LuHan's POV

I Used To Hate You

As the rain quietly hit the cold, gray cement outside my room window, I forced myself to not doze off as I

 

attempted to finish my math homework that was due yesterday… Don’t ask.

 

All of a sudden, the door bursted open, and after falling out of my seat and almost getting a concussion from banging

 

my head on the desk, I directed my glare towards the door.

 

 

Instantly, my jaw dropped and my eyes widened as I took in the sight of a certain poker faced young man waiting at

 

the door.

 

 

Standing there in all his glory, was the one and only Oh Sehun.

 

    

“What the hell?! Why are you in my room?” I snapped at him, feeling no regret at all. He simply shrugged his

 

shoulders, his poker face staying intact.

 

 

“I’m your new roommate,” he replied, crossing his arms.

 

 

I couldn’t believe it. Why, out of all the people in this school, did my roommate have to be my arch nemesis?

 

 

I hate him with all my heart, and everyone knows it.

 

 

This is not good at all.

 

 

“Well in that case, go find your room, and don’t disturb me.” 

 

Despite the fact that I didn’t like him one bit, if we were going to be living together, I might as well have attempted

 

to be somewhat nice to him.

 

 

Scowling, I went back to finishing my homework, seeing Sehun walk towards his room out of the corner of my eye.

 

 

Since he didn’t come back out of his room after that, I assumed he had gone to sleep.

 

 

Rolling my eyes, I tried to ignore the fact that I would be living with my enemy for who knows how long.

 

 

After about a hour and a half or so, I had finally completed my homework, and decided it was time to go to bed.

 

 

Glancing at the clock, I saw that it was almost one in the morning, and I rushed to get changed, considering I had

 

classes in the morning.

 

 

Climbing into bed, I sighed at the warm feeling of my blankets surrounding me.

 

 

For one peaceful minute, I managed to forget about Sehun, until I heard a quiet banging on my door. 

 

 

Growling, I slowly poked my head out of the sheets.

 

 

 

“Come in if you dare,” I muttered, just about loud enough to be heard from outside the door.

 

 

Not a minute later, a head was suddenly peeking out from a crack between the door and the wall.

 

 

My eyes widened to the size of the moon.

 

 

“Hey, Luhan hyung… So, it’s kind of dark in my room, and the lamp barely gives off any light, so uh…” He trailed off.

 

 

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

 

 

“Are you… scared?” I asked, desperately trying to muffle my giggles.

 

 

Sehun scoffed, but slightly lowered his head anyway.

 

 

 

“…Maybe…” Hesitantly, Sehun stumbled towards my bed.

 

 

Raising an eyebrow, I turned my full body to face him.

 

 

What could he possibly want me to do about him being scared?

 

 

“I was wondering if I could maybe sleep… in your bed? With you?” He asked, quietly.

 

 

Shocked, I was about to yell at him to get out, but when I saw his slightly teary eyes, and his puppy dog expression,

 

I just didn't have the heart to do that.

 

 

Sighing, I beckoned him closer, and made room in the bed for him.

 

 

“Go on then, get in.” I reluctantly said, my eyes softening when I saw a tear trickle down his soft skin.

 

 

Wait, soft skin? What are you thinking Luhan? You hate him remember, you’re only doing this because you’re a nice

 

person.

 

 

Quietly, Sehun slipped into my bed next to me, and I unconsciously smiled at the warmth of his body.

 

 

After thinking it through, I put an arm around his waist, slightly pulling him closer.

 

 

Almost instantly, he snuggled up closer to me, sniffling.

 

 

I rested my head on his shoulder, trying to ignore the fact that we most definitely looked like a couple at that

 

moment.

 

 

“Thank you, Luhan hyung,” I heard him quietly whisper. “I know you hate me and all, but I’m going to be honest with you. I’ve kind of had a small crush on you ever since we first met. I was frightened that I would scare you away, so I acted as if I didn’t like you, but I do… I really do.”

 

 

He began to quietly sob, his body shaking a little.

 

 

I stayed frozen for a while, not expecting that news at all.

 

 

I tried thinking about what I felt for him, trying to figure out if I liked him too or not.

 

 

I came to the conclusion that I was wrong about him, and maybe he wasn’t completely emotionless after all, but

 

when I realized I didn’t like him in that way, I decided I didn’t want to lie to him.

 

 

“I’m sorry Sehun, but I don’t like you in that way… I admit, although I did used to hate you a little, I’m definitely warming up to you a little more now, and I think we could be amazing friends, but I just can’t see myself being with you romantically. I’m so sorry…”

 

 

I instantly felt terrible after I became aware of the fact that his cries were becoming louder and more intense, so I

 

continued.

 

 

“I really hope we can be the best of friends, though…”

 

 

When I realized how pathetic I sounded, I stopped talking all together.

 

 

“… Don’t be sorry, Luhan hyung, it’s not your fault. I can live with the fact that you don’t like me in that way, it’s

 

okay. We can certainly be friends though, I would like that a lot…”

 

 

His sobs eventually lowered to soft whimpers, and he hid his face in my shirt.

 

 

I smiled genuinely, his hair a little.

 

 

I pulled him against my body, feeling his chest press against mine.

 

 

I felt his steady heartbeat, and laced my fingers into his.

 

 

“We will be great friends, Sehun, I promise…”