Diary Number XX: This Is Me

Preview of Upcoming Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yura's Side Story

My life started out just like everyone else in the world. But I grow up in a wealthy and rich family. Everyone always think being born in a rich family have all the happiness. But they are all wrong. I was really happy when I was young up until I get into pre-school. That’s when everything in my life turns against me.

     I’m different than everyone in my whole entire family. They are all loud and happy person while I’m the only one who is always depress and never talk. My cousins and brother started talking when they are only 2 or 3 years old. And here I am only started talking when I turned 5.

     I attend pre-school when I was 5 back in Vietnam. I started talking during that time. But when people heard me talking, they would make fun of me and say my voice is annoying. They would always make fun of me and tell me I don’t belong in this world. My brother and cousins then heard about it and talked to them. They stop for a while but then start doing it again. After 4 or 5 times of talking, I decide to never talk again unless people talk to me first.

     At the age of 5, that was the happiest year of my life. But ever since I turn 6, everyone went against me even my brother and cousins. They were never by my side to protect me from bullies like they used to anymore. Instead they started to bully me too. I never get to know what happened and why they become like that.

     Before that day, my brother and I would always play with each other. One day he accidently dislocated my arm. It hurt so much that my dad had to call my uncle to bring me to the emergency up in the city where my uncle work. At the age of 7, my brother pushed me off a very tall bench and my jaw got split open. I have to go to the hospital for a week in order for me to get the surgery for it. After that I came home to be laugh at. My parents never knew anything because they were always at work.

     One day my cousins decided to play joke on me and tell lies to my parents about me being bad and being a troublemaker. I was beaten till I couldn’t walk at all for 2 to 3 days. When I was able to walk again, I decided to get my revenge on every single one of my cousins. I would go from house to house and mess up their stuff. On my way to my last cousin house, I decide to put sand in her food so she can’t eat and be starved. I was beaten again after she told my parents.

     When I was 8, my brother would always try to hurt me. (It was also the year my little sister was born.) My mom would always tell me that I got into a very bad car accident that I almost die. My arms were broken and bones can also be seen. And I also couldn’t walk because of the broken bones on my legs. I was in the hospital waiting for my surgery to be done. After hearing about it I would always think I should have die that day so I don’t have to suffer. One day I was hang out in front of the house. The lady next door was having her house remodel. This man who was working for her didn’t know that I was on the other side so he started breaking the brick. It then fall and land in my left eyes. My left eyes were split open and blood was coming out so much. I was brought to the hospital once again. My left eyes now have 3 stitches. That lady next door knew what happened but she never comes over to say sorry nor did she pay for what happened that day. My mom had to use her money to pay for my hospital bill. Every day until I turned 9 was always like that.

     On June 12 of 2006, the day I will be leaving my hometown. That day I cried so much but no one cares. I hid myself from everyone so they can’t see me cry. I was afraid they will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter