4 months later

Regrets

4 months later.

 

Jongdae and Minseok were sitting at their dining table, eating their usual dinner.

The supper went in silence, however an hesitant Minseok shattered the quietness with a soft breath.

"Jongdae."

"Hm?" He slowly munched down at the asparagus.

"I have something I have been meaning to talk to you about..."

"What is it?"

Minseok gulped a few sips of water and rubbed his hands with a heavy sigh.

"I...I have passed the audition."

Jongdae's hands threw the fork and knife onto the plate itself with a clink and clank.

His eyes shot open and words were twisting inside of him.

"Re-really?!"

"Yes."

Jongdae got up from his seat and back hugged Minseok.

"I'm proud of you Hyung."

"And they have called me to Gangnam-gu-."

Jongdae excitedly sat back at his seat and listened to him attentively.

"For the next audition."

"Then you should go!"

"I won't go. I don't want to."

"What?! You can't lose this chance Hyung! You passed the audition, this is your chance, take it!"

"Then what about you? I can't just leave you and live my dream. You had this dream as well didn't you?"

"Forget bout my dream, you can't give up something just cause I couldn't pass the audition. The train will leave if you don't catch it."

"What?" Minseok frowned confusedly.

"Nevermind, you won't get that anyways...What I'm trying to say is, go. Just go. Don't think about me. Don't let go of what you love just cause of me."

"But Jongdae-."

"I don't want to live my life in regrets Hyung. I can't. The burden is just too much."

"You're over-exaggerating." Minseok sighed.

"I might be, but let's face it, I will just keep dragging you away from your dreams and in the end you will just be the typical business man who works from nine to five and comes home with a heavy head."

"I despise those types of people. Yes. They are miserable." He nodded in agreement.

"That's why. Take the ticket. Fly to your dreams Hyung."

Minseok thought hard. Thought deep, but the only thought pulling him behind was Jongdaes solitude after he leaves.

"You sure..?" Minseok doubtfully twisted his lips.

"One hundred percent sure."