Part 2

His existence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinri pulled away from Sehun with disbelief written on her face.

"Are you kidding me?"

"No, this isn't a joke!"

Jinri's face fell slowly as she lets the news of her best friend being engaged sunk in, "Sehun... This is... I don't know what to say... Do you love the girl?"

"No, but she is nice and kind-hearted girl."

Jinri felt anger building in her, "You should only marry her if you love her! I want you to be happy! You can't just force yourself to marry her without the foundation of love!"

"Then can I marry you?"

Sehun rubbed her hands with his, "Jinri, I knew this arranged marriage is gonna happen sooner or later. Love can be built after marriage."

"I am sorry that I lied Jinri. I can't love anyone else beside you."

"This isn't fair," Jinri pouted, "You deserve a girl who love you as much as you love her!"

"Come on, let's not talk about it," Sehun nudged her.

"What's her name?" Jinri continued to ask.

"Jinri..." 

Sehun sighed, he knew Jinri will not budge and drop this topic if he doesn't reveal to her.

"Her name is Minhee, and if you want to see her, she will be transferring to our school on Monday."

Jinri gasped, "No way!"

"Unfortunately, yes."

 

Jinri finally met Sehun's fiancee. She was pretty and nice, and she didn't really mind the fact that Sehun has a girl best friend. She was sort of glad that Sehun is being engaged to a really kind-hearted girl because she didn't want Sehun to suffer for the rest of his life with an annoying or spoilt brat. 

She could tell that Minhee has feelings for Sehun because she is always behaving shyly around him, but Jinri knew how dense her best friend when comes to relationship, so she decided to help them, along with Jongin. 

 

"Shall we go on a double date this weekend?" Jinri suggested.

Minhee and Sehun looked at her, while Jongin nodded willingly at his girlfriend's suggestion.

"Yah, exams are coming," Sehun retorted.

Jinri clicked her tongue, "Exams are still weeks away! It's just a day out! It won't harm! What do you think?" She glanced at Sehun, then shifted her gaze to Minhee.

"Do you want to go?" Sehun asked his fiancee.

Minhee nodded, "Alright."

Jinri clapped and cheered internally at her plans. One step towards success.

 

"Sehun, what do you think of Minhee?"

Sehun paused his steps, while he held onto his ice cream, "What are you trying to ask?"

Jinri chuckled, "You can't tell that she likes you??" She the ice cream that is melting fast under the hot weather, "Boys are so dense."

"How do you know?" Sehun pushed Jinri's head with his index finger.

Rolling her eyes, she gave Sehun a light punch on his arm, "I am a girl. 6th sense!"

"Nonsense."

"You are just too blind to see it!"

"Aren't you blind too?" Seun murmured under his breath,

Jinri charged and stood right in front of Sehun, blocking his way, "Answer me! Do you like Minhee?? You two are really cute together! I would totally ship you and Minhee!"

Sehun twitched his lips and walked away from Jinri, "I feel nothing yet."

"Oh Sehun! Minhee is such a nice girl! Why don't you like her?"

"You can't force such things..."

"Take this weekend date a chance to speed up your process! You might just fall in love with her!"

The brows on Sehun's face knitted, "Wait," he held up his palm, "So your weekend date is sort of like matchmaking me and Minhee?"

"Yup! Because you are too slow in realising your feelings. I am helping you!"

"I don't need your help!" Sehun snapped, causing Jinri's eyes to widen. 

"W-What's wrong with you? I just hope that Minhee and you can be official, at least before marriage..."

Sehun trapped Jinri in between his arms, and Jinri's back touched the brick wall, "You don't decide what's best for me. I dictate my own life."

"Sehun..."

"You say I am dense. You say I can't sort my feelings. You say I am blind towards relationship. Then what about you? Have you not realised I have been in love with you since we were kids?"

Sehun finally let out the secret that he buried deep down, and as his expectation, Jinri was in utter shock. He didn't want to tell her because his love to be a burden, especially when Jinri already has a boyfriend, and most importantly, he didn't want to ruin their friendship. But seeing how enthusiastic Jinri was in pairing him and the fiancee whom he doesn't love, he couldn't hold it in anymore. 

"Sehun..."

Sehun placed his finger on her lips, "Listen, I know you don't love me the way like I do. I get it, you don't have to feel pressured by it. I am used to it. I just don't want you to interfere my business with Minhee. Understood?"

Jinri nodded, with bulging eyes.

He let out a sigh, before retrieving his finger back from her lips, "The double date is still on. I will make sure I get rid of my feelings for you as soon as possible and move on with life, probably with Minhee." He let down his arms and Jinri felt as if she could breathe again.

"Let's go home..."

Sehun turned around and continued the journey home dejectedly. 

 

The next few days, Sehun avoided Jinri at all cost. Even though Jinri didn't like his cold treatment, she guessed it would be awkward for them to talk after his confession. Sehun spent his time with his fiancee more frequently, which made Jinri's heart crushed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter