The Introduction

Kintsukuroi

A/N: Hi yall! I know I haven't updated this in 5EVER and I am sincerely sorry for that. I left an explanation on my other story "Forget Me Not" and completely forgot to give one for this. But now that I am back, lets get this things rolling!! Anyway, I want to apologize for this chapter as well since not much happens, BUT I am already starting the next one, so please look forward to it as well. Good readings~


🐷

Jimin looks into the mirror for the umpteenth time that evening. “How about this one, Tae?”

 

Said redhead rolls his eyes letting out an exasperated sigh. “It looks great, Chim. Just like the other 20 shirts you tried on,” he answers tiredly, flipping through his phone aimlessly.

 

The slightly annoyed tone elicits a pout from the elder. He knew that he was being difficult, but he just really wanted to look good in front of Jaehwan. This dinner could be the make or break of their budding relationship and Jimin wanted everything to be perfect.

 

“I’m sorry. I’ll just keep this shirt on,” he says dejectedly. Taehyung had put up with his nervousness for over an hour and he felt guilty for making his best friend help him for so long.

 

Taehyung lifts his head immediately already expecting the sulking expression on his other half’s face. He throws his phone somewhere on the bed and makes his way to the raven haired boy still critically looking over his outfit. He snakes his arms around Jimin’s waist and hoists him up.

 

“Uwahh. Kim Taehyung, what do you think you are doing?!” the dancer says surprised.

 

“Don’t be anxious, Jiminie. You look beautiful, you always do,” Taehyung says, setting the now blushing boy back on the ground but still hugging him tightly. “And if anything, this Jaehyo guy should be worried meeting the rest of us for the first time.”

 

“Jaehwan,” the smaller corrects, “And you guys promised not be too harsh on him. You promised to give him a chance.”

 

“Yeah, but I also promised that I would protect you forever and according to the ‘Taehyung’s List of Prioritized Promises’ I think...” he taps a finger against his chin, pretending to ponder. “Yep, that would have to be on the top,” he pops the ‘p’ at the end.

 

Jimin smiles fondly at the redhead’s words. “You are so weird. Remind me why we’re friends again,” he jokes.

 

“Oh, we are not just friends, Park Jimin. We are best friends,” the younger proudly declares. “And you put up with me because you love me.”

 

Jimin laughs that boisterous laugh that has his body flung back against Taehyung’s chest, hand hovering over his mouth. “Haha. Well, I can’t argue with you there.”

 

The ‘95 duo continue giggling before Jimin turns back around to style his hair in the mirror. Taehyung let’s go of him and simply watches his friend affectionately from behind, stupid smile still evident on his face.

 

It droops a bit though as the redhead continues observing the ebony haired male. Of course Taehyung was happy that Jimin had found a nice enough man that he was willing to introduce his groupmates to, but he couldn’t help but feel a bit disappointed.

 

Out of all the members, Taehyung has known Jimin for the longest. Being the same age, they spent most of their time and nearly did everything together; heck, they even graduated high school together! And the thought of having to share the older boy with someone other than his bandmates made Taehyung’s frown deepen.

 

Jimin turns around, not used to the silence that rarely fills the room when the redhead was around. He’s just open to open his mouth, not liking the down expression on the younger’s face when he hears the doorbell ring, followed by a, “I think Jaehwan’s here, Jimin,” coming from his Jin hyung.

 

Jimin’s eyes widen. “Oh my god, Tae! He’s here! He’s here!”

 

Taehyung is brought out of his stupor by the excitement in his friend’s voice. With his previous thoughts stored somewhere in the back of his mind, a familiar boxy grin finds its way back onto his face. “Well, let’s not keep him waiting!”

 

Taehyung grabs Jimin’s wrist and pulls the other towards the door. As they arrive, the other members are huddled in the living room, ready to meet Jaehwan

 

The redhead ungraciously shoves the shorter male towards the door, motioning for him to open it already. Jimin nods but his hand hesitatingly hovers over the door knob.The members are surprised when Jimin turns around and faces them.

 

“Remember, you guys promised to be behaved and not so… protective,” Jimin reminds.

 

Yoongi stifles a laugh at how serious their mochi looks, an expression that doesn’t suit his squishy face, but he nods nevertheless. Taehyung and Jungkook simply give “ok” signs while Hoseok and Namjoon coo at the younger boy.

 

It is Seokjin that huffs, though. “I promised that I will do my best but there are no guarantees until I meet this man, Jiminie.” At that, the said male pouts, jutting out his plush bottom lip. Jin rolls his eyes and ruffles the tuff of black hair fondly. “Yah! Hyung is not ready to give you up that easily okay,” he laughs.

 

Jimin’s eyes crinkle as he snorts at the comment and finally turns the doorknob revealing a tall and quite handsome man dressed in a well tailored and suit with styled chestnut hair. Said man’s face brightens as Jimin comes into his view, he pulls a bouquet of roses from behind his back.

 

“Wow. You look lovely, Jimin-ssi,” Jaehwan says almost dumbly. With Jimin’s tight, black leather pants hugging his thighs and sinfully, Gucci loafers adorning his feet, loose, white blouse with specks of silver running down the seams that had a shimmering, sequined silver collar, effortlessly combed through ebony tresses, and light eye makeup for more intesnsity, Jimin was indeed a sight to be acknowledged. Jaehwan’s eyes ravaged the dancer and he swallowed audibly.

 

That of course did not go by Jin or Jungkook unnoticed as they glared warily at the man.

 

Jimin’s face heats up at the compliment, not seeing how the other’s eyes were silently undressing him, and he brings the flowers into his own hands. “Ah, thank you hyung. You don’t look too bad yourself.”

 

Jaehwan snaps back and smiles, scratching the back of his head bashfully. “I was actually so nervous I came here an hour early and just sat in my car thinking of what to say,” the older man confesses.

 

This causes Jimin to laugh as he pats the elder’s shoulder. “You should’ve just come up. I’m pretty sure I was more nervous about this than you were,” Jimin informs.

 

They both chuckle, the noise eventually falling to an awkward silence. Both boys simply glancing at each other and not really knowing how to proceed. Taehyung gets impatient and decides to urge his favorite member.

 

“Jimbles, are you going to invite him in?” Taehyung asks and snickers at Jimin’s sudden flustered face.

 

“Oh yeah! I’m so sorry. Please come in, Jaehwan hyung,” Jimin steps aside for the other to enter.

 

Once inside, the bangtan members notice how large of a man Jaehwan actually is; he was a good 2 inches taller than Rap Monster but maintained a strong build like Jungkook and had shoulders that were even wider than Jin’s. All in all, compared to their smallest member, Jaehwan was an intimidating size.

 

Jimin doesn’t see the way the others are observing the brunette however, and he introduces his family from oldest to youngest.

 

“The really good looking guy over there is Seokjin hyung. The guy that kinda resembles a grandpa with the grey hair is Yoongi hyung,” he says says cheekily. “This ray of sunshine here is my Hoseok hyung. That is my very wise, but very clumsy leader Namjoon hyung. The obnoxious redhead is my soulmate Taehyung. And finally this oversized bunny is my Jungkookie,” The mochi explains almost proudly, ignoring the offended muttering from D-boy himself.

 

“And guys, this is Jaehwan,” he finishes.

 

“Soulmate?” Jaehwan looks at Jimin with a raised brow amusedly. The raven haired boy beams back with a assured nod.

 

“Nice to meet you all,” the tall brunette turns back and bows politely to the group. They laugh loudly since the man is literally bent in a 90 degree angle looking straight down at his polished dress shoes.

 

Namjoon pats the older man’s shoulders. “It’s okay Jaehwan… -sunbae? You’re older than most of us anyway so no need to be so formal.”

 

“Hyung is fine. And I’m sorry, I just wanted to make a good impression,” Jaehwan admits lightly.

 

“I’m sure we’ll get to know each other very well. Now let’s get moving or we’re going to be late,” Yoongi says hurriedly, stomach growling in agreement.

 

As the 8 males file out of the door, Jimin’s soft voice calls out to them. “Umm, is it okay if I ride with Jaehwan hyung,” he asks rather shyly.

 

“But-” Seokjin gets cut off by Hoseok before he could protest.

 

“Of course, you can, Jiminie. See you at the restaurant!” Hoseok waves and continues to lead the eldest hyung out the door.

 

Once the group was an earshot away from the pair, Hobi releases his hold on Jin. “How dare you, Jung Hoseok. How could you let my sweet baby ride alone with that stranger?!” Jin puts his hands on his hips, radiating fury.

 

Hobi simply smiles and makes his way to the vehicle. “Stop being so overbearing, hyung. Jiminie said he liked him, the least we can do is trust the guy with this much,” the dancer reasons.


A/N: Hopefully it wasn't too bad. All my stories are not beta-ed so please escuse typos and mistakes (It's only me and 3 unfinished stories TT3TT). I go on spring break in 3 weeks so hopefully I get the next chapter posted then. Until next time my lovelies~

-Mindy