. Amber had to clear before she could speak.
"Yeah," she replied. Krystal's frown grew even deeper. It wrinkled her smooth forehead.
"The human and the vampire fall in love?" she asked, clearer this time. Amber blinked in confusement.
"Yes," she replied again. Krystal pursed her lips together, then rubbed her temples. She took a deep breath, closed her eyes and exhaled slowly. It was almost as if she tried to work away a headache. But then she opened her eyes again, and resumed the movie. They didn't speak before it ended.

"So, what do you think? Did you like it?" Amber asked, when the credits started to roll. Krystal cocked her head slightly, and turned her gaze for the first time from the screen to Amber's face. It was lighted by the blue light of her laptop. It would've been a bit scary, if Amber didn't know any better.
"Is this really how the world sees vampires?" Krystal asked softly. Amber shrugged, whilst closing her laptop. She put it away.
"It's a romanticized version. In most stories the girl gets eaten by the vampire instead of loved. But it's one way of looking at the supernatural," she said. "Not all people know you, so they make up their own stories."
Krystal frowned again and pursed her lips a little bit. Amber looked at her. She let her gaze linger a little too long on her lips, but Krystal didn't seem to notice her staring. She corrected herself quickly, and looked back down.
"Is it bothering you? To have people think you're either a vicious monster or some hysterical lover?" 
Krystal huffed. She whiped a strand of hair from her face, tucking it behind her ear, sighing deeply. It stayed quiet for a moment, then she shrugged.
"Well, the monster part is true," she eventually said. "It's right for people to fear me."
"Will you stay here tonight?"
 Amber blurted out. Krystal blinked confusedly at the sudden change of topic. A nervous chuckle left and she turned her gaze away from the redhead.
"Ehm, okay? Why do you ask?" she mumbled softly.
"So I can show you that I don't fear you and I will not fear you ever again."

And so Krystal stayed the night. She was allowed to borrow some of Victoria's pyjamas, since the leader had forbidden them to cuddle up together in Amber's bed just in lingerie. Since Victoria's height matched Krystal's the most, she leant from her. Sulli was too long and Luna too small.
Amber wouldn't have objected it if Krystal had just slept in her lingerie, since it wasn't something she hadn't seen before. She had changed clothes so many times with the other members that she could memorize the curves of their bodies if she wanted to. But perhaps it was a good idea to let her borrow clothes, since they'd be sleeping in the same bed.
Their label had chosen a perfect apartment to serve as dorm for the members, but they lacked extra space. It was just enough for the four of them to live together, but if another person wanted to stay over, they were obliged to stay together with one of the girls in bed.
Amber didn't exactly know how she felt about the fact that Krystal stayed so close with her. Sure, they had had skinship before. Holding hands, hugging. But to sleep together in one bed was something new. Amber hadn't even done that with the other members — well, except Luna once — so it would be a big step to suddenly take. Sleeping together in one bed was often viewed as romantic, or done between two really good friends. Her heart started to thumb harder by the thought that Krystal might think of this as romantic. But then again, she wondered if the girl even knew that this was considered as romantic.
Amber didn't speak out her thoughts to Krystal, and just took her in her bed. She was glad she had chosen for a bed that easily fitted two persons. She had always preferred smaller beds, but it really came in handy now. They laid together, with the blankets pulled over their bodies, just past their waists. Amber had turned in Krystal's direction. She laid perfectly still on her back, with her eyes closed. She breathed in through her nose and out through . She wondered why she even paid attention to that.
"Krys?" she asked softly. Her eyes fluttered open immediately. Krystal turned her body to Amber, so that they could look at each other whilst letting their heads rest on the pillows.
"Hmm?"
"Do vampires even sleep?"
 Amber asked. Krystal started to chuckle. The corners of shot up in that small smile Amber had gotten to love.
"I can close my eyes if that's more comfertable for you," she said. Amber smiled.
"I don't mind. Just don't leave, okay? Not until I'm awake too."
Krystal shook her head. She moved a little bit closer. Amber could now smell the fresh scent of mint coming from .
"I won't."

She didn't know how it exactly happened, but during the night, they ended up cuddling. Amber had probably scooted closer in her sleep, Krystal hadn't pulled away. Maybe because she didn't want to wake Amber up, or maybe because she liked it. Neither girls knew. The redhead hoped the latter one.
The next morning, Amber woke up with her arm around Krystal's waist, hugging her from behind. Their bodies were fully pressed up against each other. Somehow Krystal's skin didn't feel so cold anymore, or maybe Amber had gotten used to it over the night. She pretended to be asleep a little longer, just to enjoy it.
At least, she would've pretended longer, if Luna hadn't called their names loudly from somewhere else in the apartment.
"AMBER, KRYSTAL, IF YOU DON'T GET OUT OF BED NOW, YOU DON'T GET BREAKFAST!" 
Amber moaned. You could defenitely hear that she came from a family with strong voices, because their neighbours probably would've heard her yell too. Since she blew up her act of pretending to be asleep, she turned around, taking her arm off Krystal's waist. Would it be awkward if she let it stay there? It probably would.
She opened her eyes, only to find the brunette looking at her. Krystal had turned around in the sheets. Because they had been cuddling all night, their bodies were still close. Their legs pressed against each other, almost entrangled. Krystal's face was near, and it made Amber's heart skip a beat for a moment. A small smile appeared on her face, which caused Krystal to smile too.
"Good morning," Amber muttered, her voice still thick of sleep. Even though it almost completely dark in her bedroom, she still had to squint her eyes against the light that shone through the cracks of the door and the small gap between the two curtains.
"Good morning," Krystal replied. "Did you sleep well?"
Amber stretched her body, which caused a lot animal-like sounds to come out of . She heard her friend chuckle softly.
"Like a baby," she said. Krystal chuckled again.
"I think that we need to get out of bed," she softly said. The bruntte was almost whispering. And somehow, that only felt appropriate now. They didn't have to talk loudly, or even at a normal volume, because they were right next to each other. It felt more intimate. Even though this conversation of exchanging 'good morning's and other casualties was nothing special, it still felt like no one should participate. If Luna would barge in now, yelling her usual 'MORNING' at Amber, she would've thought of it was annoying and interrupting, whilst she normally would like it to hear it in the mornings, even when Luna would wake her up.
Things changed when Krystal was around, and Amber wasn't exactly sure if she liked that and whether it was a good thing.
"Yeah, I guess so," she said. "Otherwise I starve until it's lunch time."
Krystal chuckled again. She gazed into the redhead's eyes a little longer, then she pushed herself up from the bed. In the process, their faces came a little closer for a small moment, before Krystal pushed herself away. Their noses had touched and Amber had closed her eyes automatically. When the feeling of the other side of the bed stooping because of Krystal's weight — that had gotten so familiar over the course of the night — had gone, Amber opened her eyes again. Krystal had gotten up from the bed. Her heart was drumming in her chest. Whilst biting her lip, she also got up from the bed. Her head was clouded, and the fact that she had just woken up had nothing to do with that. She was ashamed that she had closen her eyes so carlessly. Krystal was her friend. She couldn't let her hormones get to her head. She was good looking, but so were her other friends. She had never closed her eyes when they were close to her face though...

"I'll just go to the bathroom for a quick bit," she said. Krystal 'hmm'-ed back and Amber left the room. She wanted to make sure look at least a little presentable when she went back into her room.
When entering the bathroom, the startled herself by looking in the mirror. Her hair literally looked like a bird's nest; it was horrible. And she hadn't even slept with wet hair last night. She sighed dramatically and tried to push the strands of hair down, but they just springed back into their previous position.
"Why does this happen to me?" Amber whined.
Another sigh left . She decided to wash her hair. Quickly she wettened it and rubbed shampoo in her red locks, until the shampoo turned red too. It had only been dyed a couple of days ago, so the water turned red as well when she washed her hair.
Amber rubbed it dry afterwards, but not after splashing some water in her face too. With the towel still around her neck, she went back to her room. Carelessly, she opened the door and stepped back in.
"Krystal, you can use the bathroom if you wa-"
She stopped mid-sentence when she saw what Krystal was doing. At the moment she had walked into the room, Krystal had taken off her shirt, leaving her only in her bra. When Amber looked closer, she noticed that she had taken off her shorts already too. Her friends stood in front of her in just her black lingerie. It was sharply in constrast with her white skin. The girl looked innocently over her shoulder when her friend came in, and smiled.
"Took you long enough," she said, smiling. "Can you hand me my clothes, please?"
Amber blinked a couple of times, at first not understanding what the brunette meant. Her mind was clouded and it took a while before she understood what Krystal meant. Her eyes were glued on her body. It was a good thing that she still had her back turned towards her, but only her back muscles already were impressive. The sharp lines of her shoulderblade together with the soft curves of her shoulders and hips. Her pale skin flawless. She felt her blush returning.
"I-ehm, y-yeah, sure," she quickly said. Amber turned her gaze away as soon as she could, and started to seek for Krystal's clothes. She had neatly folded them and had placed them on Amber's chair, where Amber had carelessly thrown her own clothing onto too the night before. She took them and walked back to her friend. The redhead forced herself to look at the ground when she handed them back to her.
"Thank you," she heard Krystal mutter.
"No problem," she replied. She surpressed the urge to look up.
"So I could use the bathroom? Could you show me where it is after I've dressed?" 
Amber cleared and turned around, so that she wouldn't be distracted anymore.
"Yeah sure," she quickly said. The ruffling of clothes and skin sliding down the soft fabric reassured her a little bit. When she looked back at the brunette, she was fully dressed.
"Just follow me," she said. Amber showed her where the bathroom was, explained the shower for when she wanted to shower, showed her the towels and different shampoos and conditioners, and then left her.
Amber went back to her room and quickly changed her clothes. She decided to wear black ripped skinny jeans, with a simple white tee and a snapback. When she left the room again, she heard the shower run, and decided to already get some breakfast. Hopefully she'd be done then before Krystal was.
When she entered the kitchen, it was awfully quiet. She got herself some of the leftover scrambled eggs that Victoria had made and took some toast too. With her plate in one hand and a glass of orange juice she walked towards the dining table, where her other friends watched her curiously. Amber sat down next to Sulli and took a bite of her toast. When she noticed that the other's weren't eating, she looked up.
"What?" she asked, although it sounded more like a grumble than a real word, because was still filled with toast. Sulli started to chuckle, Luna looked away with a broad smile covering her face and Victoria coughed. She swallowed.
"Why is everyone so quiet?" Amber asked. "Did I do something wrong or something?"
"No, no, that's not it.."
 Victoria replied. Amber cocked her head, waiting for a further explanation for why they were all looking at her so weirdly, but the leader stayed quiet.
"Where's Krystal? She must be hungry!" Luna said. Half past the sentence, she started to chuckle, Sulli joined her soon after. Amber raised her eyebrows.
"She is showering.." she muttered.
"Yes, she must feel very dirty," Sulli added. Amber looked to her junior and frowned her eyebrows, not understanding what the comment would mean. Then it hit her. Her eyes widened in shock.
"You guys think we had had !" she called out. All three of her friends started to laugh. Victoria still tried to hold it in and covered with her hand, but Luna and Sulli laughed richly and gave each other a high five. Amber placed her hand in front of to hide her open mouth that she just couldn't seem to close. Her mind immediately went to the wrong places. For a brief moment she imagined what it would be like if they really had had ... What if she had actually kissed her this morning, what if she had leaned in...
Amber immediately forbade those thoughts from ever entering her mind ever again. She was disgusted with herself. How could she think of a friend that way?
"You can't be serious," she murmered.
"Well, didn't you have ? She stayed in your bed!" Luna laughed, as if it was something obvious.
"Riley has also slept in my bed with me," the redhead protested. Luna swatted some of her hair out of her face.
"But we know you're friends with Riley."
"Krystal is my friend too,"
 Amber whined.
"Yeah, but you didn't exaclty introduce her as a friend, now, did you?" Sulli joined in. Amber shot her a look.
"I said she was my friend when she came yesterday evening."
"She indeed came yesterday evening,"
 Luna snickered softly. This resulted in Amber throwing the last piece of her toast to Luna's head. Her friend laughed broadly, and whiped the crumps from her hair and face.
"I swear, you guys," she sighed. "Really, she's just a friend."
"Then why would she say nothing to us? You two went straight to your room and wouldn't want to play Settlers of Catan. And on top of that, she stayed the night over. Riley only recently stayed over for the first time and we already know her for two years. So don't tell us Krystal isn't something special and just admit that- Oh, hi, Krystal! Care for some breakfast?"

Krystal had emerged from the bathroom. Her hair was still a bit wet, although it was hard to see since she had bound it up in a ponytail. The look of her friend with a ponytail was a sight for sore eyes; she looked younger and more innocent. Less threathening, more like the girl Amber knew she was. Amber found herself staring, and only stopped when she felt Luna kick her from under the table. The younger one chuckled softly and the redhead shot her an annoyed look.
She shook her head in response to Sulli, who had offered her breakfast.
"Ah, no, I forgot to tell y'all. Krystal does a special kind of diet where she is only allowed to eat certain foods, so she'll eat at home," Amber quickly said.
"A diet? But you're already so skinny!" Luna whined, whilst shooting the brunette envious looks. "I wish I looked like that."
"Shut it, Sunyoung, your body is beautiful too," Victoria shushed her. "And you're sure we don't have anything to give her? I eat very healthily because of my own diet too."
"No, thank you, I'll eat at home,"
 Krystal said softly. Amber shot her a warning look, but Krystal wouldn't look in her way. She smiled timidly towards Victoria, with a somewhat bowed head. Luna and Sulli looked up surprisingly too, since they hadn't heard her speak then.
"Well, shall I walk you to the door then?" she said. The redhead quickly stood up, and rushed over to her friend. She hooked her arm through Krystal's, and pulled her towards the hall. She heard a soft 'I told you that they were dating' from the table, but she ignored it, hoping that Krystal hadn't heard it.
She shut the door towards the livingroom, so that they had at least a little bit off privacy. She crossed her arms in front of her chest.
"You're so bold," Amber laughed. "Do you know how much could've gone wrong if they had seen your fangs?"
"Well, maybe you bring out a new side of me,"
 Krystal replied. She wiggled her eyebrows playfully. Amber huffed and raised her own.
"Oh really?" she said. Krystal nodded. She smiled cheesily at Amber, which caused her to roll her eyes.
"You're such a princess."
"Is that a bad thing?"
 Krystal replied. Amber gave her a friendly push, which Krystal received chuckling.
They fell silent for a moment. Their eyes met each other, and the two girls smiled.
"Shall I leave, then? I bet my sister is worried," Krystal eventually said. With her fingertips, she adjusted the strands of hair that didn't fit in her ponytail, and tucked them behind her ear so they wouldn't fall in front of her face.
"I guess so," Amber said. "I'll see you tonight?"
Krystal nodded solemnly.
"Of course. See you tonight, servant," she brunette said. Her eyes were twinkling when she laughed afterwards, Amber noticed. It made Amber laugh too. The redhead opened the door for her and bowed.
"After you, my princess," she said. Krystal rolled her eyes and chuckled. She quickly put on her shoes, and got her coat, although only put it over her lower arm instead of putting it on. The brunette stepped out of the door, and waved to her. Amber waved back, smiling. She leaned against the doorframe. Krystal turned around and walked down the gallery, towards the stairwell that lead downstairs. Amber watched her leave.
Suddenly, the brunette stopped. With frowned eyebrows, Amber kept on watching her. Krystal turned around, shooting her an apologetic look.
"I'm sorry, I forgot something," she said. Krystal ran back to her, and pulled her into a hug. Her arms wrapped around her waist. She felt Krystal's chin in the crook of her neck. Amber was transfixed because of the abruptness of the hug. It took a few moments before she placed her arms awkwardly around Krystal too, hugging her back. Her mind had diffeculty processing what was happening, once again. But even then, she was too amazed to close her eyes. It seemed that Krystal really messed with her head this morning. Perhaps she was still drunk on sleep.
Eventually, Krystal let go again.
"See you tonight, Amber," she said. She flashed her a last smile, before turning around again, and walking off to the stairwell. Amber watched her, still transfixed, still amazed, with a beating heart.