Teaser

Pokemon GO! >> APPLY OPEN!
 

Background one

"-gasp- IM A POKEMON PROFESSOR, MY DREAM! PART I" 

If there was anything in this world that Simon Spruce loved more than programing, it was Pokemon. 

As childhood nostalgia does, Pokemon was always an 1000/100 in his heart. Whenever someone in his vicinity started singing the Pokemon theme song, he was right there with them; Belting out his very unused vocal chords to it's fullest capacity as his coworkers gave him annoyed looks from their cubicles. 

So when he heard about a secret project of bringing Pokemon into the real life as a gaming experience, he was all aboard that ship even before it was loaded up. He searched high and low before he happened to stumble onto the company that was currently head of the project. Ever ambitious, he sent his resume in  everyday ( in reality, he sent one every so hour, but pfft, small details) with hopes that he would be hired.

In some miracle (that they didn't file an restraining order or something), Simon Spruce aced the interview and here he was, one of the programmers of the new app coming soon; Pokemon Go. 

Sure, his job wasn't the most eye catching as he looked through walls of code to make sure the Pokemon were the same color as their normal counterparts, but he still loved it. 

So when he just happened to be looking randomly at a random set of codes for Eevee, he froze when he noticed a weird glitch. 

"Hmm?" Squinting his eyes, he pulled his black rimmed glasses off his nose before he placed them back. Noticing the code still there, he hurried and deleted it without much thought. 

Then the next week when he was working on a code for Ninetails, he noticed the code again. However when he tried to delete it, it reappeared. No matter how many times he deleted it, it appeared again and again. 

So when he brought it the higher ups, he was surprised when the door of the office was suddenly clicked shut. 

"Spruce," Simon mentally prayed for a peaceful death as his boss sat back in his chair, his hands laced together near his face. Very evil villain like and Simon would have been impressed, but seeing as this situation was quickly becoming weird and albeit scary, he figured it would be a bad idea. 

"Y-yes, Sir?" he squeaked out as he slunk back into his seat when his boss started leaning over to stare at Simon right in his soul. 

"I have to say I'm impressed with the quality of your work," before Simon could thank him, he let out a very manly noise when his boss slammed one hand onto the desk. "I always needed an assistant for this and since you're the only one who noticed the code, I guess you will suffice." 

"...An assistant...for what, sir?" 

"Simon Spruce," Why was his boss whispering? "What do you say to the possibility of Pokemon existing in our world? Like real Pokemon you can catch." 

Simon stared at his boss with wide eyes, not caring as his mouth hung open unattractively (PFT, NOT THAT HE NEVER UNATTRACTIVE IN HIS HUMBLE OPINION), "...Are you pulling my leg cause even if you're my boss, I'll have no problem slapping you silly with this chair." 

"...No, I'm very serious." 

Simon stared at his boss before jumping out from his seat. Completely ignoring the fact that he managed to hit his boss square in the nose when his limbs exploded in excitement. 

"HECK YEAH. POKEMON SIGN ME UP."  To say, it was the best day of his 22 year old life was an understatement (even if he had to run to the nearest convenience store for some tissues for the sudden nose bleed his boss had. Simon blames his attractiveness). 
 

 

authors note

Hello everyone. Long time no update lol...
To the many that might think this fic might not be happening, do not worry cause it will. It'll just take some time especially since I need more apps. 
Anyway, I hope you liked this teaser and don't worry if you like some Simon Spruce, he will be showing up in the main story. HINT HINT LOOK AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE.  He would be older, but w.e.
That is all for now. Tell me what you think of this teaser...cause it took me a while to finally write it. If you haven't, send them apps in !