Chapter 1

Divorcement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Truthful to his word, Chanyeol was indeed standing at the entrance, still clad in his grey suit. He was wearing a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses as a slight disguise. His lips pulled into a small unsuspicious smile as Baekhyun reached the entrance with Junmyeon walking close to him. Baekhyun greeted his husband with a light pat on the shoulder, acknowledging his great effort to be present although he had a very hectic day at work. A woman in her twenties led the guests to their reserved table where Baekhyun’s colleague’s seemed to be seated at. Everyone greeted each other formally, hands were shaken, Chanyeol was introduced to a few of Baekhyun’s colleagues who hadn’t been present on the day of their wedding.

 

“It’s very nice to see you, Chanyeol.” The director of the series said, smiling slightly.

 

“How is work?”

 

“Very eventful as usual, nothing surprising though.” Chanyeol replied in a joking manner. The man laughed slightly, nodding.

 

“That’s great, Mr. Park. We’ve gathered here today to discuss an offer which had been presented at the board meeting last week,” The man changed the subject, as he fixated his gaze on Baekhyun who had been staring in awe at the conversation between his husband and the director of the KBS series.

 

“Another one?” Baekhyun questioned warily, his schedule was very packed and a spot for another filming was likely impossible.

 

“This one involves you and your husband, Baekhyun.” Baekhyun raised an eyebrow, baffled. Chanyeol leaned forward, wondering if he misinterpret the sentence spoken.

 

“Could you please clarify, sir?” Baekhyun asked, it was very odd to receive an offer involving both of them, it has never occurred before after all.

 

“It’s a wonderful offer, trust me. KBS has seen your popularity rise very rapidly, Baekhyun. We’ve seen this as a great opportunity for the reality television in South-Korea, it partly lacks in that aspect lately. They’ve offered the both of you your own reality show to be aired in a month on Korean television. It’s a complex offer, but it surely has its advantages.  First of all, you’re married to each other, it will be a very interesting fresh sight. You’ll be able to express yourself on national television to the public as your very own person. You won’t be playing a character you won’t agree with, you’ll be Byun Baekhyun, who I had the pleasure to meet in the beginning of this year.” Baekhyun was speechless, he blinked his eyes rapidly processing the information he'd heard seconds ago. Chanyeol was silent beside him, but the information had clearly affected him as he seemed to battling certain thoughts in his mind. Baekhyun silently nodded, coming to terms with the information spoken.


"That's a generous offer, sir." Baekhyun started.


"But it won't fit our current lifestyle,"


"Don't get me wrong, I would love to accept such an offer but there are boundaries in this industry,"

"I would love to separate private from work,"


"My husband doesn't appreciate loads of publicity when it comes to our relationship, it wouldn't be the most excellent idea to have cameras filming our every move." Baekhyun concluded, as he searched the director's face for any reactions. Baekhyun stretched his hand to intertwine his fingers with Chanyeol's, reassuring him he wasn't accepting anything his husband would be uncomfortable with.

 

"I understand your perspective entirely, Baekhyun. On the other hand, it will include benefits for a young newlywed couple," Baekhyun stayed silent, motioning the director to explain further otherwise the conversation could be finished at this point.

 

 

“Baekhyun, you’re an uprising actor. The ladies love you although you’re married, your career has just started, it will be unfortunate if your developed popularity plummets because of your current relationship. Your manager has spoken to me about all of these reasons you might want to consider this offer, you will gain even more recognition as your fans will see y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter