Is This Murder?

Is This Murder?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He groggily opened his eyes, bright lights shining on him as he noticed Taehyung standing near him, his face dangerously close to his own. Worry was etched into his features but was soon replaced with relief, his lips curving up into his signature smile as he noticed Yoongi staring back at him.

"Oh! You're awake! Give me a second," Taehyung said, running off to find a nurse and leaving Yoongi alone to his thoughts. 

Staring confused at the empty doorway, realization dawned on him about the night before. Guilt began to fill up inside of him as he thought about his brother. He knew had murdered him and yet, he had no memory of the action. 

Trying to push himself up, he felt a hand hold him down, "You can't get up yet, the doctor isn't here and you're hurt."

Yoongi scrunched his eyebrows in confusion, a quick shock of pain traveling up his left arm as he tried to move again. Moving the blanket with his other hand, he noticed his arm wrapped in coils of bandages. Yoongi looked towards Jungkook, his eyes swimming with confusion.

"You got stabbed in the arm," he paused, fishing for the correct words to say, "and your brother, Jin," The younger hesitated once more, shifting in his spot, "he was killed." 

Yoongi felt his breath hitch in his throat, a suffocating silence filling the room as he began to process the news. 

"HELLO WE ARE BACK!" Taehyung yelled into the room, a tired nurse and an embarrassed group of friends following behind him. Noticing the tense atmosphere, they stopped and held their breath, assuming that Jungkook must have told Yoongi. The nurse precariously made her way toward the shocked Yoongi, performing a normal check up, and giving him his clothes and permission to leave as long as he gets lots of rest.

“YEAH PARTY AT YOONGI’S HOUSE!!” Taehyung yelled again, trying to lighten the mood as the rest of the members shook their heads in utter disappointment.

“You know, sometimes, I don’t even know why I’m friends with you,” Namjoon sighed, rubbing his forehead with his hand.

“Hey! Don’t say that to Taehyung. He’s just a little...special is all,” Hoseok said, slinging an arm over Taehyung’s shoulder. A joking look of hurt passed over Taehyung’s face, his hand resting on his chest dramatically as if he was shot. They all broke into laughter and even Yoongi's lips curled into a small smile. 

“So we can go to your house, right?” Jungkook innocently said, turning to Yoongi. 

Yoongi nodded his head in approval and they all cheered in excitement. 

“Okay, but we’re gonna need food,” Jimin said, taking leadership for the first time, “how about Taehyung, Jungkook, and I go get some while Namjoon and Hoseok take Yoongi home?” Agreeing, they bid their farewell and the three left through the door. 

“Well, we better go then,” Namjoon said looking at Yoongi’s arm, “you won’t need help getting dressed will you?” 

Scrunching his face up, Yoongi tested his arm and shook his head, “I think I’ll be able to manage. You guys wait for me outside.”

Namjoon and Hoseok’s eyes flicked to each other as they shifted in their spot, comtemplating the decision. Yoongi looked at them in confusion, unsure of why they were acting this way. 

Sensing Yoongi’s gaze, Hoseok quickly forced a smile, shaking his head, “it’s nothing, we’ll wait outside then. Yell if you need us.”

Still confused, he pushed the thought to the back of his mind and stood up, careful not to move his left arm too much in the process. The floor felt icy against his bare feet as he slowly picked up the package of clothes that the nurse had left. 

As he picked out the fresh clothes from on top, his eyes widened in horror, staring at his old clothes folded neatly underneath. The bloodstains on the shirt jumped out at him as his whole body began to shake, eyes blinking rapidly. His breathing became laboured as he dropped the bag, tightly clinging on to the bed railing. Falling down to his knees, he heaved, sweat dripping from his forehead. 

A sharp knock sounded from the door as Yoongi whipped his head around.

“You okay? Do you want us to come in?” Namjoon asked, worry evident in his voice.

N-no, I’m fine I’ll be out in a minute,” Yoongi managed to utter, rapidly trying to compose himself. Taking a deep breath, he covered the bloody clothes and put on the new ones, struggling with his injur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter