...

Not Like the Others (Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bonus 3

 

All higher executives of ByunSang Communications were present in the fundraising party. That included Baekhyun, alongside the President, Vice-presidents, and a few managers. Several of the executives of companies that used their marketing and PR services had attended the party as well, and as the manager of the marketing department, it was Baekhyun’s duty to greet them.

It was a formal event, and many omegas were accompanying their alpha and beta mates. Baekhyun was the only omega in the hall who had been invited directly, his alpha being his plus one, instead of the other way around.

The high-class omegas displayed their best behavior to impress their mate’s friends and colleagues, bowing their heads in submission, giving shy smiles and staying a step behind their mates, keeping their glasses full, and speaking and laughing quietly when they interacted with each other. And, of course, looking as stunning as possible.

This was why Baekhyun didn’t want to bring Chanyeol to the party.

Either he accompanied Chanyeol, like he was supposed to, or he socialized with his company’s clients, which he was also supposed to do.

Not to mention, no one here knew his mate. Was he supposed to introduce him? He wondered, fidgeting with his hair, which he had spent an hour doing. Baekhyun didn’t want to pretend he wasn’t an omega, and he wasn’t embarrassed of being claimed (in fact, the sheer material of the neck area of his black shirt showed his bite mark quiet well), but these situations were stressful.  

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol said, pulling his hand. “Stop that. Just tell me who to greet and I’ll introduce myself.”

“Okay, let’s go there first...” Baekhyun signaled discreetly with his head. “There’s my dad, the alpha he’s talking to is Moon Jaewoon, he’s from CL’s, and the beta is his assistant. And there comes his mate.”

The alpha nodded and led him to the group. “Good evening, Mr. Byun,” he said.

Mr. Byun gave them a warm smile. “Chanyeol! So good to see you, son. Hello, Baekhyun.”

The other alpha, Mr. Moon, stood there visibly confused. He already knew Baekhyun enough to address him directly, but ignoring the alpha, who he had never met, seemed extremely rude. He looked at Baekhyun, who was holding his mate’s arm and avoiding his eyes, and then at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol quickly saved the situation. “Mr. Moon, I’m Park Chanyeol, Baekhyun’s mate. He tells me you’ve worked together before,” he said with a charming smile.

The alphas shook hands. “Indeed, he really is a hard worker. It’s very nice to meet you, Chanyeol. This is my omega, Naeun.” The girl bowed his head to him, a polite smile on her lips.

“It’s a pleasure,” Chanyeol said. “Naeun, your alpha already knows him, but this is my mate, Baekhyun.”

“Hello,” Baekhyun greeted her with a bow.

“What do you do for a living?” Mr. Moon asked Chanyeol.

“I’m a freelancer.”

“Really? Where are you working right now?”

“I work from home and stay at home with our son.”

Chanyeol’s answer was met with shocked silence. Mr. Moon didn’t know what to say. “...Ah.” he stopped like he was expecting to hear it was just a joke. “That’s... uh... Nice!” he said with an awkward laugh, and changed the topic immediately.  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter