002

Roundabout

The next day was just another normal day for almost everyone except for Yuri, that is. Never would she have thought of talking to the Jessica Jung. Not that the latter is a celebrity or a god of some sort, but in this school, she's one of the popular girls. Every high school has those cliques, Yuri thought. And Jessica just happened to be in their school's counterpart.

It all happened when she and her friends, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon, were heading to the school cafeteria to grab some lunch.

"Hey."

A voice behind her said, accompanied by a light tap on her shoulders.

Yuri turned around and a surprised reaction was expected from her, given the situation.

"Y-yeah? Can I help you?"

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon, upon noticing that Yuri weren't following them anymore, turned around and was as surprised as the latter was.

"Uh. Can I talk to you for a while?" Jessica said, trying to not be intimidating.

"S-sure." Yuri hesitantly answered. She then turned to her just as stunned friends.

"You guys go ahead. I'll catch up later."

...

Yuri then found herself in their classroom with Jessica in front of her, leaning on the table.

"Do you know who I am?"

Yuri was taken aback by the question. "Uh. You're Jessica Jung."

The said girl smiled. "That's right. I am Jessica Jung." Taking out something from her bag, she continued."So, I believe that there has been a mistake."

Yuri's eyes widened as she saw a familiar looking envelope.

"H-how? I mean, why do you have that?"

"That's what I want to know, too." Jessica replied, the edges of her lips curling upwards.

 

---FLASHBACK---

Wednesday. 7:43 am.

Tiffany came in quite early today and had been in her seat for about 20 minutes now. She's starting to get worried as her friends are not yet here. Suddenly, her phone began ringing.

"Jessi! Where are you?"

"I might be a little late."

"What? Why? What happened?"

"Well, you see, I just woke up. I don't think I'll make it in time for the first period."


"We need to hand in the homework today, Jess."

"I know and that's where you come in." Tiffany heard a laugh from the other end.

"You want me to cover for you?"

"Sounds tempting but no. I already did the homework and it's in the locker. Pass it for me, please?"

Tiffany stood up and headed for the door. Unknown to her, she had already attracted the attention of a certain girl.

"My locker?"

"No. My locker. Why would I put it in yours?" Jessica responded with a laugh.

"Okay. Got it."

"Thanks a bunch!"

"I'm hanging up. Go get ready. Bye!" Just then, she glanced at the wall clock. "Shoot. Class is about to start!" With that, she started to run.

"Hey! Easy!" Taeyeon exclaimed as Tiffany bumped into her in the hallways.

"Oh, Tae!"

"Where are you going?"

"I'll explain later. Bye!"

Taeyeon stared at her in awe. Look at the future school president running in the hallways. She started to head for their classroom when a figure zoomed pass her.

"Oookay."

"What? The class is about to start. Hey! Wait for me, at least!"

She barely entered the classroom when someone bumped into her.

"Ouch." Taeyeon said as she stumbled back a bit.

"Sorry!"

Baffled, Taeyeon could only look outside the door.

"Why is everyone in such a rush this early in the morning?" she mumbled before taking her seat.

...

5:00 pm.

"Hey, blondie." Jessica said as she draped an arm over Tiffany's shoulders.

"Blondie? Should I call you and Taeyeon "blackie" then?"

"Hey. Don't drag me into this." Taeyeon protested.

"Blackie?!" Jessica reacted. "That's like, for dogs!" She added as she playfully shoved Tiffany.

"You started it."

"Blondie is more human-like." Jessica argued. This earned her strange looks from both of her friends.

"What?"

Taeyeon shook her head, the edge of her lips curling up.

"But seriously," Tiffany started. "Do you think dyeing my hair blonde would affect my candidacy?"

"Nah. Highly doubt it." Jessica answered.

"I second that." Taeyeon said. "Not like your hair color has anything to do with your leadership skills."

"Well said." Jessica said as she offered Taeyeon a fist bump.

"Thanks, guys." Tiffany responded with a smile. "You know what? I missed you guys so much during the break and we haven't really hung out since day one of school. How does dinner at our place sound?"

"Dinner at Tiffany's!"

...

Just put the damn letter in the locker, Yuri!

The said girl scolded herself, all the while looking extremely nervous.

It's okay. You're not doing anything wrong. Just slide it in and go. You can do this. We've been over this for so many times already!

Taking a deep breath, Yuri finally slid the envelope in the tiny crevice of the locker. With a huge sigh, she closed her eyes and tried to calm the erratic beating of her heart.

You did it. Good job, Yuri.

She looked around one last time and upon checking that no one was around to witness such episode, she dashed out of the scene.

...


Jessica cautiously approached her locker and was surprised to see that it looked normal. She slowly opened it and she nearly screamed when a white envelope fell from it.

“Gosh. Just what is this?” she mumbled as she picked up the envelope.

She scoffed upon seeing what’s written in the envelope.

"To: Tiffany Hwang"

---END OF FLASHBACK---

 

"It was your locker?" The now wide-eyed Yuri asked, baffled.

"Well, obviously."

Yuri finally took the time to sit down on a chair, burying her head in both of her hands. "I'm so screwed." She groaned.

"Oh, come on. It's not that bad. I'm only what? One of Tiffany's closest friends ever. Not a big deal." Jessica asked in a purely sarcastic manner.

Yuri glared at her.

"What?" Jessica asked, extremely amused.

Yuri's face softened. "Please give the letter back. Also, please forget that this ever happened."

Jessica raised her eyebrows questioningly. "That's not how you negotiate, Kwon Yuri." She chuckled. "And I'm not the type to forget that easily."

Seeing where this might be heading, Yuri said something that she'd probably regret. "I promise to do anything you ask me to. Just please, don't tell anyone about this."

Jessica smiled, trying to hide how surprised she actually was. "Don't say promises you can't keep, Kwon Yuri."

"Please?"

"I'll think about it." Jessica smirked. "I'll hold on to this letter for a while. Don't worry, I won't tell her...yet."

Jessica started to head out the door when she suddenly stopped and looked over her shoulder. "I'm heading to the cafeteria. Wanna go with me?"

Stunned, Yuri stuttered. "U-uh."

"I'm not taking no for an answer. Plus, wouldn't it be nice to get used to doing everything I ask you to? After all, I might consider your offer." Jessica teased.

"Fine."

...


Feel free to ask questions if you find the story confusing so far. :)

Oh and I used my phone for this update and I'm not sure if that messed up the formatting and whatnot. Haha