Our Jiminie

Kintsukuroi

A/N: I finally finished this chapter! YAY. Sorry that it took so long! Thanks for those who subscribed, even when y'all's only had my crappy description/foreward to go by :D Much appreciate~ Anywho, The first part of this may be triggering so please read at your own discretion! Thank you, and happy readings!


tumblr_static_tumblr_static_4kpk7i9h4ha8cgwc04wosw804_640.gif

🐷

“T-tae...h-hyung?”

 

“Shh. It’s okay Jiminie, Taetae is here. Ju-just stay awake for me okay? Please.” Taehyung smiles his wide and boxy grin, but the stream of tears rolling down his face and the rapid beating of his heart gives way to the gravity of their situation. Jimin feels stupid for texting Taehyung. Then again, maybe he intentionally messaged the younger hoping that someone would come for him. “Please Chimchim. Stay awake! For me! We can go home and finally go on that trip to Japan like you always wanted, so just p-please. Jimin, open your eyes!”

 

And he does. Even as he lies there, darkness consuming his outer vision, Jimin slowly raises his hand. He reaches for his sobbing friend, guilt welling in his already damaged heart, as he heartbreakingly wipes the tears away with his thumb. “Don’t c-cry, Tae. Not… y-your fault…” Jimin tried to smile reassuringly to the younger, but his vision began to swim. “ -m sleepy…”

 

Taehyung cups the small hand on his cheek, grip tight and pressing on his face, feeling as if he let go, the being in his arms would just slip away, which wasn’t far from the truth. “NO! Stay with me Jimin, keep your eyes open!” His screams reached deaf ears though.

 

Jimin attempts to look up at his best friend one last time, knowing that the blurry mop of brown hair could only belong to his Taetae. And as he sees the agony in the other’s face, Jimin begins to feel regret. He regrets not trying harder. He regrets failing everyone. He regrets how this became his only option, his only escape. He regrets not confiding in s one last time. He regrets not apologizing to them. He regrets leaving them, leaving Taehyung with this last memory of him. He regrets it all. Tears begin to well  up in Jimin’s eyes as the memories flash through his mind.

 

A single tear slips out the corner of his half opened eyes and a faint smile appeared on his lips. “I’m s-sorry… l-love… you... guys... “ That was the last thing Taehyung heard as Jimin’s eyes closed for good, and the hand in his palm laxes.

 

Taehyung broke.

 

“NO. PLEASE JIMIN! NOO!” He pulled the body closer, one arm around the smaller’s waist as the other smoothed down his hair. Taehyung’s eyes stung with a fresh new wave of tears, and he squeezed them shut, letting the liquid spill out. “You promised,” he whispered into Jimin’s hair. “You said that we’ll be friends forever. You promised. I only have you, Chimchim.”

 

Taehyung’s sobs were loud. So loud that he didn’t hear the door being burst open as Rapmon entered, heaving and ready to scold the younger for leaving dinner so abruptly, then making him chase the red head down for the entirety of two whole blocks! “Taehyung! Where in th-”

 

But the words got stuck in his mouth as the scene in front of him stopped him dead in his tracks. The red head’s eyes darted towards his leader when he heard his name being called. The pure anguish and pain he saw in those usually bright orbs had Namjoon holding his breath. “Hyung, he won’t wake up,” Taehyung cried, stuffing his face back into a familiar tuff of black hair… Jimin’s hair!

That’s when Namjoon started registering his surroundings. He was standing in front of the door to their dorm. Taehyung has Jimin cradled in his arms, touch so light as if he was treating Jimin like the most fragile thing in the world.

 

But wait. Why was Jimin in their dorm? Isn’t he supposed to be staying with Jaehwan? Where is Jaehwan? His thoughts get interrupted, however, as Taehyung’s wavering voice calls out to him. “Hyung, please help.”

 

Adrenaline rushes through the leader at the sight of their smallest member. He was so pale, lips almost blue. His eyes were shut but a single tear stain glistened on his face… and it scared Namjoon. It scared him how dead the younger looked, but how absolutely peaceful his face was, like he had given up and already accepted his fate; he looked relieved, and it hurt the mint haired so deeply that this was the happiest he has seen Jimin in months, now disappearing from the world in Taehyung’s arms.

 

Namjoon races over to the duo in the living room, two fingers placed on Jimin’s neck instantly, checking for any signs of life. To his utter relief, a slight beat was felt, but barely strong enough to reassure him. The leader immediately pulled out his phone and dialled 119.

 

Time seemed to slow down for Taehyung. Everything was too much for his mind and heart to register. All he knew was that his best friend, the one person that was always there for him no matter what, was dying, actually dying. And he couldn’t do anything about it, but hold him. He wanted to protect whatever little of his Jiminie was left, so he tightened his arms around the elder.

 

He held him close, and continued to do so for what felt like hours, but in reality was less than 5 minutes. People began pouring into their dorm, surrounding the two on the floor as one of the men in scrubs spoke with Namjoon. But Taehyung didn’t care, holding Jimin even tighter.

 

That was until hands started to pull Taehyung away. He clung on to the unconscious body and screamed. He fought and swatted the many hands away, nearly biting someone’s finger off as she got too close to Jimin. The people backed away slowly as Taehyung growled at them. No one was going to take his Jimin away, not over his dead body.

 

Pressure on his shoulder brought him out of his trance though. And he looked up directly into the leader’s piercing eyes. “Listen to me, Taehyung. These people are here to help Jiminie, okay? You need to let them help,” Namjoon said softly, like talking to a young child. “Common buddy. Let go of Jimin so that the nice lady here can give him some medical attention. We can go see him later, when he’s all better. How does that sound?” Taehyung could only nod as he loosens his grip around his best friend and takes Namjoon’s hand, leading him towards their kitchen.

 

As soon as the red head lets go of his vice grip, the EMT’s rush to the comatose being on the floor. A gurney is called in as another male begins pumping Jimin’s heart, a woman ready with an oxygen mask is standing close beside him. Another female to the side, with gloved hands, grabs an emptied pill bottle, looking over the prescription before placing it in a plastic bag and handing it over. Shouts begin to fill the room as more medics barge in with a stretcher and everyone’s attention is focused on saving the ebony haired boy’s life.

 

And the reality of the situation finally hits the BTS leader, grip on Taehyung’s hand tightening. “It okay. Everything will be okay. Jimin is going to be fine, he has to.” Whether Namjoon was trying to convince Taehyung or himself, he wasn’t so sure.

 

And as everyone starts filing out, with Jimin’s body on a stretcher, oxygen mask placed over his face, Namjoon and Taehyung follow close behind; the two members could only think of how they had allowed everything to come to this.

 

With that last thought, Namjoon closes the door to their dorm, running after the EMT’s with Taehyung by his side...

🐷

Previously~

 

It was a peaceful Saturday morning; there were no schedules, no practices, no recordings, no interviews, just a well deserved break for the Bulletproof Boyscouts. Seokjin stood by the stove, preparing breakfast for his beloved dongsaengs, quietly humming a tune while he stirred the simmering doengjang jjigae* over the open flame. Namjoon, who was usually the second to wake, was seated on the table with a tablet in a hand and a mug of black coffee in the other, silently reading over news articles present on the internet. Hoseok was sprawled out on their shorter couch, head supported on the armrest as he browsed through his social media accounts occasionally laughing at a funny video or meme that would pop up on his newsfeed. Yoongi, arguably the liveliest member of the group, greeted the occupants in the room before making himself comfortable on the other vacant couch and returned to dreamland swiftly right there in the living room, softly snoring away his worries. The two youngest, bound with so much energy even at 9 in the morning, were in the midst of a race, both gripping their game controllers tightly as they swayed from side to side in hopes of making their vehicle move in sync with their motions.

 

Jin couldn’t fight off the smile that appeared on his lips as shouts of “No fair, hyung! You totally cheated,” and “Sorry, Kookie. I am just too good for your unworthy skills,” filled the otherwise tranquil room. And his grin broadened as he heard soft footsteps from the hallway, signalling the arrival of their last and plausibly most precious member.

 

“Mmm… Good morning everyone,” Jimin all but mumbled as he fisted his tiny hands in attempt to rub the sleepy haze away from his eyes. “JIMINIE!” Taehyung ran to the other and engulfed the smaller in an affectionate hug, rubbing their cheeks together lovingly, game console completely forgotten at the appearance of his best friend. “I missed you so much,” box smile visible as he cooed towards his fellow 95 liner. “Tae, you saw me last night and probably this morning when you got up,” Jimin deadpanned as he practically dragged his clinging roommate to the dining table, still only half awake.

 

Not pleased with the elder’s response, Taehyung faced him with widened eyes and a trembling lip, “Yeah, but doesn’t mean I didn’t miss you… You said that we were going to be friends forever, but here you are ignoring me and-”

 

“Yah! Okay, Okay. I’m sorry Taetae, I missed you too. Now let’s eat alright?”

 

“Not unless you feed me.”

 

“Will not.”

 

“Will to.”

 

“WILL NOT.”

 

“WILL TO.”

 

“Fine.”

 

Namjoon and Seokjin glanced at one another and begin chuckling at their 95 duo’s antics. It was nearly impossible to keep those two from bickering, but their fights end almost as soon as they start and they return to doting on each other like nothing ever happened.

 

“Geesh, you would think I would be older with the way those two act.” Jungkook adds coolly as he takes a seat at the table on the other side of Jimin.

 

“At least they still don’t sleep with a stuff animal, Kookie,” Hoseok half laughs as he intervenes and joins the rest of the group. Looking mortified and highly embarrassed, the maknae points to the lead dancer and yells, “My mom gave me Mr. Fluffles! You’re a traitor, Hobi hyung!” But the declaration only makes the dancer laugh louder.

 

Seokjin glowers at their youngest. “How many times do I have to tell you, Jungkook. No shouting at the table.” The maknae lowers his head, face pink from being scolded in front of his hyungs, “Sorry, Jin hyung.”

 

Jimin smiles softly and rubs the back of Jungkook’s neck, “It’s okay Jungkookie. I still sleep with Tae sometimes when I miss my family. There’s nothing wrong with wanting some comfort.” Jungkook looks complacent at his hyung’s words and shoots a tongue out at Hoseok. “Yeah, and I still sleep with Jiminie just because he’s the cutest person in the world,” Taehyung adds as he presses his forehead against the flushing elder. “Pabo,” the raven haired says, but does nothing to extract himself from the 4D creature.

 

But something, or more like someone does. And surprisingly, Jimin finds himself separated from his roommate, seat turned and facing Jungkook instead. The maknae sits awkwardly in front of the elder, refusing to make eye contact. “Kookie?” Jungkook’s grip on his knees tighten as he builds up the courage to face his hyung. “I THINK YOU’RE CUTE TOO HYUNG. So… so if you miss your family, you can… youcansleepwithmeandmisterflufflesifyouwant…”

 

“I’m sorry, what was the last part, Kookie?” Jimin looks at the youngest encouragingly, not catching the knowing glances and smirks thrown around the room nor the red color tinging the maknae’s ears.

 

“I said… youcansleepwithmeifyouwant.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“The brat wants you to sleep with him and his stuffed bunny. Now can we please get some breakfast!”

 

Suga’s appearance catches everyone off guard, but Hoseok and Taehyung begin setting up the table nevertheless. As Namjoon helps Jin bring over the pot of stew, Jimin leans over to their crimson youngest. “I’ll gladly sleep with you and Mr. Fluffles any day, Jungkookie. Just call when you need me.” He pats the younger’s knee and doesn’t miss the broad grin that stretches across his face, and the twinkling of his eyes. Jungkook puts 2 thumbs up and winks at the other “You betcha, Jimin!”

 

“Yah! Its Jimin hyung to you,” the the elder yells, ready to smack the younger. That is, until a forceful cough has the entire table flinching.

 

“WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT SHOUTING AT THE TABLE?!” Seokjin’s nostrils flare as he reprimands his dongsaengs, wielding a ladle in his right hand threateningly.

 

They both cowered in fear and murmured quick apologies, not even mentioning to their eldest hyung that he  did in fact, just shouted across the table. But they didn’t have a death wish, so kept their mouths shut as Jimin took the duty of generously scooping the bowls of soup for his group mates and not to get back on his hyung’s good graces.

 

After pouring everyone a bowl, Jimin sits back down in his chair with his own bowl of stew. “Jal meokkesseumnida*,” they say in unison before the boys begin digging in.

 

“Uwahh. Can you cook for us forever, Jin hyung,” Hoseok asks, already up to get seconds. “Do I even have a choice?” The eldest rolls his eyes, but there is no malice in his tone. Their leader answers, not missing a beat, “Nope. You know that we’d probably destroy the kitchen if anything, right hyung?”

 

“Maybe you would, Destruction Monster. But Yoongi and Jiminie here are actually really great helpers.” Jin smiles sweetly, completely ignoring the look a feigned hurt on Namjoon’s face as the table snickers. Their leader leans back with a hand over his chest dramatically before he starts in a high pitched voice, “Why, how could you even s-” but he doesn’t get to finish as he had leaned back to far, and the chair slips from right under, sending him toppling to the floor.

 

Their was a moment of silence before the table erupts into loud laughter. Rap Monster had the inclination to look bashful as the laughter continued. Still chuckling, Suga comes over to help his friend up. “I feel my life span shortening just being in your menacing presence, oh great God of Destruction,” the silver haired man jokes.

 

“Hey! I’m not that bad,” the mint head refutes, but even as he lifts up the chair, a few screws clatter to the ground and 2 of the legs hang loosely on their hinges.

 

“...”

 

“...”

 

“You really do break everything you touch, Joon,” Yoongi adds, still staring down at what once was a fully functional and quite modern chair. And the laughter returns even greater as their leader’s shoulders slump and he puts the broken piece of furniture off to the side.

 

“Here,  Namjoon hyung. You can sit in my seat,” Jimin offers, eyes crinkling from his giggles.

 

“Nuh uh, Jiminie. He,” Jin points to the mint haired boy, “broke the chair, therefore he stands, whether he’s your hyung or not.”

 

“But Jinnie...” Namjoon starts.

 

“Don’t ‘Jinnie’ me. Should’ve thought about that before you decided to fool around,” Seokjin chides.

 

“It’s okay, hyung. He can take my seat, I actually have something to tell you all.”

 

At that, everyone’s eyes widen in surprise, and Seokjin reluctantly allows Namjoon to sit down so that the eldest of the maknae line could continue. Once Jimin stands and all attention is focused on him, he gets a little shy and starts fiddling his fingers together while looking at the ground, not really sure how to tell them.

 

“Spit it out, Jimin,” Yoongi says impatiently, but was actually pretty curious to what the younger wanted to tell all of them over breakfast.

 

“Shush, hyung. Let him speak,” Jungkook waves Yoongi away impassively as all his awareness is on his low-key favorite hyung, urging him to continue. “Rude brat,” the silver haired boy mutters under his breath.

 

“Well, umm… How do I start? So I met this guy and we’ve-”

 

“Wait, what?! You met a guy?!” Jin’s motherly instinct comes pouring out at the news.

 

“Uh. Yeah, we-”

 

Taehyung abruptly stands from the other side of the table. “What’s his name? How old is he? How did you meet? And how come I was never informed?!”

 

“His name is Jaehwan, but-”

 

“What’s he like? Does he play video games, hyung,” Jungkook interrupts

 

“Okay, I’ll get there bu-”

 

Hoseok sniffles loudly, cutting off the now pouting boy. “Aww! Our Jiminie is growing up so fast! It feels like only yesterday when when we got you all to ourselves!” The lead dancer grabs a napkin and begins wiping at his eyes theatrically, drawing out sympathetic, yet agreeing  looks from Seokjin who feels like a child was being taken away from him.

 

“Guys…”

 

“Ahh, some people might say that we are too young to understand love, but maybe it is they who are too old to understand us. You see, Jiminie, our youth does not define our-” Namjoon’s mouth gets covered by a hand before he gets to continue his tirade of young love.

 

“We just had to deal with Destruction Monster. I cannot, and will not put up with the wise theories and principles of Philosophy Monster. Now all of you sit down, shut up, and let Jimin say what he has to tell us before I kill you all in your sleep.”

 

And just like that, the bandmates quiet down, giving a chance for Jimin to explain. The standing boy looks at Yoongi in gratitude, mouthing a silent, “Thank you, hyung,” to which the elder knowingly winks in return, hoping that the others don’t see the soft side that he personally reserves for their shortest member.

 

“So, like I was saying, I met this guy and his name is Yoo Jaehwan. He’s the same age as Yoongi hyung and umm, we’ve been seeing each other a lot lately. And I… I really like him, guys.” Jimin is slightly blushing now at the confession and brings his hands to cup his cheek in attempt to hide the tint.

 

“My baby is leaving me, ohmygod. I’m not ready to let you go yet,” Seokjin cries out loud, trembling his bottom lip.

 

“Hey! I’m the baby, hyung! You’re not suppose to pick favorites,” Jungkook pushes his chair back offended that their eldest would so easily forget his golden title of maknae.

 

“You? How could you be the baby? Just look at you compared to our cute little Jimbles,” the blonde retorts.

 

“Anyway,” Jimin sing songs, bringing the attention back to him, “Jaehwan hyung… he asked me out last week.” A loud vulture like squawk fills the room; its origin coming from the one known as Hobi. “THAT’S GREAT JIMIN! What did you say?”

 

“I told him I was really flattered and I do really like him, but…”

 

“But,” the groupmates say in unison.

 

“But I want him to meet you all first before I give him an answer. I know it’s kinda stupid, I mean, I like the guy and hopefully he likes me back if he asked me out… but you guys are my family and I want you to like him too. I don’t know, it’s just really important to me that you all approve of him before our relationship gets anywhere and-” Taehyung pulls Jimin into hug, stopping the other from rambling.

 

“You’re not stupid, Jiminie! And of course we’ll meet him. We have to if he’s planning on dating our Park Jimin,” Taehyung declares. “I refuse to give my best friend away to just some stranger!”

 

Jimin looks to all of his bandmates’, no, brothers’ faces and they all nod in agreement.

 

“How about we all meet for dinner tonight? Call your ‘future’ boyfriend, I’m feeling some chinese,” Yoongi says calmly, pushing away the warm feeling in the pit of his stomach, the fondness he felt that their Jimin finally found someone.

 

And there it is.

 

A smile blooms on Jimin’s face. A toothy smile that lifts his round cheeks and crinkles his eyes shut, turning them into crescents. A smile that was bestowed by the heavens and shaped by angels. A smile so bright, and so pure that it has the rest of the BTS members wondering how they were so fortunate enough to be gifted with a cherub of a person like Jimin. His smile could literally cure cancer, and the boys would never get enough of it. “Thanks guys! I love you all!”


The silence that ensues after is serene and comforting. Occasional slurps and and clanging of utensils are the only sounds. And as they finish up their breakfast, each member is lost in his own thoughts about the meal to come.


Doengjang Jjigae* - fermented soybean paste stew with vegetables and tofu

Jal Meokkesseumnida* - “I will enjoy this meal”; “Let’s eat”; “Have a nice meal”


And that's a wrap! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed  writing it!! Until next time, cuties~

-Mindy