The Maentel Buoy

You Only Live Once {INDEFINITE HIATUS}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun arrives at the airport and in just 2 hours reaches Barcelona. As he exits the airport, he sees Changmin waiting for him. They hug and then leave for the hotel they had booked. On their way to the hotel, they look at all the monuments and structures they were passing by. What caught Kyuhyun's attention was La Sagrada Familia church. He looked at Changmin as if asking him to stop by but Changmin shook his head in disapproval. Soon, they reached the hotel.

After an hour, Minho arrives at the airport. He too heads to the hotel they were supposed to meet. After a long ride, Minho reaches the hotel and sees his two friends in the waiting hall, a map of Spain in front of them.

"What is this dude? We'll be in Spain but not see the capital Madrid? So unfair!" Kyuhyun whined. Minho chuckled. Though Kyuhyun was really professional, when it came to traveling, Kyuhyun wasn't much bigger than a kid.

Changmin laughed "Where do we have the time? The places we chose are far from each other and it's going to consume the whole time we stay in Spain. We can't change it now." Changmin looks up to find Minho standing near them "Look who's here!" Changmin smiled brightly. He got up and hugged Minho "How was your flight?"

"Well, it flew." Minho joked. Kyuhyun glanced at him. Minho smiled a bit and Kyuhyun did the same, getting up. First he shook his hands with Minho then pulled him into a hug. But it looked really awkward. Changmin sighed seeing his other two friends behave so awkward with each other.

"Really good to see you." Minho started.

"You too. I'm sorry about uncle." Kyuhyun said.

"Hmm... I got your email."

"How's aunt?"

"She's okay. You know, it takes time to get over these things. Anyway, how are you?" Minho tried to change the topic.

"I'm good. Pretty good actually. I bought a new house." Kyuhyun said. Again about property and money? Minho questioned but smiled, not wanting to say it out.

"I can't believe we three are finally together!" Changmin said, trying to get his friends' attention.

"Okay, shall we sit?" Minho sits on a chair. Changmin and Kyuhyun do the same. They look at the map of Spain spread on the table.

Changmin takes a marker in his hand "So, here's the plan. First (circles a place on the map) we got to Costa Brava, which is my choice. Then, we go to (circles another spot on the map) Seville, which is Kyuhyun's choice and finally (marks the third circle on the map) Pamplona, which is your choice."

"Tomorrow, we'll leave for Costa Brava." Kyuhyun says, to which the other two agree.

~~~

Park Minwoo Barcelona - Minho typed it on the search engine. Changmin, who had just come out after changing his clothes asked "What are you doing on my laptop?"

"Searching for an address." Minho answers, still looking at the laptop screen.

Kyuhyun enters the room, with a bag in his hand "Hola, Minnie!" He walks towards the sofa on which Minho was sitting. Kyuhyun stops at the sofa and shows Changmin the bag "Here. Your treasure." He throws it at Changmin.

Changmin catches it and chuckles "Thanks, my friend." Kyuhyun rolls his eyes and grabs an apple from the table. 

Changmin takes out an orange handbag from the white bag. He frowns "Dude, what did you do with this?"

Kyuhyun glares at him "Man, first of all you should be thankful that I bought a € 12,000 handbag for you."

"What?!" Minho looks at Kyuhyun, dumbfounded. He turns to Changmin "Come here and show it to me."

Changmin sighs and walks towards the sofa. He hands the bag to Minho and sits beside him. Minho takes a look at the handbag "€12,000 for this stupid bag?"

"Even your salary isn't that much." Kyuhyun mocks Minho. Minho glares at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun takes a bite from his apple and sees Minho glaring at him. He asks innocently "What?"

Minho just sighs. Changmin continues "Victoria loves these bags. Especially when they belong to Louis Vuitton."

"And I love cars, Changmin. Always remember, if you ever want to gift me an expensive car, don't hesitate."

Changmin puts his arm around Minho "I won't." He looks at Kyuhyun "Let's go."

Kyuhyun shakes his head "I can't. I've got to do some important calls. So, see you guys later?" Kyuhyun walks away blabbering something in Spainsh.

Minho looks at Changmin "And I thought we were on vacation."

"Same here."

~~~

"How far is this gallery of yours? Is this your way of making me roam Barcelona on foot?" Changmin whines. They have been walking around for more than an hour, roaming in the streets of Barcelona.

Minho pushes him "It's nearby. Stop whining already." They take another turn. Changmin points at a building "There is that gallery! Come on." Changmin rushes in. Minho stands out and looks at the door. Changmin looks at Minho and pesters him to come inside.

They start seeing the paintings. Changmin reads out the name "Oh Minwoo. The name is Korean but looks like he is settled here. The painting is nice, isn't it?" Changmin continues walking. Minho looks at the painting and sighs before moving on.

~~~

"Gracias, dos croquetas y tres tortillas (Thanks, two croquettes and three tortillas.)" Kyuhyun orders and takes three beers with him to their table. He takes a seat.

"You should have come dude. You have no idea the places we went just to find his gallery. But seriously, the city is really beautiful." Changmin said.

"And I earned €2000 just with some deals. Excuse me if I don't complain. Cheers." They clink their bottles, Minho having a bored expression and Changmin with appreciation. Changmin turns to Minho and smiles, making Minho smile back, nodding his head which goes unseen by Kyuhyun.

Changmin turns to Kyuhyun "Dude, I heard something about you."

Kyuhyun places his beer down "What?"

"You know what."

Kyuhyun eyes them "Did mom tell you?" Changmin looks at him an nods slightly. Kyuhyun sighs "But she might have not told you that I was forced. Okay?" Minho and Changmin just nod. Kyuhyun takes another sip from his beer and places it hard on the table "She can't keep anything in her stomach! She's driving me crazy. Ten days ago, she came to London and took me to some relatives house for a blind date. Junghee aunt and Sangchul uncle's daughter, Amber. I told my mom that I wasn't interested in women then she said about her twin brother Donghae who was also like me. I thought I would go, meet him then say that I didn't like him and say no to the marriage. But as soon as that Donghae came out, he saw me and refused immediately, telling that I was nowhere near someone named Eunhyuk. So, you know..." Kyuhyun bit the inside of his cheeks but tried to act cool "So what? I don't care..."

Minho and Changmin look at each other and then burst out laughing, earning a look from Kyuhyun "What?"

Changmin who was still laughing asked "So you mean to say that you went for an arranged marriage meeting and were rejected immediately?" Minho laughed out really loud.

"I didn't even create an impression! There was nothing to reject." Kyuhyun tried give excuses but Minho started teasing him. Tired with all the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter