Final

Crayons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Myeonie-hyung, look, I drawded flowers!” Luhan exclaimed with his adorable Chinese accent as he ran up to the younger boy. Joonmyun chuckled and looked at the piece of paper which the Chinese boy held up in front of his face.

 

“I’m not hyung, Lulu is hyung. Lulu is older! Pretty flowers!” he smiled brightly and took the drawing into his hands to take a closer look. Luhan nodded proudly, accompanied by a slight pout because he needed to be corrected again.

 

“Mommy has new draw pens for Lulu! They pretty! You want to see?” Joonmyeon chuckled again and nodded, before being pulled along by a very excited Luhan. They almost ran two of their youngest friends over as they rushed to the small table on the other side of the play room of the kindergarten.

 

“Luhan, Joonmyeon, what did I tell you two about running? Apologize to Sehun and Jongin, boys,” the kindergarten teacher scolded them. The boys hung their heads and walked over to the maknaes with slumped shoulders. Joonmyeon extended his hand for Sehun to grab and Luhan patted Jongin’s head apologetically.

 

“Lulu sorry, Jonginnie,” Luhan mumbled and gave Sehun only a small bow of his head. Jongin pouted and spread his arms wide, wanting an apology hug from the older boy, which he received immediately. “Jonginnie cute!”

 

“Sorry, Sehunnie! Are you angry?” Sehun had a gloomy expression on his face but shook his head, shaking Joonmyeon’s hand. He was pouting slightly, wanting attention from the Chinese boy as well. Seeing, that he wouldn’t get it, he spread his arms to get a hug from Joonmyun again. The older boy chuckled and obeyed, embracing the rather tall boy.

 

“Cute maknae!” he exclaimed and broke the hug to tug on Luhan’s shirt, wanting to remind the boy to show him his new crayons.

 

“Oh, Lulu forget!” the boy gasped and took Joonmyeon’s hand again to pull him along, this time slower so not to get in trouble. They reached the small table that was laid out with pieces of paper and a lot of pretty colored crayons. The slightly younger boy gasped with wide eyes and reached for one of the crayons, but got interrupted by Luhan grabbing his wrist.

 

“Not touch! Lulu’s draw pens! Just look!” he scolds the other, Joonmyeon’s expression saddening immediately. Luhan pouted but stayed stubborn and did not let the other touch his crayons.

 

“Lulu play with Myeonie plushies and Myeonie draw with Lulu crayons!” Joonmyeon suggested and watched Luhan’s eyes light up in excitement. Joonmyeon owned a lot of plush animals and Luhan was very envious, so this was actually a deal he could agree to.

 

“Okay! Plushies first, then Myeonie draw pens,” Luhan agrees with a bright smile. Joonmyeon nods, smiling as wide and rushed off to get his plushies from his backpack, not noticing that Sehun kind of glared at him in jealousy. Jongin poked him, wanting more attention again and so Sehun puffed his cheeks and continued to play with his friend.

 

A few seconds later, Joonmyeon came shuffling back with a bunch of plushies in his arms which he presented to his friend. Luhan let out an adorable squeal and immediately took the plushies to hug them to his chest all at once. Sehun, who was watching from his spot and ignoring Jongin’s whining, glared at the younger boy.

 

“Soft! Myeonie draw pens!” Luhan exclaimed happily and pointed on his crayons on the small table. A plush tiger fell down from his arms and made the boy gasp. Quickly, he squatted down and took the tiger back into his arms, giving it a kiss on his head. “Lulu sorry, Mr. Tiger!”

 

“Oh! Lulu knowed name!” Joonmyeon blinked impressed as he sat at the table. Luhan faced the younger and nodded proudly, his grin widening.

 

“Lulu superpower!” Joonmyeon formed an ‘o’ with his mouth and widened his eyes as Luhan said that. Then he nodded and turned his attention to the many pieces of paper spread over the table. While Luhan sat down on the floor to play with the plushies, he tried to find a blank piece to start drawing something pretty with Luhan’s new crayons.

 

 

“Sehunnie! Play!” Jongin waddled over to Sehun, as the other had taken a few clumsy steps away from him, tugging on his shirt with his lower lip jutted out into a whiny expression. He looked like he was about to cry, being used to the usually constant attention from his slightly younger playmate.

 

“No! Jongin pabo! Lulu better!” Sehun yelled and ran over in Luhan’s direction, wanting to play with him instead. The kindergarten teacher looked into his direction and was about to scold him for the bad word and the raised voice as their second youngest protege started to wail loudly. She rushed over to him and hugged him tight, rubbing his back and humming in attempt to calm the boy down, before she would take care of Sehun.

 

The other kids became uncomfortable seeing Jongin cry and some others started to cry too, a mess about to start as the other kindergarten teacher stepped in to try and get the situation under control again.

 

“Lulu! Sehunnie drawded you!” Sehun ignored the mess around him and hurried over to Luhan and Joonmyeon. He snatched the crayon from Joonmyeon, which the older was holding, and a piece of paper and started to draw something that rather looked like hangman instead of Luhan, but with attempted deer antlers. Joonmyeon puffed out his cheeks and crossed his arms, about to scold Sehun for his inappropriate behavior, but the younger already turned around to show Luhan his masterpiece. In the process, some of the crayons fell down and Sehun accidentally stepped on them without noticing.

 

Luhan had no time to react to the drawing, he was too busy looking at his crayons, which were smashed below Sehun’s feet, with horror. Tears immediately pooled up in his eyes and his lips started to quiver as he tried hard not to cry because he was a big boy.

 

“For Lulu!” Sehun beamed, not noticing what he just did. Only when he spotted the small tears, which were sliding down Luhan’s face, did he look down and bit his lips. He stepped aside and slowly picked up the broken crayons to try and repair them, but they fell apart again.

 

“I hate you, Sehun-ah!” Luhan glared at the younger boy and sought comfort in Joonmyeon’s arms.

 

Sehun was about to open his mouth to try to apologize to his precious Luhan as one of the kindergarten teachers stepped up to him and only pointed her finger to the bad corner. Sehun looked up at her with trembling lips, then looked at the crying Luhan, but eventually thought it would be better to do as he was told.

 

He hung his head and made his way to the so-called bad corner. He wanted to face the direction of Luhan and Joonmyeon but quickly turned his back to them as the kindergarten teacher gave him ‘the look’. Sulking, he started to play with his fingers and tried to think about how to make his Luhan happy again.

 

While the young boy was thinking hard, Luhan and Joonmyeon took care of the broken crayons and tried to rescue what could be rescued. Except for three crayons, the rest were broken and Luhan couldn't stop crying.

 

Joonmyeon couldn’t stand to see his friend cry and so he rushed to get duct tape. He presented it to the older boy with a bright smile, though only received a confused look. With a slight laugh, he took one of the crayons which fortunately, was only broken into two pieces and clumsily put them together again, the tape holding the two pieces as one.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter