Final

Hot Chocolate

  Hot chocolate. 
  That was Sungjong's first love, and he was madly in love. Like, drink it three times a day kind of madly in love. 
  His friends called it an addiction whenever he started his third cup of the day, but he always rolled his eyes and took a ridiculously large sip just to piss them off. It was his 'like meter', if he said he loved it, he loved it. 
  What, you may ask, happens when Sungjong doesn't get at least three cups of hot chocolate a day? Well, he goes on a freakishly whiny rampage and starts blaming everybody he can think of. His brother, his cousin, his friends, and even the sizzling hot barista at the counter. 
  Wait, what?
  
  "Hot chocolate...!" Sungjong whined, forehead on the table as he whimpered, pouting. He felt a poke on his cheek and sat up, growling at Woohyun as he snickered. 
  "Oh my god, you're such a wimp without hot chocolate. We should deprive you of it more." He teased. Sungjong had half the mind to sass at the older boy and give him the middle finger, but found himself unable to grasp the energy to do it. 
  That was how much hot chocolate kept him alive. Without it, he was an empty shell of himself. A total ghost without his hot, warm beverage that-
  With a start, Sungjong snapped his head up, hand coming up to point at the barista that had informed him that they had the audacity not to sell hot chocolate in a café. 
  "This is all his fault!" Sungjong exclaimed, not letting his friends' dubious looks get to him. Nodding to himself, he repeated the words to himself. 
  "Sungjong, I don't think the poor guy did anything wrong to deserve such an accusation." Sungyeol said, pointing a fork towards him. Sungjong's eye twitched, and Hoya hurried to cover Sungyeol's mouth to stop anymore damage from being done. 
  There were three different types of Sungjong. Sungjong when he was on hot chocolate, which was what kept him sane most of the time and easy going. The second was whiny, childish Sungjong when he haven't had his hot chocolate. The third one was the very, very angry and insensible Sungjong that comes about from extreme hot chocolate deprivation. 
  And that's where we are headed. 
  "Of course it's his fault! He's like a devil sent from hell! Did you even see his face when he told me that they didn't serve hot chocolate? That guy is a total douchebag!" Sungjong exclaimed. Woohyun rubbed his face, sighing. 
  "The guy didn't have anything wrong with his face when he told you that. Now, calm down and-"
  "No!" Sungjong cut him off, standing up. Hoya and Woohyun both shot a pointed look at Sungyeol, who had triggered this reaction, "I'm going to go talk to him!" Hoya thanked whoever was listening that the café had only them and a few others, meaning that Sungjong wouldn't be embarrassed too much. 
  Stalking, he made his way towards the counter and banged his hands on the table, startling the seemingly half-asleep guy. 
  "You, tell me what kind of café this is if it doesn't sell hot chocolate?!" He asked. Although it was a question that should've been asked the moment the guy told it to him, Sungjong had almost fainted from the news, seemingly too shocked to refute. It's exactly because the question was so out of place that the guy blinked at him, confused. 
  "Huh?" He mumbled, standing up from his seat and stretching leisurely. Sungjong's mouth twitch. Here he was, demanding to know why there was no hot chocolate in this place and this guy was stretching? Seemingly uncaring towards his obviously deprived soul? Oh hell no. 
  "Do you have an awfully shot memory or something? Just awhile ago I ordered a hot chocolate and you told me this place didn't sell it. Now, I'm asking you what kind of café this is if such a holy beverage doesn't exist here!" He growled. The guy blinked, realisation dawning onto his face. 
  "It's not my café sir, so I apologise that I can't answer that." He said. Sungjong took a deep breath, trying his hardest not to reach over and strangle the guy. He wanted hot chocolate, and he needed it now. 
  "Well, do you have at least an idea on how to make it then?" He asked, suddenly overwhelmed with exhaustion as he leaned against the counter, rubbing his temples. The guy blinked again, before standing straighter. 
  "Of course I do, I'm a barista after all." At this, Sungjong looked up, eyes hopeful. He reached across and grabbed both of the guy's hands, pulling it towards his chest. 
  "Please make it for me, I'm begging you! I'm like, dying here. You don't understand how important hot chocolate is to me. I will pay any amount you ask for, please-" He was cut off by a finger on his lips as the -he now realised- extremely hot barista chuckled. 
  "Alright, I will make it for you. And don't worry, it's on the house. If you would take a seat I shall have it ready soon." He said. Sungjong couldn't help the goofy smile that spread across his face as he walked back towards his seat and settled down, grinning at his three friends who were gaping at him. 
  "You never fail to amaze me." Hoya mumbled as he bit into his cake. Sungjong giggled as he tapped his feet lightly on the floor, suddenly in a much better mood than before. 
  "I'm going to get my hot chocolate, I'm going to get my hot chocolate, I'm going to get- ITS HERE!" He yelled excitedly, stupid smile still on his face as the guy served him. Without hesitance, he brought the cup to his mouth and almost dropped it when the liquid burned his tongue. His face contorted for a while, before he brought it -gently this time- back to his mouth and took a sip of it. 
  Eyes widening, he swerved to look at the still rather blur looking boy as he smiles innocently. 
  Sungjong would be damned if it wasn't the best hot chocolate he had ever tasted. 

  There was something different. Very different.  
  Nothing much had changed, honestly speaking. Sungjong still loved hot chocolate, couldn't go without three cups, being his normal self. So what was so abnormal about his perfectly normal life?
  Sungjong hummed as he drummed his fingers excitedly on the table, waiting for the hot chocolate that the guy - who he now knows as Myungsoo-sshi - would bring. 
  Ever since that cup of very magical hot chocolate that day, Sungjong came to the café no less than seven days a week, until the point that the owner of the café finally -though unofficially and only known to Sungjong- added 'Hot Chocolát' to the menu so that he could earn some profit off Sungjong's excessive craving for the beverage. 
  "Here you go," Myungsoo said as he placed the drink on Sungjong's table, shaking his head as the younger drank it quickly. Myungsoo had lowered the temperature after the fourth time Sungjong burnt himself, and was honestly amused by the situation as a whole. 
  "I will never understand you and your 'first love'" he said, making quotation marks sloppily in the air. Sungjong side glanced him, scrunching his nose. 
  "I'm so sorry that you don't. But actually, it's better you don't, so I can experience this love all to myself. Oh, the joy of having my first love all to myself!" He sing-songed, taking another sip and smiling as the steam rose infront of his eyes. 
  As Myungsoo walked away, Sungjong found his eyes following the older boy's body. There it was again, this curiosity and inability to tear his eyes off the older boy, to the point that it overcame his urge for amazing hot chocolate. 
  It had never once happened before. Since he could ever remember, hot chocolate always came first in his life. To have that place taken by someone he barely knew felt off to Sungjong, though not wrong. 
  Sungjong found himself admiring the way Myungsoo made orders, swirling his hands with a frown of concentration on his face. His body moved fluidly as if to a silent orchestra that only he could hear the beat of. 
  Sungjong's eyes traced Myungsoo's jaw, his nose and those beautiful eyes that were always clouded with sleep. 
  Sungjong shook his head, picking the cup up and drinking the hot chocolate, smiling once more. 
  It was weird, but he was sure his abnormality would wear off after a while. 
 
  Did I say it would wear off? Well, I take that back. 
  Sungjong was appalled at himself. Never once has his mind been so distracted when hot chocolate was right in front of his fabulous face. 
  He continued watching Myungsoo, small smile playing on his lips when he saw the older almost trip. He had to admit, he was very cut-
  -earth to Sungjong!" He startled out of his daze and turned to his friends, who all wore confused and concerned expressions at his lack of passion for the hot chocolate in front of him. 
  "Are you alright? By now you would've normally finished your second cup, but now you're just starting it." Woohyun asked, reaching a hand up to feel Sungjong's forehead. The latter sighed and poked the hand away, shaking his head. 
  "It's nothing."
  Sungjong never did have a third cup of hot chocolate from that day onwards. 

  It was becoming too much. Over the weeks, Sungjong's stomach just seemed to like hot chocolate less and less, whilst his heart told him that something was missing; either than the drink of course. 
  He stopped outside the café, feet having brought him there on his body's own accord. He glanced at the sign, still trying to wrap his head around the disappearance of his overwhelming appetite for hot chocolate. 
  Yet, despite it being gone, Sungjong was still overcome by the need to enter the shop everyday. As if one day without would be the end of the world. 
  The thing is, Sungjong didn't even know why he still felt the need to go to the café. He had absolute no reason to go in there now. And yet...
  Sungjong pushed the door open, sending a small at Myungsoo as the latter waved upon seeing him. 
  Yes, maybe it's because Sungjong found something to replace his love for hot chocolate. Maybe, just maybe...
  He had come to love Myungsoo. 

  Did I say maybe? Cancel the maybe and put in a 'madly in love' and you shall have a summary of Sungjong's current predicament. 
  Yes, Sungjong had accepted his fate and the fact that his love for hot chocolate had been replaced by his love for Myungsoo, whom he had grown close to. 
  But Sungjong was not happy. Not in the least. At least, when he had loved hot chocolate, he could have it any time he want. Myungsoo, however, was a different matter. 
  Despite his out of it personality, he had this charm about him that seemed to attract more girls than Sungjong taught possible. Not that the older boy noticed anyway, he was too busy trying not to trip over his feet to notice the girls attempting to flirt with him. 
  But Sungjong did, and he would be lying if he said he didn't feel the urge to slap them to the moon. 
  Right now, that was the urge Sungjong was trying to control as he glared over at the counter where another one had come to try and lay hands on properties that didn't belong to them. He took a sip of hot chocolate, feeling his heart being comforted a little by his first love. 
  "Just tell him already." Sungyeol said, and Sungjong glared at him as he quickly placed a finger on his lips. The last thing he needed was for Myungsoo to actually find out he liked him. Sungyeol rolled his eyes. 
  "Oh, come on. You've been moping about the past few days whenever some girl or woman comes up and tries to kill your 'Hot Chocolate Prince'. Just man up and tell him!" 
  Sungjong blushed slightly at the name, having blurted it out when he was half asleep. He let his gaze drift back towards Myungsoo, who was smiling innocently at the still flirting girl, probably not seeing anything wrong with the way her hand laid against his chest. Sungjong clenched his fist. 
  Yes, maybe he needed man up. 

  Man up? Please, Lee Sungjong was a wimp. 
  He stood outside the café, confession on the tip of his tongue and hand on the door. Yet, he couldn't bring himself to push it open. Scenarios flashed through his mind on how he was going to confess. 
  Should he do if loudly, or very shyly like in the movies? He was just about to forget about it and leave when the café door opened, and he was greeted by the man that haunted his thoughts 24/7. 
  "M-Myungsoo- Hyung..." He trailed off, trying not to let his thoughts from earlier about confessing and going on a honeymoon get to hit brain. 
  "You were taking too long to come in so I came to get you. Did your fingers freeze?" Myungsoo asked as they both walked towards the counter, though there was no bite in his voice, only a teasing lilt. Sungjong rolled his eyes, taking a seat at his usual seat and placing his hand on his chin. 
  "Oh please, I simply have an exam tomorrow and was debating if coming for your hot chocolate was actually worthwhile." He snapped. He watched as Myungsoo eyed him, before bowing mockingly. 
  "I apologise sir, but I cannot help how amazing my hot chocolate tastes to make you even consider opting out on revision," he droned, helping and laughing when Sungjong reached out to hit him, dodging easily. 
  "Okay okay, how about I go make some of that hot chocolate?" Myungsoo asked as he went behind the counter and started working his magic. 
  But there was something different. 
  Sungjong noticed a change in his usual movements and tilted his head, blinking. When ths hot chocolate was finally presented to him, he felt his cheeks warm up and spluttered. 
  "W-what is this?!" He asked as he pointed at the heart shaped hot chocolate art, gaping. Was this a confession of sorts? Did this mean that their relationship could go beyond platonic-
  "Hot chocolate is your love, no? I drew I thinking of your love for it." Myungsoo explained. Sungjong stopped, suddenly feeling embarrassed at his outburst. When Myungsoo turned around at the call of a customer, he slapped his cheeks lightly. 
  Myungsoo only saw him as a friend. He was only a friend, only a friend...

  The hot chocolate art just kept coming after that. Myungsoo had drawn a star, an arrow through a heart, a beautifully done rose and two hearts linked together. 
  All times, Myungsoo had given him almost the same reason, making Sungjong feel like he was losing control of his mind every time it assumed something beyond friendship. 
  By the third day, Sungjong could say he was mentally exhausted. He entered the café expecting to be greeted with the same heart flipping smile. Instead, he was faced with a strained and seemingly forced smile as Myungsoo waved awkwardly at him. 
  Sungjong narrowed his eyes, but chose to ignore it. 
  "Hey Hyung, how's life." He asked jokingly, pouting internally when Myungsoo didn't laugh. Myungsoo always laughed when he joked around. "Are you okay?" 
  Myungsoo seemed to startle out of a trance at this sentence as he fumbled, nodding his head. 
  "Yup, everything is alright! J-just take a seat and I will serve you your hot chocolate soon!" Sungjong tilted his head as the older banged into a few tables along his way back to the counter. Sungjong shrugged, thinking that Myungsoo was maybe a little more out of it than normal. 
  That was until Sungjong was served his hot chocolate, to be greeted with art in the form of a mail with a heart in the middle. Confused, he turned to the uncomfortable looking Myungsoo. 
  "So, what's the story behind this one?" He asked. Myungsoo stayed silent for a few moments and Sungjong was seriously starting to get worried, until Myungsoo opened his mouth and blurted out the words that confirmed that Myungsoo was indeed very, very out of it. 
  "It's my confession to you."
*SILENCE*
  "Huh?" Sungjong asked dumbly, mind not being able to wrap itself around the words that were just spoken. He had a vague idea what the words meant, but Myungsoo couldn't possibly mean that, right?
  Myungsoo took a deep breath and stood up straighter, a determined glance in his eyes. 
  "It is my confession to you. Lee Sungjong, I am very madly in love with you and I am asking you out." He said, voice wavering a little when Sungjong's poker face remained. 
  Sungjong slowly got out of his chair, walking towards him to place a hand on his forehead. 
  "Are you having a fever?" Sungjong asked, frowning. Myungsoo pursed his lips. 
  "I'm totally sane, thank you very much. Now, could you please answer about whether you would be willing to become my boyfriend?" He asked calmly, though inside he was a nervous wreck. At this, Sungjong seemed to snap out of it and realise that yes, yes, Myungsoo was actually asking him out. It would be disastrous if he did. 
  "O-of course-! Wait, where did this even come from anyway?" He asked, blinking when Myungsoo facepalmed himself. Did he say something stupid?
  "You really didn't notice? I was bein so obvious too!" Myungsoo exclaimed with an exasperated tone. Sungjong tilted his head, blinking. 
  "No...?" He answered back, and he swore he saw Myungsoo internally facepalmed. 
  "All those hot chocolate arts! How did you not-"
  "Hold up! You told me those were to express my love for hot chocolate!" Sungjong flustered. 
  "And you actually believed that?!" Myungsoo asked, looking thoroughly shocked. Sungjong blushed, wringing his hands together. 
  "I... Might have?" He laughed awkwardly, and Myungsoo sighed. He was gestured to sit down and Sungjong realised for the first time that the café was empty. Probably Myungsoo's doing so that he could confess without embarrassing himself if Sungjong rejected him. Not like that would ever happen. 
  "Okay so, I have done for you a heart, a star, an arrow through a heart, a beautifully done rose and two hearts linked together. I was trying to form a story with it. Basically," Myungsoo started, taking a notepad and a pen out and began drawing on the book, each drawing looking exactly like the art that had been designed on the hot chocolate.
  "When I first met you, I was so frightened I thought that my heart would leap out of my chest because you just slammed your hands on the table like some burglar. That's what the heart represents. Over time though, as I got to know you better, you came to represent a star. You were so beautiful and at the same time you seemed so out of reach from me because we were still using formal honorifics. But as we got closer, you came to resemble a rose that I could just reach out to touch but didn't want to because I was afraid I would stain the beauty that made you glow. And then, I kind of interpreted some of the things you did and came to the conclusion that maybe, just maybe, you liked me too and that you would come to like me. That's the linked heart. And finally, here I am with a letter heart art in an attempt to confess to you which apparently didn't go very well because you didn't believe me but I guess it's fine since you admitted so loudly that you would want to be my boyfriend." Myungsoo ended cheekily, throwing a smile at Sungjong. 
  The latter blushed, staring at the art before picking up the cup, taking a small sip. He smiled as the taste exploded in his mouth. There it was, the feeling that used to fill him whenever he drank hot chocolate. The love for it was back. 
  "You know, my hot chocolate is amazing and all but I would love it if you would give me a straight out answer, just to make it official." Myungsoo teased. Sungjong rolled his eyes, placing the cup down and locking hands with Myungsoo, smiling. 
  "Yes, I will be your boyfriend." Myungsoo's face lit up and he leaned in to kiss Sungjong, not expecting for his lips to meet Sungjong's hand instead. He opened his eyes, shocked to see Sungjong casually sipping his hot coffee. 
  "Sorry Myungsoo, your hot chocolate is so good it comes before kissing you."
  "Hey!"

A/N: HAHAH HOW WAS THIS. FLUFFY ENOUGH? AMAZING ENOUGH? WAS IT EVEN AMAZING?! COMMENT DOWN BELOWWWWW! One of the longest one shots I've written HOPE YOU ENJOYED