001

Roundabout

Wednesday. 7:45 am.

“Man, it’s only the third day and I’m already anticipating the end of the school year.”

Hyoyeon said as she stretched her arms.

Yuri chuckled. “Three more days before we cross a week off that calendar.”

“You don’t need to remind me.” Hyoyeon groaned.

It was silent for a short while. But when Hyoyeon noticed that their other friend is still missing, she started a conversation once again.

“Sooyoung’s still not here. Did she say anything about not coming to class today?” she chuckled. “It hasn’t even been a week and she’s already skipping classes. She really is something.”

Sensing the lack of response from Yuri, she looked at the latter curiously.

“What’s wrong with y-”

She wasn’t able to finish her question as Yuri stood up abruptly.

“You look like you’ve just seen a ghost. What’s wrong?”

“I-I forgot something from my locker.”

And with that, Yuri bolted out of the classroom.

“What? Class is about to start. Hey! Wait for me, at least!”

Hyoyeon proceeded to run after Yuri but she accidentally bumped into someone.

“Ouch.”

“Sorry!”

Hyoyeon said quickly before dashing out of the classroom.

The baffled girl could only look outside the door in confusion.

“Why is everyone in such a rush this early in the morning?” she mumbled to herself before taking her seat.

7:51 am.

“Just what did you forget that you couldn’t wait until lunch break?”

Hyoyeon complained as she walked beside Yuri.

“I never asked you to come with me, did I?”

“Look at this ungrateful kid.” Hyoyeon scoffed.

Yuri ignored her. Her eyes were glued at one thing: that glorious blonde hair.

Today was Yuri’s chance of finding out where her crush’s locker is at. Years of hiding her admiration for the girl had led her to this. This year, Yuri planned, would be a whole school year plan to let her feelings be known.

They walked in silence until they reached their lockers. To say that Yuri was grateful when she found out that their lockers aren’t that far apart would be the biggest understatement of the year.

How could I have missed it all these years? Yuri mentally facepalmed herself.

Upon remembering that Hyoyeon was with her, Yuri pretended to be looking through the things in her locker.

“I…uhh...think it’s in my bag.” She made up.

Hyoyeon scoffed and stared at Yuri in disbelief, to which the latter responded with a sheepish smile.

12:10 pm.

“So, where’s that cousin of yours? Aren’t you going to introduce us?” Jessica asked.

Taeyeon looked up from her plate. “She’ll show up next week. I’ll introduce you then.”

“And she can get away with that? Lucky.”

“Like you can’t.” Taeyeon chuckled.

“You ditched us yesterday and you didn’t bring any proof to justify that?” Tiffany joked.

“Yeah.” Jessica chided. “I had no one to talk to and I ended up doing our homework, which isn’t really a bad thing. But still!”

The girls were referring to when Tiffany applied for candidacy in the student council after classes yesterday. Jessica, to show her support, stayed behind and waited for the former. Taeyeon was supposed to be there but her mother thought it’s best if she was also there to pick her cousin up from the airport.

“She wanted to get some rest first. Not like I can drag her all the way here.”

Tiffany narrowed her eyes. “Got a better explanation?”

“She just came all the way from America. Let her rest. And we aren’t exactly that close so…yeah.” Taeyeon defended.

“I was kidding though.” Tiffany chuckled.

“I know.” The other said with a smile.

5:05 pm.

“Dinner at Tiffany’s!” Jessica exclaimed as she side-hugged the said girl,

“You’re that happy?” Tiffany asked, amused.

“Of course. Home cooking is always the best.” She then turned to Taeyeon. “You won’t be ditching us today, would you?”

The latter responded with a laugh. “Stop making me feel guilty about it.”

They were steps away from the gates of the school when Jessica suddenly stopped walking.

“Shoot. I left something in my locker. I’ll be back in a few. Don’t you guys dare to leave me behind.” She joked before running off.

She reached the halls in a minute or so and as she turned to a corner, she noticed a figure that was lingering in front of what seemed to be her locker. She decided to hide and observe the familiar-looking girl. Jessica then suddenly became alarmed when she noticed that the girl was seemingly jamming her locker.

What the heck?

Noticing that the familiar girl is making a run for it and is heading her way, she pressed up in the corner and listened as the culprit’s footsteps grew louder and louder. She then let out the breath she didn’t even know she was holding when she saw the culprit’s back grow smaller and smaller until she’s nowhere to be seen.

Jessica cautiously approached her locker and was surprised to see that it looked normal. She slowly opened it and she nearly screamed when a white envelope fell from it.

“Just what is this?” she mumbled as she picked up the envelope.

She scoffed upon seeing what’s written in the envelope.

Kwon Yuri…you fool.