Final

Developing Sparks

Just for reference, the bold ones are the conversation in English and italic are supposed to be in Chinese ^^


 

OC’S POV

 

Few days ago, I saw an advertisement about a job in SM Entertainment which required the person with a great English skill, which actually fits me really well even though I came from a country who has their own language but it is still compulsory to learn English as your second language, which explained my fluency in English.

                So long story short, I applied for it and went to the interview and they accepted me on the spot because I can speak 4 languages! So I go to work a few days later. Working along with me will be one of SM’s famous lyricist, Kenzie eonnie. You are not expecting that I’ll be working alone with EXO right? What an awkward situation I’ll put myself in.

                On the first day of work, I was quite early. I mean really early because it is freaking 2 hours before class session start! Can you guys see how nervous I am?! Okay, no kidding. This is really a nerve-wracking moment because who am I kidding? I’m going to teach EXO! I repeat, EXO! Sound absurd but yeah, this is reality guys ahaha *winks*

                An hour and 30 minutes later, I heard a cracking sound coming from the door. Curiously, I looked on my right to see an adorable Kyungsoo peeking at the door and I froze. As soon as both of our eyes met, he asked me in English (in bold), “Is this the English class?”

I as Kyungsoo’s biggest fan couldn’t say any words and just nodded with twinkling eyes. Okay now, how am I supposed to teach them if I’m acting like this just in front of Kyungsoo? And also, his English pronunciations are no joke! Almost perfect! Oh my god, I can feel my legs trembling. This is it, my only opportunity to speak with Kyungsoo alone without any EXO’s members.

“You’re early”, I started.

“Oh yeah, I have no schedule today, that’s why.”

“The others?”

“They will come on time. Don’t worry. Ermm, may I know your name and where are you from? You seemed familiar.”

“Ahh, my name is Erica and I’m from Malaysia. Maybe you find me familiar because I once been your translator on stage during EXOrDIUM in Malaysia.”

 “OHHH! That person was you?!”

“Yup, that’s me hahaha. But keep it a secret between us for the time being”

“Aaa… okay. Nice to meet you again. But wh-“, Kyungsoo was interrupted by noises coming outside the door, which is obviously those EXO members’ voices.

“You can ask later if you want,” you said. Kyungsoo just nodded and put on this clueless face on. Aishh my bias, you’re sure one of a kind; with multiple masks. But nonetheless, I still love you oppa! *fangirling*

EXO members come in along with Kenzie eonnie, who became much closer to me after the interview.

“You’re early Erica,” she stated.

“Yeah I was really nervous that I came here 2 hours earlier,” you chuckled. She looked at me with her mischievous smirk and knowing eyes.

Well you see, since I’m studying in Korea, I surely need to learn Korean, right? But these EXO oppas doesn’t know about me who can speak in Korean (except for Kyungsoo who knew just know that I was their translator), so Kenzie eonnie and I decided to pull up a prank yesterday. Interesting, right? I wonder what will they say about me in front of me *winks*

“Okay everyone, attention please! As you all know, you guys will be having a class where you can learn how to speak simple English with your fans during the concert and also improving your English pronunciation during recording and singing, because I really don’t have enough time to correct all of your pronunciations. Also, she doesn’t really know Korean, so be nice! Now I introduce you your teacher,” Kenzie eonnie started talking.

“Urmm hello EXO oppas, nice to meet you all! I am Erica but my Korean name is Bae Jae Hui. I’m from Malaysia and I’ll be with you, helping you guys with your English until you vomit,” I introduced myself slowly, earning chuckles from them.

“She’s cute and funny,” I heard Baekhyun said to Kai in Korean, earning himself a snigger. I tried not to smile and respond to his compliment since I don’t want to blow my cover quickly.

“If you guys have anything to ask about myself, don't be shy to ask. In English please,” I said, finishing with a dazzling smile.

“Your age?” I heard Kai, the dancing machine asked while looking at me with his puppy eyes.

“I’m 2 years younger than you, born in 96” I answer without any confusion because Korean like to ask about your age first before knowing each other.

“Do you.. have a boyfriend?” Baekhyun asked me with his flirty stare and smile, earning sniggers and groans from s. Goshh this flirty , the rumour was really true then.

“No I don’t Baekhyun OPPA,” I emphasised the word oppa, making him gape his mouth for a few second before clearing his throat.

“Damn, she called me oppa,” he whispered to himself but all of us still heard it. Xiumin just shook his head amused. I looked around to see if the others have any question when I saw Sehun sitting there with a bored expression plastered on his face. ‘Is he not interested in this class?’ I thought. But since he is famous for his I-don’t-care face, I just let him be. Maybe he needs time.

“If you guys don't have any question, today we will start with your pronunciation for your title track, Ko Ko Bop before your recording 3 days from now. Shall we start Erica?Kenzie eonnie startled me from my thought and I just nodded.

So, we first started hearing them sing this song first, and wow! Since this is my first time hearing this song, I was so excited because it is a song where you can’t help but to move your body! Especially me because I’m a dance major student (it’s still a secret from all of them *wink*).  Okay back to reality. Well, looking at the paper at my hand, this song doesn’t really have a word that would have their tongue twisted up.

“I don’t think you guys have any problem with this song. What do you think, Erica?” Kenzie eonnie asked me. I looked at her and looked back at the members, “Yeah me too”

Kenzie eonnie nodded and asked to proceed to ‘The Eve’. I looked at the lyrics and the first part is Kyungsoo’s! and there is only one short English there. The song played as I heard Kyungsoo sang and OH MY GOODNESS! His pronunciation at the ‘What’s the situation’ part is sooo good and I can’t help myself but to look at Kyungsoo and smiled at him.

We proceed to all other songs until we came to the song ‘Forever’. Chanyeol has a lot of English lyrics during his rap and a few on Sehun’s part. We fixed some of Chanyeol’s part first because the pronunciation was slightly off. Then we resume hearing Sehun’s part.

 

She get it all 그 년 이 밤에 celeb …..

 

“Wow! Perfect!”

Sehun lifted his head and looked at me. Then I realised that I just said it out loud made him stop rapping.

“Sorry. Please continue.” My cheek reddened.

Sehun lifted his eyebrow and continued his lines. Throughout the song, I just kept quiet because I think I fooled myself enough for my first day.

“Alright guys I think this is all for today. We’ll be seeing you guys in a few days. Remember to practice okay? Make EXO-L proud of you guys again. Fighting!” Kenzie eonnie said to them and all of them nodded.

 

 

 

 

A few days later…

 

I have been helping Kenzie eonnie with her songs production in her recording room with the door slightly opened when suddenly she said, “I still can’t stop smiling when I remembered your first day.”

“About what?”

“The one when you accidentally said perfect to Sehun’s pronunciation,” she smirked.

“Ahhh eonnie stop thinking about it! I’m still embarrassed about it. I can’t believe I did that kind of thing on my first day,” I raked my hair backwards in frustration.

“It’s okay Erica. Maybe that helped them be more relax in your class because some of them seemed a bit uncomfortable,” Kenzie eonnie stated. I twirled my chair to face her direction. The chair makes some noises.

“Really? Well, they might be because they didn’t know I can speak Korean, right?”

“Maybe. But seriously I hope they can be a bit more relax since they don’t really have enough time to relax.”

“Me too,” I said while twirling again.

“OH MY GOD. You scared me!” I literally jumped on my seat when I was twirling facing the door.

EXO members were at the door with their eyebrows furrowed together. “So Erica can speak Korean?” Suho asked me while looking at me and Kenzie eonnie back and forth.

“Well, the prank didn’t last long. Sorry Erica,” Kenzie eonnie patted my shoulder and ushered the members to come in and sit down.

“So…?” someone asked me.

“Urm.. yeah actually… I c-can talk in K-Korean but we just… urm… want to see if you guys would say something funny during our… first class, so I just talk in English. Sorry,” I bowed with my hands fiddling each other.

“Ahh. So that is the reason why you asked me to keep quiet?” I heard Kyungsoo said.

Everyone eyes were suddenly fixed to Kyungsoo and he blinked, a bit flustered. “Kyungsoo-ya, you know it already??” Chanyeol asked him. Kyungsoo looked back at me and nodded slightly.

“Yeah I do. I came early to her class and talked with her a bit. And I found her to be quiet familiar so yeah.. heh,” he scratched his head while smiling sheepishly.

“Familiar?” Xiumin suddenly asked.

“she’s our translator at the concert,” Sehun suddenly said. My eyes went wide. How did he- I looked at Kyungsoo and he looked at me back while shaking his head vigorously and mouthed ‘not me.’

“Not you too Sehun-ahh?” Baekhyun asked.

“No. I just found her face and voice quite familiar.” Sehun answered coolly while looking at me.

I cleared my throat and all eyes were on me. “Yes, I was your translator during EXOrDIUM concert in Malaysia,” I said with a small smile.

Realizations were shown on their faces after I said that. Suddenly someone clapped loudly and Kenzie eonnie said, “alright if you guys are done, shall we start with the recording?”

While they were waiting for their turn, I watched Sehun who is playing with his phone. ‘How did he remembered me but didn’t said anything during our first class,’ I thought. I continue to stare him for few minutes when he suddenly lifted his head and looked at me. I immediately turned around and felt his strong stare. I felt my ears went red and untied my hair to cover it, then started scribbling anything that came out from my brain.

I still feel his strong stare when suddenly Kenzie eonnie called him for his turn. At that time, I realised I have been holding my breath for a while. Thank God, I’m still alive. When Sehun entered the recording booth, I looked at him through the glasses that separated us and saw him already staring at me while wearing the headphone. I immediately looked down, feeling my heart skipped a beat and quickly walked out from the room.

I headed to the restroom really fast and stared at my own reflection in the mirror.

‘What is wrong with you, Erica? Why are you staring at him? Why are you feeling like this? He’s not your bias,’ I reminded myself. But I still can’t stop my heart from beating irregularly. I the water and splashed the water on my face.

‘But how on Earth can he remembered me when we only saw each other about 3 times only during that concert? The others didn’t even remember me until I told them,’ I thought again while wiping my face with tissues.

Suddenly my phone ringtone was heard and I took out my phone from my pocket.

“Hello?”

“Hye Ericaaaaa my big baby~”

It was my silly best friend calling.

“Yes pretty?” I smiled while throwing the tissues and went out from the restroom. I was chatting and laughing with my BFF in Chinese while walking back to the recording room when I bumped my head on someone when I was turning to the left. I pulled away from my phone to bow and apologise to the person. But when I looked up, it was Sehun! And I freeze on the spot.

He looked at me and I apologise while stuttering and walk a bit fast while continuing my conversation with my friend. I can feel his stare and I turned around and see that he is still there, watching me. I turned back to the front and walked away.

 

 

 

 

The next few days, Sehun kept looking at me and eventually, everyone started to notice his odd behaviour of not doing aegyos to his hyungs, but just remain quiet while looking at me. Baekhyun and Chanyeol kept teasing him but his face remains stoic.

 Today is the last day of their EXOrDIUM dot in Seoul and I was assigned to help with the person in charge of the ticket booth so that I can help English and Chinese-speaking fans. The ticket booth is already closed by the time the concert going to start, so I went to the backstage. There, I saw Kyungsoo and Jongin walking together and they saw me too.

“Fighting for your last concert!” I cheered them up while making a fighting pose. They thanked me and went to their coordinator for their last touch up. Suddenly I heard someone cleared their throat behind me and I turned quickly.

Right behind me, stood a 183cm guy named Oh Sehun and he looked so handsome that I might look like a squid when standing in front of him.

“Oh! Sorry if I’m blocking the way,” I apologised to him and tried to move away when he said in Chinese, “you’re not going to cheer for me too?”

I looked at him while blinking away my confusedness when I remembered that I cheered for Kyungsoo and Jongin just now.

“Good luck for your last concert!” I cheered for him a bit bashful while biting my lower lips. I don’t even know why am I like this with Sehun. He hummed and patted my head softly while walking away and said, “look forward to my part.”

‘OH MY GOD he just-,‘ my heart burst with joy with his cold demeanour yet being affectionate. But, look forward to his part? Emm… is he gonna do something different today?

The concert started without any problems and I was enjoying myself at the backstage when the acoustic stage came up. That was one of my favourite parts because my bias, Kyungsoo always forgot to give his mic to Chanyeol who was playing the guitar. After Chanyeol’s turn came Baekhyun’s but wait! That does not sound like Baekhyun’s voice. The camera changed and showed Sehun singing Baekhyun’s part and the fans went wild but all I can hear was Sehun’s singing.

 

 

너무 사랑하지만 사랑한다 (I love you a lot but I don’t say the words)

어색해 자존심 허락 (It’s awkward that pride doesn’t allow me)

 

 

‘Sehun just… sang…” I stood frozen in front of the monitor. I didn’t even realise they are singing another song right now because I was still processing the fact that Sehun sang.

‘But why would he take Baekhyun’s part? But those lyrics do suit him with his stoic face,’ I thought. ‘Is this what he was referring before the concert started?’

I was still frozen in front of the monitor when someone patted me on my shoulder. I turned to my right and saw Sehun.

“Aren’t y-you suppose t-to be o-on the stage right now?” I don’t know why was I stuttering.

“Did you saw it?”

“Saw what?”

“Me singing Baekhyun hyung’s part”

“I did”

“It was for you”

I gasped out loud and my eyes went wide like a saucer after hearing him. Did he just-

“Oh Sehun! Hurry up and change your outfit!” their manager shouted.

Sehun looked at me, his face showed slight emotion. Precisely, a worried expression. He opened his mouth to say something but their manager kept calling him so he patted my head and ran away.

I watched the rest of the concert with a confused mind, not being able to focus and enjoy, but kept staring at Sehun on the monitor. “What did he mean by ‘It was for me’?” I mumbled to myself.

When the concert ended, one of the coordinators asked me if I could help her removed some of the members’ makeup because the members are in a hurry so I agreed. But I didn’t know that I was supposed to remove Oh Sehun’s makeup.

I approached him and slowly took the cotton pad and makeup remover and turned to face him. He was looking at me with a soft look and closed his eyes. I started by removing his eye makeup quietly when he suddenly called my name softly.

“Yes?” I continue to remove his opposite eye’s makeup.

He stayed quiet until I finished removing his eye makeup and opened his eyes. “The lyrics were meant for you.”

He stared at me with unreadable eyes while my hand stopped moving and just stared at him, mouth slightly ajar, heart beating fast.

“Do you… perhaps not liking it, Erica?” he asked softly while playing with his own fingers.

“It’s n-not like that! I w-was just shocked. T-that all,” I resumed on removing the rest of his makeup.

“Done! I think I can go and help the rest now,” I said.

“Erica.”

I looked at him and blinked.

“Do you… wanna go and drink bubble tea with me tomorrow?”

 

 

 

 


 

Hello everyone! I'm back after 3 years of hiatus and I know my writing got a lot worse than before T.T I'm sorry if my writing couldn't deliver those fluffs to your hearts T.T

To clear up any confusion, Sehun was talking with OC in Chinese because he didn't want to hear him and hihi! And also because Sehun's Chinese is improving according to the Chinese fans (I can't speak Chinese btw but I can read some characters)I actually liked it a lot when Sehun sang Baekhyun's part during Sing For You because hearing him sang live was unforgettable! YES!! I went to their EXOrDIUM dot concert day 2! and screamed like crazy during that part! (and of course, we screamed almost every time ahahah). That was my first time watching EXO and the next week, I went to the Dream Concert and saw them again! Together with other artists!

Anyway, I hope you guys liked it and comment below! Please comment so that I can improve my writing skills T.T and thanks for reading guys!